Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – June, 2002

Viewing 181 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Greetings. i’ve just found a Marshall MG80 for £200, used (but vg condition). Any comments? i wanna play knopfler style, satriani etc. I’ve played on the amp for a while and heard the sound, love it, etc. Its discontinued now, does anyone know why??

Anonymous

elish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: elish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hi,I`m searching for the right single-coil sized humbucker for my vintage Tele in the neck position.The stock pickup sounds too flat and I`m searching for a jazz tone(therefore a humbucker).

Anonymous

Long time ago I bought a Seymour Duncan Hotrail which still sounds still very jazzy. Maybe Seymour Duncan is worth a try for you.

Anonymous

I agree with Marc, Seymour Duncan makes some of the best after market pick ups available. I plan on putting two on my Stratocaster, neck and bridge both.

Anonymous

check out dimarzio’s site they have great selection.

Anonymous

try getting a blue lace sensor. i got one in my neck pos. and its great for that.

Anonymous

try the seymour duncan "jeff beck junior", it is a real great pickup

Anonymous

I am in the market for a new acoustic guitar. I am looking for one with a cutaway style body and also a nut width of 1.8" or higher. I currently play a Seagull S6+Folk, and I love it, but it is not a cutaway. Can anyone give me some advice on a good guitar that fits these criteria. Thanks all.

Anonymous

: I am in the market for a new acoustic guitar. I am looking for one with a cutaway style body and also a nut width of 1.8" or higher. I currently play a Seagull S6+Folk, and I love it, but it is not a cutaway. Can anyone give me some advice on a good guitar that fits these criteria. Thanks all. If you sell your Seagull, let me know. Thanks, Mike

Anonymous

I’m searching guitar sheetmusic: "Prelude for Olga", Jorge Morel. Thanks

Anonymous

A neighbor gave me this accoustic (classic) guitar.Has a great sound. The brand is Carlos (# 104) made in Brazil. How good is this guitar?Please remove"remove" before replying to me.Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Takamine EG560C-BS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine EG560C-BS

Anonymous

Morris guitar Les Paul model

This popular thread has been given its own page : Morris guitar Les Paul model

Anonymous

Is there a way to shield my epiphone les paul humbucker pickups? or would i just have to buy new ones to do that? i like how they sound, but the slightest interference causes a quiet hum (like if a computer is in the same room). if i did buy new ones, what would you suggest? I play both heavy stuff and jazz so i need something versatile. thanks mike

Anonymous

Check out: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/index.html there some good info there (too much to write for here) : : Is there a way to shield my epiphone les paul humbucker pickups? or would i just have to buy new ones to do that? i like how they sound, but the slightest interference causes a quiet hum (like if a computer is in the same room). if i did buy new ones, what would you suggest? I play both heavy stuff and jazz so i need something versatile. : thanks : mike

Anonymous

I need info on this model, it needs some parts and I’m interested in it’s lineage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Starforce?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Starforce?

Anonymous

Voxton guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Voxton guitar

Anonymous

I would say John Petrucci from Dream Theater followed very closely by Steve Vai with Joe Satriani not far behind. What about you? (remember I’m not asking who’s the BEST, just who’s playing you like the most) Dennis B.

Anonymous

oooooooppppppssssss…..new to this…. Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH is the man… his stuff is so complicated and intense… talk about melody!!!

Anonymous

good question. Probably Astennue(Covennant, Dimmu Borgir…) then trey azathoth (Morbid angel), Then Marty Friedman (just have to love Cacophony)

Anonymous

id say my favourite guitarist well i have a few a mixture of shredders and good meoldic players: nuno bettencourt(extreme) kirk hammet(metallica) brian may(queen) richie sambora(bon jovi) john fruschiante(rhcp)

Anonymous

Satriani is the man, and he’s got a new album, strange beautiful music (June 25, 2002). Vai plays fast, Petrucci is a great artist, but Satriani will allways be the lead man of the G3. Talking about G3, Eric Jonhson is also a great guitar player. As I see it, Mike Stern and Pat Metheny are the best jazz guitar players around.

Anonymous

: Satriani is the man, and he’s got a new album, strange beautiful music (June 25, 2002). : Vai plays fast, Petrucci is a great artist, but Satriani will allways be the lead man of the G3. Talking about G3, Eric Jonhson is also a great guitar player. : As I see it, Mike Stern and Pat Metheny are the best jazz guitar players around.

Anonymous

nigel tuffnel all the way

Anonymous

oh yeah, i almost forgot. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. Anyone else a fan of his style?

Anonymous

tom delonge from blink182

Anonymous

: I would say John Petrucci from Dream Theater followed : very closely by Steve Vai with Joe Satriani not far : behind. : What about you? (remember I’m not asking who’s the : BEST, just who’s playing you like the most) : Dennis B.

Anonymous

Too many favorites,David Gilmour,Tommy Emmanuel,SRV,Paco de Lucia to name a few

Anonymous

i have to agree with dj. SRV had what some may only dream for. no schooling, ect.. just a way of feeling how a guitar should be played. And how he did just that.

Anonymous

Wes Boreland all the way. he has been an inspiration to start guitar!

Anonymous

Marty Friedman, i bought his guitar. Petrucci is very impressive also, and Luca Turilli.

Anonymous

Randy Rhodes,Eddie Hazel,Tal Farlow.Oh yeah,Steve Vai.

Anonymous

probably steve vai, satriani, jeff beck and greg howe, but my all time favorite is allan holdsworth

Anonymous

Its almost becoming embarrasing to say it these days , but I dont care….. Stevie Ray Vaughan is my favorite. I’d love to be able to rip through the notes and capture the sound that he had. I just read "Caught in the Crossfire" and I have the utmost respect for where he came from and how he got to where he was. Absolutely motivating. : I would say John Petrucci from Dream Theater followed : very closely by Steve Vai with Joe Satriani not far : behind. : What about you? (remember I’m not asking who’s the : BEST, just who’s playing you like the most) : Dennis B.

Anonymous

:All those guys are great and I love them,but,Steve Morse is the man.He is someone they could all learn from,and some probably have.Many more styles,more technical,dexterity and timing OH MY GOD!!! Listen to some old Dixie Dregs and The Steve Morse Band and see what I am talkin about! Ilove his work with Deep Purple the last few years,but it does not do him absolute justice. STEVE MORSE HANDSDOWN!!!!!! Its almost becoming embarrasing to say it these days , but I dont care….. Stevie Ray Vaughan is my favorite. I’d love to be able to rip through the notes and capture the sound that he had. I just read "Caught in the Crossfire" and I have the utmost respect for where he came from and how he got to where he was. Absolutely motivating. : : I would say John Petrucci from Dream Theater followed : : very closely by Steve Vai with Joe Satriani not far : : behind. : : What about you? (remember I’m not asking who’s the : : BEST, just who’s playing you like the most) : : Dennis B.

Anonymous

I need some encouragement

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need some encouragement

Anonymous

Help!!! Got an ME10 in for repair and live /Neutral connection on board75123570 has been de-soldered and connections not marked up. blue /brown to 504 / 505 ???

Anonymous

: Help!!! Got an ME10 in for repair and live /Neutral connection on board75123570 has been de-soldered and : connections not marked up. blue /brown to 504 / 505 ??? you’re correct!

Anonymous

On the first song of Jeff Beck Guitar Shop album, "1. Guitar Shop". the words say (@2:10 into the song)… "it’s a scaled down strat style body with a feel of a Les Paul." i think meaning it has a 24.75" scale, like a Les Paul, as opposed to the usual strat @ 25.5". Does Jeff play a strat like that? i’d love to have one.

Anonymous

i dont think so, he uses a standard strat (with the neck shaped for him), he also has a fender jeff beck model, although, i dont know if he uses one. he sure is a great guitarist though

Anonymous

I remember when that album came out. I read an interview with Terry Bozzio, the drummer on that album, and the voice in the song you mentioned. If I remember correctly, he said that he was just making up stuff, to give the feel of sort of a car salesman. I don’t think that it was in reference to any particular guitar that Jeff owns or owned. There was a period of time when he played a Jackson, which is essentially a scaled down strat. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I’ve recently had the urge to buy a new electric guitar since my current one is falling apart and sounds like driftwood with fishing line on it… I’ve been playing for over 10 years but have only recently got back into playing regularly. Here are my requirements: at least one humbucker (2 hum 1 s.c. or 1 hum or 2 s.c.) 6 strings (not 7) Solid body – normal strat style cutaway 22 frets (24 preferred) Under $1000 australian dollars (that’s about $600 US) What I’m not sure about: New or used? Obviously a well looked after 2nd-hand guitar could be a better buy than a new one as well as having character and warmth (maybe?) Is a warranty really needed? Floyd rose floating tremelo/whammy bar? The hassle of tuning and changing strings as well as the price makes this something I could probably live without. I love Steve Vai’s playing but I don’t know if I’d need screaming harmonics everyday… but still, I’d love to play a ‘flutter’ now and then… What brand is the best value for money? Ibanez, Jackson, Washburn, Yamaha… Should I avoid any particular brands/models. What else should I look out for? I would be playing progressive rock/metal and maybe cover songs (in a function band) so I need a guitar that is versatile to a degree. It would be used for gigs and (home) studio use. Thanks, Dennis B.

Anonymous

buddy, it sounds like youre requirements are edging around a Yamaha… but then again a price range is needed. personally i can do well with a fender for about 500, and am not complaining. if you actually have been playing this long then go for a nice model Yamaha G-16 would be my opinion, but if you are intermediate just get the X-C by Fender. You dont sound that great so jus do what ya want.

Anonymous

buddy, it sounds like youre requirements are edging around a Yamaha… but then again a price range is needed. personally i can do well with a fender for about 500, and am not complaining. if you actually have been playing this long then go for a nice model Yamaha G-16 would be my opinion, but if you are intermediate just get the X-C by Fender. You dont sound that great so jus do what ya want.

Anonymous

Hi. I just got back into playing too within the last 3 years after a 10yr. layoff. I would recommend a fender fat strat. They can be found for around $400 new and the quality is outstanding. If your going to buy used, just be sure to try everything out twice and especially play around with the input jack and volume and tone controls to make sure all the electronics are up to par. I’ve alway been told this…. Buy new if youre looking for amps and pedal boards and effects, but shop around when looking for guitars because there are only so many things that can go wrong with a guitar that cant be easily fixed…. good luck. : I’ve recently had the urge to buy a new electric guitar since my : current one is falling apart and sounds like driftwood with fishing : line on it… I’ve been playing for over 10 years but have only : recently got back into playing regularly. : Here are my requirements: : at least one humbucker (2 hum 1 s.c. or 1 hum or 2 s.c.) : 6 strings (not 7) : Solid body – normal strat style cutaway : 22 frets (24 preferred) : Under $1000 australian dollars (that’s about $600 US) : What I’m not sure about: : New or used? Obviously a well looked after 2nd-hand guitar could be : a better buy than a new one as well as having character and warmth : (maybe?) Is a warranty really needed? : Floyd rose floating tremelo/whammy bar? The hassle of tuning : and changing strings as well as the price makes this something : I could probably live without. I love Steve Vai’s playing but : I don’t know if I’d need screaming harmonics everyday… but : still, I’d love to play a ‘flutter’ now and then… : What brand is the best value for money? : Ibanez, Jackson, Washburn, Yamaha… : Should I avoid any particular brands/models. : What else should I look out for? : I would be playing progressive rock/metal and maybe cover songs : (in a function band) so I need a guitar that is versatile : to a degree. It would be used for gigs and (home) studio use. : Thanks, : Dennis B.

