Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – April, 2002

Viewing 271 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Has anybody played through or own a Mesa Boogie F-50 1×12 Combo? I haven’t played one yet, so I’m doing a little research first. Anything good or bad about them? They’re fairly new and I can’t find any reviews on them. Thanks

Anonymous

I am looking for an acoustic guitar and i have only two choises left it is going to be a Taylor Big Baby or a Washburn D10S i would like to know if any one had more info on the two so i can make my mined up any info would be apreciated.

Anonymous

I OWN A TAYLOR 310CE, AND A WASHBURN. BOTH ARE BEAUTIFUL, QUALITY GUITARS. THE WASHBURN HAS A BRIGHT SOUND WHILE THE TAYLOR IS WARM. IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO, I WOULD GO WITH THE TAYLOR FOR QUALITY, PLAYABILITY AND RESALE VALUE. THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A TAYLOR…

Anonymous

I own a semi hollow epiphone electric but on the head the name of both gibson and epiphone are writen on it. Is this a special guitar?

Anonymous

No, Gibson makes Epiphones

Anonymous

In the amps section of GuitarSite, in the part about tubes are good and solid state is bad, it says that guitar effects

Anonymous

: In the amps section of GuitarSite, in the part about tubes are good and solid state is bad, it says that guitar effects processors and speaker simulators sound too easily reproducable and too convenient. Both of these things are pluses and not minuses. This website seems to be saying that these are drawbacks. I do agree that tubes do sound better.

Anonymous

I been debating my roommate about this subject and I need a fresh perspective. While listening to the new Pat Metheny Group CD "Speaking of Now", I wondered if anyone besides me would consider them to be a jam band? In the vein of Phish or Leftover Salmon. Perhaps not in the "traditional" sense but they could play bills with these guys right? been talking on other boards with people who say that PMG is improv and not really "jamming"…but I’m not much of a musician so I dunno if I’m just being naive… I like it all , maybe that’s my problem… thanks

Anonymous

Changing scales during a song- or stay with one scale?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Changing scales during a song- or stay with one scale?

Anonymous

What's this Amp?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What’s this Amp?

Anonymous

Are these guitars made in USA? And how is the quality?

Anonymous

I know nothing about guitars except that there are only two competers in this world fender and gibson i’m supposed to compare two guitars for a project and i have no clue I thought perhaps one cheap one and one expensive one would be good does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should compare??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Anonymous

hello. there are a thousand things you can talk about between these two venerable companies. so much in fact that you mght need to be specific as far as what aspect you want to discuss goes. you can compare their history, their manufacturing ideologies, or maybe, you can pick their more successful guitar models and compare sound, structure, cost, maybe the leading figures in the music industry who use them. a lot of this stuff you can find at several websites. good luck with your research. 🙂

Anonymous

Check out the Harmony Central Guitar Database for reviews of hundreds of guitars, prices and features. There are also links to the guitar websites. good luck………….

Anonymous

I have been given my fathers guitar.I took it in to a music shop and they told me not to get anything done to it as its worth money..Could you tell me how much a 1940s something gibson guitar is worth.It has its own carrying case too….

Anonymous

What software can be used to create the chord charts seen in guitar instruction books? I want to be able to create finger placment on the fret pattern chart and then copy it into word documents for an instruction book but have not been able to find what software does this.

Anonymous

Go over to <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/">Shareware Music Machine</a> and look in the guitar software area. I’m sure I came across something like wot u want a while ago. : What software can be used to create the chord charts seen in guitar instruction books? I want to be able to create finger placment on the fret pattern chart and then copy it into word documents for an instruction book but have not been able to find what software does this.

Anonymous

What software can be used to create the chord charts seen in guitar instruction books? I want to be able to great finger placment on the fret pattern chart and then copy it into word documents for an instruction book but have not been able to find what software does this.

Anonymous

contessa mini bass amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : contessa mini bass amp

Anonymous

Gibson C-O-Classic 981894

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson C-O-Classic 981894

Anonymous

need to ID & price these 2 guitars………. One is a guild hollow body, 12 string electric, circa 1967. Need value. email me for pictures. The other is an unknown model alembic 4 string bass. Can anyone help? email me for photos..

Anonymous

Hi. i have built my own stratocaster and everything is fine. is there any way i can turn it into a semi acoustic or get a semi acoustic sound? it has strat pickups and a tremelo arm

Anonymous

What are the basic differences between a Standard Strat and Standard Tele?

Anonymous

: What are the basic differences between a Standard Strat and Standard Tele? I feel teles have more mids to them closer to a humbucker and they also have more punch Strats give the classic blues tone and also have more choices of tone it’s all personal choice I chose a tele!!

Anonymous

Go to any website and compare the differnces, I like teles better… but that is my preference. : What are the basic differences between a Standard Strat and Standard Tele?

Anonymous

: Go to any website and compare the differnces, I like Strats better… but that is my thing : : : What are the basic differences between a Standard Strat and Standard Tele?

Anonymous

: Go to any website and compare the differnces, I like teles better… but that is my preference. : : : What are the basic differences between a Standard Strat and Standard Tele? Strat vs Tele is like violin vs viola (or even cello) Completely different sounds for different purposes. Your ear can guide you better than anyone. My suggestion: Music shop, same amp, try both. Strat is typical Clapton or Gilmour. Tele is very metallic such as Springsteen (not that I like him but he always holds a Tele). Hope this helps.

Anonymous

thanks for you eyes and ears.whenever i touch the pickups the hum goes away.can anyone clue me in on what to do,or better yet,what not to do?thank you rojodiablo.

Anonymous

Grounding… it’s an old guitar, easiest thing to do first is check all wiring is ‘solidly’ soldered and ecerything is properly shielded and grounded. : thanks for you eyes and ears.whenever i touch the pickups the hum goes away.can anyone clue me in on what to do,or better yet,what not to do?thank you rojodiablo.

Anonymous

Do you knowhow much a Goya G-17 made in Sweden is worth? The serial# is 3737059.

Anonymous

i am looking for a tab for the following song: woo-who. i don’t know who plays it and it something like heavy metal rock and roll whatever you wanna call it. lyerics in it include "i got my head shaved by a gimojag–It wasn’t easy but nothing iiiss–oooooooooo a woo-who–(something) at all–woo who" it goes on like this if u reconize this song could u tell me who plays it and where i could get a tab for it. thanks! E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: i am looking for a tab for the following song: : . i don’t know who plays it and it something like heavy metal rock and roll whatever you wanna call it. lyerics in it include "i got my head shaved by a gimojag–It wasn’t easy but nothing iiiss–oooooooooo a woo-who–(something) at all–woo who" it goes on like this if u reconize this song could u tell me who plays it and where i could get a tab for it. thanks! : E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: i am looking for a tab for the following song: i am looking for the song that Erni and Bart sing when its soposed to be "Go shorty its your birthday where gonna party because its your bithday" and ya so when you find out who please e-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: i am looking for a tab for the following song: : woo-who. i don’t know who plays it and it something like heavy metal rock and roll whatever you wanna call it. lyerics in it include "i got my head shaved by a gimojag–It wasn’t easy but nothing iiiss–oooooooooo a woo-who–(something) at all–woo who" it goes on like this if u reconize this song could u tell me who plays it and where i could get a tab for it. thanks! : E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

need help to find lyerics on the song " dreams can come true by desirre"….plz help

Anonymous

: : need help to find lyerics on the song " dreams can come true by desirre"….plz help

Anonymous

: : need help to find lyerics on the song " dreams can come true by desirre"….plz help

Anonymous

i need help finding the lyerics to 1, 2, step by ciara please help

Anonymous

need help to find help with finding the Lyics to the song of the Highway man BY Loreena McKennitt

Anonymous

: : : : need help to find lyerics on the song " slide along side plz heip me

Anonymous

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare the shadow in the background of the morgue the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley we can live like Jack and Sally if we want where you can always find me we’ll have Halloween on Christmas and in the night we’ll wish this never ends we’ll wish this never ends

Anonymous

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare the shadow in the background of the morgue the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley we can live like Jack and Sally if we want where you can always find me we’ll have Halloween on Christmas and in the night we’ll wish this never ends we’ll wish this never ends

Anonymous

by: E-40 sprinkle me

Anonymous

: : : : need help to find lyerics on the song the first cut is the deepest

Anonymous

need help to find lyerics to a song by the bee gees called "you win again" please help me thank you

Anonymous

I need a couple of lyrics off the cd Excorist by X-Raided. All i know are the numbers, they are #2,#3,#6,#8,#12. could you please help me out!!!

Anonymous

: i am looking for a tab for the following song: : woo-who. i don’t know who plays it and it something like heavy metal rock and roll whatever you wanna call it. lyerics in it include "i got my head shaved by a gimojag–It wasn’t easy but nothing iiiss–oooooooooo a woo-who–(something) at all–woo who" it goes on like this if u reconize this song could u tell me who plays it and where i could get a tab for it. thanks! : E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: : i am looking for the words to ERIE CANAL CAPERS : :

Anonymous

woo-who is i think writen by Newsboys. the lyerics are in their cd, and just look up " newsboys" and the tabs will probably come up. God Bless, Me

Anonymous

Anonymous

i belive it is by BLUR. try OLGA for the tabs the site is easy to find.

Anonymous

Sin e…

Anonymous

i tryed and tryed again I still can’t get it right. i was told i was like playing a gost note, but i am a beginner so i am not familiar with some of the subjects. could u possible help me by giving me tips or something on how to play the intro on Smells like teen spirit by nirvana?? thanks! E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

where it sounds like palm muting, he is actually resting his fretting hand on the strings to create the sound. You dont need to prees hard just enough to muffle the strings. Hope that helps.

Anonymous

: where it sounds like palm muting, he is actually resting his fretting hand on the strings to create the sound. You dont need to prees hard just enough to muffle the strings. Hope that helps.

Anonymous

hey that is what this forum is all about getting together and helping each other keep working hard it’ll pay off.

Anonymous

………………………..

Anonymous

The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

Anonymous

And then I flushed. : The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

Anonymous

And hello to you too, dickhead! : The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

Anonymous

WILL THIS BE A COLLECTORS ITEM?

Anonymous

: WILL THIS BE A COLLECTORS ITEM?

Anonymous

:Depends on what you want to collect. I tend to collect fun guitars, and this one is a special purpose guitar to me, which is fun. NO,it probably won’t ever be very valuable, but fun–get it?

Anonymous

Probably not. I bought one brand new for $350 back in 1984 or 85. It wasn’t a top of the line guitar & it’s not like it’s an authentic Slick autograph…it’s just a print. I still have the guitar, and I’m actually looking to replace the old kahler tremolo on it.

Anonymous

Prehaps this isn’t the right messageboard to ask but i will try anyway.. I want to play Power Metal U know like Stratovarius/Blind Guardian/Rhapsody Etc And Im loking for that heavy Power Metal sound Im having a very hard time setting my amp to sound like i want it to *prehaps its not even possible* My amp is not so god it is a peavy rage 158 transetube series and i dont think its built for that sort of sound but to compensate that i got myself a Zoom505II guitar processor and hoped that it whould help me on the way but i just dont get it how to set all these patches to an optimal setting … i dont even know witch bank to use. I can’t afoard to buy a new amp *marshall or whatever* so i wondered if there is some hope anyway?

Anonymous

I can seem to get it to distort enough to play pieces to my likings.. As Asaroth said… , i would like to know how to get alot of distotion outa my peavey 158 Transtube , any help will be appreciated

Anonymous

first thing you need to do is write a good patch on your zoom. going round on th selector, your settings should look something like this. patch level 25, comp/lim/wah on c4, dist on metal (nt??) and gain to about 25. have the eq set to about 25 and the the next one to -5, znr to 9, mod off, del/rev on d3, and the time to 37. ajust it so that you ge these settings and you will have a good metal patch. then turn the bass up all the way on your amp, the treble to about the middle. now when you crank your mid down, the sound will become more metal.

Anonymous

let me tell you right now that if you want that sound DON’T GET A MARSHALL. Stupid brits think way to highly of themselves, and I am just not impressed. Here is the deal if your 505II works anything likke the 505I that I used to use it wont be terribly difficult. First of all you need a good moderatley high output humbuker going to that zoom. The set the zoom by going to any of the patches you dont like and hit the edit button. (Most of the factory presets suck so this should not be an issue). Then set everything too off by scrolling through each effect and making sure it say off or none or something like that(sorry I havent used the thing for several years.) Then set the out put level of the pedal so it will slightly overdrive your amp, with the amp gain at like 3-5. Then go up to the distortion section of the zoom. there will be a whole bunch of options there but the one you wast is just DI or distorion. The MT or metal setting is just crappy mush. Then go to the gain next to the distortion section and crank it the higher you go the thicker it will sound. Finally there is some amp simulation on the zoom that follows the noise reduction i belive. you will have to work with this a bit but it will really help shape up the sound. I think the settings go from like A-1 through A-9, A-7 sounded cool on my rockpro1000. Finally hit store twice and it will be saved. Then set the eq on your amp a way that sounds good to you. A big part of being a guitarist is getting your own sound, and eq will really help you out here. If you have any further questions repost, or if you think i’m just an ass with way to much to say that is fine to. Hope it helps.

Anonymous

Thx you Guys!! You have no idea how much that helped me!! Again Thanks!!! Ofcourse im not a very skilled guitarist but im planning to be and i mean what is the point of playing if youre not happy with the sound while you get there?

Anonymous

can you send me lyrics to lucky peterson bill perry live and tomy castro live and tino gonzales first album tank you very much i ve a lot of lyrics to send to

Anonymous

I have a Kramer "Gorky Park" w/fake autographs.Only 150 made. Its triangle shaped and red w/american&russian flags.Have you ever heard of this,and if so how much is it worth.(purchased new in 1991.)

Anonymous

: you need to go to kramermaniaxe.com, if you already havent. There you will get all the info you need on these guitars.

Anonymous

Just bought Hohner HG310 supposed to be a Martin copy made in 04/78, anybody know about this thing?

Anonymous

Don’t know much about it, but I have one that I bought new around 1978. Still think it’s a great guitar…has held up just fine and plays, sounds, and records way better than many much more expensive big-name guitars (and a custom guitar or two) that I have played and/or heard over the years.

Anonymous

i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana’s song smell’s like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can’t get the palm muting thing right i realyy don’t know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at [email protected].

