Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

hello small people

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

to be me is great, to be any of you, is crap !!!. love Bob

How come there are always troll like this on every guitar site ??

.. they are the reason all guitar boards are crap!

: to be me is great, to be any of you, is crap !!!. love Bob

Re: How come there are always troll like this on every guitar site ??

God created idiots to confound the wise !

Re: How come there are always troll like this on every guitar site ??

Attention.

: .. they are the reason all guitar boards are crap!

:
: : to be me is great, to be any of you, is crap !!!. love Bob

tablature in Finale?

Hello,
Hoe know how to make advanced tablature notation in Finale (tapping...)? I just found automatic tablature
Thanks
Oli

EVER HERE OF AN ACOUSTIC STRELLA 12 STRING TOKAI GAKKI?

COLLETIBLE?
WORTH MUCH?
HOW MUCH?
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
SEAN

syd barrett owns everybody

syd barrett rules all

Re: syd barrett owns everybody

hell yeah he does

where is he now ???

Washed up heroin addicts usually don't own anything, isn't he dead already ?? he must be like 70 by now.

: hell yeah he does

Distortion/ reverb/ gain/saturation

ok me and friend mario are confuddled (confused) by these. what is difference? i'm not ignorant i just don't have a fancy amp and tend to play undistorted pieces. thanks.

Re: Distortion/ reverb/ gain/saturation

Check out:

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/guitar.htm

It has some good info on amp effects/design, alot more than you could type in here... just search on those topics and you'll find lots of info.

: ok me and friend mario are confuddled (confused) by these. what is difference? i'm not ignorant i just don't have a fancy amp and tend to play undistorted pieces. thanks.

Re: Distortion/ reverb/ gain/saturation

: Check out:

: http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/guitar.htm

: It has some good info on amp effects/design, alot more than you could type in here... just search on those topics and you'll find lots of info.

: : ok me and friend mario are confuddled (confused) by these. what is difference? i'm not ignorant i just don't have a fancy amp and tend to play undistorted pieces. thanks.

Thanks so much for the link!

Fret question

I'm looking for a manufacturer who makes the black fret Marshall uses for on their boxes. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hopf Guitar

Hopf Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hopf Guitar

Hilgen Troubadour Amp

Anyone know where I can find ANY info on this amps or on the old Hilgen company - does anybody else have one?

Re: Hilgen Troubadour Amp

: Anyone know where I can find ANY info on this amps or on the old Hilgen company - does anybody else have one?

www.birdogbobby.com

: Anyone know where I can find ANY info on this amps or on the old Hilgen company - does anybody else have one?

whoops it's birddogbobby.com (2 d's) sorry

be sure you keep that amp and don't let anybody tell you that they want to take it and fix it for you. don't let it out of your sight. i used to have an old hilgen bassa grande that i turned up all the way and played guitar through it. i have never been able to duplicate the sweet tone

Pass the word there is a great FCS stratocaster up on ebay

OK please pass the word on this guitar...

It is a true master piece and its gonna be sold fast!
Its an amazing High Performance Custom Stratocaster and not only is Steve Vai and Brian May playing it but its Pink! 8 days to go.. Pass the word its for a good cause. Heres the link!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1509383732

Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society

Hey everyone, be the first to get Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society now. New Release 1919 Eternal in stores March 5, 2002.
Can't wait that long? Check out www.zakkwylde.com

Zakk Wylde with Ozzy on Ozzfest 2002

Hey all Zakk's Back with Ozzy on Ozzfest 2002. He'll be doing double-duty (Yes!, we get the glory of seeing Zakk preform twice!) Check out the new album 1919 Eternal, It'll be out on march 5, 2002

1919 Eternal

Hey everyone, be the first to get Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society now. New Release 1919 Eternal in stores March 5, 2002.
Can't wait that long? Check out www.zakkwylde.com

Daion Powermark-XX`

Looking for any and all info on the daion guitar company, formerly located in Garland Texas in the 1970's.Any website locations offering any information to fill in the pieces of the Daion puzzle will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Daion Powermark-XX`

: Looking for any and all info on the daion guitar company, formerly located in Garland Texas in the 1970's.Any website locations offering any information to fill in the pieces of the Daion puzzle will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Daion Powermark-XX`

: : Looking for any and all info on the daion guitar company, formerly located in Garland Texas in the 1970's.Any website locations offering any information to fill in the pieces of the Daion puzzle will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,

I have a Yamaki guitar and have been doing some research. This website: http://home.istar.ca/~pcarter/daion_guitars/daion_guitars.html somehow ties Yamaki in with Daion. I have information regarding Yamaki (and it's many sub-brands: Folex, Forks, Hamox, Marchis, Canyon, Shinano, Grad Shinano, Chaki, Harptone, etc.). I'd be gald to share what I know. Send me an email @ bowent@encorecsl.com.

Regards,

Todd

P.S. I have a Yamaki AY331S and it is the favorite guitar of all in my collection.

Ibanez guitars??

Id like to know how many famous living guitar players prefer the IBANEZ guitars??? thanks.

Re: Ibanez guitars??

Start at their site, it lists artists who use em, of course most people use multiple guitars, and famous is relative... so good luck compiling your list.

: Id like to know how many famous living guitar players prefer the IBANEZ guitars??? thanks.

Re: Ibanez guitars??

all the posers and faggotts like them. they are really crap. love Bob

guitar

please, i want to learn how to tune an electric guitar without neither an apparatus. thanks

Re: guitar

Normally you need a reference note to start tuning, there are many, you can even use a dialtone, if you have a 'good ear' you could do it by ear. Also as long as the guitar is in tune with itself (and kind of close to desired tuning) it will still sound ok, it's when you play with other instruments that you will sound out of tune... but of course if you are playing with others you have a reference and tune the same.