Anonymous

Any ideas? Doesn’t matter about currency.

Anonymous

Are the tabs correct???

This popular thread has been given its own page : Are the tabs correct???

Anonymous

Hi… I guess my subject says it all… I wanted to know if ne1 can tell me which software will suit best for layer recording from guitar to comp… all these gen softwares are usually trials…can u tell me a good availble full ver software for free?

Anonymous

its not for free, but i use cool edit pro, and i find it very good, with a lot of built in effects (which you can preview before you apply). i have recorded a lot of stuff with this programme and (although therewill be something better out there im sure) have had great results even using an old awe soundblaster sound card. email me for a few samples if you would like to here. best of luck. tom. ps, i think there is a free programme demo of steinbergs cubasis which is supposed to be good

Anonymous

Go <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/">here</a&gt; and check out the multi-track recording software section. : its not for free, but i use cool edit pro, and i find it very good, with a lot of built in effects (which you can preview before you apply). i have recorded a lot of stuff with this programme and (although therewill be something better out there im sure) have had great results even using an old awe soundblaster sound card. email me for a few samples if you would like to here. best of luck. tom. ps, i think there is a free programme demo of steinbergs cubasis which is supposed to be good

Anonymous

Where to find tabs for Anastacias song "Who’s gonna stop the rain" ????????

Anonymous

Anastacia tabs !

This popular thread has been given its own page : Anastacia tabs !

Anonymous

I own a Ovation celebrity deluxe and like it very much (4.5 of 5 stars)but i was looking to upgrade and wondering if I could find a used one preferably in the elite to custom elite kind. Color not to important. And which is better?!? Loop station or boomerang?

Anonymous

Just saw the new DLS pedal and listened to the Chorus, Leslie and Vibrato samples. Pretty cool! http://www.musictoyz.com/dls.htm

Anonymous

I found a 1960 Gibson es-135 and was wondering how much my "treasure" is worth. It is in just a regular sunburst and it sounds great. It is very good condition for such an old guitar. So if anyone knows, or has a guess please inform me ASAP. Thanks

Anonymous

I found an old acustic guitar that was my G G grandmothers that was probally made in the early 1920s. it’s name brand is Slivertone. if anyone has any details on it please send me an e mail.

Anonymous

I have a problem when playing my Rick 360 model. I always have my hand on the bridge when playing specially for muting the strings. the screws always losen up (to the point than one or 2 of them almost unscrew come completely off!!!). I always notice it in the middle of a song when they’re scraping against my right hand. Is there any way arround this problem? should I tape the screws? I need help, I haven’t been playing my rick because of this… help

Anonymous

can someone tell me how to make the connections on a roland sde-3000 digital delay to get everything hooked-up properly to use all of the functions, connected to a peavey transtube/supreme amp head………….thank you very much!

Anonymous

I have an AVT 20 that buzzes badly (especially with overdrive on). I have tried many cables and guitars and it buzzes just the same. if I unplug the cable from the amp the buzzing is gone. Do you have any ideas of what is causing this and how I can stop it? thanks.

Anonymous

I have an AVT50 and have had the same problem on occasion. I may have to do with the outlet your plugged into or is there by chance any flouresent lightning nearby? : I have an AVT 20 that buzzes badly (especially with overdrive on). I have tried many cables and guitars and it buzzes just the same. if I unplug the cable from the amp the buzzing is gone. Do you have any ideas of what is causing this and how I can stop it? thanks.

Anonymous

yup, that was it. a damn fish tank light!

Anonymous

TOLKKI HUMBUCKER?

Anonymous

lascia lì, sfigato! 😉

Anonymous

Yes, he uses humbuckers, just check ESP guitars and whatever pickups they put in them are the ones he uses.

Anonymous

Not really, ESP’s come out with EMG’s in them and he now uses Seymour Duncan Passive humbuckers. He asked for passive humbuckers to be put in his new ESP Stratovarius and ESP put Seymour Duncan’s in them.

Anonymous

Epiphone....are they really that bad?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone….are they really that bad?

Anonymous

Ibanez GRX70

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez GRX70

Anonymous

Ovation Pinnacle 385T 12 string

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation Pinnacle 385T 12 string

Anonymous

Is this a fake 70,s yamaha bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is this a fake 70,s yamaha bass

Anonymous

Is there some really good software out there that I can use to help me find the chords to recorded music so I can decipher and write my own sheet music to the songs that I like? For Guitar?

Anonymous

I don’t know any that will ‘decipher’ a song… check out Autotune (by Antares) it might be able to do some of it but it’s been awhile since I’ve used it, and it would be way overkill for that purpose, but sure theres something out there, just keep searching (ask the people at protools, they are pretty good)… there are alot of programs (free ones too) that transcribe what you play, you could try them (remove drums/vocals from track and run that through one and see what comes out… stuff like that), your ear is your best tool though, and for most songs you can find tab to get the general idea, and then play along to the song to get the rest down. Well good luck. : Is there some really good software out there that I can use to help me find the chords to recorded music so I can decipher and write my own sheet music to the songs that I like? For Guitar?

Anonymous

Check out power tab editor- it’s free and there are hundreds of power tabs in most styles that you can learn. It plays the song on your screen and shows the fretboard as the song is playing. Stop or pause to learn chords or leads! Hope this helps. : : : Is there some really good software out there that I can use to help me find the chords to recorded music so I can decipher and write my own sheet music to the songs that I like? For Guitar?

Anonymous

A follow up..Anybody ever think of emailing George Martin on this. He must have an email out there somewhere. He’s the only one who would know for sure how they did it.

Anonymous

I just heard a radio interview with Laurence Juber, who was Paul McCartney’s lead guitarist with Wings (Juber is a phenomenal guitarist, by the way http://www.laurencejuber.com). The host of the show, Greg Kihn (yes, THAT Greg Kihn) asked him about that very chord. Juber said he had spent time playing guitar with George Harrison, and George showed him the chord. It’s a G7sus, and he played it. It was perfect. I’m assuming he played it: –3– –3– –5– –3– –5– –3– I’ve also heard it suggested that you might mute the B string: –3– –x– –5– –3– –5– –3– Harrison played a 12-string Rickenbacker on that song, which added to the fullness. Juber also commented that Harrison had studied jazz guitar and used lots of jazz chords and clever fingerings, not just "cowboy" chords. That G7sus chord, for example, would normally lead you back to a song in the key of C, but the song is in G. Fun little tidbits…

Anonymous

This chord sounds very close to the intro to ‘Venus’ by Shocking Blue. ?? PK : I just heard a radio interview with Laurence Juber, who was Paul McCartney’s lead guitarist with Wings (Juber is a phenomenal guitarist, by the way http://www.laurencejuber.com). The host of the show, Greg Kihn (yes, THAT Greg Kihn) asked him about that very chord. Juber said he had spent time playing guitar with George Harrison, and George showed him the chord. It’s a G7sus, and he played it. It was perfect. I’m assuming he played it: : –3– : –3– : –5– : –3– : –5– : –3– : I’ve also heard it suggested that you might mute the B string: : –3– : –x– : –5– : –3– : –5– : –3– : Harrison played a 12-string Rickenbacker on that song, which added to the fullness. Juber also commented that Harrison had studied jazz guitar and used lots of jazz chords and clever fingerings, not just "cowboy" chords. That G7sus chord, for example, would normally lead you back to a song in the key of C, but the song is in G. Fun little tidbits…

Anonymous

Has anyone ever asked Paul McCartney about it? Seems to me he’s the obvious person to ask and is most likely to know the answer! Also, on the subject of the chords to A Hard Day’s Night, I think most guitar tabs I’ve seen may give the wrong chords to the 2nd half of the bridge (When I’m home, etc.). They always say it’s: G, Em, C, D, but to my ears, it sound like: G, C/E bass, A/C# bass, D. Anyone else out there hear it that way????

Anonymous

Regarding the 2nd half of the bridge, try G, Em, C7 D7 (you might want to mess with different inversions (most likely x32310 and x00212)- On the first of the 2 bridges, it sounds like the bass briefly hits an A against the C7 (sounds nice) but then plays a C against the C7 in the 2nd bridge… : Has anyone ever asked Paul McCartney about it? Seems to me he’s the obvious person to ask and is most likely to know the answer! Also, on the subject of the chords to A Hard Day’s Night, I think most guitar tabs I’ve seen may give the wrong chords to the 2nd half of the bridge (When I’m home, etc.). They always say it’s: G, Em, C, D, but to my ears, it sound like: G, C/E bass, A/C# bass, D. Anyone else out there hear it that way????

Anonymous

Response to the response..It has been suggested that the opening chord was the D7sus with the G added. Pretty tricky on a six string let along a twelve string. Then the suggestion that the A string is muted. Nope..there is definatly an A in the voicing. I still convinced that there is more than one instrument, guitar, piano, 2 guitars..I lean on the guitar, plus piano theory. Since piano was used in the instrumental break, and the combination of 2 guitars playing a variation of either the D7sus or G7sus4 would clash. The chord sounds too clean to me for that to be the case..whatever..

Anonymous

I think it’s two guitars playing two different chords. A socalled "polychord". : Response to the response..It has been suggested that the opening chord was the D7sus with the G added. Pretty tricky on a six string let along a twelve string. Then the suggestion that the A string is muted. Nope..there is definatly an A in the voicing. I still convinced that there is more than one instrument, guitar, piano, 2 guitars..I lean on the guitar, plus piano theory. Since piano was used in the instrumental break, and the combination of 2 guitars playing a variation of either the D7sus or G7sus4 would clash. The chord sounds too clean to me for that to be the case..whatever..

Anonymous

I have the luxury of listening to a couple of the first takes of the song when the Beatles are still rehearsing their parts individually. Here’s what I hear: George Harrison, playing his Rick 360/12, is playing a Dm11. From low to high that’s X00213. John Lennon is playing his Gibson Acoustic in a variation of G major 320033. Paul is playing octaves on his bass…D. Now George Martin is also filling in on the piano with I don’t know what. Ringo Starr is striking the snare with a quick bang. That’s the essense of the big sound you hear at the head of the song.

Anonymous

im wondering if there is any difference in the order i plug in to my stomp boxes. what should come first? last? ect… Right now i go through a Vox wah, into a ibanez GE-10 eq, then a Danelectro chorus. to switch from clean to lead, all i use is the channel pedal that came with my marshall 3203 artist head. any suggestions or helpful wedsites out there? thanks all

Anonymous

I’d go Guitar-WAH-amp, then in the send/return loop i’d go send-Chorus-EQ-return.

Anonymous

hi, I´m from Spain and I would like you to try give me differents good sounds for this processor.. thank you too much. Martin #91#

Anonymous

Anyone know the age of my squier strat? serial no. E639288

Anonymous

Definitely 1986.

Anonymous

download free band-in-a-box! go to http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/biabfsg

Anonymous

looking for instructional booklet for Tubefusion [TF] 700 120 watt head and box

Anonymous

Question about Rewiring a strat input jack.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Question about Rewiring a strat input jack.