Anonymous

it is not palm muting. You mute with your fretting hand. Like a ghost note. 0.log 1.log backups credentials demo.sql.gz docker docker-compose.ssl.yml docker-compose.yml Dockerfile docker-sync.yml docs files maps nginx.proxied.proxy nginx.proxy node_modules output.json package.json plgs.tar.gz public_html reports.md run-after-full-import.md scripts start-http.json sync sync.0pIk sync.0Rr7 sync.0th9 sync.1laT sync.1scW sync.26M4 sync.2psQ sync.3GRz sync.3Iwf sync.3QUK sync.3sVh sync.3VQb sync.3WNC sync.42xB sync.4Mvm sync.4MXp sync.4qQx sync.4xgU sync.5hgC sync.5Nel sync.5rrd sync.5VRJ sync.5XnR sync.6A8u sync.6AJs sync.6GFq sync.6hsD sync.6jyd sync.6wjU sync.6WMT sync.7c0x sync.7dsW sync.7iAy sync.7kPv sync.7Q0d sync.81aX sync.84gh sync.8Jfd sync.8PYu sync.8whL sync.90LU sync.92Lm sync.99t9 sync.9qz4 sync.9s5A sync.9YeU sync.9Ywl sync.9Z21 sync.A8fm sync.ADCg sync.aDRz sync.aFtL sync.aocI sync.ap2a sync.As8B sync.Aw0r sync.awiY sync.aX8C sync.b63o sync.bChf sync.bCpV sync.BhLT sync.BKn3 sync.bN5A sync.bUSU sync.bY0K sync.c91V sync.cEUw sync.cFkA sync.cGjo sync.ch8p sync.CIZJ sync.CjnZ sync.CMRN sync.cOHq sync.Cq69 sync.CSP0 sync.cWe7 sync.d0J6 sync.dDxW sync.dfrB sync.dGNt sync.DigX sync.dl4x sync.DNqn sync.dPUs sync.dsee sync.DvPg sync.dWV2 sync.DxgD sync.dXpm sync.DzAR sync.e2CE sync.E5Il sync.E60V sync.E7EO sync.EaIM sync.eAyP sync.Ef2s sync.EkEX sync.EQrM sync.et3C sync.EZm1 sync.f0kM sync.f3jD sync.f8ae sync.fFv0 sync.FGIO sync.ft8w sync.fTJy sync.ftmX sync.FYBN sync.Gb7r sync.GJMQ sync.gmdw sync.gQtb sync.Gs44 sync.gy9H sync.h9xJ sync.HcgS sync.HCZd sync.Hfcq sync.hggN sync.HIrk sync.HIUP sync.hlca sync.HSsB sync.i8wa sync.IEVo sync.iFa1 sync.ione sync.IU9P sync.izSw sync.J4aq sync.J97D sync.JawD sync.JDa7 sync.Ji52 sync.jKMx sync.JPO5 sync.JtiI sync.k2Gy sync.K9rj sync.kb5z sync.KeaE sync.KGbP sync.KgVY sync.KoYa sync.KS6I sync.KYej sync.kZ2a sync.L2Z6 sync.LeHz sync.ljJ2 sync.lLc8 sync.LMX8 sync.Lpy4 sync.lqro sync.LvGg sync.Lx5a sync.lXh9 sync.lybD sync.LYRY sync.MHuV sync.MltK sync.MsVX sync.mVuY sync.mwyZ sync.n2AE sync.NebV sync.nnA8 sync.npLy sync.Nre7 sync.nsTg sync.OB3z sync.OcEc sync.oJwH sync.OMK3 sync.OPpP sync.paxM sync.pGfy sync.pIwP sync.pK37 sync.pKd3 sync.Pkgs sync.PKlK sync.PTTg sync.pxjL sync.Qqxy sync.qRBf sync.qsxz sync.qt7y sync.QTPS sync.qV0C sync.QWe4 sync.qxrd sync.R2X0 sync.rOQp sync.rYeW sync.rzLd sync.Sg60 sync.sper sync.SQy5 sync.SRCe sync.SwsI sync.SYB0 sync.tLJE sync.ttL2 sync.tue3 sync.twny sync.TzJU sync.u9U4 sync.ugcH sync.UHYA sync.ukQs sync.uLj3 sync.ULNv sync.V7Vl sync.vf2X sync.vhFr sync.VkF8 sync.Vqkx sync.VR2Q sync.VYiB sync.VYIR sync.vz24 sync.vzw2 sync.w0Yo sync.WcNv sync.WiDl sync.WlqP sync.WQmB sync.wUAk sync.wy7K sync.wzqf sync.X0tS sync.x8i4 sync.xFZD sync.xNCH sync.XPUg sync.XwsU sync.xZT1 sync.Y4OP sync.y6Rf sync.ydia sync.YJVv sync.YmU2 sync.YrJa sync.yRoY sync.yZO8 sync.Z0ov sync.zFJg sync.zmoG sync.ZRCY sync.ztlz sync.ZuDk sync.ZUot taxonomy_export.json tmp users.sql web wordpress wp_users.sql yarn.lock : i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana’s song smell’s like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can’t get the palm muting thing right i realyy don’t know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at [email protected]. 0.log 1.log backups credentials demo.sql.gz docker docker-compose.ssl.yml docker-compose.yml Dockerfile docker-sync.yml docs files maps nginx.proxied.proxy nginx.proxy node_modules output.json package.json plgs.tar.gz public_html reports.md run-after-full-import.md scripts start-http.json sync sync.0pIk sync.0Rr7 sync.0th9 sync.1laT sync.1scW sync.26M4 sync.2psQ sync.3GRz sync.3Iwf sync.3QUK sync.3sVh sync.3VQb sync.3WNC sync.42xB sync.4Mvm sync.4MXp sync.4qQx sync.4xgU sync.5hgC sync.5Nel sync.5rrd sync.5VRJ sync.5XnR sync.6A8u sync.6AJs sync.6GFq sync.6hsD sync.6jyd sync.6wjU sync.6WMT sync.7c0x sync.7dsW sync.7iAy sync.7kPv sync.7Q0d sync.81aX sync.84gh sync.8Jfd sync.8PYu sync.8whL sync.90LU sync.92Lm sync.99t9 sync.9qz4 sync.9s5A sync.9YeU sync.9Ywl sync.9Z21 sync.A8fm sync.ADCg sync.aDRz sync.aFtL sync.aocI sync.ap2a sync.As8B sync.Aw0r sync.awiY sync.aX8C sync.b63o sync.bChf sync.bCpV sync.BhLT sync.BKn3 sync.bN5A sync.bUSU sync.bY0K sync.c91V sync.cEUw sync.cFkA sync.cGjo sync.ch8p sync.CIZJ sync.CjnZ sync.CMRN sync.cOHq sync.Cq69 sync.CSP0 sync.cWe7 sync.d0J6 sync.dDxW sync.dfrB sync.dGNt sync.DigX sync.dl4x sync.DNqn sync.dPUs sync.dsee sync.DvPg sync.dWV2 sync.DxgD sync.dXpm sync.DzAR sync.e2CE sync.E5Il sync.E60V sync.E7EO sync.EaIM sync.eAyP sync.Ef2s sync.EkEX sync.EQrM sync.et3C sync.EZm1 sync.f0kM sync.f3jD sync.f8ae sync.fFv0 sync.FGIO sync.ft8w sync.fTJy sync.ftmX sync.FYBN sync.Gb7r sync.GJMQ sync.gmdw sync.gQtb sync.Gs44 sync.gy9H sync.h9xJ sync.HcgS sync.HCZd sync.Hfcq sync.hggN sync.HIrk sync.HIUP sync.hlca sync.HSsB sync.i8wa sync.IEVo sync.iFa1 sync.ione sync.IU9P sync.izSw sync.J4aq sync.J97D sync.JawD sync.JDa7 sync.Ji52 sync.jKMx sync.JPO5 sync.JtiI sync.k2Gy sync.K9rj sync.kb5z sync.KeaE sync.KGbP sync.KgVY sync.KoYa sync.KS6I sync.KYej sync.kZ2a sync.L2Z6 sync.LeHz sync.ljJ2 sync.lLc8 sync.LMX8 sync.Lpy4 sync.lqro sync.LvGg sync.Lx5a sync.lXh9 sync.lybD sync.LYRY sync.MHuV sync.MltK sync.MsVX sync.mVuY sync.mwyZ sync.n2AE sync.NebV sync.nnA8 sync.npLy sync.Nre7 sync.nsTg sync.OB3z sync.OcEc sync.oJwH sync.OMK3 sync.OPpP sync.paxM sync.pGfy sync.pIwP sync.pK37 sync.pKd3 sync.Pkgs sync.PKlK sync.PTTg sync.pxjL sync.Qqxy sync.qRBf sync.qsxz sync.qt7y sync.QTPS sync.qV0C sync.QWe4 sync.qxrd sync.R2X0 sync.rOQp sync.rYeW sync.rzLd sync.Sg60 sync.sper sync.SQy5 sync.SRCe sync.SwsI sync.SYB0 sync.tLJE sync.ttL2 sync.tue3 sync.twny sync.TzJU sync.u9U4 sync.ugcH sync.UHYA sync.ukQs sync.uLj3 sync.ULNv sync.V7Vl sync.vf2X sync.vhFr sync.VkF8 sync.Vqkx sync.VR2Q sync.VYiB sync.VYIR sync.vz24 sync.vzw2 sync.w0Yo sync.WcNv sync.WiDl sync.WlqP sync.WQmB sync.wUAk sync.wy7K sync.wzqf sync.X0tS sync.x8i4 sync.xFZD sync.xNCH sync.XPUg sync.XwsU sync.xZT1 sync.Y4OP sync.y6Rf sync.ydia sync.YJVv sync.YmU2 sync.YrJa sync.yRoY sync.yZO8 sync.Z0ov sync.zFJg sync.zmoG sync.ZRCY sync.ztlz sync.ZuDk sync.ZUot taxonomy_export.json tmp users.sql web wordpress wp_users.sql yarn.lock

Anonymous

i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana’s song smell’s like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can’t get the palm muting thing right i realyy don’t know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at [email protected].

Anonymous

why is the info in guitar history also on encarta? isnt it copyrighted?

Anonymous

I’m a 34 year old guitarist in louisiana doing some 4 tracking at home. I’d like to add your link to my site, if you’ll will add mine. For anyone seeking exposure, let’s swap. Also, if you have any kind of site, and would like to trade, lemme know. My styles are melodic rock, pop, progressive, rock n roll, bluesy, folk, and recently hillbilly, i guess?, also my own unique rock hybrid creations. visit: geocities.com/kiddinla … thanks, Damian

Anonymous

i recently aquired an ax1000g but with no adaptor included, i visited the local distributor but they said that they dont sell korg adaptors……. what kind of adaptor should i use….. i have a generic one here but im afraid i might damage the unit .. its specks are (adaptor) 60/50Hz, 18W, 1.5-3.4-9-12V and 1000mA…… would this be ok? plss help me………

Anonymous

zoom 9000

This popular thread has been given its own page : zoom 9000

Anonymous

great ibanez check it out… http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=863646448 ~sellin a great guitar~

Anonymous

s Yairi guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : s Yairi guitar

Anonymous

The music "industry" right now is at its lowerst point in the last 30 years. Never has capitalism played such a great part in blocking out the true artists in the game. Musicians since the middle ages have been underpaid, underappriciated, the people who’s livelyhood has relied on their passion for the music. Pop bands such as Blink-182 who try to advertize themselves as "punk", so as to gain more publicity, thus sales. People like Lars Ulrich, who sell out on a band as signifigant as Metallica. Beurocratic bean counters such as Fred Durst who are only interested in sales figures, and dont realy give half a fuck about the music. Theres are not the heros of our music scene. It the kids in their garages, writing simple tunes about lost love, it the weekend warrios shredding with their highschool mates of long ago, its the people who put their blood, sweat and tears into music and never get recognized, these are our heros. There are 2 ways teh music scene can go. It can get better, or it can get worse. Its time to take the power back. In a day and age where bands pop up, sounding quasi-pearl jam/creed, releasing one song and then dissapearing, where "r’n’b" is any pop song released by a black artist. If you not as guitarists, not as musicians, but as people, want it to get better, then the sword is in your hand. You have to know how to weild it. Keep putting in the blood sweat and tears, brothers and sisters. Let the beurocratic record execs’ weave their bullshit. Its your music, its your life, its your enjoyment. Do your own thing, not what you think you should do. Its what makes us the best fuckin thing there is, not just as guitarists, not just as musicians, but as people. Kepp the dreams, brother and sisters. Vladimir

Anonymous

We are playing this at a wedding and are looking for the guitar tabs Thank you

Anonymous

I too, am looking for this…please email me if found! thank you. beckianne [email protected]

Anonymous

If you do find it, please email me! I have a friend who is looking for tabs of this song as well.

Anonymous

what is a just price for this guitar? Thoese who have played one how do you compare it to a gibson with the same set-up’s pick-up’s etc?

Anonymous

Why is an accoustic guitar shaped like an hourglass and how does it effect the sound?

Anonymous

: Why is an accoustic guitar shaped like an hourglass and how does it effect the sound? The shape is for comfort, but also influences the sound. In general, larger bodies tend to be louder and have more bass. The shape of the body influences how the wood vibrates, which has a lot to do with why certian body styles have charecteristic sounds, for example the booming bass of a dreadnaught. There are many other variables that affect the sound, including materials, construction, strings, finish, etc., but probably the single most important is the player!

Anonymous

I have a Gretsch by Bigsby, Chet Atkins Country Gentlemen electric guitar. I was told it was worth big bucks. Does anyone have any idea how much. It’s it very good shape.

Anonymous

: I have a Gretsch solid body guitar model #7628 with hard case….guitar is in brand new condition..what should it be worth?

Anonymous

: : I have a Gretsch solid body guitar model #7628 with hard case….guitar is in brand new condition..what should it be worth? here you go this one is selling for $1300 which i was surprised to see since i paid $400 for mine. http://www.mannys.net/shop/productos.asp?busavmarca=GRETSCH

Anonymous

yup they do go for a few dollars, need to know the year though too… try looking on ebay to get an idea of the used value, or the bluebook. : I have a Gretsch by Bigsby, Chet Atkins Country Gentlemen electric guitar. I was told it was worth big bucks. Does anyone have any idea how much. It’s it very good shape.

Anonymous

EBAY IS A POOR PLACE TO GET A PRICE ON ANYTHING,TOO MANY PEOPLE USE EBAY AS A REFFERENCE AND TRY TO APPLY IT TO THE REAL WORLD–IT DONT WORK YOUR GUITAR IS WORH ABOUT $2500. (IN MINT CONDITION AND TO THE RIGHT PERSON. I HOPE YOU DIDNT SELL IT TOO CHEAP

Anonymous

I agree it is a poor place to find the ‘value’ of a guitar, but it is a good place to see what they are actually selling for, and the demand, depending where you live it can be very hard to sell a guitar for it’s ‘value’. : EBAY IS A POOR PLACE TO GET A PRICE ON ANYTHING,TOO MANY PEOPLE USE EBAY AS A : REFFERENCE AND TRY TO APPLY IT TO THE REAL WORLD–IT DONT WORK : YOUR GUITAR IS WORH ABOUT $2500. (IN MINT CONDITION AND TO THE RIGHT PERSON. : I HOPE YOU DIDNT SELL IT TOO CHEAP

Anonymous

I own a Yamaki Deluxe which used to have the adjustable bridge. Im not sure about the year of it, but i would like to know if it is worth any amount of money. I f you could help me I would be forever gratful. Thanks, Cory.

Anonymous

Hello,I to am in the same boat.I have a Yamaki Deluxe I bought used in about 1972 or 73,it is in very good top shape but I am having a hard time finding anything out about this guitar.I have a Martin d-35 from the early 80s in showroom shape but at times I prefuretoplay the Yamaki go figure! Hope we both can get info.Dan

Anonymous

Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard are to be the first 3 recipients of the Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) Icon Award, to be presented to them at the BMI 50th Annual Pop Awards dinner at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, CA on Tuesday May 14th 2002. The performing rights organization is honoring them with this prestigious new award in recognition of their many contributions to contemporary music. Bo Diddley’s debut single "Bo Diddley"/"I’m A Man" (Checker 814) hitting the rhythm & blues singles chart in May 1955, Chuck Berry’s "Maybellene" (Chess 1604) in August 1955 and Little Richard’s "Tutti-Frutti" (Specialty 561) in January 1956. Now in his early 70s, one of the founding fathers of rock music and the popularizer of the world-famous "Bo Diddley beat", singer and guitarist Bo Diddley is still very much active in the recording studio and in the clubs and the concert halls around the world. He performed a rousing version of his classic song "Who Do You Love" with George Thorogood & The Destroyers in front of a TV audience of millions at the Live Aid Concert in Philadelphia in 1985. A couple of years later he was deservedly an early inductee into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame. In 1996 he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rhythm ‘n’ Blues Foundation and in 1998 received another Lifetime Achievement Award this time from The Recording Academy at that year’s annual Grammy Awards Ceremony. More recently, yet further honors were justifiably awarded to him when he was inducted into The Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame, The North Florida Music Association Hall of Fame and on March 8th of this year he was awarded the prestigious Pioneer In Entertainment Award by The National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (NABOB). Warmest congratulations to Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard on the awarding of these richly-deserved honors. David Blakey, Webmaster, BO DIDDLEY-The Originator http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/index.html A Celebration of Bo Diddley’s unique contribution to Popular Music.

Anonymous

Thanks Gorm,you have been a great help

Anonymous

Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Anonymous

Of course he is. Furthermore, this man will be eternally alive in my spirit. : Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Anonymous

He is still alive. Some rumours were circulating last year about a health problem but I have been told these are false and he is doing well, Jim in Canada : Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Anonymous

my name is Adam, i live i grand rapids,mi and i am looking for a job drafting blueprints for gutars. i recently completed an autocad coarse and i am willing to move.

Anonymous

: my name is Aleksandar and i am a guitar maker.I am looking for a business partner to eploy me.I can prove my handy by pictures or my handcrafted guitars.

Anonymous

Look for guitar makers in the <a href="https://www.guitarsite.com/database/">database</a&gt; on this site. There are heaps of Makers out there. : my name is Adam, i live i grand rapids,mi and i am looking for a job drafting blueprints for gutars. i recently completed an autocad coarse and i am willing to move.

Anonymous

I’m wondering where can I find a decal for a 70’s fender strat peghead.

Anonymous

:The only place you will get one of these is through Fender itself. And they will need proof that the guitar you own is a true Fender, for copywrite purposes

Anonymous

i am looking for dt tabs. i want this albums. when dream and day unite, change of seasons, six degrees of inner turbulence, images and words. i have the rest of albums. i also want anything from pink floyd or ozzy. send me a mail if you have something i want

Anonymous

i just want tabs form dt-th mirror

Anonymous

I really need this tab cane you help?

Anonymous

: It’s actually a Michael Jackson song, and covered virtually note for notte. Try looking for Jackson tabs.