: please, i want to learn how to tune an electric guitar without neither an apparatus. thanks

Fingerboard type

Which is better, Maple or Rosewood? Are they about the same? Help!?

Re: Fingerboard type

: Which is better, Maple or Rosewood? Are they about the same? Help!? IT BASICALY IS A FEEL TYPE OF THING. DO YOU LIKE A LAQERED FEEL OR A SOFTER MORE WOODY FEEL? I WILL TELL YOU THAT A ROSEWOOD TOP IS MORE PRONE TO TEMP. & HUMIDITY CHANGES. IT WOULD BE WISE TO KEEP A HUMIDIFIER IN YOUR CASE WITH ROSEWOOD NECKS BECAUESE DRY AIR REEKS HAVOC---THE FINGERBOARD SHRINKS AND WILL CREATE A RISE AT ABOUT THE 12TH FRET TO THE 15TH FRET. THE OTHER CONSIDERATION IS TONE---MAPLE IS BRIGHTER---ROSEWOOD IS MORE DARKER. THIS, OF COURSE HAS A LOT TO DO WITH WHAT THE BODY IS MADE FROM. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A SOMEWHAT BRIGHT TONE WITH A WOODY FEEL--TRY EBONY---HOPE THIS HELPS.

marshall heads...

Can someone please explane what does the "100W all-tube power" mean....for expl - the TSL-100 Marshall head has this feature...and if i would like to get the Marshall AVT412a/b speakers for it would they work? the speakers take up to 200 wats, but the head - 100w, doe ist mean that i want be able to use the full power of the speakers??

Re: marshall heads...

All tube power means just that, all tube design (4 preamp, 4 power EL34) not solid-state, I have one (TSL100) and think it's one of the best heads out there, I usually use it with an old cab (w/celestian G12m Greenbacks), I would think the AVT412 should be fine with it, just ask the dealer to be sure. Even though the speakers will handle up to 200w, check out this head full out at 100w... w/2x12 it is loud and should be more than enough unless you play really large gigs... or are into real pain.

: Can someone please explane what does the "100W all-tube power" mean....for expl - the TSL-100 Marshall head has this feature...and if i would like to get the Marshall AVT412a/b speakers for it would they work? the speakers take up to 200 wats, but the head - 100w, doe ist mean that i want be able to use the full power of the speakers??

Starfield acoustic

Starfield  acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Starfield acoustic

Kumiko acoustic circa 1975

Help, am I the only person to own this make of guitar that was purchased in Germany around 1975ish

mesaboogie replacement logos

i was just wondering if anyone knew how i could get replacement logos for my, 2 2x12 rectifier cabs. someon stole them and put them on another cab. i looked on mesa boogie's webpage but it didnt say anything about them.

Re: mesaboogie replacement logos

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Tascam Porta 95 Manual

I desperately need an owners manual for the porta 05. Does anyone happen to have one scanned in or know where to get one inline?
Thanks in Advance

Re: Tascam Porta 95 Manual

: I desperately need an owners manual for the porta 05. Does anyone happen to have one scanned in or know where to get one inline?
: Thanks in Advance

Just bought one on e-bay. As soon as it comes in I'll xerox it for ya!

: : I desperately need an owners manual for the porta 05. Does anyone happen to have one scanned in or know where to get one inline?
: : Thanks in Advance

: Just bought one on e-bay. As soon as it comes in I'll xerox it for ya!

: I desperately need an owners manual for the porta 05. Does anyone happen to have one scanned in or know where to get one online?
: Thanks in Advance
same here I need one too

Dave

epiphone del-ray (?) type guitar

epiphone del-ray (?) type guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : epiphone del-ray (?) type guitar

Vibrations on floyd rose setup

is there any adjustments that can be made to a flod rose setup to stop a string from vibrating?. Its onlt the A string, others seem to be fine.

Re: Vibrations on floyd rose setup

Do you mean buzz... cause the strings are supposed to vibrate, try raising the string a little first by adjusting the tremolo studs, it'll affect more than the A string, but you don't have much choice.

:
: is there any adjustments that can be made to a flod rose setup to stop a string from vibrating?. Its onlt the A string, others seem to be fine.

Re: Vibrations on floyd rose setup

It's very important that you know exactly where the string is buzzing. If it's buzzing at the nut, you might have to take the nut off and shim it slightly, along the edge that borders the fingerboard. I did this to a guitar of mine last night, and it did a few things: Got rid of the buzz on my high E. Eliminated a vague rattling noise that I'd noticed in some of the other strings. Made the guitar slightly harder to play in the first few positions. Massively improved tone, sustain, and intonation on the entire guitar. Highly recommended where appropriate.

Where is the Epiphone expert? I need your help

I posted the question and description regarding identifacation of the epiphone model described in my previous posting (epiphone del ray(?)type guitar) I might add that i am absolutely sure that the guitar is at least 8 years old to 10 years old. go to that posting for description. any leads or help will be greatfully appreciated...

Any talented soloists in SoCal?

My group: A little space is looking to upgrade the guitar tracks on the current album and then play live. Need regular band member, not day worker. See web site for streaming songs at http://alittlespace.biz
If you have talent for this, call me
626-792-9060 Pasadena CA

Re: Any talented soloists in SoCal?

no, you americans are all crap on the guitar, you stole all your ideas from the black people (whome you originally enslaved). the black people in america are the true pioneers of modern music. you are all crap. love Bob

vox starstream XII

vox starstream XII

This popular thread has been given its own page : vox starstream XII

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.