Anonymous

I NEED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLOYD ROSE II

This popular thread has been given its own page : I NEED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLOYD ROSE II

Anonymous

Could someone give relevant info on playing rifts please

Anonymous

: Could someone give relevant info on playing rifts please Do you mean ‘riffs’? To tell you the truth, most guitarists either make up their own or sit down with a recording of their favorite riffs and a 4 track (today you can use a digital software recorder and a recording in "wav" format, my favorite way). Slow the riffs way down and learn them. Or learn to read tab and buy some commercially available transcriptions (containing leads) of your favorite music. The tone-deaf (like me) had to learn scales and modes and how they function witin give a key. Then you can apply your riffs to any song in any key. That’s how I learned. I’m not one who playing lead came natural to. But today I’m a happily employed professional today. Courtney

Anonymous

: : Could someone give relevant info on playing rifts please : Do you mean ‘riffs’? To tell you the truth, most guitarists either make up their own or sit down with a recording of their favorite riffs and a 4 track (today you can use a digital software recorder and a recording in "wav" format, my favorite way). Slow the riffs way down and learn them. Or learn to read tab and buy some commercially available transcriptions (containing leads) of your favorite music. The tone-deaf (like me) had to learn scales and modes and how they function witin given key. Then you can apply your riffs to any song in any key. : That’s how I learned. I’m not one who playing lead came natural to. But today I’m a happily employed professional today. : Courtney

Anonymous

: Could someone give relevant info on playing rifts please Hi. Rifts, well … ever played in a jazz band where you got to just "go" for a while on your own? It’s a beautiful thing. I recommend a few ideas below but there are many ways to anwser this question and it would be easier if you were here to hear. Practice little sections of great-sounding ditties separately, add a few together, practice ’til its fluid (if you make a mistake while practicing go over and over and over to correct the error and then try from the beginning with the well-practiced bit). Listen out for nice sounding long sections of playing, try to emulate what you hear on your own guitar, customise and hey, you have a rif

Anonymous

want to know approximate value…probably made in early to mid 80’s

Anonymous

I have at least found j.b.player guitars website(MBT international.com. I thought that their Hondo guitar was a beginner model and the j.b.player was at least a decent guitar(by reputation). I did receive the 12-string model that was discontinued for a newer model and it sounds great to me. It has good tone,good resonance and for $149.95 I think I got a good deal. I have seen the same model on clearance for $289.95 on other sites.Any comments?

Anonymous

Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Recommended Seymour Duncan neck pickup for Frusciante sound?

Anonymous

Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Quest Atak 10. Need info,Help please!

Anonymous

hi, iv got myself a zoom505ii and hav made a few of my own programs on it. but i want 2 know the settings 2 giv me a good punk sound. thanks

Anonymous

Hi!..i´d really liked to know how 2 get a good punk sound..please mail me.

Anonymous

I’m a beginner with the guitar, and I’m going to buy my first electric one this summer. can anyone email me with the basics of what I need to get, and what the best brands are? ([email protected])

Anonymous

: I’m a beginner with the guitar, and I’m going to buy my first electric one this summer. can anyone email me with the basics of what I need to get, and what the best brands are? ([email protected]) I personaly recomend buying a nice guitar right off the bat. I do agree with the other guy that said Ibanez but really I would recomend either a Fender American Strat or tele. You can pick them up for around 800 new or around 400 used if you just shop around. The Tex-mex fenders are also very good. Unless you get a really nice epiphone I would call it a waste of money because I personally find their tone poor and their action terrible. G&L are also very nice.

Anonymous

A lot of people will argue with me, but the best guitar for a beginer to get who does not want to spend a lot of money, is IBANEZ. Fender lower end just sucks, epiphone is goin downhill fast even gibsons new stoks pretty well sucks. An RG series ibanez is the best bang for your buck. as far as amps go plenty of companies make a 15watt solidstate with distortion/overdrive for under 100 bucks. And, really it does not make a big difference wich one you get, they all sound terrible.

Anonymous

I was wondering if someone could help in estimating the value or identifying the model of an old Takamine guitar. It was stolen a few days ago and I need and estimate to give to my insurance company. The acoustic guitar was bought in 1975 for approximately $400 and no records identifying the type or serial number are left at my disposal. The body is shaped like the FXC and NEX(if there’s a difference I could not tell) shapes of your guitars on the website, and is a steel six-stringed model with no pickup. It is fairly simple in design, black pic gaurd and "Takamine" written accross the top like on the EAN60C, a light tan front and a darker brown color in the back. One detail I remember is that the bridge material seemed to be real bone, just the piece that touches the strings of course. The sound quality was phenomenal. I really want to be sure to get the amount deserved in hopes of maybe buying another Takamine. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

Can someone give me a ball park figure as to what this is worth?

Anonymous

help, i can't re-string my kahler

This popular thread has been given its own page : help, i can’t re-string my kahler

Anonymous

any female guitarist thats under 20 and is willin to travel.you don’t have to have alot of experience like one or 2 years. will be doing covers but will be makin our own music. our style is from metal to soft rock. we like almost any style of music. we usually practice in a studio. we do stuff from staind,linkin park,papa roach,stp,incubus,foo fighter too hard stuff like static-x,system of a down,pantera,disturbed,if your in the queens or brooklyn or whatever area. halla back at me

Anonymous

Hey I’m a female classical guitarist, been playing all my life. I can play pretty much anything, but I need the music for it. Still need a guitarist (female, that is, I’m 19). Is it an all female band? Nick Ross

Anonymous

i just started playing, and i got a guitar strap, but i don’t know how to put it on. help!!!

Anonymous

first set it up to the guitar,,,,,then make a circle with the strap,,,,,,,put your hed in the cicle so the strap is resting on your shoulder,,,,then the strap should go around your neck and down your chest,,,,,,then push your right hand forward the strap should fall behind your right shoulder and this is how to hold your guitar!!!!

Anonymous

haa… when I first saw "then make a circle with the strap,,,,,,,put your hed in the cicle"… I got a good laugh, but glad the advice didn’t go where I was thinking. Sometime a guitar has strap locks on it and the person who gets it dosen’t have the mating ends and gets ‘confused’ cuz it dosen’t have regular strap posts (or none at all). : first set it up to the guitar,,,,,then make a circle with the strap,,,,,,,put your hed in the cicle so the strap is resting on your shoulder,,,,then the strap should go around your neck and down your chest,,,,,,then push your right hand forward the strap should fall behind your right shoulder and this is how to hold your guitar!!!!

Anonymous

my guitar strap only has 2 holes on each end. on the right side of the guitar is a pin. but the side near the neck dosnt, how does it hook on????

Anonymous

GIBSON SERIAL NUMBERS

This popular thread has been given its own page : GIBSON SERIAL NUMBERS

Anonymous

i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!! go to tabcrawler.com for tabs or fretplay.com

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

hey i got a cheap accoustic and wish to learn how to play and read tabs better

Anonymous

OK, im a begginer that needs lots of help i have a crate guitar and i dont really know my signs like h / and so far so please help me and i need to start small becouse im a slow lerner so can you please help me thanxs

Anonymous

OK, im a begginer that needs lots of help i have a crate guitar and i dont really know my signs like h / and so far so please help me and i need to start small becouse im a slow lerner so can you please help me thanxs

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

¥: : i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play like for linkin park and nirvana for bass guitar i know im a begginer but i can play chop suey for system of a down on my bass but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!¥

Anonymous

hey. i just got my guitar on christmas and im trying to teach myself and see what i can do , but thats not going all so well.. would u please send me some begginer tabs to get me started so i can play harder music like anything rock.

Anonymous

HI my name is Matthew and I was wundering if you could send me some begginer tabs so that I can learn some of the basics of guitar!THANKS!

Anonymous

: HI my name is ryan and I was wundering if you could send me some begginer tabs so that I can learn some of the basics of guitar!THANKS!

Anonymous

: HI my name is Matthew and I was wundering if you could send me some begginer tabs so that I can learn some of the basics of guitar!THANKS! The white stripes Seven nation army, 5-5-8-5-3-1-0

Anonymous

HI my name is Matthew and I was wundering if you could send me some begginer tabs so that I can learn some of the basics of guitar!THANKS!

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a washburn pro and i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play soem really easy stuff butti wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,, i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

I am a beginer i have a fender squire and i am hoping for tabs that you could send me for begineres.

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a begginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

I am 12 years old and have a fender sratacaster i am only a begginer and can only play old crappy songs like appachi i need some begginer tabs to get me goin mainly new stuff like nu metal and stuff

Anonymous

Dude ne1 Know some easy blink 182 tabs

Anonymous

: I am 12 years old and have a fender i am only a begginer and can only play old crappy songs like appachi i need some begginer tabs to get me goin mainly new stuff like nu metal and stuff

Anonymous

: : i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a begginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

: : : I have a red stradicaster guitar i want to play evanescence music and crazy train<the song>. I’M A HUGE EVANESCENCE FAN!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender squier and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginer should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

: : i am a beginer guitarist and have a fender Squire and a cheap acoustic! i like nirvana and then heavy stuff,,,,i am asking for tabs that a beginner should be able to play i can play come as you are and the smells like teen spirit solo but i wanna be able to play more so can u pls help me!!!!!

Anonymous

Who knows something about Framus guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Who knows something about Framus guitars?

Anonymous

Hi, i know nothing about effects at all: Can anyone could tell me what the difference is between pedals and the box processor things? Or do you buy them together…?? I want something that has a nice sound to go with my Tanglewood Pioneer and (imminently) a Marshall MG 100 W. Just basic sounds, nothing fancy!!! I play mostly Satriani, Knopfler,- bit of everything, BUT i love knopfler’s sound most. THANKYOU!!!

Anonymous

Does anyone know where to find text versions of decent patches for the Roland GT6?

Anonymous

: Does anyone know where to find text versions of decent patches for the Roland GT6?, a brutal distorcion Cynic like

Anonymous

Frank Zappa 1988 stage guitar a Strat or Ibanez?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Frank Zappa 1988 stage guitar a Strat or Ibanez?

Anonymous

Question re: pre-Samick Valley Arts. According to an article I read, Samick bought Valley Arts in ’93. Easy enough… but I need help/info re: the California Pro model. Was this one both pre & post Samick? I’ve seen pics of actual Valley Arts & the Samick "valley arts design" headstocks, but I’ve come accross a headstock that has large, orange font across most of the available space below the tuners that is VERY different from either of the other logo styles I’ve seen before. Also has a blue & orange globe-type logo on the "ball" part of the headstock where the typical Valley Arts logo would normally be. Any help in the matter is appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

looking for 70’s SVT cab, also looking for hard or softshell case for same.

Anonymous

Marshall Valvestate 8040 or Laney PL 50 ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marshall Valvestate 8040 or Laney PL 50 ?

Anonymous

GENERALLY WHICH TYPE OF CAB WILL GIVE ME MORE BASS: 2X12 or 4X10? THIS IS FOR GUITAR NOT BASS GUITAR.

Anonymous

in answer to your question, a 2×12 should give you a lower extention of bass, but !! a 4×10 might sound a bit bigger (if the 2×12 and 4×10 cabs are of similar sixe) but this will be down to a more prominent mid range, ive tried both and i chose the 2×12 for the most bottom end. good luck

Anonymous

i reckon using a cab with 4 x 12 celestion cones would be the best, i also suggest using Vintage 30 cones as the frequency response is 70Hz – 5KHz, at 60 Watt RMS, obviously far bassier than a cone rated at 100Hz, but hey that’s just my opinion

Anonymous

HELP!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP!

Anonymous

A challenge

This popular thread has been given its own page : A challenge

Anonymous

I USED TO BE A DRUMMER IN A BAND AND NOW I AM A GUITARIST/VOCALIST AND I THINK I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK, WHAT ARE SOME METHODS YOU GUYS USE TO WRITE SONGS

Anonymous

well, I was a drummer too, but I also always played guitar on my own. Now I play guitar in a band. Well I dont think there’s a standard rule to write a song (music or lyrics).It depends on how you feel and on how is your way to be in relationship with music. Well, when I "create" a music for a song, most of the times I have already the riff on my mind!I have only to "translate it " with my guitar!Other times instead, while I am playin "randomly" just 4 fun, it happens that I "match" a good riff.My advice is to try to find out which is your personal way to be in touch with music.