Anonymous

I was looking for at home assembly jobs or at home data entry or really any at home job and my friend told me about this great site. So for anybody out there like me who wants work from home, you can check it out. It’s at http://www.homeworkers.org/index.html

Anonymous

I have an Aria Pro II U60T Urchin series solid body electric guitar. When I got it, all of the wiring was tottally shot. I have to redo the entire thing. Can anybody tell me how to rewire this thing. It has two tones and one volume with a three way switch.

Anonymous

Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I’ve been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard’s way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I’m thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe? thanks in advance…

Anonymous

: Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I’ve been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard’s way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I’m thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe? : thanks in advance… my personal opinion would be a paticular model which i have played but do not yet own is an ovation balladeer special model S771 due to its collectable qualities and the noticeable improvement in sound projection due to lack of embellishment and finish.

Anonymous

: Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I’ve been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard’s way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I’m thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe? : thanks in advance… I recently picked up a used Fernandes Reyna at a local shop for less than $200. This guitar has the most comfortable neck of any acoustic I’ve ever played! Good luck, BIG AL

Anonymous

Check out Yamaha’s entry level acoustic guitars. Epiphone and Ibanez have fairly good acoustic guitars at below $300. If you can spare a bit more, try the lower end guitars by Tacoma and Takamine, as well as Ovation for electric acoustics. good luck to your playing. 🙂

Anonymous

Chinese made Castilla CS-30

This popular thread has been given its own page : Chinese made Castilla CS-30

Anonymous

I want this guitar….OK, any for sale! Help! I want this!

Anonymous

ampeg svt-3 pro crashdown

This popular thread has been given its own page : ampeg svt-3 pro crashdown

Anonymous

I want to have the tab of shap of my heart.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it.tanx.

Anonymous

: I want to have the tab of shap of my heart text.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it. plz send to me and i need text of this music

Anonymous

: I want to have the tab of shap of my heart.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it.tanx. please

Anonymous

Send it to me too pleas 😉

Anonymous

does anyone have any clue where I can find some blueprints for a gibson sg. I plan to make one one day… I am not looking for something I have to pay for. The gibson sg has been around for decades, it’s been marketed every which way possible, it’s silly to pay for its blueprints.

Anonymous

Hi, I have bought a GT-5 the last year, and I’m sitll looking for sounds. I can’t get neither a good distortion and a clean sound. Would you mind giving me some advertisement? Which is the best configuration for the equilizator? I’m using a JCM 900 amp and a Gibson Les Paul guitar.

Anonymous

hey everyone I search a learn program where i could learn from basis playing on e-guitar… i would like to learn playing metal-heavy metal stuff on the begin… So Someone here know a good learn program for E-Guitar? thnx sry4mybadenglish ;o)) [email protected]

Anonymous

1906 Gibson style O

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1906 Gibson style O

Anonymous

Being a non native English speaker, I always wonder why guitar is sometimes called "axe". Is there any clear explanation?

Anonymous

syairi acoustic guitar - worth fixing?

This popular thread has been given its own page : syairi acoustic guitar – worth fixing?

Anonymous

have a hohner hg360r, made in japan,any idea year made?

Anonymous

I am looking for a nice fat warm clean tone. I play through a music man amp with a fender tele with a hotrail on the bridge, and It just is not the sound I want. I am trying to decide between possibly a Shecter or a SG special. They do sound a little different, but for the cost, I’m leaning towards the Shecter.

Anonymous

I just bought a shecter tempest custom off of a friend of mine, its bad ass and sounds great. Awesome guitars : I am looking for a nice fat warm clean tone. I play through a music man amp with a fender tele with a hotrail on the bridge, and It just is not the sound I want. I am trying to decide between possibly a Shecter or a SG special. They do sound a little different, but for the cost, I’m leaning towards the Shecter.

Anonymous

LOOKING TO BUY. CONTAT ME. [email protected]

Anonymous

I have to agree with everybody else here. I just got home from Guitar Center and not twenty minutes ago was playing all sorts of Shecters. The Diamond series (XXX, C1, etc) are PHENOMENAL. I couldn’t believe that guitars for $595 felt, looked and sounded like that. I’ve never liked Gibsons (too heavy, not enough give in the action) and just picked up a Shecter on a whim. The tone was GREAT, really crisp when clean and really thick when distorted. Responsive, playable… I feel like I’ve found the guitars that were MADE for me, and I’m sure you’ll feel the same way. These guitars are just way better than their price suggests. Forget the Gibsons, go to the store and plug in a Shecter and you’ll see what we’re all talking about!!

Anonymous

Sorry about that, it’s actually spelled "Schecter." I was so excited from playing that I forgot to look it up.

Anonymous

get the shecter i have a shecter c-1+ and a Gibson SG and i expeted the gibson to sound so much better but the shecter sounds a lot better and has alot more tone.

Anonymous

: Just got the BlackJack S1 and I love it … BIG Tone and just in general BIG Sound … It kicks ass!

Anonymous

: get the shecter i have a shecter c-1+ and a Gibson SG and i expeted the gibson to sound so much better but the shecter sounds a lot better and has alot more tone.

Anonymous

I just purchased the Shecter C1+ and i am completely amazed at it. Not only by the looks of it but by the complete balance of it. With it’s mohagany neck just like the LEZZIES (les Paul) it sounds wicked..Also it’s a lot lighter than the les paul’s. But the thing that caught me ear when i first plugged it in is the TONE Quality…it’s got a rich sound that is thick and controllable..the Two hummers keep the annoying notes out and last but not least…my favorite part..The balance of it..It is the most balaced guitar i have ever heard..This guitar makes SG’s Look like a pile of mud…SINGLE HUMBUCKERS BAH HUM BUG!!! BRING ON A MANS GUITAR…This guitar can play your precious EMO love songs..or it can kick into a variety of wicked gears…Not to mention the smell of butter as i play the lead..NO QUESTION..eveyone should try a SCHETER no matter what kind..but c1+ is straight out an awesome guitar PEACE GREY

Anonymous

hi im a spoilt little bastard. i jumped up and down until my dad said he’d get me a guitar. so what’sthe most expensive one i can get cuz i’m a greedy little bastard.

Anonymous

So, greedy little bastard, i’d like to have the same chance as you. 🙂 Buy hand-made guitar with golden hardware… Or I have read somewhere that there is Albert Collins Telecaster model supplied by Fender, which is very expensive. What do you say?

Anonymous

Does anybody know where can I find a fitness fingerboard like the one in http://www.guitarworld.com/gearreviews/new_equipment/2000/0012C_newequip.html ?? Thank you

Anonymous

i have a starcaster for sale with case all origional tell me

Anonymous

: i have a starcaster for sale with case all origional : tell me I want to buy it! What is your asking price? THANKS – Russ Spurgeon

Anonymous

I want your Stacaster, would you consider a trade?

Anonymous

how much do you want for the starcaster? can i see a photo? thanks matt

Anonymous

: i have a starcaster for sale with case all origional : tell me Could you please tell me for how much? thanx

Anonymous

What do you think about the new Epiphones? Quality? Worth it or should I just save my money and but a Gibson Les Paul? Please advise. Thanks!

Anonymous

I bought 2 over a 3 year period. On the first one, there was so much feedback, i couldn’t play it, and i couldn’t get the action as low (to fretboard), like i have on my strat. On the second one, it simply wouldn’t stay in tune. No more epiphones for me. I still have my one and only squire strat from 11 years ago, and nothing has come close, but i’m looking for a second axe.

Anonymous

: What do you think about the new Epiphones? Quality? Worth it or should I just save my money and but a Gibson Les Paul? Please advise. Thanks! go gibson it’ll be worth it in the long run

Anonymous

I have an epi LP signature, though I bought it new in 2001 it is a ’98, and it was very well made, but the regular epi LP I had wasn’t, I had to replace the tuners, and even after replacing the pickups couldn’t really get that sound I was looking for, so sold it and got a studio LP… and the sound I wanted, so I would say if you got the money at least get a used gibson LP… and play alot of em till you find the one you like. : What do you think about the new Epiphones? Quality? Worth it or should I just save my money and but a Gibson Les Paul? Please advise. Thanks!

Anonymous

:Thanks! : I have an epi LP signature, though I bought it new in 2001 it is a ’98, and it was very well made, but the regular epi LP I had wasn’t, I had to replace the tuners, and even after replacing the pickups couldn’t really get that sound I was looking for, so sold it and got a studio LP… and the sound I wanted, so I would say if you got the money at least get a used gibson LP… and play alot of em till you find the one you like. : : : What do you think about the new Epiphones? Quality? Worth it or should I just save my money and but a Gibson Les Paul? Please advise. Thanks!

Anonymous

The frets on my guitar only last for one year at the time. Do somebody know if there are different kind of hardness of these frets to choose from? I’m taking my guitar for maintenance once a year and this cost me a lot. Thank you!

Anonymous

just a thought- you could try getting jumbo frets

Anonymous

I want to know all the notes, frets, and cords. I want to know were you put your to play that note. Please help me ive always wanted to learn how to play guitar. Try to send me a diagram please that shows the frets and cords and any thing else i need to know. If you cant send me a diagram get anything you can send me.

Anonymous

There are alot of different fret wire gauges/materials to choose from, another factor is just how much you play, if you play "all the time" you might not have any choice, and once a year on an ax that is getting alot of time really isn’t that bad. : The frets on my guitar only last for one year at the time. : Do somebody know if there are different kind of : hardness of these frets to choose from? : I’m taking my guitar for maintenance once a year : and this cost me a lot. : Thank you!

Anonymous

see reggie’s post down this page. G

Anonymous

Does anyone out there knows what pedals or effects for sure does Wes Borland uses to play that bridge thing "Realise that worth more than that…"??? It looks some kind of wicked delay, it’s very cool though.

Anonymous

Can someone explain the construction of a half diminished chord please

Anonymous

Root, minor third, flat five and dominant seven. If you drop the seventh one halfstep, ypu end up with a fully diminished chord – hence the name half diminished. One good voicing for ie a c half dim (cm7b5) is C – Gb – Bb – Eb , on strings a,d,g and b respectively. This chord will typically function as a ii-chord in a minor key, most likely followed by Vb9. In this case F7b9, going to Bbm7. mmmmmkay?

Anonymous

A long time ago, some company made a gadget called and Ice Cube, and later a more complicated version fo the same gadget called a Super Cube. It was meant to hook up to the in/out RCA jacks of a Fender amp’s reverb loop, and provided a sustain effect. The Ice Cube literally cut off the reverb, since the tank was unhooked and the gadget was hooked up in place of it. The Super Cube had RCA in/out jacks that the leads to and from the tank could hook up to while the gadget was in place, and blend pot to allow you some reverb action while still getting the sustain out of the cube. Around 1991, I read an article hwerein some amp guru said the things was basically just a particular value resistor hooked up to the hot lead on RCA plugs, but I cannot remember what sort of resistor he said worked. Does anybody here know? Email me if you do, and thanx. Mike vande

Anonymous

hi I was hoping that you could help m eout. I’ just recently bought a cheep Les Paul copy out of a Pawn Shop ( with all plans to paint it up to look like Zakk Wylde’s!) THe name Brand on the headstock says magnum, but it doesn’t really look like its the original neck. in addition the only magnum guitar line I have found is an all metal guitar line ( obviously no connection to mine) If you have any idea of how I might be able to find out the origins of the magnum neck i would be happy to hear back from you. thanx

Anonymous

i guess just buy a new guitar! that would fix it yup yup yup~

Anonymous

Can anyone TAB "supply and demand" and "The Hives Are Law You Are Crime", by the hives.

Anonymous

at last, someone with a sense of humour. you are not crap !!!. love Bob

Anonymous

recently purchased the best unit ever!!! the v-amp 2!! does anyone know where i can get presets for Hank Marvin?? any help greatly appreciated!! Steve

Anonymous

Too bad, good idea, but can’t stand all the popups, would anyone actually buy something from crap ads like them ???

Anonymous

no,because their ads just plain suck

Anonymous

Anyone know how much these guitars are worth? Or where i can find info on them?! cheers.

Anonymous

Check out Harmony Central Guitar database, most guitars, amps etc are reviewed here and prices are given. G

Anonymous

Is there any one out there that knows where on the net i may find free download of good/decent quality mp3 or wav backing rhythm tracks.

Anonymous

hey anyone i need an eletric guitar that u r saleing please write back

Anonymous

:hey there i a m bhaskar i need to buy a guiter i mean eletric which must be very good and in cheeper rate to actually i am from india

Anonymous

Hay, i need the illustration of my mt-2 metalzone wiring or ( schematics ? :), please. thks, mboth

Anonymous

: Hay, i need the illustration of my mt-2 metalzone wiring or ( schematics ? :), please. : thks, : adam

Anonymous

Sorry for the delay. The song will be ready this week. I will not be posting it on a web page but I will send it out to those Beatlemaniacs who request it. Thanks again. Kevin

Anonymous

hey ppl i was just wondering if anyone out there knows any af the effects pedals korn uses to get their awesome sound??

Anonymous

: hey ppl i was just wondering if anyone out there knows any af the effects pedals korn uses to get their awesome sound?? And how munky got his dreads?

Anonymous

Munkey uses pedals made my digitech to get his awasome sound

Anonymous

: Munkey uses pedals made my digitech to get his awasome sound. He also uses Dunlop Crybaby – GCB 95 Dunlop Rotovibe Digitech XP – 100 expression pedal DOD Envelope Filter – FX25B Presciption Electronics Outbox Electro Harmonix Big Muff 2x Electro Harmonix Small Stones Ibanez Tube Screamer Boss Pitchshifter Delay – RV-3 Dunlop Univibe Boss Digital Reverb Relay – RV-3 Ibanez Chorus Pedal (purple 70’s) 2x A B Switches

Anonymous

here you have all the material used by korn :www.guitargeek.com (then see munky or head) see you!!

Anonymous

Ive come across a USA made Jackson with a bolt on neck. It’s in a bit of a mess but has a picture of an old haunted house scene on the top.In the spring cavity there is some sort of ink stamp with dates , name ?? On the rear of the body there is a a sort of curve near the back plate.Floyd Rose – appears pickups may be active as wires are all hanging out but there are batteries. Any ideas ?

Anonymous

If there is battery connection with jackson pick-ups it’s most likely the low impediance set up with mid-range boost, or they are EMGs active pick-ups.You’ll need a scamatic to wire it correctly. There should be seirial# on back were the neck bolt on and you can go to Jackson/CharvelGuitars web site to get info.

Anonymous

ive been searching for tabs by Billy Idol…if anyone has some new ones by him and not the same old tabs that every other site has…then can you send them to me…or at least email me what tabs you have by him…THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Anonymous

: ive been searching for tabs by Billy Idol…if anyone has some old tabs…then can you send them to me…or at least email me what tabs you have by him…THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Anonymous

Carvin TL60 guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Carvin TL60 guitar

Anonymous

I got this research paper on the difference between all natural bodied guitars and synthetic. I’ve benn doing some research on this. Most guitars I found were wood. I’m not that great at knowledge when it comes to guitars. Is there something I’m not getting? Anyway… if anyone has any information leading me in the right direction post it or e-mail it to me, please.

Anonymous

The only ‘synthetic’ guitars I have come across are some acrylic (see through) and metal ones I’ve seen on ebay once in awhile, and other than acoustic with plastic/fiberglass bowls the only other ‘synthetic’ guitar I can think of are the graphite ones that have come out in the past several years, and though the one I tried sounded decent I still prefer wood… so maybe check out companies producing graphite guitars as (I think) they are the only ones that currently can compare/compete with a quality wood guitar. : I got this research paper on the difference between all natural bodied guitars and synthetic. I’ve benn doing some research on this. Most guitars I found were wood. I’m not that great at knowledge when it comes to guitars. Is there something I’m not getting? Anyway… if anyone has any information leading me in the right direction post it or e-mail it to me, please.

Anonymous

Check out Catalyst. It is a ceramic guitar. http://www.catalystinstruments.com or nl. Use a seard engine and you will find them. Very, very nice guitars. I have a NXT model.

Anonymous

If there are any knowledgable persons who might know what a 1970 Teisco Vamper would be worth, please e-mail me. I bought it in Hong Kong in 1970-71.. and just got a Epiphone Casino. I’m thinking about selling this one. Thanks in Advance Roy

Anonymous

I have a beauty teisco vamper,it´s my sweet baby,if you have one Enjoy!!!!,is coooooollllll!!!!

Anonymous

Crucianelli guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crucianelli guitar

Anonymous

I was just curious how much a vintage 70’s Yamaha FG-300 would be valued at. Has red sticker inside, probably good condition. All original.

Anonymous

I saw one in a store for $125, but was only in fair condition… depends on condition. : I was just curious how much a vintage 70’s Yamaha FG-300 would be valued at. Has red sticker inside, probably good condition. All original.