Anonymous

Dude, it’s always the kiss of death when the drummer says ‘guys, i’d really love to sing.’ But seriously, you can learn a lot and be inspired by jamming and writing with another person. Also, find some songs you like and tinker with them – maybe change the tempo, new lyrics, throw in or take out a chord – you’ll get inspired somewhere along the line. I write the occasional tune. I also play drums/sample sequencing. I’m not too bad with choruses, but fall a bit flat on the rest. Personally, I get the rhytmn going and use any samples I think make a useful hook. From there on in, it’s a slow but methodical layering of various samples and noises. Finally, it’s usually the case that your better ideas will happen away from the writing process. So either carry a little dictation recorder with you or work out a way of notating your ideas. Way long time ago I had a little melodic idea and it stuck in my head. I did screw all about it and let it go. Then after a couple of years I heard pretty much the same thing on a very popular album. I laughed and got back to my beer. And no, I ain’t gonna say which band as I’ll only come across as a bit of an idiot. It did happen tho… : I USED TO BE A DRUMMER IN A BAND AND NOW I AM A GUITARIST/VOCALIST AND I THINK I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK, WHAT ARE SOME METHODS YOU GUYS USE TO WRITE SONGS

Anonymous

its easy you think of sum thing u care about or hate and put words into it.:-)

Anonymous

Chemicals… lots of chemicals!!! : I USED TO BE A DRUMMER IN A BAND AND NOW I AM A GUITARIST/VOCALIST AND I THINK I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK, WHAT ARE SOME METHODS YOU GUYS USE TO WRITE SONGS

Anonymous

doesn’t work. tried it. : Chemicals… lots of chemicals!!! : : I USED TO BE A DRUMMER IN A BAND AND NOW I AM A GUITARIST/VOCALIST AND I THINK I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK, WHAT ARE SOME METHODS YOU GUYS USE TO WRITE SONGS

Anonymous

Hi, Does anybody know anything about a Lyle Guitar. The sticker inside says model # is 1232t. It is a beautiful guitar and I am curious about it. Thanks Ann

Anonymous

: Hi, Does anybody know anything about a Lyle Guitar. The sticker inside says model # is 1232t. It is a beautiful guitar and I am curious about it. Thanks Ann Hi Ann, I just won an "unknown" 12-string on eBay that turns out to be a Lyle. I see in the Blue Book of Electric Guitars that they were made 1969-1980 in Japan by the Matsumoku Company, who also was making Aria / Aria and also Epiphone guitars during the early 1970’s. I’d love to see a pic of yours, I have a pic and can tell you more about mine once it arrives in a few days. Rob

Anonymous

Ladies and Gentlemen: I trust your judgement and need your help/advice. First, which wah pedal might you recommend for my violin, a Fender FV-1 electric but also an accoustic with a Barcus-Berry pickup? Secondly, I was at somebody’s house but now can’t reach them. This guy had a box mounted on a rack that he patched his guitar through. It had the words "Jam___" on the front and allowed him to loop himself over and over and jam, essentially, with himself! I thought this is wonderful for ear training, and I’m looking for the same unit or the software equivalent. Please help. Thanks! Last, I want to hook my fiddle to my amp with wireless instead of cord to amp. What is the gear for this? Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Have you guys ever heard anything about the hangar hooks made by these guys(girls?)??? I found this website during a search and was wondering if anyone else has tried these hooks. They look pretty cool and i was thinking about buying a few to hang my axes on. <a href="http://www.geocities.com/guitarhangers/rtdesigns_main.html">http://www.geocities.com/guitarhangers/rtdesigns_main.html</a&gt;

Anonymous

Sorry, don’t know anything about these hangers. But, I’m offering my own on my web site at: http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/ Mine are designed to hang two guitars or basses, and are made out of pieces of wood cut from guitar/bass body blanks that I have left over in my shop. I also can make versions to hang 3 guitars, or more if required. They’re strong and easy to mount on any wall surface, and padded to protect the neck’s finish. Later, Bill Wilkat Guitars

Anonymous

Yasuki

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yasuki

Anonymous

Hi, i like warm acoustic guitars, but my wallet does not allow me to spend $ 1000 or more on a gibson… what about epiphone guitars, are they any good? or a middle-priced martin is always better? (my dream guitar is the gibson J 160)? thanks Steve

Anonymous

I don’t rate them. Seagulls are the best budget-mid priced acoustic guitar maker at the moment. The S6 is magnificent.

Anonymous

A Seagull over a Martin (or Guild or Taylor), dude you are way too easy to please. Martin’s tone is far superior to a Seagull.

Anonymous

Umm…I know J.W. I was comparing to an Epiphone. Let’s be honest, there’s a bit of a gap inbetween the title post.

Anonymous

Best Stratocaster Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : Best Stratocaster Copy

Anonymous

I am really wanting to set myself off in the guitar tech seen but need help in what direction to go first ??

Anonymous

First, the word is ‘scene’ not seen. Secondly, research the internet for luthiers or guitar electronics, whichever is the one you’re thinking about.

Anonymous

I have this really odd small kay guitar I got off a friend who didn’t want it. It looks old, could be between the 60s and 80s. I have no info on it at all. It has a sunburst wood finish and silver metal pickups. It has a very powerful sound and seems to be a rythm guitar. It only has the Kay logo on the black plate at the front, NOT on the head though. The logo is "kay" in a circle. SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!!

Anonymous

Buckethead Tabs sit3s!!!!

Anonymous

Hi last christmas I bought a fernandes guitar from my local guitar shop. The guitar has a gibson stlye pickup arangement and works fine on the front pickup clean and distorted but the back pickup only works after strumming the strings realy hard and then when played with any ammount of distortion i get a wailing high pitched feedback that i can’t control. I took the guitar back and after both our local technitions playing with it for a couple of months and trying countless new pickups in it they still couldnt get it working. The guitar was then sent to someone in England (i live on a little island in the English channal called Guernsey) where they put authentic Gibson pickups in it and re potted them and it still has the same problems. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it cause i realy like this guitar and it sounds great on the front pickup its a shame that the back one is letting it down.

Anonymous

Hmm.Could be a bad POT or crappy cap or diod…uh,the little thingy wired between pots.

Anonymous

I have no idea other than a pickup problem…. especially after all the people you have bought it to, and other pickups you have tried…. so it must be in the wiring/’electornics’, get a schematic and check it out thouroughly… there really isn’t much to a guitar (electrically that is), and I’am really suprised a shop couldn’t take care of it, maybe the easiest way is to go back to the shop and trade it in for another (same make/model you like) that ‘works’. Well good luck! : Hi : last christmas I bought a fernandes guitar from my local guitar shop. The guitar has a gibson stlye pickup arangement and works fine on the front pickup clean and distorted but the back pickup only works after strumming the strings realy hard and then when played with any ammount of distortion i get a wailing high pitched feedback that i can’t control. I took the guitar back and after both our local technitions playing with it for a couple of months and trying countless new pickups in it they still couldnt get it working. The guitar was then sent to someone in England (i live on a little island in the English channal called Guernsey) where they put authentic Gibson pickups in it and re potted them and it still has the same problems. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it cause i realy like this guitar and it sounds great on the front pickup its a shame that the back one is letting it down.

Anonymous

Hope it isn’t in-appropriate to post a notice for a workshop that costs money to attend; On Tuesday July 9th 8:00pm to 10:00pm at the Kingston School of Music, Kingston Ontario Canada I will be hosting a workshop covering basic to advanced fingerstyle techniques used in classical, flamenco, Celtic, folk and other styles. The $35.00Can. fee includes a 22 page book/CD. Reply by e-mail at [email protected] to register. Jim Graham http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

Anonymous

I have a pair of JBL K-120 speakers. They need to be reconed and I’m wondering what their relative value might be, before and after reconing.

Anonymous

: I have a pair of JBL K-120 speakers. They need to be reconed and I’m wondering what their relative value might be, before and after reconing. Before they are reconed, figure $50 After a good recone, around $100 – ebay average is $95 for a good quality K-120. Hope this helps

Anonymous

I just listened to the "Rite of Strings" record (clarke, ponty, al), and loved it. Who other artists can you recommend for that kind of music?

Anonymous

Hey, I have differant opinions alot of people say that amps under and around 100 watt’s just arn’t loud enough. I have just a 100 watt combo amp with one 12" speaker and another 12" cab. I think that’s plenty loud I just am not happy with the tone so I am looking for a nice half stack. I know alt of amps with high wattage won’t really give you tone inless you crank it. I am thinking that the low wattage might help with keeping the tone at lower volume(it’s a solid state head). Anyways any and all opinions would help.. Thanx!!!!

Anonymous

Many artists are now running 50 watt heads as the places they play don’t allow them to really crank a 100 watt amp. 50 watts allows the valves to really sing. As for suggesting amps, thats hard not knowing what kind of music you play. Most good quality solid state amps sound great when played at all volume levels. The reason some amps only sound great at high volume is due to the need to really work the tubes. You don’t have this problem with solid state amps. A great new solid state amp head and cab is the Hughes and Kettner Warp 7. It is designed for the Nu-metal players and has heaps of distortion and pretty good tone. It also sounds great at low volume and is rated at 100 watts.

Anonymous

I sold my Carvin 100watt tube Vai Legacy, which had to be cranked, to buy a Vox Valvetronix. I LOVE the Vox. It has a switch on the back that switches the 2×12 combo from 1 watt, 15 watt, 30 watt, and 60 watts, all true stereo. And there ARE tubes in the power amp section, as well as all the "nice" effects you could want. And BUILT IN stomp boxes. And it cranks. It will also power a 4×12 8ohm cab, or even 2. Definatly check them out.

Anonymous

I concur. I just got myself the 1×12 Valvetronix, and it rocks. It probably the most versatile amp I’ve ever played on, and the tones are incredible. To say this is just an amp is a gross understatement. It is so much more!

Anonymous

I have also added a Valvetronix to my amps , I love it very responsive. By teh way , do you have son of you favorites user settings or do you know of a group that is exchanging setting sfor the Valvetronix? : I sold my Carvin 100watt tube Vai Legacy, which had to be cranked, to buy a Vox Valvetronix. I LOVE the Vox. It has a switch on the back that switches the 2×12 combo from 1 watt, 15 watt, 30 watt, and 60 watts, all true stereo. And there ARE tubes in the power amp section, as well as all the "nice" effects you could want. And BUILT IN stomp boxes. And it cranks. It will also power a 4×12 8ohm cab, or even 2. Definatly check them out.

Anonymous

Some ideas for lower wattage amps with good tone (and reasonable prices): -Fender PJ -Carr slant6v -DR Z -Traynor YGM-3 : Hey, : I have differant opinions alot of people say that amps under and around 100 watt’s just arn’t loud enough. I have just a 100 watt combo amp with one 12" speaker and another 12" cab. I think that’s plenty loud I just am not happy with the tone so I am looking for a nice half stack. I know alt of amps with high wattage won’t really give you tone inless you crank it. I am thinking that the low wattage might help with keeping the tone at lower volume(it’s a solid state head). Anyways any and all opinions would help.. Thanx!!!!

Anonymous

I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero, a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Anonymous

Check all the grounding/shielding first and try to isolate where thr RFI is ‘entering’… there are alot of ways to fix the problem depending on the source, the simplist is identifying the source then using using caps to shunt the RFI to ground, using balanced cables, a TI box… etc. : I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero, : a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Anonymous

How do you know where to "locate" the RFI problem? I too plug into my amp and – BAM! Radio noise!! How do you locate where RFI is "entering"? What does this mean: "using caps to shunt the RFI to ground"? Please HELP!!!!! Please send a C.C. to [email protected] Thanks : Check all the grounding/shielding first and try to isolate where thr RFI is ‘entering’… there are alot of ways to fix the problem depending on the source, the simplist is identifying the source then using using caps to shunt the RFI to ground, using balanced cables, a TI box… etc. : : : I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero, : : a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Anonymous

Hey, BO DIDDLEY Fans! BO DIDDLEY is to replace an indisposed KoKo Taylor at the BB King Blues Club And Grill, 237 West 42nd St., New York, NY this coming Thursday (June 20th). BB King is expected to perform on-stage with BO DIDDLEY during the evening’s performance, which is due to begin at 11.00pm. All tickets for the KoKo Taylor/BB King show originally scheduled on this date will still be honored. Further information and ticket details can be obtained by visiting the BB King Blues Club And Grill website at http://www.bbkingblues.com/ David Blakey, Webmaster BO DIDDLEY-The Originator http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/index.html A Celebration of his unique contribution to Popular Music.

Anonymous

does anybody know anything about this model year made who thay made them for or anything. thank you im thinking of geting one. scott

Anonymous

: does anybody know anything about this model year made who thay made them for or anything. thank you im thinking of geting one. scott I have one. I think they made them in 91-92 I have played 2 different examples.

Anonymous

Hey guys~ Anyone played through this head? If so, could you tell me about it? The pros and cons? Thanks guys, Niki

Anonymous

Anyone know where I can get pick-ups for the T-Bird. I got the axe with 2 shattered pick-ups. Been searching for 6 months without success. Thanks

Anonymous

anyone have an sg3000 they want to sell?

Anonymous

Can anyone give me an estimate of what this dual rectifier is worth and exactly how old it is. It has the normal Diamond plate on the front but under it all the dual rectifiers i’ve seen have a Black Faceplate with chrome knobs and red power light. This one has a Chrome Face plate with Black knobs and a blue power light.

Anonymous

ok, I wrote a long post and accidentally hit the "reset" button, so i’m gonna make this short. I have a BC Rich assassin with a floyd rose locking sysetm. It goes way out of tune even if i lightly tap the bridge or lightly bend notes. Ive ajusted a lot things on the guitar (trussrod, screws in back, bridge height…) but I cant find the source of my problem. Can someone please shed some light on my dilema? (I’d prefer that you email me at [email protected] because i probably wont check back here) thanks.

Anonymous

It may be that your strings are slipping throught the locking nut, or the post or edges on the trem are blunted and not sharp. The locking nut itself is not tight to the neck. Or it’s Floyde Rose "liscenced" trem. Which is a cheap knock off and because the metal it’s made of is lower quality, it just wont zero out EVERY time. If you can get hold of another Floyde to borrow, put it on your guitar and see if it does the same thing.

Anonymous

what do you think of richie sambora??

Anonymous

I am looking for DeArmond pickups for a 1967 Harmony guitar.

Anonymous

Any suppestion on nice humbucker in single copil format for a strat-neckposition?

Anonymous

The original configuration of my Gibson Blues Hawk is two P-90’s and a noise cancelling dummy coil without magnets in the middle wich is used in series when only one pick up is selected. The middle position of the pick up selector is just the two normal P-90’s in series. Will I loose output in the one P-90 + dummy-coil positions if I connect them in parallel?

Anonymous

i need a good but cheap amp

Anonymous

Get a Pod 2.0, then plug it into ANY or PA for great tone. Has built in effects and all. Great for recording too. Most professional guitarist use them at least some for recording. Even cheaper is the Johnson J Station. Not bad.

Anonymous

I’ll be very happy to find all informations about my acoustic-electric Hohner HEA-330 guitar.Please help me.

Anonymous

Has anyone heard anything good about these hooks? I was thinking about buying a few to hang my axes on. http://www.geocities.com/guitarhangers/rtdesigns_main.html thanks, dr eddie

Anonymous

Anyone have one in the studio and have feedback to share with regards to ease of use, effect of direct recording qaulity and overall effect upon studio speakers and such (heard this unit is hard on monitors)…\\TIA …Jay

Anonymous

Left Handed Fretless 5 String Bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Left Handed Fretless 5 String Bass

Anonymous

im in need of some new effects. im getting rid of my digitech rp-1, and am currently interested in single stomp boxes. i want a kick ass bluesy kinda sound, any ideas?

Anonymous

Have you seen Joe Satriani’s live in S.F. DVD? He does an interview and and goes over his stuff. Distortion pedal into clean Marshalls, 3 delay pedal, Chorus pedal, wha and wammy pedal, and some other goofy hendrix thing.

Anonymous

Hello, I’m looking for the sheet music for the latin romantic song "sabor a Mi" if anyone has it or knows how I can obtain it please email me thanks, star**

Anonymous

I belive that sheet music plus.com has it for about 3 or 5 $

Anonymous

: Hello, I’m looking for the sheet music for the latin romantic song "sabor a Mi" if anyone has it or knows how I can obtain it please email me thanks, monique

Anonymous

On the look out for Takamine Snate fe model guitar if anyone is selling please contact me at my email address [email protected] cheers

Anonymous

still looking? I have a great one for sale. Gordon 916-487-2017

Anonymous

I’m looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

Anonymous

: I am buyin my first electric guitar and i dont know what size to get!

Anonymous

One of teh best would be something like a Takamine Jasmine…look at some reviews

Anonymous

: I’m looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

Anonymous

I’d go with the AXL AG-700. Good quality woods and construction. It’s around $170.00 at: http://www.listenagainmusic.com so you’ll have enough left for a case. The case is important because if an acoustic sits out, when the weather changes it absorbs humidity/dries out too rapidly and can crack. : : I’m looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

Anonymous

hey there Recently i experienced proplems when i bend my high E string,from 12 fret to 17 fret-it completely chokes out where should i adjust it. please help it is a fender strat tex mex 1972 thanks.

Anonymous

: hey there : Recently i experienced proplems when i bend my high E : string,from 12 fret to 17 fret-it completely chokes out : where should i adjust it. please help : it is a fender strat tex mex 1972 thanks. The problem is commonly caused by swelling of the wood at the heel, and the truss rod adjustment will often not help for this. You may need to raise the bridge action, or have a professional luthier correct the probelm by filling the frets to fall away towards the body. If you take it to a pro, he’ll be able to explain all of this to you. You can also visit my web site at: http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/ for tips and explanations on neck set up and truss rod adjustments (go to the "guitar tips" section). Good luck, Bill

Anonymous

I need help getting my music heard !!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need help getting my music heard !!!

Anonymous

Right now I currently have a Squier bullet and I have had it for little more than a year. I am currently looking for a Ibanez with humbuckers and nice sound in the 400-600 dollar range.PLZ help

Anonymous

Anyone have experience with this equipment? what do you think of this particular piece?

Anonymous

I have a Groove Tubes 75 combo with two speaker outlets and an ohm selector switch. When connecting two 8 ohm speakers to this amp – do I get 4, 8 or 16 ohm? (is it series or paralell?) Regards, Espen

Anonymous

Usually speaker outlets are parallel, so you get 4 ohms. If you ever want to sell this amp, send me a mail.

Anonymous

Hey People I was wondering if any of you have the Line6 210??? If so is it a good amp??? Is it worth buying???

Anonymous

How much is my 85 Hohner arbor series worth?

Anonymous

: How much is my 85 Hohner arbor series worth? And the prices

Anonymous

Strat Plus Locking tuners

This popular thread has been given its own page : Strat Plus Locking tuners

Anonymous

t is a 1954 Gibson J-185 w/serial number A16590 in very good original condition with the exception of strings which have been replaced. There are no cracks nor have there been any repairs to the instument. Some minor scratches and nics from playing wear. Also some minor chips to the finish on the tuner area of the of the back of the peghead. There is also some minor play wear to the finish surrounding the sound hole. The original bill of sale dated back in 1955 accompanies the guitar as does a fibre case. Pictures available upon request. My father-in-law solicited my assistance in selling the guitar for his dear friend’s widow. She was not left with a great deal of resources in the estate settlement, but managed to show this guitar to my father-in-law. After some initial inquiries, we have determined that this particular guitar has a good desirability rating and would like to pursue different avenues of selling it and maximizing the return for her. Would anyone consider offering me your thoughts on how we may locate the right buyer for this instrument? We are both volunteering our time and effort to assist this widow and would appreciate any insight that you may have regarding this matter. Thank you for taking the time to review this information.

Anonymous

Does anyone have these pickups on their guitar? If so, I’d like to have comments on them cause I want to put 2 of these at middle and neck of my strat. to go with my hotrail at bridge.

Anonymous

If you want a nice traditional clean tone, you’re better off with the Vintage Stacks

Anonymous

Recherche valeur ARIA Pro II Super Twin ( 4 / 6 )

This popular thread has been given its own page : Recherche valeur ARIA Pro II Super Twin ( 4 / 6 )

Anonymous

The seller says it is rare. Mahongany, Made in Japan. Excellent Condition. Priced at $480. Martin headstock Anyone want to help me make a decision to buy? I need assistance. Possibly a Father’s Day gift. Please respond asap.

Anonymous

I have an ibanez s470 floyd rose.I have no clue as of how to fix the bridge.Its all messed up.The guitar is so out of tune its horrble.Could someone tell me how to fix that?I brought it to the shop.They gave it back to me,and all they did was restring it.whats with that?thanks

Anonymous

Don’t know why the shop wouldn’t tune it too, but heres a site that explains a FR setup pretty good: http://www.homeguitarrepair.com/tremolo/tremolo1.html They can be frustrating to set up at first, but once you get the ‘hang’ of it, it’s not hard at all. : I have an ibanez s470 floyd rose.I have no clue as of how to fix the bridge.Its all messed up.The guitar is so out of tune its horrble.Could someone tell me how to fix that?I brought it to the shop.They gave it back to me,and all they did was restring it.whats with that?thanks

Anonymous

You may find the guidance you’re looking for on my web site at: http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/ Go to the "Guitar Tips" section, and click on the articles for whammy bars. Shops often have an in-house guy to do simple stuff, but they should have done more than just put new strings on (like setting the intonnation, and the action). Seek out a local luthier if you still have problems later. Good luck, Bill

Anonymous

I have a yamaha 1221ms metallic blue and I bought it for 200 dollars. Since the person didn’t know too much about yamaha guitars he sold it for that little. If you are still wanting to sell your yamaha 1221, I know someone who wants it. If you can just send me some pictures via the internet to my email address, I can probably get him to pay $300 for it depending it he likes the color and condition. thanks

Anonymous

I am going to buy my first electric guitar and i can’t decide between Epiphone SG special and Yamaha RGX121 for about same amount of money, can anyone help? P.S. Other suggestions r also welcome.

Anonymous

I realy like the Yamaha RGX121 but i cant find it for a good price

Anonymous

hkfu ikghk gh

Anonymous

I realy like the Yamaha RGX121 but i cant find it for a good price

Anonymous

I own several guitars in the over $1000 range. But I also own a $300 ESP. I don’t have any problems with the ESP LTD. I also own a Samick, no probs there either. I’d recommend either of those.

Anonymous

All I can suggest is just try em both (and others) and the one you like the best buy. : I am going to buy my first electric guitar and i can’t decide between Epiphone SG special and Yamaha RGX121 for about same amount of money, can anyone help? : P.S. Other suggestions r also welcome.