Anonymous

Does anyone know of any after market gig bags for Steinberger basses? The one that comes with the bass is not tough enough for heavey travel. Jerry

Anonymous

Not off hand, but you might try checking out the Steinberger World web site and its linked sites. Failing that, a custom one can be made for it, but it will be more expensive than an off the shelf case (I recently priced one up for a custom bass, and they can run almost double the price of regular cases). Good luck!

Anonymous

Have you checked the Stenibergerworld web site? They also have a great Yahoo linked site that has a lot of info. for Steinberger owners. Good luck, Bill

Anonymous

1. Is this preamp good for metal? 2. Does it has stereo output? 3. Can you control it by midi controler? THNX

Anonymous

: 1. Is this preamp good for metal?yes : 2. Does it has stereo output?yes : 3. Can you control it by midi controler?no : THNX

Anonymous

I HAVE A PAIR OF 7 STRING(IBANEZ 7621 , ESP H-207) , WITH EMG 707 ACTIVE PICKUPS , AND A MESA BOOGIE DUAL RECTIFIER . I PLAY METAL STYLE MUSIC , AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER FOR ME. I LISTENED MANY THINGS ABOUT THE CELESTION V 30 , AND THE ELECTRO VOICE 12-L .THERE´S ALSO A NEW CELESTION THAT I DON´T KNOW VERY WELL (THE "CENTURY"). THANKS!!!!

Anonymous

I have the Triple Recto with the ESP H-207, one cab has Celestion 8ohm V30s and the other was custom made with Eminence 75W 8ohm Speakers. The V30s are crisp and tight with emphasis on the mid and treble. The Eminence speakers are creamier and provide softer clipping (most likely due to the large voice coil and the extended head room). I like them both for different sounds. My leads sound better with the Eminence speakers but, my rythems sound tighter with the Celestion V30s. Hope that this helps you out. Sincerely, Todd Cotton http://www.twentyforseven.net : I HAVE A PAIR OF 7 STRING(IBANEZ 7621 , ESP H-207) , WITH EMG 707 ACTIVE PICKUPS , AND A MESA BOOGIE DUAL RECTIFIER . I PLAY METAL STYLE MUSIC , AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER FOR ME. I LISTENED MANY THINGS ABOUT THE CELESTION V 30 , AND THE ELECTRO VOICE 12-L .THERE´S ALSO A NEW CELESTION THAT I DON´T KNOW VERY WELL (THE "CENTURY"). : THANKS!!!!

Anonymous

I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , TO BUY A PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM. THANKS!

Anonymous

Check out eBay : I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , TO BUY A PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM. : THANKS!

Anonymous

: : I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , THANKS!

Anonymous

I am shopping for a bass, but regrettably ignorant on the subject. What model should I be looking for?

Anonymous

depends on what you intend to play, and how much you are willing to shell out. Fender Precision and Jazz basses are venerable names, and if you’re scrimping, go for the japanese or mexican models. generally, active basses are more versatile, but lacks the warmth of passive models. check out models from Washburn and Ibanez. if you have money to spare, get a Warwick or a Factor. heve a good day. 🙂

Anonymous

what is a palm mute

Anonymous

It’s a tehnique. When you play the guitar mute the strings with your right hand palm on the bridge. But not too far from the bridge and not to close. You have to do it at the same time as you hit the strings. Palm mute is effective especially with distortion sound. You can play it on one, two or even three strings at the same time. It would be the best if someone show it to you.

Anonymous

Yamaha SG2000

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SG2000

Anonymous

I like your Guitar Site and also wanted to let everyone know about my music page. I like to sing and play folk songs and classic rock/pop songs on my guitar. I recently put together "My Music Page" at; http://www.angelfire.com/folk/guitar1 You’re invited to listen to my recordings. I use the Sound Recorder in my PC to record my music and then up-load the songs onto my music page. I’m currently working on Lazin’ on a Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks. It’ should be on my music site in May. I usually up-date my recordings with new songs every month so plan to stop by often. Enjoy my recordings and feel free to email me with your comments. Thanks in advance for listening… Have a Great Day!!! Frank Williamstown, New Jersey, USA

Anonymous

I got a Martin 0001R guitar that i would transform into a electroacoustique guitar. I’m looking on fishman stuff … Does anyone is experienced ?

Anonymous

The Gold Plus isn’t too bad, and the Rare Earth I like, I have a tech 21 DI on mine and love it, and it costs about the same as the Gold+. : I got a Martin 0001R guitar that i would transform into a electroacoustique guitar. I’m looking on fishman stuff … : Does anyone is experienced ?

Anonymous

Hey peeples. I have a black Yamaha SGX121S guitar, which is basically an Ibanez RG series. I am thinking of getting a pickguard. First of all, would it be wise? does anybody know of a company which I could get it made by? If anybody has some sketches or ideas for a really cool pickguard, please email them to [email protected] right away! thanx.

Anonymous

u r a faggot asking people fir ideas for you instument which should be a thing of personal expresion ps you guitar is shit!

Anonymous

Does anyone here know of a good UK site that sells Seymours (or in fact any spare pickups etc.)over the net, as I don’t want to have to order them from my local music shop (it’s rubbish) and I really want to get a set of Hot Rails for my Telecaster. Search engines are not helping, and I can find no spares sites anywhere. Surely there must be one somewhere! Any help greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Instruction Manual for a BOSS ME-5 Guitar Multiple Effects

This popular thread has been given its own page : Instruction Manual for a BOSS ME-5 Guitar Multiple Effects

Anonymous

The DLS delay and chorus pedals have true bypass and volume adjust for those who want to match the volume of the effect with the volume of the straight instrument. This is very important for users who don’t want a volume change when kicking in the effect in a song!

Anonymous

: The DLS delay and chorus pedals have true bypass and volume adjust for those who want to match the volume of the effect with the volume of the straight instrument. This is very important for users who don’t want a volume change when kicking in the effect in a song! http://www.dlseffects.com

Anonymous

I have an Ovation acustic Model 1112-4 ser# 066445. I am looking for any info, including value,year ect. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi folks, I’ve got an old Ampeg Jet with only 2 inputs and no outs. It’s a 65 and it has incredible tone and unbelievable tremolo. I want to run it into the "Power In Jack" on my L5 Lab Series Amp. Any suggestions on a way to do this w/o signal degradation and w/o frying anything. Brain.

Anonymous

Visit Crank Amplifiers and Email the owner about an alligator clip attachment for your Ampeg speaker. It pulls the signal from your output to a box with a knob for adjusting signal strength. He might make you one. They do what you want without ruining your amp. The guys a budding genius. Builds nice amps too.

Anonymous

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this message here but I’ve worked quite hard on a new beginner guitar tutorial site which can be found here http://www.reggieband.com/flash_guitar/ It’s free and done by me as a project for school. Please check it out and give me some feedback. regards, reggie

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to date a guitar by the number stamped on the inside? I am trying to find the value of my guitar.

Anonymous

I need help because I am buying fender twin rerverb. I would like to know witch speakers are the best and what are other things that I must be carefull on. Thanks guys.

Anonymous

Get the original speakers that come with it! You’ll keep the Twins natural,clean tone.In case you don’t already know,Twins are not desinged to "break up" like Marshalls.But they can still blow your windows out. Happy Hunting

Anonymous

I am looking for an original Stienberger bass arc legpost. Please contact me with any leads or ideas. Thanx! Zeke

Anonymous

im looking as well : I am looking for an original Stienberger bass arc legpost. Please contact me with any leads or ideas. : Thanx! : Zeke

Anonymous

I must have a lefty 7 string guitar. Any assistance on my quest will be greatly apriceated.( I know I spelled that wrong)

Anonymous

Haha, I’m also after one. There’s only two I’ve ever come across, the Schecter Omen 7 lefty, and the Ibanez RG 7420L, which I think might be an asia-pacific model only. Not to mention it’s a piece of crap, sent it back the next day after I got it, twisted neck, and the bridge pickup was stuffed. I’m trying to get ahold of the schecter now…

Anonymous

Hi there, I am looking for a Aria Pro II Cardinal Bass. Mail me at [email protected] if you have some infos and pics. Thanks very much Cheers, *Koesuma

Anonymous

I’M A 67YR. OLD RETIRED MUSICIAN (GUITARIST).FORMER BIG BAND PLAYER. I LIVE ON THE NORTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND N.Y. I’D LOVE TO GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER RETIRED MUSICIANS TO RELIVE,SOME OF THE GREAT TUNES WE USED TO PLAY. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED THANKS

Anonymous

First of all you could be the best band in the world but if you or your band mates are a bunch of pricks, you will have a harder time getting the gig. We have got many more gigs than other bands in our area, by not only being good but beeing very easy to deal with and be respectful of the people and the place where you are playing. If you are playing your own original music, then you should be very confident in your performance, because no one else will be familiar with your material and if a mistake happens, just keep jammin’ and no one will notice. Stage presence will get you more gigs than just playing good, if you are jumping around( tastefully) and putting on a good visual show, then your audience will be watching you and not hearing evry little mistake you make and this also releases nervous energy. Open up with a fast or heavy energetic song to release that nervous energy, if you start with a slow or medium tempo song and just stand there then you tend to become a little tense. Just remeber be confident with your abilities and put on a good visual show and remeber it’s only rock n roll so HAVE FUN DON’T SWEAT IT!

Anonymous

I need the guitar tablature to dead girl superstar by rob zombie if anyone has it please e mail it to me at [email protected]

Anonymous

when i play with my multi fx pedal it sucks because when i have distortion on there is a static sound what can i do to get rid of it.?

Anonymous

Steinberger replacement bass body

This popular thread has been given its own page : Steinberger replacement bass body

Anonymous

Takamine Electric

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine Electric

Anonymous

I need info on Takamine Electric Solid body neck. 2 humbuckers, Anybody know of them making a non accustic?

Anonymous

I have one as well that I picked up in a pawn shop about 4 years ago for $150.00. It has no serial numbers on it, but the word "Takamine" on the front is not a fake. It is under the clearcoat. Very strange that the web says nothing about it except here. I have wondered about it for years. Plays well though.

Anonymous

I have one too.. i cant find anything on it it’s like it doesnt exist

Anonymous

Missy, It’s likely a GX-200. They made them in the early ’80s. I’m getting ready to sell a black one on eBay. Very nice guitar for the money! Regards, Dan

Anonymous

Need some Led Zep and Chili Peppers.

Anonymous

thats funny thewicker….you where downloading all your tabs from me. not anymore BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Need some Led Zep and Chili Peppers.

Anonymous

I have set up a ftp with tabs. RATIOS included. The speeds aren`t too good for now. You can see the welcome message, please don`t abuse. I will update it soon, with new uploads and my stuff. If you have problems contact me at [email protected] The ftp will be up from monday to friday at 8 AM to 10 PM Central European Time. Sometimes it will be up during saturday and sunday too. Enjoy. Adress : 193.111.222.206 or http://ftp.guitartabs.com Username : GUITAR Passwords : TABS Port : 21 Feel free to e-mail me.

Anonymous

goto stam.webhop.net

Anonymous
        Anonymous

dude go to http://www.tablature2perfection.cjb.net thats my site 🙂

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I am the author of a forthcoming publication…"The Musicians Prayer Book". Each prayer relates to a different instrument, and to areas such as practising etc. All in all, a mix of music, spirituality and humour ! If you like I’ll E-mail you a free extract…a prayer called "The Audition". I think it would be applicable to your situation. Just E-mail [email protected] Oh !……and Good Luck !

Anonymous

Hi Does anyone use this talkbox? And if, how is your setup? I just bought one and want to use it with my Vox Ac30-amp. I have my amp and speaker separated. /Johan

Anonymous

Ibanez Silver series Jazzbass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Silver series Jazzbass

Anonymous

SO YOUR NERVOUS? GOOD. I have played live for more than ten years and I still get nervous. In the uk there are not a lot of places to play, so when you audition, ENJOY THE MOMENT. Have some laughs with your friends listen to the other bands there and find out what music is on the juke box,it’s a good clue to the music people like in the venue. If there isn’t one look at the bill board for past acts and you’ll soon see if you fit the requirements for the venue. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A BLAST. PSYCO.

Anonymous

ARIA U60T URCHIN SERIES

This popular thread has been given its own page : ARIA U60T URCHIN SERIES

Anonymous

I was curious about the types of guitars and the sounds they make. If anyone has any info, can you tell me?

Anonymous

mmmmm, Types: good/bad : Sounds: Good/bad, good sounds usually come from good guitars played by a good guitarists, but a good guitarist can make a bad guitar sound good and visa versa… actually your question is too vauge to answer without writing a book here, so search around music sites and check out differnt vendors/models to get an idea, and also check out vintige sites. : I was curious about the types of guitars and the sounds they make. If anyone has any info, can you tell me?

Anonymous

I’m in need of a Kahler flat tremolo. If there’s anyone who can help me find one or tell me what guitars these came standard on, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Anonymous

Olá. I have a guitar To cleave Stratocaster, I do not know the year of manufacture, plus it was bought in the year of 1992, in a store in Brazil, parents where I live. This instrument was bought new and is of Japanese manufacture. I number serial 1026616. The bridge is Kahler mark. The constraint of the ropes pro use excess this with one of the espanados screws and not meeting in Brazil this part. . It would like to know if vocês they can give an idea to me of where buying, if it is that possible to find this part. Necessary very to use this instrument.

Anonymous

Ebay somtimes has some of these items. Kahler tremelos are rare and expensive.

Anonymous

Hank Marvin Sound

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hank Marvin Sound

Anonymous

ADA MP1 or MP2

This popular thread has been given its own page : ADA MP1 or MP2

Anonymous

Hi, I’m on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

Anonymous

Hi, i am considering buying the MEGA DISTORTION pedal made by BOSS. Thing is though when i tested it the sound seemed good but i couldent get the distorted sound much louder than the clean sound?? i also hate the "hiss" made when the pedal is switched on, how can I elimenate the hiss, and also get my distoted soung much louder than my clean sound?

Anonymous

I use a Marshall Guv’nor GV2 with my Les Paul and JTM45 reissue. If your amp is valve, you shoulsd stay away from effects that will sap your tone and input levels. In my experience digital distortions, including Zoom units, do this. You want something with true bypass, which means that your guitar signal will be completely unaffected by the pedal when its off. The good thing about the Guv’nor is its sophisticated EQ contraols. It’s not super high gain, but it can get close. Cleans up real nice when you use your guitar’s volume. I also use a Visual Sound Route 66 combined OD/Compressor. Great for sparkly clean, compressed OD, and Stonesy riffs. THe Marshall Bluesbreaker is a dual mode pedal with quite a nice, though one-trick, distortion sound and a boost option designed to overdrive preamp valves.

Anonymous

Well, i’ve never tryed a marshall guv’nor gv2 (though i’ve heard some good things about it), but i must say that zoom digital distortions to their job quite well. I’ve played with ibanez and boss dist. pedals and they won’t get u as far as the zoom (505II) does… Besides, it includes a 4 band eq and can truly bypass. The tone is great on my ibanez rg550 (and i use a marshall valve amp). The marshall guv’nor gv2 probably sounds much more better then the zoom does, but the 505II is still a good choice.

Anonymous

DO NOT GET A METAL ZONE PEDAL ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT

Anonymous

I suggest the zoom 505 II, cause it’s a very versatile pedal. This multi effect unit has 12 TYPES OF DISTORTION, and also has many other effects such as chorus, slow attack, delays and echo, compressor, contour, reverbs, auto wah, flanger, etc, etc, etc, at a very nice price.

Anonymous

The Ibanez SMASH BOX!It does ONE THING,WELL…scooped midrange distortion.This is today’s sound.I owned the MT-2(Metal Zone)and the parametric e.q. drove me nuts! I’d have to re-tweak it when I changed amps or rooms. The Smash Box is cheap,easy to use and nasty. Good Luck

Anonymous

: Hi, I’m on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx DUDE, I use a Re-issued Ibanez TS-9. Nice sound, good price. Well built. It’s groovy

Anonymous

: Hi, I’m on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can’t get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT’S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

Anonymous

If you can find an original Boss HMII from the eighties that was a killer pedal. The rest of the Boss HM series are just awful. I’m using a Mesa V Twin right now and in some ways it’s an effects rack all by itself plus you can use it as a DI box for going directly into a mixing board or into a recording divice. The only problem is that it runs about $300. I’m borrowing it right now but I know I can’t pop for a $300 stomp box so that’s why I’m looking at getting the Marshall Guvnor 2. I’ve heard good things about the Zakk Wylde MXR pedal. It’s a little more expensive than the Marshall but it’s a lot more compact. Personally I’m a little be leary of the q c from Dunlop becuase their Crybaby pedals usually die a quick death. : : Hi, I’m on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx : I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can’t get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT’S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

Anonymous

Man, if you can find it the original Boss HMII is a great pedal. Try to find one that was made during the late eighties because they have changed it since then. The original sounds much more organic and will give you more gain that you will know what to do with but at the same time it’s easy to set up and you can get a variety of usable tones. Over and out : : Hi, I’m on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx : I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can’t get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT’S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

Anonymous

Hi,i personally suggest the BOSS metal zone pedal. its the most versatile distortion pedal i have used, from slight blues to screaming metal, the pedal can do it all. It would really go with your gear cause its that versatile.

Anonymous

My Kawai bass F 2 B 110 KS (SHB active pickups) is not working and i’m looking for the electronic (wiring) diagram. Have you got one or do you know any web where I can find it. Thanks. My e-mail: [email protected]

Anonymous

I’m doin a paper on how you can make a guitar sound better,like different strings, different styles of guitars. if anyone has any suggestions email me

Anonymous

The input for my audio cable that’s supposed to connect to the amp has started to break, the sound is randomly crackling out and the last time I took it to a shop it cost me and it took a really long time. There has to be an easier way. Does anybody kno how to fix one of these broken inputs?

Anonymous

: The input for my audio cable that’s supposed to connect to the amp has started to break, the sound is randomly crackling out and the last time I took it to a shop it cost me and it took a really long time. There has to be an easier way. Does anybody kno how to fix one of these broken inputs? Gee Informer, You must be pretty rough on your equipment, ha-ha. If you have a soldering iron and a new 1/4 inch jack you can fix it yourself. Both can be found at your local Radio Shack. Soldering is not hard

Anonymous

I have a Parker P-38. When I bought the guitar 3 weeks ago the set up was horrible, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tech advise?

Anonymous

better bring it to a tech…….. or where u bought it man.. they’ll know what to do

Anonymous

hi, i was wondering if anybody knows what my ’63 gibson eb3 bass is worth, i am looking to sell it, but only have a rough idea of it’s value, the condition can be described as well used, the sound is beautiful, a deep fuzz bass, i don’t really want to sell, but i have just mved house and the money would be handy…….thanks

Anonymous

do you still have the EB-3 for sale I want it thanks george

Anonymous

hey wuts up? i would like to have an eb3. how much are you looking to sell if for? what color is it? i would like to talk to you about it some more. -cameron

Anonymous

This is not that guy, bit I have a ’70 EB3 in excellent condition that I can let go for $1200. It is a dark natural finish with two single coil p/u’s and no pickguard (meaning originally, not missing one.) Also incl. a hard case. It plays and sounds great, I am just interested in picking up a fretless. Drop me a line. Mike

Anonymous

:My boyfreind is looking for I think a ’74 Gibson eb3 bass if anyone in illinois is looking to sell one we would be interested! thanks Jen

Anonymous

I have a ’67/’68 for sale, I live in Ky. I’ve owned it for many years and don’t use it. Someone needs this guitar, it needs to be played.

Anonymous

: I have a ’67/’68 for sale, I live in Ky. : I’ve owned it for many years and don’t use : it. Someone needs this guitar, it needs to be : played. Hi, i’m looking to buy an eB3 bass i just have a couple questions though. How many frets does it have? Are the pick ups humbuckers? And does it have a pick up selector? PS:could you send me a picture and give me a price you would be looking to sell it for Thanks

Anonymous

i would be interested to know the condition, color and price if you are serious about selling. let me know and we can work something out.

Anonymous

Trust in god – take loads of drugs to become hyper. Turn every dial up to max and go nuts. Set fire to your guitar and one of the other band members (bassists usually burn best) and throw axe directly at the person running the audition. Remember attitude is all that matters not musical ability.

Anonymous

Tori amos's smells like teen spirit cover

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tori amos’s smells like teen spirit cover

Anonymous

Classical Guitar Tablature?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Classical Guitar Tablature?

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to set the boss me6 back to the factory settings

Anonymous

If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on.

Anonymous

: If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on. Does any one know a site where I can download the ME-6 Instruction Manual? I went to bossus.com, but to no avail. Thanks!

Anonymous

I have a one year old Fender Acoustic DG-11 with the factory strings. Hardly played. Fender pick guard overwrap still on guitar.Comes with Terrapin Hard Case. Asking $200.. Or Best Offer.. Send offers.

Anonymous

What color and condition are is the guitar in?

Anonymous

When i tablature it says /7, what does it mean. I knowe it’s a slipe, and I guess it’s to the 7th fret, but where from?

Anonymous

You are right about what it means and where you slide ‘from’ is up to you, if a note is already fretted on the string you ususlly just slide from there, if not then usually you just start from where your hand currently is (most convient way), or you might have to move up/down the neck and expermint till you get the ‘right’ sound… so I guess I typed all this just to say there is no ‘rule’ as to where you start from, and there are ‘up’ slides too. When i tablature it says /7, what does it mean. I knowe it’s a slipe, and I guess it’s to the 7th fret, but where from?

Anonymous

roland gk-2a internal mount guitar synth pickup kit for the Gr33, Gr30, VG88 and all GR family. It comes with all easy install instructions and diagrams. Excellent tracking. Email for picture. $150.00

Anonymous

: roland gk-2a internal mount guitar synth pickup kit for the Gr33, Gr30, VG88 and all GR family. It comes with all easy install instructions and diagrams. Excellent tracking. Email for picture. $150.00

Anonymous

Is this kit still available, & if so, can you send me information regarding its installation? …cost? …shipping particulars? Also, do you have any pics of the kit? Thanks, df

Anonymous

Still have this? DW

Anonymous

i want information about gk2a internal kit. It’s new or used? I’m italian..how much i pay for ship and tax?

Anonymous

I have had a guitar since 1965. It was second hand and well used. I have been told it is an original Gibson Les paul. can anyone give me any information on getting it authenticated. I do not play and am interested in selling it.

Anonymous

A picture would be a great help. If you have a digital cam email me one. Actually Les Pauls are rather easy to verify because pretty good records were kept on the solid body gibsons from that period. If you’ve had it since the 60’s it could be a very valuable item. Several Les Paul models were made. Collector values vary depending on originality, model, condition, etc…etc… Just because your guitar is well played does not necessarily mean you have to give it away. Be careful with vintage dealers who offer you $$$ for your guitar. Remember these guys are in business. The serial # should be located on the back of the headstock. email me if you have any questions

Anonymous

have 60 watt marshall triple lead all tube head/w marshall cab w/ green back speakers.need suggestions for live miking set up to harness that great sound and send it through PA.what mic should I use .(Note:I play my amp fairly loud during live shows.Do I need a different type of mike for high volume miking?

Anonymous

I’m thinking of getting a Les Paul 100 but I’m not too sure how well it work, therefore I need advices from you guys.

Anonymous

looking to rebuild classic ’60’s style guitar,has dual pickups,base,treble controls,as well as two volume controls and individual on/off controls for pickups….would like help with bridge as right now it is in little bags waiting to be rebuilt.Also anyone with knowledge of bridge ajdustment specs or reinforced adjustable neck specs as needed to make this a working guitar again.Would really like to rebuild this to original though inexpensive classic 60’s style. Thanks in advance ,this guitar was puchased in Japan in late 60’s and does have sentimental value.

Anonymous

Hey, i need a neck for a epiphone rivoli bass. if anyone has any ideas or info about where to get one, PLEASE let me know. my email is [email protected]. thank you so much!

Anonymous

hi, anyone got a Takamine for sale?

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to use the serial number stamped on the inside of the guitar to date it and get its value?

Anonymous

i bought a japanese fender strat in 1988 that was supposed to be a 1962 reissue with serial number e929099 three color sunburst. the guitar has a maple neck with a MAPLE FINGERBOARD and 62 strats came with rosewood fingerboards any info i could get would be great thanks alot scott

Anonymous

Sounds like A)The neck is not original, and maybe a ’50s reissue neck (or ’67 or ’68 R.I. possibly) or B)possibly this kind of neck was a custom order/special option or C)this guitar is not a ’62 r.i. at all, maybe a ’67 or ’68 reissue…Does the guitar have the smaller headstock with the "spaghetti FENDER logo", or does it have the larger headstock with the black or gold FENDER logo on it? Feel free to e-mail if you like…I’ve owned three Japan ’62’s and they’ve never had maple boards, only rosewood.

Anonymous

Japanese ’62 Strat reissue What type wood used for body Did they fit USA pickups Thanks Joe

Anonymous

: Sounds like A)The neck is not original, and maybe a ’50s reissue neck (or ’67 or ’68 R.I. possibly) or B)possibly this kind of neck was a custom order/special option or C)this guitar is not a ’62 r.i. at all, maybe a ’67 or ’68 reissue…Does the guitar have the smaller headstock with the "spaghetti FENDER logo", or does it have the larger headstock with the black or gold FENDER logo on it? Feel free to e-mail if you like…I’ve owned three Japan ’62’s and they’ve never had maple boards, only rosewood. What wood used for body Did they fit USA pickup Thanks Joe

Anonymous

1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst

Anonymous

Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V

Anonymous

how can i clean my les paul

This popular thread has been given its own page : how can i clean my les paul

Anonymous

i recently bought a gibson sg custom serial #052817. i was told it was a ’74, but when i try dating it ont the web, i’ve found that serial #’s starting with 0 are supposed to all be ’67s.. i don’t think mine is a ’67 as it has the round, clear black plastic knobs. it has a dark brown mahogany finish, with yellowing pearl binding. 3 gold plated humbuckers. gibson tremolo. and a plastic hardshell case, with plastic latches, that i was told was original. which is another reason i don’t think it’s a ’67. can anyone help me with any info on this guitar? please email me. thanks, and cheers…… james

Anonymous

: i recently bought a gibson sg custom serial #052817. i was told it was a ’74, but when i try dating it ont the web, i’ve found that serial #’s starting with 0 are supposed to all be ’67s.. i don’t think mine is a ’67 as it has the round, clear black plastic knobs. it has a dark brown mahogany finish, with yellowing pearl binding. 3 gold plated humbuckers. gibson tremolo. and a plastic hardshell case, with plastic latches, that i was told was original. which is another reason i don’t think it’s a ’67. can anyone help me with any info on this guitar? please email me. : thanks, and cheers…… It is probably a 67 Reissue they have often used an original type Serial # on them.

Anonymous

need partiture of sound of silence by simon and garfunkel, thank you

Anonymous

I need a drum partiture. if you have, please send any drum partiture of Black Sabbath ( specially Heaven and Hell or Die Young )and The Doors ( speacially Light My Fire and The End ). Thank´s a Lot Mikhail

Anonymous

Hi! I wonder if you can find and send to me the partitures of the "Blackbird" song of the Beatles. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi! I´m a big Beatles fan and I´m getting married in a couple of days. I´d love to play When I´m 64 during the ceremony, but I can´t find the partitures. Could you help me? Thanks.

Anonymous

: need partiture from nirvana thank you

Anonymous

: : need partiture from nirvana thank you (drums).

Anonymous

Mann Guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mann Guitars?

Anonymous

I just bought a used Ibanez RG-US 30. I would like to know if there have been any problems w/the tension free neck.It plays great but the string tension is tighter, like when I bend notes.

Anonymous

rhapsoby guitars????

This popular thread has been given its own page : rhapsoby guitars????

Anonymous

I wanna buy a marshall jcm 800 2203 or 2204. They have great tone, but only one channel. so can i stick an A/B box on it, ya know one line in high gain and one in low? I’m pretty sure thats what metallica did on the ride the lightning album? is that possible?

Anonymous

I’ve got a 2204; the best option I’ve found (since I hate the sound an overdrive or distortion pedal produces, totally spoiling the Marshall tone) is to stick any distortion pedal in front of the amp thru the "high" input and just use it as a volume control with absolutely no distortion. I suppose you can accomplish the same thing with a volume pedal. Even better if your pedal has EQ settings, which gives more options as far as tweaking your tone. Basically you end up hitting the preamp tubes harder, getting rid of a need for a mod or the fake distortion of a pedal. Works for me, though I play punk and maybe that’s not your bag. : I wanna buy a marshall jcm 800 2203 or 2204. They have great tone, but only one channel. so can i stick an A/B box on it, ya know one line in high gain and one in low? I’m pretty sure thats what metallica did on the ride the lightning album? is that possible?

Anonymous

gibson sonex

This popular thread has been given its own page : gibson sonex

Anonymous

I’m trying to get my new configuration for my gear since i’ve bought my new H&K tube 100 head. I would be very happy if i could use the amp’s FX loop (I can bypass and mix it completely from the amp)connecting my zoom gfx-8 in it but putting together the 2 preamps noises and feedbacks cover everything. Is there a way I cannot see? Please help me… If I had a gfx-4,could i solve this problem using the active-passive switch? The connection I’m trying to obtain is: _guitar _tube amp input _fx loop send _gfx input _gfx mono out _fx loop return. it’s simple.no other stuff for the moment.but also the head’s manual says that effect processors featuring integrated preamps do not allow direct access to the fx loop,since the signal actually runs through 2 preamps. IS THIS WRONG?HAS THE GFX-8 AN INTEGRATED PREAMP?IS THIS THE PROBLEM?CAN THE GFX-4 SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ACTIVE-NORMAL SWITCH? Please answer me cause i’m going crazy… thanks a lot…

Anonymous

Hello im from sweden and i have got an fender cybertwin, my question is if anybody of u outthere know any http://www.page that gives examples of how to set the sounds on the different amplifiers and fx on the cybertwin. To, for example, sound like Jimi Hendrix in voodo chile etc. U have to x-cuse my bad english:) Every answer will be happily consider. Maybe its another cyberowner outthere that can give me tips.

Anonymous

Hello sweden. Check out patchwizard.com for all the settings you will ever need to sound like your heros. I just got my cybertwin head it is very neat. There is one tiny problem however what if you dont wont to sound like your favorite guitarist. I will keep you posted on how I get through this dilemma of forging my own identity with this new piece of gear. I do remain hopeful. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Hi, i am also searching sounds for the cybertwin. Can you give me any informations? : Hello im from sweden and i have got an fender cybertwin, my question is if anybody of u outthere know any http://www.page that gives examples of how to set the sounds on the different amplifiers and fx on the cybertwin. To, for example, sound like Jimi Hendrix in voodo chile etc. U have to x-cuse my bad english:) Every answer will be happily consider. Maybe its another cyberowner outthere that can give me tips.

Anonymous

tab to Brandon Lee's solo?

This popular thread has been given its own page : tab to Brandon Lee’s solo?

Anonymous

tab to Brandon Lee's solo?

This popular thread has been given its own page : tab to Brandon Lee’s solo?

Anonymous

hate from Bob

Anonymous

Bob. Are you the guy who spells his name backwards?

Anonymous

And you are putting me to sleep… why aren’t you trolling at the larger sites ??? not good enough yet to get noticed on them and compete with the big boys ??? ohhh well, troll away here little boy. : hate from Bob

Anonymous

PLEASE WHAT IS IT? ONLINE HELP SOMEWHERE?!!!!

Anonymous

: PLEASE WHAT IS IT? ONLINE HELP SOMEWHERE?!!!! VIBRATO, To cause a note to oscilate using a slight forward and backward movement of the hand (thats th geek speek) IT’S JUST FAST STRING BENDING MAN REPEATING THE PROCESS ON A SINGLE NOTE. WATCH VIOLINIST PLAYING THE ALL USE THIS VIBRATO THING THEN COPY THEM.PSYCO.

Anonymous

its when you shake a string with your fretted finger. DUH! you can do it with your wrist( twisting the wrist while keeping fret fingers on string) or fingers (movin’ fingers back n’ forth)

Anonymous

you dont have to bend the string very much- the wider the bend the slower the vib, and vice versa. its often used to give a warm soft feeling to notes. You can also use the vib bar ( attatched to the vib unit where the strings are held down) which i find gives a similiar effect but its harder to control…………G

Anonymous

bought new phil pro 6 string electric and cant figure out how to change strings any info would be appreciated

Anonymous

If you happen to have the MSW 206 you can chage them on the back of the body instead of unscrewing anything at all

Anonymous

you stupid dumbass you change the strings at the lowest part of the bridge; not behind the guitar

Anonymous

: bought new phil pro 6 string electric and cant figure out how to change strings any info would be appreciated Just with an allen key, untwist the correspondent screw in the floydrose and that’s it

Anonymous

I need to Know how to make a really simple sourt of home made single coil pick up…..if anyone knows please e-mail me……. thanks..

Anonymous

guitar player has a book Guitar Electronics you can get from Mix Magazine in Berkeley Ca. I would get one from store $20 for adv to $70 for killer humbucker. You’ll have trouble getting the wrap correct doing it yourself.