Anonymous

Epiphone pick ups can be a let down. The often squeal at high volume. The guitars themselves are well made. I would say, out of the 2 guitars, go for the yamaha. Great quality usually.

Anonymous

Thought I would share this great article on Mastering by Artist/Producer Jeff Murphy. Here is the link: http://www.geargenie.com/articles/jeff_murphy_051602%5B2%5D.html

Anonymous

Anybody know anything about this guitar?

Anonymous

I’m looking around to buy a small combo amp, about 30w.I know amps/guitars come down to personal preferencies but I’d like anyone’s opinion on what’s good and what’s not!

Anonymous

Hey everyone, i have gotten into punk music recently, and i have been messing round and i cant find a good sounding one from bands like green day. thanks.’ cheers brad

Anonymous

Go to the line 6 website… there are patches for green day and most other bands, or links to patch sites…. and I find changing cab parameter helps (like "modern high gain #2′ w/line 6 2×12 cab, these are off a FTII though). : Hey everyone, : i have gotten into punk music recently, and i have been messing round and i cant find a good sounding one from bands like green day. thanks.’ : cheers : brad

Anonymous

: I agree green day is just "skateboard pop" (and your explanation of them), and coming up from the punk scene over 20 years ago the term punk is used very loosely today, more to describe a style than an attitude/lifestyle… but hey who cares, guess green day could be considered punk against nsync and stuff like that… and the fact is they are successful… very successful… so you gotta give anyone credit for that, even if you don’t like what they are… they made it, when you do most will say the same about you. : The guy is lucky he has a spyder already, alot more than others have/can afford starting out and way more versitale than any 30 watt amp out there (even w/pedals and all)… Now is the learning curve to figure it out… I’ve been using FT-II Heads and amps for over 3 years and like them alot, I’am not a fan of downloading a patch for anything to sound like someone else but the ability to save a ‘sound’ you have come up for later reference I find invaluable… just store it on the PC w/notes.. you can’t beat it when you do alot of recording…. ever find that great tone at 3am after closing when totally wasted and the next day just can’t ‘get it’ ??? : So the point was (after typing all that crap), I was gonna put my green day ‘comment’ in the original post, but figured this was a place to help people out… so I just put the info I thought would do that… and snickered to myself. : So lets just get along… long .. stick 🙂 Hey, it’s cool that a band like like Green Day can make something their own (well, sort of their own) and have it sell. I would never trash that. But, my problem with them, and most other bands who try it, is that they try to sell themselves as somthing they’re not. They’re a power pop trio, and I dig that, but they try to pass themselves off on MTV as a ‘punk’ band. That gives people the wrong idea about what the music, and culture as whole, are. THAT is my problem with bands like Blink 182, Green Day, NFG, and others. About the equipment I descibed. When we play a gig, which is hard for a band with that has members under 18, I find that using a lower amp has distinct advantages. First of all, you can put the volume up around 7 and then mic the amp, so the audience gets a better mix of vocals and instruments. And with the pedals, that always boils down to personal preference, but I find the setup I described follows that important life motto (Keep It Simple Stupid) and allows for great versatility.

Anonymous

No way in hell will Green Day or any of those other bands mentioned ever be punk. Punk is used way to loosely nowadays and its bullshit. Real punk still exists but is an endangered species. Such punk bands that are new nowadays are The Casualties, The Unseen, Clit 45, Toxic Narcotic, Caustic Christ, Aus Rotten, A Global Threat, The Exploited, The Adicts, Total Chaos, and the list goes on and on forever. So those other bands are completely pop bullshit and should die for trying to call themselves punk

Anonymous

: Go to the line 6 website… there are patches for green day and most other bands, or links to patch sites…. and I find changing cab parameter helps (like "modern high gain #2′ w/line 6 2×12 cab, these are off a FTII though). : : : Hey everyone, : : i have gotten into punk music recently, and i have been messing round and i cant find a good sounding one from bands like green day. thanks.’ : : cheers : : brad Just for your reference, Green Day are not a punk band. They’re a group of pop stars who, apparently after watching to many James Dean movies, think acting rebellious will make them more appealing to the large underground music scene, which would in turn boost they’re record sales. If you want to listen to real "punk" music check out Rancid, AFI, Dropkick Murphys, Operation Ivy, Propaghandi, the Distillers, the Vandals, ect. Back to your initial question: If you want to get a good sounding setup that works for just about ANY style of play, hook youself up with a 30 watt amp (doesnt have to be a great one), a fuzz pedal, a chorus, a flanger, and a reveb pedal. I sing lead vocals and play "support guitar" in my band, and that simple little setup is very versatile. (Yes, it works very well for punk.)

Anonymous

I agree green day is just "skateboard pop" (and your explanation of them), and coming up from the punk scene over 20 years ago the term punk is used very loosely today, more to describe a style than an attitude/lifestyle… but hey who cares, guess green day could be considered punk against nsync and stuff like that… and the fact is they are successful… very successful… so you gotta give anyone credit for that, even if you don’t like what they are… they made it, when you do most will say the same about you. The guy is lucky he has a spyder already, alot more than others have/can afford starting out and way more versitale than any 30 watt amp out there (even w/pedals and all)… Now is the learning curve to figure it out… I’ve been using FT-II Heads and amps for over 3 years and like them alot, I’am not a fan of downloading a patch for anything to sound like someone else but the ability to save a ‘sound’ you have come up for later reference I find invaluable… just store it on the PC w/notes.. you can’t beat it when you do alot of recording…. ever find that great tone at 3am after closing when totally wasted and the next day just can’t ‘get it’ ??? So the point was (after typing all that crap), I was gonna put my green day ‘comment’ in the original post, but figured this was a place to help people out… so I just put the info I thought would do that… and snickered to myself. So lets just get along… long .. stick 🙂 : : Just for your reference, Green Day are not a punk band. : They’re a group of pop stars who, apparently after watching to many James Dean movies, think acting rebellious will make them more appealing to the large underground music scene, which would in turn boost they’re record sales. If you want to listen to real "punk" music check out Rancid, AFI, Dropkick Murphys, Operation Ivy, Propaghandi, the Distillers, the Vandals, ect. : Back to your initial question: If you want to get a good sounding setup that works for just about ANY style of play, hook youself up with a 30 watt amp (doesnt have to be a great one), a fuzz pedal, a chorus, a flanger, and a reveb pedal. I sing lead vocals and play "support guitar" in my band, and that simple little setup is very versatile. (Yes, it works very well for punk.)

Anonymous

ya i am pretty lame i kno…….but where are these patchs located i looked around the site a bit but i couldnt find them. im not to good with this kind of stuff so could u point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

No problem… you’ll get used to it… thie discussion/transfer libs are under "the lup" menu item at: http://www.line6.com/Main/The_LUP/the_lup.cfm : ya i am pretty lame i kno…….but where are these patchs located i looked around the site a bit but i couldnt find them. im not to good with this kind of stuff so could u point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Are westbury les paul copies any good?

Anonymous

who is the best: Angus Young or Ritchie Blackmore

Anonymous

: who is the best: Angus Young or Ritchie Blackmore Angus Young Hands down

Anonymous

Someone just gave me a Montana Model #M18-WN. Made in Korea by Kaman Music Corporation. Serail #804649. 6 string acoustic. Any information would be appreciated.

Anonymous

:I was given a Montana Guitar made in Korea from the Kaman Music Company. The serial # is 155335. What is the year and what is it worth?

Anonymous

I have a Montana Model #M18-WN. Made in Korea by Kaman Music Corporation. Serial #803589. 6 string acoustic. Dark brown body and neck. I also have a chipboard case. Any information would be appreciated. thank you

Anonymous

Around $50 I’d say.

Anonymous

Old Framus

This popular thread has been given its own page : Old Framus

Anonymous

Why do all you people have so much trouble with the guitar?!? There’s 22 frets and six strings, get with the program!!!

Anonymous

why don’t both of you get the picture…..this isn’t just a forum For electric guitars…..you Forgot Bass guitars……and they have 4,5,6,7,or 12 string bass guitars….haha…..gotcha The Great Chimaera

Anonymous

I agree.. except for 22 frets, most mine have 24 and some acoustics 12-15… etc… etc… so get with the program too. : Why do all you people have so much trouble with the guitar?!? There’s 22 frets and six strings, get with the program!!!

Anonymous

If anyone could help, I have a Kay guitar (K18-6615) but can’t find any information on it. Could you point me in the right direction or help me in any way? Your help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

HELP! Do you remember this guitar from the 80's??

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP! Do you remember this guitar from the 80’s??

Anonymous

Are professional model Takamine guitars (ie. their top-end models) used by many pros? How do they compared to a hand crafted Martin costing two or three times as much? Are they the best in their price range, but lacking in the tonal/harmonic subtleties of a professional Gibson or a Martin? Thanks, Jack

Anonymous

How about a year on a Guild. SER# AD521920?? Thanks~R~

Anonymous

Looks like a 1997 DV52.

Anonymous

Help….my guitar is in pieces!! I bought 2 SD humbuckers for my Sheraton. Traditionally, the stock pickups are pretty weak. The Sheraton has no access panel on the back. (Not a good thing). Anyway….I just need to know where to ground the green & bare wires. There is "shielding" on the existing guitar pickup wires. I think the shielding is grounded, but not really sure. Do you know? Thanks……Dave

Anonymous

Just dropping a reminder that we’re doing the "Guitar Gods" interview series over at TinFoil Music Magazine (http://music.tinfoil.net). The introduction plus 2 interviews (Joel Wanasek & Michael Hedges [RIP]) have already run…interviews with Grammy winner Steve Stevens (of Billy Idol), Jennifer Batten, Francesco Fareri, Stevie Salas, Grant Young, The Great Kat, and others are soon to follow. There will also be contests giving away free CDs and other merchandise. If any of you know someone else we should interview, feel free to respond here or drop us a line directly. THANX!!! — DM McLean TinFoil.Music

Anonymous

Don’t forget the "other" greats. Like Satchriani, Vai, Petrucci, Johnson, Moorse, Beck, Van Halen………

Anonymous

My regular drummer can’t make it that night, and I need someone who’s knows "the songs". We do straight blues. Doesn’t pay much, but it’s a great place & you’ll get a chance to meet a lot of new (good) musicians. We’ll also be jamming for the third set, so bring your guitar player! I’ll be auditioning this comming Tuesday, 6/11/02 at the Gallery Cabaret, 2020 N. Oakley, 1blk N. of Armitage, just east of Western. Ask for Art. I’m the harp player with the house band. Peace, Love, Dope, Sex, Flowers & all that other hippie shit, Art

Anonymous

I have an early 1960,s Framus 12 string made in Bavaria colour red and black maple neck F shape cut outs 2 volume and tone controls movable bridge and hard to tune any info on said guitar much appreciated

Anonymous

hi my name is kristalynn…and my boyfriend has a 12 string framus from the 1969-1970 and he is missing a piece to it i think its the bridge does anyone know where u can gets parts for that guitar???..please e-mail me.. [email protected] thanks

Anonymous

For Sale: Yamaki FOLK Deluxe AY# 331 acoustic guitar. Very good condition. Pictures at: http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kinkbiker0 click on "stuff". Also an El Degas electric guitar. I do not have any pictures of it at the moment. It is also in very good condition (other than a few light scratches). It is costomized with three pickups. It is midnight blue. Please do not post here. Email offers to: [email protected] No reasonable offer turned down. Thank you.