Anonymous

modes

This popular thread has been given its own page : modes

Anonymous

Does anyone out there have a schematic diagram for a Vegas they can e-mail me a copy of . Cheers Dave.

Anonymous

Washburn F11 strings......

This popular thread has been given its own page : Washburn F11 strings……

Anonymous

hey. I can restring and tune a floyd rose bridge just fine… but I noticed that there is only one possible key that the guitar can be in tune in, depending on the string gague. The strings that came with the guitar could tune to a perfect E, then the next set of strings I got were stuck in D-G-C-F-A-D tuning, which was fine, because at least it was a note. My newest set of strings, however, lies somewhere between D and Db. This means I can’t play along with anyone else without them tuning their instruments a quarter step down. So my question is, is there any way to find out what’s the proper string gague to use for my bridge? Or, even better, is there any way to get all the strings raised the quarter step? Because as it is now, the guitar will not be in tune unless the bottom string is between D and Db. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Anonymous

my 1st string sound like an sitar… can anybody help me?

Anonymous

Try this link: http://guitarchasers.org/tech/restring.html I don’t know if it will help, but take a look at it anyway… By the way, i got my guitar (also with a floyd rose bridge) tuned to a "D-A-D-G-B-E" with regular E tune strings and it never gave me any probs.

Anonymous

I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET THE ALLEN WRENCH BOLTS FOR MY IBANEZ FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE, THE ONES THAT HOLD THE STRINGS. THE ONES I HAVE ON MY GUITAR ARE STRIPPED OUT AND I NEED NEW BOLTS. NOBODY IN MY AREA MUSIC STORES KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET THESES BOLTS, AND WITHOUT THEM MY 1,000.00 GYITAR IS USELESS. PLEASE HELP, THANKS. PAT

Anonymous

Ummmmm…. Take an allen wrench and steal them from a guitar shop make sure its a very busy one then ur not watched as much

Anonymous

does anyone know anything good or bad about this ibanez guitar?

Anonymous

I am getting an avt150h. What cabinet do you think sounds best with this head? Also, how do u find the perfect punk rock powerchord and lead guitar sound on this amp? Jeff

Anonymous

Antoria guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Antoria guitars

Anonymous

I am a guitarist living in Nashville, TN. I am looking for a dynamic, energetic front man. Someone that I can co-write with and is interested in getting a record deal. I know that may sound silly but I am just wanting what so many of us are looking for – the chance to do what I love to do and make a good living. I am 27 and am looking for someone that is around my age. I say that because typically younger people are just not mature enough to be focused. No offense – just most are into partying and can’t maintain a professional mindset. I have awesome studio/live gear and have a Pro Tools studio in my home. I would also be up to join an existing established band.

Anonymous

What kind of music? I’m 32 and can sing well. Woman seem to melt at my feet when I sing. I think we may be able to do something serious together. I don’t play instruments, just sing. Prefer country, but can do anything. Good with Garth songs. I’m in Chicago.

Anonymous

Hi! Does anybody know where I can get a HMAER SCARAB new stock???????????????? Greetings, Sascha

Anonymous

hello i have a acoustic guitar with no name just a model number. i’m trying to find out, what it might be and if it is worth. the guitar it self is in decent condition if it help’s this is the model # model # : 319.1270000 please e-mail me if your site get’s this thank you sincerely MR. BURNETT

Anonymous

: hello : i have a acoustic guitar with no name just : a model number. i’m trying to find out, : what it might be and if it is worth. : the guitar it self is in decent condition : if it help’s this is the model # : model # : 319.1270000 : please e-mail me if your site get’s this : thank you : sincerely : : MR. BURNETT I woul recomend visiting the martin guitar site.They may have the answer you seek.It sounds to me like you may have an early honer or yamaha model. However tthe likelyhood is that the instrument was broken and repaired using a replacement kneck in which case it only has value to you. IF IT SOUNDS GOOD,ENJOY IT. PSYCO.

Anonymous

does anyone know anything about the tcy10 talman, the jx70 or the aeg 10? thanks a lot… i’ve only been playin a year and all of it has been on electric, so i don’t really know what’s the best for acoustic/electric…

Anonymous

I have a TCY10BK and really like it. The action on the neck is very low without buzzing and the neck is very thin and easy to play. It doesn’t have the volume as a full size acoustic but the tone it produces is good. I was very impressed with this $200.00 guitar. : does anyone know anything about the tcy10 talman, the jx70 or the aeg 10? : thanks a lot… i’ve only been playin a year and all of it has been on electric, so i don’t really know what’s the best for acoustic/electric…

Anonymous

i need information on a red jx70 acoustic electric. i cant find it anyplace but muscians friend but they say that they will not be selling them anymore. And the color they show is blue sunburst but the picture shows it red and there is no other options.

Anonymous

Anyone know where I might be able to locate a low profile classical guitar bridge and saddle? I have an old Gibson I bought over 25 years ago and the bridge got knocked loose during a move and was lost. It’s 7" wide and has no pins. The ones available at Stewart MacDonald and every where else I have looked are too high and cannot be modified to fit. This neck angle requires a very low profile bridge. I think I may have to end up making one but would much rather purchase one. Thanks for any info, Jeff

Anonymous

I’m currently looking for a semi-hollow body acoustic/electric guitar, for roughly about 300-400 dollars. If anyone could give me suggestions on a good guitar for that range, that would be great!

Anonymous

i need advice on a half stack for my band

This popular thread has been given its own page : i need advice on a half stack for my band

Anonymous

I’m interested in experimenting with "high-string" or "Nashville" tuning on my Guild D-40. Anyone have suggestions/recommendations for string brands and gauges? I normally play with a medium gauge string.

Anonymous

Dude, I’d start by looking at light gauge strings. Given the tension were looking at, that would be safer for your guitar. If you look at a set of lights or even extra lights, and get the gauges from there, many shops also stock individual strings, you can probably just buy the strings themselves. Otherwise buy two sets of lights or extra lights and just use the smallest strings. You may also want to consider just using a 12 string.

Anonymous

Sorry about the duplicate of the previous post. D’addario actually sells a set of nashville tuning strings. They’re essentially the octave strings from an electric 12-string set.

Anonymous

A few years ago I took in my Epiphone 12 string acoustic for some adjustments and was told that it had been damaged (I believe one of the braces required repair) because I had been tuning it same as a standard 6 string (EADGBE). The luthier advised me that most 12 strings should be tuned one whole step down (DGCFAD) due to the tremendous pressure on the neck and body. Is this true? I’ve taken his advice and have used a capo on the 2nd fret to adjust for playing with other guitars.

Anonymous

When installing new strings on a 12-string, is the thinner gage installed on the bottom or top?

Anonymous

Ernest, I’ve had 4 twelve strings over the past 25 years and have never ever tuned them up to pitch. I think you were given sound advice.

Anonymous

I own a Guild D25-12 which I keep tuned down one whole step. Guild says their 12-strings can be tuned to normal concert pitch using light gauge strings, but I’m not willing to take any chances. The lower pitch also suits my voice; I’m 55-year-old bass-baritone and can’t hit the same high notes I used to be able to reach 30 years ago!

Anonymous

I’m trying to research the guitar manufacturing industry (how big is it, who are the major manufacturers, what are the recent trends in the industry….)

Anonymous

try http://www.namm.com : I’m trying to research the guitar manufacturing industry (how big is it, who are the major manufacturers, what are the recent trends in the industry….)

Anonymous

4/9/02 I have a Ibanez GB-10 Natural finish, I purchased it in 1985 I’m looking for gold plated machine heads from that era, the new ones are different. If anyone out there has any parts are accessories for this guitar please email me at [email protected] or call me at 314 486-2567 Thanks Dave

Anonymous

I HAVE A BALDWIN ELECTRIC GUITAR. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

Anonymous

: I HAVE A BALDWIN ELECTRIC GUITAR. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT. I heard Lenny Breau play a Baldwin guitar. Sounded great. I don’t think they are made any more. Best to hang onto it!! Check Lenny out….he is dead now, but his albums are around.

Anonymous

The Baldwin label was used on Burns guitars that were built in England between 1965 and 1970. Apparently, Baldwin Piano had purchased the Burns line. While these are solid players, this guitar was not a great seeler in the US. You can tell the general production period by a couple of tell-tale items on the guitar. One of these is "since the name usually was on the pickguard this meant cutting out the Burns name and gluing a piece of pickguard material engraved with the Baldwin name over it. Once the existing Burns part were used up, the Baldwin logo was incorporated into the parts, as normal." Another dating technique is in the shape of the headstock; The 65 Burns line initially continued intact as the Baldwin line. Depending on the model, headstocks on most of these early Baldwin guitars were in-line, on-a-side or the trademark large scroll. All Burns/Baldwin guitars had bolt on necks (except the later classical) Necks were adjustable, with access underneath the neckplate into a ”gearbox”. Fingerboard were typically unbound rosewood with pearl dot inlays. In 1966 Baldwin took further steps to reduce costs as it hoped to boost sales. From this point on, all Baldwin guitars had the same necks rather than different headstocks based on a model. Secondly, the new necks featured a flatter version of the scroll headstock. This was easier to manufacture than the previous design, which had a real carved scroll. Finally fingerboards were bound and the triple-dot octave had three dots of the same size. In addition, in 1966 several model underwent minor changes while the Vibraslim got a major makeover. Source: http://www.burnsguitarmuseum.com/baldwin.html

Anonymous

Are these worth anything? : The Baldwin label was used on Burns guitars that were built in England between 1965 and 1970. Apparently, Baldwin Piano had purchased the Burns line. While these are solid players, this guitar was not a great seeler in the US. You can tell the general production period by a couple of tell-tale items on the guitar. One of these is "since the name usually was on the pickguard this meant cutting out the Burns name and gluing a piece of pickguard material engraved with the Baldwin name over it. Once the existing Burns part were used up, the Baldwin logo was incorporated into the parts, as normal." : Another dating technique is in the shape of the headstock; The 65 Burns line initially continued intact as the Baldwin line. Depending on the model, headstocks on most of these early Baldwin guitars were in-line, on-a-side or the trademark large scroll. All Burns/Baldwin guitars had bolt on necks (except the later classical) Necks were adjustable, with access underneath the neckplate into a ”gearbox”. Fingerboard were typically unbound rosewood with pearl dot inlays. : In 1966 Baldwin took further steps to reduce costs as it hoped to boost sales. From this point on, all Baldwin guitars had the same necks rather than different headstocks based on a model. Secondly, the new necks featured a flatter version of the scroll headstock. This was easier to manufacture than the previous design, which had a real carved scroll. Finally fingerboards were bound and the triple-dot octave had three dots of the same size. : In addition, in 1966 several model underwent minor changes while the Vibraslim got a major makeover. : Source: http://www.burnsguitarmuseum.com/baldwin.html

Anonymous

If you have any questions about Baldwin guitars, please direct your questions to me. I have an extensive collection of baldwin guitars, amps, and combo organs including 2 of the most prized amps…The Baldwin Exterminator! You can reach me at [email protected]. Connie just took some info out of the burns museum pages, of which i helped put together. Are these worth anything? : : : The Baldwin label was used on Burns guitars that were built in England between 1965 and 1970. Apparently, Baldwin Piano had purchased the Burns line. While these are solid players, this guitar was not a great seeler in the US. You can tell the general production period by a couple of tell-tale items on the guitar. One of these is "since the name usually was on the pickguard this meant cutting out the Burns name and gluing a piece of pickguard material engraved with the Baldwin name over it. Once the existing Burns part were used up, the Baldwin logo was incorporated into the parts, as normal." : : Another dating technique is in the shape of the headstock; The 65 Burns line initially continued intact as the Baldwin line. Depending on the model, headstocks on most of these early Baldwin guitars were in-line, on-a-side or the trademark large scroll. All Burns/Baldwin guitars had bolt on necks (except the later classical) Necks were adjustable, with access underneath the neckplate into a ”gearbox”. Fingerboard were typically unbound rosewood with pearl dot inlays. : : In 1966 Baldwin took further steps to reduce costs as it hoped to boost sales. From this point on, all Baldwin guitars had the same necks rather than different headstocks based on a model. Secondly, the new necks featured a flatter version of the scroll headstock. This was easier to manufacture than the previous design, which had a real carved scroll. Finally fingerboards were bound and the triple-dot octave had three dots of the same size. : : In addition, in 1966 several model underwent minor changes while the Vibraslim got a major makeover. : : Source: http://www.burnsguitarmuseum.com/baldwin.html

Anonymous

ive got a baldwin exterminator. i havent been able to find anything about them and i have no clue how much its worth. i got it for free out of an old theatre, which was being remodeled. it works, but before i got it, somebody stole the speakers. also, it has shows some signs of use (tears in the fabric etc..). i have 3 questions. how much is it worth? can the speakers be replaced? and how good do they sound? any information would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks. -eric you can email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

You don’t say which model it is and there were many. Please e-mail me to discuss it further, looking forward to your reply. Andy

Anonymous

zZounds.com offers the widest selection of name-brand insruments at guaranteed lowest prices. You can purchase over 125,000 different products from their website 24 hours a day. zZounds.com offers the lowest price on synthesizers from nearly every brand: Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Alesis, Nord, Waldorf, and many others. You can purchase over 125,000 different products from their website 24 hours a day. http://www.zzounds.com/index.music?f=5356

Anonymous

Amp Settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : Amp Settings

Anonymous

Hi there, Is there anyone who could help us in finding good websites that offer free notes for classical guitars? Thanks and best, Tuan

Anonymous

http://www.eythorsson.com has lots, Jim in Canada : Hi there, : Is there anyone who could help us in finding good websites that offer free notes for classical guitars? : Thanks and best, : Tuan

Anonymous

Is there a site where you can download chord charts. I’m just starting out and want to learn all the basics for rythem guitar. Thanks heaps guys!

Anonymous

1986 KRAMER BARETTA

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1986 KRAMER BARETTA

Anonymous

I play Ventures style music, old and new. do you have any idea , what the Ventures use for equipment to get there background music……thanks

Anonymous

I HAVE A LEFTHAND FENDER STRATOCASTER FOR SALE!ITS A 200O STANDARD STRAT MODEL.IT HAS A BLACK PICKGUARD AND PICKUPS,PLUS I THREW IN A SEMOUR DUNCAN "INVADER" HUMBUCKER WITH A KILLER TONE, AND A VINTAGE FLOATING TREMELO.THE GUITAR LISTS AT $550.IM ONLY ASKING FOR $425,AND I THREW IN THE HUM SO BELIEVE ITS WORTH IT.THE GUITAR IS IN GREAT CONDITIONNO NICKS OR DENTS IN THE FINISH.HIT ME UP AND WELL WORK SOMETHING OUT http://[email protected]

Anonymous

want to buy: i am looking for a used midiaxe to that will work with OMS and emagic.

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Greco Model#gr626—Serial#19950 Please I need some info. on it!!! John Grimes

Anonymous

dearmond guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : dearmond guitars

Anonymous

HOMO

Anonymous

Well done, beavis. : HOMO

Anonymous

: HOMO SUPERB I AAAAM A GEEEK. With a name like HEYWOOD I wouldn’t throw stones in glass houses.Having a love of music does not a geek make. FORSOOTH VERILY YEH THOU ART A VARLET AND A CAD. HAVE AT YOU SIR PRATALOT.

Anonymous

FUCK YOU CLOSET BOY!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have an Ensenada accoustic guitar I purchased used in the early 1970’s. It is MD69. There is a pic guard decorated with flowers and leaves. Can anyone tell me about my guitar? What is it worth? Thank you, Patti

Anonymous

: I have an Ensenada accoustic guitar I purchased used in the early 1970’s. It is MD69. There is a pic guard decorated with flowers and leaves. Can anyone tell me about my guitar? What is it worth? Thank you, Patti

Anonymous

Afraid I don’t have too much to offer. I too have been playing (read learning) on an Ensenada. It’s a W G 65, and when I searched for additional information I couldn’t find much. From what I can gather they were produced in the early 70’s in Japan by a company out of Chicago called Strum ‘N Drum. I’ll try to let you know if I learn anything new – sorry I can’t offer much! Just enjoy the sound!

Anonymous

need all sorts of maps like slayer soulfly or anything else

Anonymous

Having fun learning I can handle G,C,D7, like bluegrass,but what is a G run referred to in the song Black Diamond Strings how can I learn to play and practice it ?

Anonymous

It’s G A B D E D G then a G chord : Having fun learning I can handle G,C,D7, like bluegrass,but what is a G run referred to in the song Black Diamond Strings how can I learn to play and practice it ?

Anonymous

charvel guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : charvel guitars

Anonymous

besides the fact that it plays like a guitar of your dreams, is it worth anything ?

Anonymous

I’m looking for a sunburst EB-2 with banjo tuners.

Anonymous

: besides the fact that it plays like a guitar of your dreams, is it worth anything ? is in great shape no scratches and with like new original hard shell case

Anonymous

recently purchased a used hr-2 harmonist. it did not have the box or manual. if anyone out there has one or knows of someplace to get it please let me know. if you have one maybe someone could mail them to my email. it would be greatly appreciated. thank you all.

Anonymous

westone guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : westone guitars

Anonymous

please send me some info asap thanks for your help

Anonymous

: : please send me some info asap thanks for your help YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY OR BOOK SHOP/GUITAR SHOP ETC AND LOOK OUT FOR A BOOK ABOUT RANDY RHODES. HE WAS HIS BEST LEAD PLAYERS EVER. It’s great being ENGLISH and an OZZIE FAN. PSYCO.

Anonymous

Guitar world mag has good tabs to alot of ozzy, get the relevant back issues (a few were pretty recent). : : please send me some info asap thanks for your help

Anonymous

: : please send me some info asap thanks for your help

Anonymous

: : : : please send me some info on ozzyssguitar riffs on his new album down to earth thanks amillion

Anonymous

broken tremolo on my Vox Cambridge 30

This popular thread has been given its own page : broken tremolo on my Vox Cambridge 30

Anonymous

I bought this amp recently and have not been satisfied with its presence in band environment. The mids seem to clip when bright switch is on and the sound is not very full. I had been using a DeVille 4-10 which has the fullness and presence, but was frustrated with the controls and little things keep breaking. Anyone know of enhancements to the Super? I am considering JBL speakers.

Anonymous

: I bought this amp recently and have not been satisfied with its presence in band environment. The mids seem to clip when bright switch is on and the sound is not very full. I had been using a DeVille 4-10 which has the fullness and presence, but was frustrated with the controls and little things keep breaking. Anyone know of enhancements to the Super? I am considering JBL speakers. I bought all new old stock american tubes and it has brought this amp to life. This setup has cost over $400 because I bought extra 12ax7’s and 6l6gc’s. Gotta have american tubes!

Anonymous

Hello, I play solo acoustic (6 and twelve string) and sing. Guitars are Ovation A/E nylon, washburn small size 12-string, big LoPrinizi 6 string dreadnought. What do you think are the best effects boxes for 1) Live vocals (would like to be able to have clean choruses, reverbs, be able to change eq well) 2) Acoustic guitar (would like to be able to chorus and reverb without getting muddy sounds, keep clean guitar sound, any other good acustic fx too) Opinions?

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a seven pin midi lead to run from my ADA MP1 to my ADA footpedal. The seven pin lead phantom powers the footpedal. My last one broke and now I have to have wires all over the place. Help……………………..

Anonymous

: Does anyone know where I can get hold of a seven pin midi lead to run from my ADA MP1 to my ADA footpedal. The seven pin lead phantom powers the footpedal. My last one broke and now I have to have wires all over the place. Help……………………..

Anonymous

Buy ,or order it from West LA music in Santa Monica

Anonymous

could a guitar expert help me find out how much these guitars r above?

Anonymous

: could a guitar expert help me find out how much these guitars r above?

Anonymous

Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one.

Anonymous

Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one.

Anonymous

: Ref new Fat Squire Fat Strat:Paid $165 for mine 2 months ago form Semonile Misic in Clearwater Fl. It was mafe in China and has a solid maple neck and an exce;;ant black poly finish. If no one has checked out the new Squire Fat Strat they will be in for a surprise. My fit and finish is excellent and plays great. I have recently seen then on the web at GuitarStop.com for approx $200 other on lines also carry them. MusiciansFriend.com did have them for $165. I am not disapointed in my pruchase at all. Those that "dis" the new Strats have not tried one. I also bought one for 169..Brooke Mays Music. I played about 10-15 strats. So many different necks, I liked this one, they also did a great job of set-up at this paticular store. The other contender was a American/Standard- $799 with case,T-shirt,strap good deal. But, I wanted a guitar I didn’t worry about scratching also! In all honesty the American Top line uses Stainless Steel, so hardware is better than SQ Strat with chrome plated. I have 3 strats, they all have different feel so go try out as many as you can. This China Squire-Fat Strat, 2 singles, one double is nice. Solid Alder body like top of line, thinner body..which is great! I’ll probably drop in some Sperzel Tuning pegs I have laying around, and will search for a "clearance on a nice set of pickups someday (no real need just a habit!)…the best thing of all, other than the killer priceis….I can play the SH&*%&%%T out of this thing, anywhere and not worry about scratchs,nicks,parts etc. Just Love this guitar. $169 and have ’em set it up right.

Anonymous

Why would you want to buy the worst guitar on the market? If money is the issue, get a used guitar of some quality.

Anonymous

Any Comments on why I should buy this? All responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Because everybody says it’s the best DSP ever made.

Anonymous

Hi, Can anybody help me with the following issue: Recently I’ve installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp’s head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don’t work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a ‘digitally’ sound. Please can you help me? Thanks. Ben van Geest

Anonymous

: Hi, : Can anybody help me with the following issue: : Recently I’ve installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp’s head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don’t work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a ‘digitally’ sound. Please can you help me? Thanks. : Ben van Geest yes, you have installed msm-1 cable wrongly thus burn two fuses inside the head, you have to install the cable which goes to the amp from the msm-1 so that the notches in the socket and pins are on same side, you have put it in following the manual picture which refers the arrow on the pins to go this wa<y or that way but you must forget the arrow and the picture cause they work on older kettner models that way but on triamp the pins has to be opposite so the notches will meet. the blown fuses are on inside uinder big circuit board on a smaller circuit board touching the chassis back. hard to chance so take it to someone pro.repairer.

Anonymous

: : Hi, : : Can anybody help me with the following issue: : : Recently I’ve installed the MSM-1 MIDI module in my TriAmp’s head, but now the LEDS on my frontpanel don’t work anymore and I lost my sound completely! The only thing that a little functions, is the mastervolume. I have to crank it completely and then I will get a ‘digitally’ sound. Please can you help me? Thanks. : : Ben van Geest or that way but you must forget the arrow and the picture cause they work on older kettner models that way but on triamp the pins has to be opposite so the notches will meet. the blown fuses are on inside uinder big circuit board on a smaller circuit board touching the chassis back. hard to chance so take it to someone pro.repairer.

Anonymous

hi b. i had the same problem, the amp was "dead" i send i to a h&k distrubtor and the told me, that i used the wrong "socket" to install dem cable from the midi module, it cost me € 250.- to repair it :-((

Anonymous

Excuse me, how long does it really take to finish guitar course or get to Grade 5 in ABRSM exam?? thks in advance

Anonymous

i wanted to know wether or not i would be able to change the white pickguard on my explorer for a black one do they sell these in stores

Anonymous

I NEED SOME INFORMATION ON A GUITAR MY GRAND FATHER OWNS ITS A BEASON / BESSON(not sure of the spelling) FROM APPROX 1940 . DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEBODY I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH TO FIND ITS VALUE AND A NEW HOME?

Anonymous

Did Takamine make a "G" series of guitars in the early 80’s?

Anonymous

: Did Takamine make a "G" series of guitars in the early 80’s? Do you meen thesolid body electrics

Anonymous

I have a takamine gx-100 electric guitar. I would like to know what years these guitars were made, and what the list price was at the time. Thanx.

Anonymous

Need an Amplifier Repair Expert: Crate Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need an Amplifier Repair Expert: Crate Amp

Anonymous

My father gave me a guitar that i have no info on..it looks like it has a "SR" in a circle on the head of the guitar… the only info i have is in the inside of the guitar which says5-68-MI and then made in the usa. could anyone tell me anything about this guitar????

Anonymous

Check out this site, it might help: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/other.html -VJ : My father gave me a guitar that i have no info on..it looks like it has a "SR" in a circle on the head of the guitar… the only info i have is in the inside of the guitar which says5-68-MI and then made in the usa. could anyone tell me anything about this guitar????

Anonymous

What´s the best one ? 800 , 900 , 2000 ?

Anonymous

I personaly think the JCM 800 SMOKES!! It’s overdrive is legendary,probably because of it’s simple design.The JMC 900’s aren’t bad though.

Anonymous

can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

Anonymous

my boyfriend has one. I can get you a picture and info if you would like??

Anonymous

HELLO I HAVE HAD A VESTER GUITAR FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS. I CAN NOT SAY ONE THING BAD ABOUT IT,IT SOUNDS GOOD AND IS VERY EASY TO NOTE . I REALLY LIKE THE NECK ON IT QUITE SMALL AND COMFORTABLE.

Anonymous

: can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe. I own a Vester. Good guitar.

Anonymous

: : can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great : Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe. : I own a Vester. Good guitar. i have a vester if you would like i can e-mail you a pic but i have know idea what it is worth and would love to know if any one can help

Anonymous

: : : can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great : : Vester acoustic: looks and sounds similar to present day Godin semi-acoustic. Pickup in bridge. Company went bankrupt I believe. : : I own a Vester. Good guitar. : : i have a vester if you would like i can e-mail you a pic but i have know idea what it is worth and would love to know if any one can help i have a vester acoustic, model vj548. it seems to be a copy of an irish lowden from what i can gather. its a great guitar, sounds and plays perfect. ive yet to see another one anywhere so i’d love some info on it, ive owned it for about 5 years and bought it second hand.i never leave home without it, it has the best kneck ever!

Anonymous

: can anyone give me any information on the vester guitar. a picture or any information would be great

Anonymous

I have a Vester shallow body acoustic. it is a great stage guitar. I paid $600.00 CDn for it used. It’s worth between 700-800 new. They’re great. The electonics are well put together with a nice EQ and it is very comfortable to play. It’s similar to a Tak shallow body. Plays nice, I recommend gettin’ one. Cheers, Grant

Anonymous

Does anybody know anygood web pages to get custom sounds for the Zoom 505II pedal? i can’t find them anywere and its really starting to piss me off so if anyone knows please help me out and send the page adresses my way! Thanx!

Anonymous

Check http://www.zoom505.cjb.net Its written in portuguese , but you´ll have no probs . Enter the menu , and then , patches .

Anonymous

Check http://www.zoom505.cjb.net Its written in portuguese , but you´ll have no probs . Enter the menu , and then , patches .

Anonymous

Strella classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Strella classical guitar

Anonymous

hey… i recently got an Epiphone guitar and i really want to know more about it! it is a les paul model (limited edition) and the number thingo on the back of the head reads: ‘F6110090’ help me out?? (it is similar to a gold top- but sparkly)

Anonymous

Mako guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mako guitars

Anonymous

anyone have a tab for great white buffalo by nuget ???

Anonymous

Hey,anyone can tell me about Austin and era standard?

Anonymous

Hey,anyone can tell me about Austin and era standard?

Anonymous

They’re really cheap, strat spin-offs. The Era Standard that is. My friend has one, it’s alright. There are more descent cheap guitars like from Ibanez and Squier (Owned by Fender). http://www.austingtr.com

Anonymous

I have a Aria Solid body black electrict guitar 2 pick ups, gold hardware, no serial number, 2 volum controls and 2 tone controls plus a 3 Position tone switch. Can anyone tell me what year it was made and if its has any value? [email protected]

Anonymous

: I have a Aria Solid body black electrict guitar 2 pick ups, gold hardware, no serial number, 2 volum controls and 2 tone controls plus a 3 Position tone switch. : Can anyone tell me what year it was made and if its has any value? : [email protected] I bought one of those brand new in Okinawa Japan in 1983. I sold it around 1990 and regret doing so. It was an Aria Pro II

Anonymous

I have a finder strat the first letter of the serial number is E can anyone tell me anything about where and when i t was made

Anonymous

: i have a harmony electric guitar that has a strat shape but dose not have the plug for the amp cord in the front like other strat copies and has no pickguard. please email me with any info on the model.

Anonymous

: Hi my name is evan and one of my teachers found a guitar and I know a lot about guitars but I have no idea what it is it looks identical to a gibson SG butt on the area were the co. emblum would go all there is, is a small white butterfly in-lay if you have any Idea about what this cold be just let me know thanks

Anonymous

Funny , cos my friend has the same guitar , with 3 humbs …. and doesn´t know its number and model .

Anonymous

please if anybody have the patch for gfx707 for the song from Joan Osborne send it on:[email protected] Thank you!!!

Anonymous

Kay jumbo flat top professional with cutaway

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kay jumbo flat top professional with cutaway

Anonymous

difference between Yamaha apx4 and apx4a electro acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : difference between Yamaha apx4 and apx4a electro acoustic

Anonymous

i bought a zoom FP02 expression pedal and hooked it up to my zoom modulator pedal. The problem is I’m using it with with decks for scratching and stuff. I play a little bit of guitar and understand how it works. Can anyone please give me some tips on how they use an expression pedal cause I don’t really know where to start. Don’t be put off if you don’t know much about scratching ’cause the princible is the same as playing riffs. I fany one can help I would really appreciate it. Cheers, Ben.

Anonymous

I had one and I used it with a 2100 . The one you have is a 507 ? In the 2100 , I just plugged the exp. pedal and it began to work .

Anonymous

HAMER GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : HAMER GUITAR

Anonymous

I have an orignaly dunlop crybaby but I can’t seem to get a strong wah sound. I want a sound close to that which Kirk Hammet uses because I play a lot of MetallicA. Can anyone help?!

Anonymous

Ya, I have the same problem. The sound is terrible, I don’t know why. I suppose Steve Vai, Joe Satriani a many others use Dunlop Crybaby Wah Wah and their sound is very good. How is it possible? Maybe there are more models under this brand?!?

Anonymous

: Ya, I have the same problem. The sound is terrible, I don’t know why. I suppose Steve Vai, Joe Satriani a many others use Dunlop Crybaby Wah Wah and their sound is very good. How is it possible? Maybe there are more models under this brand?!? Try next: cable from guitar to distortion to wah to amp. don’t set distortion for too high output level since wah may sound too muddy.. (this method is opposite to normal, but more effective since you can modulate already distorted signal which contains much harmonics)

Anonymous

I use a Dunlop Crybaby and have had not problems. Sometimes weak wah can be a problem with the innards of the pedal itself. The Wah effect works on a Potentiometer, which is adjusted by your foot as it moves up and down on the pedal. The Potentiometer or "pot" adjusts your signal alternately filtering out high range and low range frequencies, depending on your foot position. Sometimes it’s efficacy is limited when used through an effect loop, you may want to try running it direct (from your guitar, to pedal, to input on amp.) You may also want to try taking it to your local guitar shop and having them check the "pot" and see if it is working properly. If the "pot" is fried, that will cause your poor wah. You may also consider changing the battery. These pedals use pretty serious juice, and will remain "on" if there is a cable left in the input (and sometimes the output) jacks. A weak battery will also cause these problems.

Anonymous

I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Anonymous

: I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Anonymous

Franks Musicanship is unmatched in many ways. But we the fans cant live off reclcled old albums. He was blackballed and most persons never heard of him, but all gutiarist know of him he is a guitarist guitarist but yes quit the interviews and 25 yeary old stories pick up the guitar and talk.this waiting waiting for music is sad just play and get it out to people they will do the rest frank talks about/// play about it thats what your loved for

Anonymous

Franks cool, he has the write to get bitter he stuck playin these shity little gigs at beer pubs when he’s such a great player. The dude ROCKS

Anonymous

: I just read an interview with him today. He was bashing Ted Nugent, SRV, Aerosmith, and many others. I smell jealousy. I like your work Frank, but nobody wants to hear the rant of a bitter old man. He spends most of the interview bitching about being compared to Hendrix. I will never buy another Frank Marino cd.

Anonymous

Gimmie some stuff to talk about in an assignment about covering songs on acoustic guitar, like techniques, uses, and the concepts of music i.e dynamics, duration etc

Anonymous

I have one for you guitar philes out there. In the song, crawling in the dark, exactly how does the hobastank guitariest get the actual sound he gets, that is, what is the exact (or close)effect combination> I can play what he is doing but I can’t get the exact sound, or at least close enough that I am happy with it. I am playing seymour duncan humbuckers with a boss GT-6 through a fender princeston chorus. Sound like light phase with a certain type of delay or delay gate, listen to it, any ideas?

Anonymous

buy the boss GT-6. For the money, it is the best sounding, most versitale and extensive floor effects around. I have been using mine for about 8 months now.