Anonymous

For Sale: Yamaki FOLK Deluxe AY# 331 acoustic guitar. Very good condition. Pictures at: http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kinkbiker0 click on "stuff". Also an El Degas electric guitar. I do not have any pictures of it at the moment. It is also in very good condition (other than a few light scratches). It is costomized with three pickups. It is midnight blue. Please do not post here. Email offers to: [email protected] No reasonable offer turned down. Thank you.

Anonymous

They are giving away a Randall setup and Ozzy tix, new contest. FYI

Anonymous

Washburn Guitar Giveaway click link for info

Anonymous

vintage epiphone acoustic guitar model FT 120

This popular thread has been given its own page : vintage epiphone acoustic guitar model FT 120

Anonymous

Epiphone accoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone accoustic guitar

Anonymous

I need circuit diagrams for the Dallas Arbiter Sound City 120R Mark 4 Thanks v much

Anonymous

I urgently need schematics for a Dallas Arbiter Sound City 120R Mark 4 PA – many thanks

Anonymous

: I urgently need schematics for a Dallas Arbiter Sound City 120R Mark 4 PA – many thanks I’ve got them.

Anonymous

Has anyone heard anything bad with this model guitar.. any input appreciated. If you could email be back at [email protected]

Anonymous

Hello, I have had a GT-3 for a while now, but all the patches I have made just miss what I try to capture when i’m in our worship band at church. I have been struggling and need help. If anyone has GT-3 patches for worship i could get, that would be greatly appreciated. Especially any with a Kendel Combs (Passion/Charlie Hall guitarist) sound, but anything will help. Thank you so much for your help. Justin Stanton

Anonymous

Hello, I’ve played in a worship band several years and now I’ve buyed an GT-3. I wonder why You still need more patches. There are a lot of good Presets. For Worship You need a clean Sound, a Chorus (clean JC-120), a crunchy Sound (eg. Vintage OD) and maybe some lead Sounds (BG Lead, Metal Dist…). If You have any questions write on my E-Mail-adress. I can send you some patches. Waldemar Martens : Hello, : I have had a GT-3 for a while now, but all the patches I have made just miss what I try to capture when i’m in our worship band at church. I have been struggling and need help. If anyone has GT-3 patches for worship i could get, that would be greatly appreciated. Especially any with a Kendel Combs (Passion/Charlie Hall guitarist) sound, but anything will help. Thank you so much for your help. : Justin Stanton

Anonymous

Hey! If there are any Blues players out there reading this, I just started up a new forum called “The Blues Outcasts” for any blues oriented slingers out there who don’t fit the mold. The link is posted below, I hope anyone interested will go check it out! –vibrablues http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=3584603709

Anonymous

Gremlin Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gremlin Guitar

Anonymous

New!! Musicians’ Directory: http://www.yio.com.ar/musicians Are you looking for a guitarrist or some like that? May be you need a lead vocal? Sign up for free! http://www.yio.com.ar/musicians

Anonymous

I have just come in to possssion of a Framus model 74A hollow body electric Anyone with any info I could use the help. Cheers

Anonymous

I have just come in to possssion of a model 74A hollow body electric Anyone with any info I could use the help. Cheers

Anonymous

Hi! I´ve got a problem with my amp (Fender Frontman 25GR)! When i turn up the reverb and i switch from the overdrive back to the clean channel, i get a really nasty sound, almost like a gong! Is that a problem of this fender amp in general or just with my one?? Cygnus

Anonymous

Boss MT-2 settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss MT-2 settings

Anonymous

Does anyone have or know where I can get a late 60’s violin shaped Conrad bass guitar?? I used one in late 60’s and want to aquire another for new musical career now. Thank you……….Peace.

Anonymous

I have a friend who has a Conrad Electric Bass Violin shaped from the late 60s or early 70s. I know nothing about these guitars and was wondering if someone could tell me anything about it’s history and it’s worth.

Anonymous

does anyone have any more info about this company or this guitar? I read that Sado Yairi is a cousin of Kazuo,(alvarez/yairi),but that’s all I could find out. If any of you guitar gurus know anything, please e-mail me directly and thanks in advance for your help!

Anonymous

Earthlings, your attention please! Who is this Dixon Yarmouth guy…..and why is he using my name to get gigs? Message ends

Anonymous

I need to know the wiring diagram of the PRS Santana Guitar. If somebody knows where to find it, please tell me where. Thank you very much.

Anonymous

Hello everybody.I`m desperated.I`m searching for a long time ago a Starcaster for sale.So if you have one in good playing condition, please mail-me!

Anonymous

As am I! I’ve yet to make any headway with my search either. If you’ve gotten any leads share the wealth won’t you?:) Thank you much

Anonymous

hey , its good to see people are still chasing them, i picked one up cheap about ten years ago, its suprising how many people hate the starcaster, until they pick it up and play it, then it has all the good quaities of an old fender guitwang, just thought i would add my 2 cents, good luck with it. . .

Anonymous

: As am I! I’ve yet to make any headway with my search either. If you’ve gotten any leads share the wealth won’t you?:) : Thank you much

Anonymous

Greetings fellow Starcaster freak. I own a 76′ sunburst but it’s not for sale. Try searching, Guitar base/Guitar Mall site. It’s a site with tons of vintage dealers. As of now there are 3 or 4 Starcasters. I have been following Starcasters for 4 years. Prices range from $1400.00-$2100.00. They are slowly appreciating. Mine was $1300.00 in 1998. I bought it sight unseen from Chicago Music Exchange. Starcasters are fantastic!!!! It is the best guitar I’ve owned, and I’ve played all of the great Fenders over the years. It is a Freakin MONSTER. So do yourself a favor and get one. Plus they are among the coolest looking guitars ever. Even geeks are cool when they strap one on. Good luck. Scott

Anonymous

How much would a Fender Starcaster be worth now?

Anonymous

anybody have any tabs for the color green?

Anonymous

found two at this site: http://www.colourgreen.topcities.com still looking for more. if anyone has them please let me know as they are my favourite band, thanx

Anonymous

: anybody have any tabs for the color green?

Anonymous

i recently picked up a NEAL MOSER guitar.(he was one of the former guitar builders for wayne charvel back in the mid eighties.)its black with clouds and lightning bolts.i was told there were very few of these around because lack of a serial no.which meant it was a personal played only and usally not sold on the market. the quality of these guitars from reviews are supposed to be the best in the world.this a smoken playing guitar and never seems to go out of with its factory floyd rose.has anybody heard or seen these guitars? please let me know !thanks alot PAUL.

Anonymous

Hi Paul, I’ve just started asking the same question. I bought a Moser painted by Dan Lawrence(#31 on the graphic list at GMWguitars.com)13 years ago and never knew what it was. I remeber the day I bought it, there was another one with the lightning bolts right beside mine. All I knew was that the guitar was amazing in every possible way. Mine has seymour duncan pickups, ebony fetboard, schaller trem, gotoh heads. Back then I paid just under $2000 canadian for it and I almost sold it a few months ago for $1000 because I didn’t know what it was. Thanks to the internet and the few of us out there that own Mosers I realize how close I came to making a huge mistake. Enjoy it! One day they will be worth alot more money.

Anonymous

I guess the email address might help. [email protected]

Anonymous

I own a Neal Moser. I’ll get into the praises in a second. The scoop on Neal is this: Neal was part of the amazing guitar-building scene of Southern California that started in the late ’70s, had its heyday in the ’80s, and continues with much less fanfare today. Neal was part of the same scene that included the more well-known electric guitar builders such as Wayne Charvel and Bernie Rico. Neal was actually more closely involved with Bernie than Wayne. Neal was actually employed by BC Rich and was the man who designed the Active and Full Active electronics BC Rich was famous for. Neal eventually hooked up with another amazing luthier named Lee Garver. They started a company called GMW (makers of the Empire line of guitars which were finalists two years in a row at Harmony Central’s Golden Axe Award) . Neal apparently has very little to do with building guitars these days. I go see Lee a couple times a year for tune-ups. If you or anyone is in the Southern California area and would like to have a guitar hand made for you (f**k PRS and Gibson) I can’t recommend highly enough a trip to Glendora, CA. You can visit GMW at http://www.gmwguitars.com to get an peek at the Empires and at the custom repair work Lee does. My Moser is my pride and joy. I’ve been playing for about 25 years and have owned Les Pauls, Paul Reed Smiths, ESPs, Jacksons, BC Rich, etc. I have never had a better playing, better sounding instrument in my hands. My Moser has great tone and sustain when it’s not plugged in! And gorgeous?! I love going into Sam Ash or Mars Music on a busy Friday or Saturday and poppin’ the case and draggin’ out my axe in front of all the jaded counter jockeys and watching their eyes water and their tongues wag. Hang on to that Moser!! There are only a few hundred in existence.

Anonymous

: I own a Neal Moser. I’ll get into the praises in a second. The scoop on Neal is this: Neal was part of the amazing guitar-building scene of Southern California that started in the late ’70s, had its heyday in the ’80s, and continues with much less fanfare today. Neal was part of the same scene that included the more well-known electric guitar builders such as Wayne Charvel and Bernie Rico. Neal was actually more closely involved with Bernie than Wayne. Neal was actually employed by BC Rich and was the man who designed the Active and Full Active electronics BC Rich was famous for. Neal eventually hooked up with another amazing luthier named Lee Garver. They started a company called GMW (makers of the Empire line of guitars which were finalists two years in a row at Harmony Central’s Golden Axe Award) . Neal apparently has very little to do with building guitars these days. I go see Lee a couple times a year for tune-ups. If you or anyone is in the Southern California area and would like to have a guitar hand made for you (f**k PRS and Gibson) I can’t recommend highly enough a trip to Glendora, CA. You can visit GMW at http://www.gmwguitars.com to get an peek at the Empires and at the custom repair work Lee does. : My Moser is my pride and joy. I’ve been playing for about 25 years and have owned Les Pauls, Paul Reed Smiths, ESPs, Jacksons, BC Rich, etc. I have never had a better playing, better sounding instrument in my hands. My Moser has great tone and sustain when it’s not plugged in! And gorgeous?! I love going into Sam Ash or Mars Music on a busy Friday or Saturday and poppin’ the case and draggin’ out my axe in front of all the jaded counter jockeys and watching their eyes water and their tongues wag. : Hang on to that Moser!! There are only a few hundred in existence.

Anonymous

All Moser and GMW guitars are rare. They’re all custom made and I still do all the fret and bone work. If you want a costom guitar made by my own two hands all you have to do is email me. I still do repair work and custom building. Just to set the record straight, I worked with Bernie Rico from 1974 to 1985 and I designed the Rich Bich and the Virgin and all that crazy electronics. Wayne Charvel was a consultant at BC for about a year while I was there. He helped Bernie put together the bolt on neck guitar dept. Wayne is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever known and we are close friends to this day. Missinformation abounds on the internet and I’m slowly trying to cure the problem. The problem is, there are only two people left that were at BC Rich 8 hours a day 5 days a week between the years 1974 and 1985 and I am one of them. The other one is Mal Stich who managed BC for almost 10 years. Mal and I are in the process of writing a book on the subject at this moment. Anyone with questions can email me. Neal, I’m still the M in GMW Moser

Anonymous

Hi guys I’ve been playing originals for several years and the bands I’ve been in have gone nowhere. We got a few regular gigs, but things ebbed away and we ended up doing the same sets to pretty much the same people. For the most part, the money we made covered our expenses and allowed us to do a couple of recording sessions. Anyway, I was recently offered an opportunity to play in a covers band. I’m not sure if I really want to play top40 and classic rock, but the pay I’m being offered means I can do part-time work instead of 9to5. Am I a bit of a sell out if I dump my originals, leave the band I’m in and play covers? I think this is the only chance I’m going to get to try and make a living from playing. Todd

Anonymous

Give it a try Todd. If the money is OK, I’d say give it a try. I’ve been earnig a living from playing the guitar for a few decades now, and if I’ve learned one thing, it’s take the work when it comes your way. I can’t begin to describe some of the odd musical situations I’ve wound up in, but you learn something new from all of them. If the players are good and the groove is there, take the gig. Kirk

Anonymous

It’s me again and I’m looking for the sound that blink 182 or green day uses

Anonymous

Thanx to all who answered my previous question about using a violin bow. I know that Jimmy page may or may not of been the godfather of the bow. I also enjoy Jeff Martin’s take on the bow. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips tricks, or techniques on the matter. So Jeff or Jimmy if you are reading this drop me a line.