Anonymous

I just picked up a Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, and it’s my first guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I wasn’t aware that taking all the strings off at once would make it pop up. It’s in the position that it would be if the whammy bar were all the way down. I went to a Sam Ash and they wanted to charge like $60 to do it, and it would take a week for them to get around to it. If anyone here knows how to do it, I’d really appreciate it if you helped me out. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Hey man the best gig bag in the world is waiting for you. http://www.bdkmusic.com. Get a SAK

Anonymous

I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS! Thanks J

Anonymous

GOOD GOD! YOU STUPID LITTLE SHITS, OF COURSE THERE ARE LEFTY GUITARS, I JUST BOUGHT ONE. oSAMA BIN LADEN RULEZ….. fUCK JEWS… arabs RULE, KUS OMAK YA IBN ELL KHARA

Anonymous

: I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS! : Thanks J J There are left-handed guitars out there but they can be hard to come by. Some manufactures make factory left-handed models (Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Cort, Jackson etc.) but generally selection with regards to models and colors are extremely limited. The price is generally 5 to 15 % higher as well. Other manufactures will make left-handed versions of some of their models as "customs" at a premium price. Used left-handed guitars are available at many online sites and music stores. It is possible to convert right-handed guitars to left-handed but it is not as simple as turning around the strings. Some brands (ie Fender) are easier to convert than others (ie Gibson). Some music stores/repair shops will do these adjustments for you at a price. Also printed instructions on how to convert some guitars is available on the internet. Good luck, MJ

Anonymous

: I have been playing since 78 and my first guitar was a 3/4 size pawn shop special that I changed the strings around. It was junk. I bought a cheap left handed LP copy by Hondo and played it for about A year. I now have a standard US strat and I am going to buy a left handed Les Paul for $3000. So you can spend as much as you want. But if you go to the internet you will find loads of lefties. There is a guy in Houston Texas (i live in Waco Tx) that sell left handed guitars, the name of the shopp is Southpaw Guitars of Texas http://www.southpaw.net check out his web site or call him and ask him about lefties. One of the benefits of playing left handed is that NOBODY wants to pick up your ax. Good luck. Bob : I have a guitar at home and figured i could play it left handed if i simply turned the strings around. However, the grooves where the strings go through were too thin for the thick string. I know that sounds confusing but WHAT DO YOU DO IF ARE LEFT HANDED, ARE THERE ANY LEFT HANDED GUITARS! : : Thanks J : J : There are left-handed guitars out there but they can be hard to come by. Some manufactures make factory left-handed models (Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Cort, Jackson etc.) but generally selection with regards to models and colors are extremely limited. The price is generally 5 to 15 % higher as well. Other manufactures will make left-handed versions of some of their models as "customs" at a premium price. Used left-handed guitars are available at many online sites and music stores. It is possible to convert right-handed guitars to left-handed but it is not as simple as turning around the strings. Some brands (ie Fender) are easier to convert than others (ie Gibson). Some music stores/repair shops will do these adjustments for you at a price. Also printed instructions on how to convert some guitars is available on the internet. : Good luck, : MJ

Anonymous

i suggest u take it down to ur local guitar shop and ask them if they will turn it left handed for u and they will put a left handed bridge on it and u can den play it left handed and it shudnt cost more dan 15 quid k

Anonymous

my trusty fender twin reverb has suddenly begun to pick up radio stations as soon as i turn it on and its driving me nuts. shitty pop station too… i have tried changing locations to no no avail. Any suggestions out there?

Anonymous

Hi, I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

Anonymous

: Hi, : I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

Anonymous

haven’t played a plus, but I’ll tell you this: a Raptor one is an AWESOME guitar for it’s price and a Raptor Plus is probably better. : : Hi, : : I am new to guitar, and i would like to buy the Peavey Raptor Plus electric guitar packaged with Peavey Rage 158 amp. Need some advice, whether to go ahead or not?

Anonymous

I have an ibanez in great condition. I’m in NY. It is 2 years old and was only used for 6 months a couple of times a week. If anyone is interested let me know. (email) Thank you

Anonymous

RG170 for sale, brand new $227.99

Anonymous

I have a contessa molde hg-g85 71191 i can’t give the rest of the no. i would like to get some history on it. i though it was maed in west germany.buy hohner.and i would like to know what it cost.

Anonymous

: I have a contessa molde hg-g85 71191 i can’t give the rest of the no. i would like to get some history on it. : i though it was maed in west germany.buy hohner.and i would like to know what it cost. [email protected]

Anonymous

I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40’s to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar.

Anonymous

: I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40’s to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar. I have one email me if you are interested

Anonymous

I have one that I might consider selling it is an F-hole Commander I don’t know wether it’s the large one I would think it is I can get you photos if you want. : I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40’s to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar.

Anonymous

I have one of these guitars. it is a sunburst with f holes and an armond pickup. jazzy

Anonymous

: I am looking for a guitar called the "Commander",which was sold in Canada by the T.Eaton Co. from the early 40’s to the mid Fifties.The one I am looking for is a large arch top guitar. I’m still looking guys. Anyone have a lead on one of these? My Dad had one bought in 1949 and it burned up in a house fire in 1970.I’d like to find him another one.

Anonymous

i am looking for the mesas\boogie Triaxis preamp (v1 or 2) and the simul 2:90 power amp please email me [email protected] thanx ziv

Anonymous

hi im selling a mesa boogie version 2.0 triaxis can only ship in the uk £1000 + p+p b4 25th august 2002 £1200 after please email me [email protected]

Anonymous

Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me?

Anonymous

: Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me? …………..IT’S ON HIP VIDEO…….DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

Anonymous

IF YOU FIND A COPY I WILL BUY A DUPLICATE FROM YOU!! THANKS!! : : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me? : …………..IT’S ON HIP VIDEO…….DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

Anonymous

: IF YOU FIND A COPY I WILL BUY A DUPLICATE FROM YOU!! THANKS!! : : : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me? : : …………..IT’S ON HIP VIDEO…….DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT???????

Anonymous

: : Im looking for the Dann Huff instructional video. Can anybody help me? : …………..IT’S ON HIP VIDEO…….DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY IT??????? I bought mine from a guy on ebay. It is a copy from the original.

Anonymous

If someone want to exchange with me Sheet Music, send me a E-mail

Anonymous

Who could inform me on the Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on his Fender Stratocaster ? Thanks and regards JP

Anonymous

: Who could inform me on the Brand and gauge of strings used by Eric Clapton on his Fender Stratocaster ? : Thanks and regards JP I have just bought a clapton strat and Fender fit super bullet 10’s to it as standard. The man (Eric) has Ernie Ball regular slinky 10’s fitted to his strat. Hope this helps. SOM

Anonymous

Takamine EF381M

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine EF381M

Anonymous

Is fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? I am totally new to play guitar and my hand size is medium for a girl. I like to buy a fender american series stratocaster($840)and I goal is play some blue, jazz,sofe rock…not very heavy stuff( at this point). I have no friend can play guitar, so please help if you could. Is it a right choice? Is it a farely good guitar? Another model better for me?

Anonymous

: Is fender american series stratocaster for lady beginner? I am totally new to play guitar and my hand size is medium for a girl. I like to buy a fender american series stratocaster($840)and I goal is play some blue, jazz,sofe rock…not very heavy stuff( at this point). I have no friend can play guitar, so please help if you could. : Is it a right choice? Is it a farely good guitar? : Another model better for me?

Anonymous

Ive Seen a Lady Stratocaster: http://www.illuminocity.com/wright002.asp

Anonymous

The Fender American series are amazing guitars: The best in the world ; they compete with all Fenders, Gibsons….. In my view, along with Hendrix, Clapton, Gallagher, Vaughan, along with countless others, they are the best.

Anonymous

Great choice!!! Quality guitar, very easy to play. Good luck in your venture. Another guitar site for playing tips/tricks http://www.guitar.com go into the discussion groups.

Anonymous

Digitech 2120 or Boss GT ? Or maybe other ???????

Anonymous

My personal preference is the Digitech 2120. : Digitech 2120 or Boss GT ? Or maybe other ???????

Anonymous

: Does anyone know where I can buy a secondhand digitech 2120 with foot controller?!!

Anonymous

Even for metal ?

Anonymous

: Even for metal ? I like the Korg ax1500. HAS SOME GREAT FEATURES AND IS USER FRIENDLY. Hey go to http://www.bdkmusic and check it out. hope this helps, Dave

Anonymous

What´s the best ?

Anonymous

???? some say its a strange clean , other say its a sitar ……

Anonymous

just thought i’d share this here,.. Patty Griffin’s newest release on ATO Records (founded by Dave Matthews) is now available for preorder. http://stores.musictoday.com/pattygriffinpreorder you can win a signed guitar or a cd. you can hear some of the tracks on the ATO site. great stuff! p

Anonymous

I found the DLS chorus to be very versital and great sounding, plus 2 channels to preset, a delay adjust, and stereo. The buffered version is bright and full (it was also $20 less at musictoyz). http://www.dlseffects.com

Anonymous

: : I found the DLS chorus to be very testical and great sounding, plus 2 channels to preset, a delay adjust, and stereo. The buffered version is bright and full shit (it was also $20 less at musictoyz). blow me

Anonymous
      Anonymous

if you read this kid rock you sucks men fuck you

Anonymous

james has a playrecord in hes concerts and hi really isnt good in the guitar

Anonymous

Can you play master of puppets? I bet you cant, shut your mouth dipshit

Anonymous

all of you should be ashamed of yourselves you assholes, never diss metallica,or we’ll get you, wewill.

Anonymous

u fucking loser cunt james is the fucking METAL GOD if he sucked why would his gigs get sold out evrywhere he goes? ur just some narrow minded cock sucker who was probably the result of a brother sister marriage who is so retarded that u cant realise true talent when you see it.FUCK YOU CUNT!!!!!

Anonymous

Your a fucking Pussy ass cunt, james rocks

Anonymous

learn how to type!!! or proper sentence structure or grammar..

Anonymous

If James is so bad, than why’re they the best metal band in the world????? he ain’t bad at all!!!! Fuck yeaaah James

Anonymous

eet your own anus hetfield rules

Anonymous

Whats wrong with you people. hetfield made metal. any one who says hetfield sucks oviously haven’t noticed that metallica have been going for over 20 years so some one must think different.

Anonymous

Dude you are some jackass.James is a f*#@in inspiration.So original and he plays what he wants.

Anonymous

James is the best rythm guitar player in the fucking world //// \m/ FUCK YEAHHHHHHH \m/

Anonymous

I’m a METALLICA fan and i play their songs, so i know what james plays is fucking difficult, and just a God can play that kanda shit . \ so you fuckers just shut the fuck up /

Anonymous

what’s the matter with you? he sucks compared to what? you? come on! he’s great and he makes more money than all of you on this post put together in a year! and he’s got great rythm guitar too. jeez, i swear…

Anonymous

Playrecord my ass hes afuckin god you could never in amilion years compare to james on guitar or anything else

Anonymous

: james has a playrecord in hes concerts and hi really isnt good in the guitar You’re just a noob in guitar ASSHOLE because James is the best and Alex said the truth by sayaing that is hard to play so shut the fuck up you fucking fuck fucker HE is THE great and you can’t say anything over that ! No one thing like you ! James kick ass !

Anonymous

James Hetfield is a brilliant guitarist. His stuff is bloody hard and he can play it while bloody singing!! so shut up and learn to talk properly!!!

Anonymous

I’m sure that you can play the guitar ten times better than he can. I mean, if your guitar is half as good as your English you will be hailed as the next Van Halen, but compared to you, he sucks too. Crawl into a hole and die a slow death. Metallica Rules.

Anonymous

hey ! i guess you don’t play guitar for saying that…i do and james stuff is really hard to play so shut the fuck up fucking noobie !!

Anonymous

your late for school……….

Anonymous

and you can’t write properly. get over it. : james has a playrecord in hes concerts and hi really isnt good in the guitar

Anonymous

: and you can’t write properly. get over it. : : james has a playrecord in hes concerts and hi really isnt good in the guitar shut the fuck up you homosexual poplover. if theres anyone thats suscking anything its you sucking a big fucking elephants cock!!

Anonymous

can i just say that noone that has sold that many albums and has that many fans can NOT Suck dumbass!

Anonymous

: and you can’t write properly. get over it. James dont suck…!!!!!! he rulezz. he;s the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Fuck anyone who says Hetfield sucks. He is The GOD of Metal!

Anonymous

He does rule, he is the best. This guy is just like a really REALLY dumb bag of hair.

Anonymous

Installing 57 classic humbuckers into a Epi/Gib DOT

This popular thread has been given its own page : Installing 57 classic humbuckers into a Epi/Gib DOT

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to get 7 way switching on a fender strat? i have heard theres a way to get one pickuo to bypas the switch and make it on even when the switch says it’s off allowing 7 way switching, anyone have an idea how??

Anonymous

It’s pretty simple actually…here’s a link to the explanation. http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/allpickups.php peace, ~barry Does anyone know how to get 7 way switching on a fender strat? i have heard theres a way to get one pickuo to bypas the switch and make it on even when the switch says it’s off allowing 7 way switching, anyone have an idea how??

Anonymous

It’s pretty simple actually…here’s a link to the explanation. http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/allpickups.php peace, ~barry Does anyone know how to get 7 way switching on a fender strat? i have heard theres a way to get one pickuo to bypas the switch and make it on even when the switch says it’s off allowing 7 way switching, anyone have an idea how??

Anonymous

I have often thought of removing the standard strat switch and installing 3 single pole double throw switches in a position that’s further out of the way of my right hand. I’m originally an acoustic flailler and it’s always in my way. But I digress. I would use the double throw switches so that it would be possible to have any combination of the switches including the neck and bridge pickups or all three at once. With the double throw switches it would be possible to switch the phase of any of the pickups at any time. I’ve never sat down and drawn up a schematic, but it shouldn’t be too tough. You could also add some more pots.

Anonymous

I’m hooking up my Fender Standard Strat and customizing it and stuff. I want to find buy a really great bridge for it, but i don’t want a locking one. I was thinking about the one in the Eric Clapton Strat, but I don’t know where to buy it. Can anyone help me or point in the direction of a really good bridge.

Anonymous

I wold like to know a price for these two guitars. Anyone who would is intrestied in one of these guitars please contact me.

Anonymous

Are you looking to sell them or buy one yourself.I recently just bought a LesPaul Studio for $1350 but thats because it came with more than your average Studio.Its got a AA figured Maple top with a beautiful finish.Its Amber and Gold.Send me an E-mail and I will send you a pic of it.

Anonymous

I own a Daion Power Mark xx bass. I bought it new in 1982.where can i get an accurate appraisal on this thing?Never altered in any way. Still like new.Does anybody know a way to get production nos.I would appreciate any info on Daion basses.

Anonymous

I have the same bass with EMG pickups added. I had a specialty Bass guitar store tell me it’s worth about $750. I paid about $600 for mine in ’81 or ’82. : I own a Daion Power Mark xx bass. I bought it new in 1982.where can i get an accurate appraisal on this thing?Never altered in any way. Still like new.Does anybody know a way to get production nos.I would appreciate any info on Daion basses.

Anonymous

Ovation Elite 1768 Appraisal

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation Elite 1768 Appraisal

Anonymous

I wonder, wich is the best way to learn solos ? I haven’t played solos for a long time…so the question is: is it better to sit down and try to learn som boring scales or can you just take a tablature and start practising ?

Anonymous

Hi All I do alot of leading groups with singing at my Church with just myself and guitar. I would love to be able to add some bass, drums and other instruments and have them recorded on CD as a fill in. Is there a way of doing this with some software package? Thanks, Joe C.

Anonymous

I cant seem to find any tab files for the song Lightning by Dispatch. Does anyone know where i can find a Tab file?? E-mail me or post a followup if you do. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Whats the best guitar to buy if i want to get that alternate guitar sound like Blink 182 for example?

Anonymous

: Whats the best guitar to buy if i want to get that alternate guitar sound like Blink 182? And what kind of drum set should i get to have it sound like blink 182?

Anonymous

: Whats the best guitar to buy if i want to get that alternate guitar sound like Blink 182 for example? Fender makes a Tom Delonge signature strat. How much closer can you get than that!

Anonymous

: Whats the best guitar to buy if i want to get that alternate guitar sound like Blink 182 for example? :If its the sound your looking for, Tom uses Symore Duncan Invaders, thats what iv got in my guitar and it sounds great.

Anonymous

There was a disucssion on this in this forum. Just take a look around. : Whats the best guitar to buy if i want to get that alternate guitar sound like Blink 182 for example?

Anonymous

nak belajar lead gitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : nak belajar lead gitar

Anonymous

HI, im looking for a left handed esp, for around 700.00 preferably one like kirk hammet plays from metallica, or a studio les paul,if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thanks, joe

Anonymous

hey music123.com sell kirk Hammets KH202 for $499

Anonymous

: HI, im looking for a left handed esp, for around 700.00 preferably one like kirk hammet plays from metallica, or a studio les paul,if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thanks, : joe -tolong ajar saya gitar

Viewing 271 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.