Anonymous

http://www.sigur-ros.com/ This band uses bows on Gibsons… : Thanx to all who answered my previous question about using a violin bow. I know that Jimmy page may or may not of been the godfather of the bow. I also enjoy Jeff Martin’s take on the bow. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips tricks, or techniques on the matter. So Jeff or Jimmy if you are reading this drop me a line.

Anonymous

does anyone know what effect does jonny buckland from coldplay uses in their song Amsterdam wich is kind of a violin effect but he uses some weird little box in his hand that has a blue light that he approaches to the string and then the guitar starts playing alone and he only place the chords ….?? its like he’s using some kind of bow on his guitar but he isn’t so pls anyone that can tell me about that i would really appreciate it.

Anonymous

does anyone know what effect does jonny buckland from coldplay uses in their song Amsterdam wich is kind of a violin effect but he uses some weird little box in his hand that has a blue light that he approaches to the string and then the guitar starts playing alone and he only place the chords ….?? its like he’s using some kind of bow on his guitar but he isn’t so pls anyone that can tell me about that i would really appreciate it.

Anonymous

I’m looking for the sound or a similar sound of blink 182 or greenday on my BOSS Ds-1 distortion pedal (help me please!!)

Anonymous

I’m looking for the sound or a similar sound of blink 182 or greenday on my BOSS Ds-1 distortion pedal (help me please!!)

Anonymous

what’s a good guitar magazine out there? i’m looking for one to subscribe to. i wanna learn the more technical aspects of electrical guitars, ie. tuners, amps, etc. so maybe a mag that focuses more on that.

Anonymous

I bought a couple Guitar Techniques issues, and they really teach you well. It’s expensive, but you have lots of info, reviews, the tabs and a cd with the song with guitar and another track without the guitar so you can play over it.

Anonymous

How to play "Ska"?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How to play "Ska"?

Anonymous

I’m having a noise when i use the effect loop on my JCM800 50Watts head. Does any1 knows if the loop is really good on JCM800 or if it’s possible to modify it ??? thanks in advance.

Anonymous

hmmm,what are you running through the loop?Amp’s with effect loop’s do have more pre-amp valve’s than non effect’s loop amp’s it could be that.If you still have problems i’ve got a ’94 just serviced jcm900 100w that I would swap for your amp

Anonymous

Was it old blues masters like Robert Johnson? or did nashville invent it? are they 2 seperarte issues i am confused from references to keith richard’s "learning" open string tuning from Gram Parsons i always thought he picked up this method from listening to blues reocrds can somebody clarify this for me please???

Anonymous

:Angel, 1st sorry about my original incorrect posting, I’m just a first time responder. Open tuning has its origins at least with the Hawwaiins of the 1700 to 1900 period. They were influenced by spanish and south american sailors who used the islands as first an R&R port and eventually a commercial venture. During the "latin-spanish" influences the Hawaiins learned to play "some" guitar, adn later the Ukelele. The open tuning(s) are said to have really been a necessity of invention such that the tuning(s) better blended with their wonderful singing voices, adn that these tunings better melded with the rhythms of the ocean. There must be 20 different tunings if not more. During the turn of the century (1900) the tunings were becoming more readily heard in the US. By the twenties, lap steals were copying the tunings and it was off and running: Western swing steal guitar, blues, etc. These tunings allow solo guitar with the ability to provide simultaneous rhythm and base if the player is accomplished. G-tuning is a pretty easy one of the many to learn. From low to high: D G D G B D. I play Hawaiin tunes, country, blues, flamenco, jazz and about any easy listening top 40 tune in this tuning. Again, what makes this one a versatile tuning is its forgiveness with melody, rhythm and base. It works for slide as well as fingerstyle. I prefer fingerstyle. There is more about this topic, but maybe you would like to investigate it yourself on the web, keyword slack-key guitar. Oh yeah, both Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed made a killing off this tuning. Enjoy! Gary :

Anonymous

: :Angel, : 1st sorry about my original incorrect posting, I’m just a first time responder. : Open tuning has its origins at least with the Hawwaiins of the 1700 to 1900 period. They were influenced by spanish and south american sailors who used the islands as first an R&R port and eventually a commercial venture. During the "latin-spanish" influences the Hawaiins learned to play "some" guitar, adn later the Ukelele. The open tuning(s) are said to have really been a necessity of invention such that the tuning(s) better blended with their wonderful singing voices, adn that these tunings better melded with the rhythms of the ocean. There must be 20 different tunings if not more. During the turn of the century (1900) the tunings were becoming more readily heard in the US. By the twenties, lap steals were copying the tunings and it was off and running: Western swing steal guitar, blues, etc. These tunings allow solo guitar with the ability to provide simultaneous rhythm and base if the player is accomplished. G-tuning is a pretty easy one of the many to learn. From low to high: D G D G B D. I play Hawaiin tunes, country, blues, flamenco, jazz and about any easy listening top 40 tune in this tuning. Again, what makes this one a versatile tuning is its forgiveness with melody, rhythm and base. It works for slide as well as fingerstyle. I prefer fingerstyle. There is more about this topic, but maybe you would like to investigate it yourself on the web, keyword slack-key guitar. Oh yeah, both Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed made a killing off this tuning. Enjoy! : Gary : : I read an article in a magazine talking about the wahine tuning being a "masculine" tuning. What are the other Hawaiian tunings and does anyone know their meaning is in English. Thanks. WAL (England)

Anonymous

I don’t really care I need some with writing experince and talent, not posting fake messages to me? All Im looking for is some In Iowa, or Des Monies, or out town to Email me their picture not fake one!

Anonymous

i just want someone to write something sweet for me to say to a girl i like.

Anonymous

I need to know what this guitar I have is worth. It is a Tokai TST 62′ Vintage series. It has the old style round head and serial # is 16812. I have looked all over the place and cannot find one that looks like the Tokai looks it looks like 7okai. Please help [email protected]

Anonymous

I have a 50’s Narrow Panel Deluxe Amp. It has a tweed cabinate. Model# 5E3 Serial# DO0686 or DOO686 Can’t tell for sure. (hand written) Also it has the "Fender" name tag on front, NOT the longer "Fender Deluxe" tag Can anyone help me in identifing the year? Thanks Gary O.

Anonymous

’53 or ’54 : I have a 50’s Narrow Panel Deluxe Amp. It has a tweed cabinate. : Model# 5E3 : Serial# DO0686 or DOO686 Can’t tell for sure. : (hand written) : Also it has the "Fender" name tag on front, NOT the longer "Fender Deluxe" tag : Can anyone help me in identifing the year? : Thanks Gary O.

Anonymous

Replacing pick-ups with Dimarzios…which would be the best combination for a drier/crisper/cooler/crunchier tone? I’ve been thinking to put the Evolution in the bridge position (or possibly tone zone) with a PAF PRO (or possibly AIR NORTON or FRED) in the neck position.

Anonymous

I have a Les Paul Custom (EPIPHONE) and I also thought replacing the pickups with Tone Zone and Air Norton; were can I find an audio sample?

Anonymous

Hohner Telecaster Professional "The Prinz" (www.rockfunk.de)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner Telecaster Professional "The Prinz" (www.rockfunk.de)

Anonymous

http://www.guitaristforum.com/cgi-bin/HyperNews/get/guitarist.html The Guitarist Forum has a large repository of free jam tracks available. This is a non-commercial site run by and for guitrists. Good BBS as well.

Anonymous

Who has tab for INTRO SONG from G3 video by EJ ?

Anonymous

I lost a saddle block on my fender squire. I tried to get one from a authorized fender dealer(Schmitt Music) It has been 4 months, and still no saddle block for the floyd rose tremelo system! Is there any way I can order a set of saddle blocks directly, so I can avoid the middle man and the delays!

Anonymous

what are my guitars worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : what are my guitars worth?

Anonymous

Can anyone help? I recently bought a Silvertone guit. archtop f-hole with L-6132 in one hole and 57-614 in the other. Can anyone tell me what year it’s from? or anything else about it?

Anonymous

I had a Silvertone archtop f-hole back in the late 50’s. Sunburst finish. Do you have a photo? : Can anyone help? I recently bought a Silvertone guit. archtop f-hole with L-6132 in one hole and 57-614 in the other. Can anyone tell me what year it’s from? or anything else about it?

Anonymous

I just received my JBP50212 and it sounds great.Has anyone heard of JBP?I have a ’76 Ovation(sounds better than any acoustic I’ve had,for all you snobbish purists).I also have a $1500 strat.I just purchased a cheap E-series Epi Basher LP,I guess I got lucky because I like the tone,action,overall sound just as much(if not better than strat).The only thing I did was put chrome covers over open humbuckers and like the sound better.It is after all, the sound that matters,right?

Anonymous

I just got fairly decent 12-string.I saw something on another site that mentioned the rod may need to be adjusted,depending on string size. I don’t want to adjust,so I guess I should get light strings.Will 6-string pick-up(seymour-duncan acoustic tube)work for 12

Anonymous

Put on the strings you like, you probally won’t have to adjust the rod, but if you do have to it’s pretty easy to do… putting on heavier strings you usually just have to turn it clockwise a little to tighten and take bow out (and bring action down)… go slow and easy though…. and the pickup will ‘work’ on a 12 string, I use a perfect timbre on mine and it sounds pretty decent, I find the tube kinda weak and too ‘electric’ for my taste… but hey, thats me… it’s a good pickup. : I just got fairly decent 12-string.I saw something on another site that mentioned the rod may need to be adjusted,depending on string size. I don’t want to adjust,so I guess I should get light strings.Will 6-string pick-up(seymour-duncan acoustic tube)work for 12

Anonymous

I`m a new guitarist and i don`t know how 2 use a wamy bar.Can somebody tell me how?Thanx

Anonymous

Well you just push/pull on it : I`m a new guitarist and i don`t know how 2 use a wamy bar.Can somebody tell me how?Thanx

Anonymous

starfield guitars, are they worth much

This popular thread has been given its own page : starfield guitars, are they worth much

Anonymous

has anybody ever heard of a kent 540 s guitar? are they any good my brother just bought one at a garage sale with a kent amp for ten dollars. just wondering if there any good. its in really nice condition

Anonymous

Don’t know about the 540, do you have a pic ??, all I know was that kent was a ‘distribution’ co. that imported asian made guitars in the 60’s, Hagstrom produced some guitars for kent also… so if it’s a "Hagstrom Kent" in good condition it might be worth something… I’ve seen a couple old kent tube amps from the 50’s and they sounded good, so if it’s in good condition and you like it you can’t go wrong for $10… post a pic if you can. has anybody ever heard of a kent 540 s guitar? are they any good my brother just bought one at a garage sale with a kent amp for ten dollars. just wondering if there any good. its in really nice condition

Viewing 181 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.