Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

conara

i brought a conara electric guitar and i just asking if any people can tell me just a little bit of infomation on it who uses them nd other info in it

thanx R!(k

need wiring info for 1 pickup stratotone

need wiring info for 1 pickup stratotone

This popular thread has been given its own page : need wiring info for 1 pickup stratotone

do you trade scanned tabs?

I need Slayer hell awaits, if have it, reply.

I have, john petrucci rock discipline, guns n roses, anthology, metallica a lot, nirvana nevermind, ok cya

Re: do you trade scanned tabs?

THAT IS ILLEGAL AND VIOLATES COPYWRITE LAWS.

I WOULD BE CAREFUL POSTING MESSAGES ABOUT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES LIKE THAT ON PUBLIC BOARDS, WITH THE WAR ON TERRORISM AND ALL THAT KIND OF ACTIVITY COULD LAND YOU IN HEAPS OF TROUBLE..

HOEVER IT IS LEGAL TO TRACE TAB USING A BLUE CRAYON, BUT FOR SOME OBSCURE LEGAL REASON ONLY BLUE... GO FIGURE THAT ONE !

: I need Slayer hell awaits, if have it, reply.

: I have, john petrucci rock discipline, guns n roses, anthology, metallica a lot, nirvana nevermind, ok cya

I HAVE RAMONES , CHUCK BERRY , YNWIE , TO TRADE

: I need Slayer hell awaits, if have it, reply.

: I have, john petrucci rock discipline, guns n roses, anthology, metallica a lot, nirvana nevermind, ok cya

Re: do you trade scanned tabs?

i need john petrucci rock discipline,

What's the blue wire on Srtatotone's 3-way tone switch ?

Help ! My tone control and 3-way tone switch were inoperable so I pulled out the wiring and controls and found the blue wire hooked to the tone knob was connected to nothing on th other end. It was just tucked up in the shielding. Can anyone tell me where to attach the other end of this blue wire? I'm assuming it goes somewhere on the3-way switch? The volume knob works but seems to also boost the tone a little. Thanks

prices old guitars?....

Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old guit.s, mandolins?

Re: prices old guitars?....

eBay seems to set the trends as of late, other than that, a lot of people use Vintage Guitar's buyers guide. This service is not available online.

Could you tell me what a Fender-F210 accoustic guitar is worth?

thank you

: Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old guit.s, mandolins?

: : Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old guit.s, mandolins? I have a Washburn guitar and a 4 string banjo that my parents played in a band in the late 20's or early 30's.

: : Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old guit.s, mandolins?

Have a Electric Washburn Paul Stanley Black w/ Chrome, how much is this worth? Have Matching case also.

: Where's a good site to find prices for many old coltone guitars.

ARIA pRO ll pw-25l

: Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old guit.s, mandolins?

My grandmother has an old approx. 1940s nulon string martin it has a real "v" neck to it. Do you know approximate value

: Where's a good site to find apprtox. prices for many old stafford electric guitars

I'M LOOKING FOR PRICES ON OLD SEARS BRAND ELECTRIC GUITARS.AND HOW CAN YOU TELL AGE

VALUE OF MY OLD GUITAR

I HAVE AN OLD SUPRO ELECTRIC,BRASS PICKUPS,3 POSITION TONE SWITCH,FULL BODY,BLONDE WOOD BODY,2 CLEFF OPENINGS ,VOLUME&TONE KNOBS,ALL ORIGINAL,SERIAL# T268

I HAVE A ETERNA EC-10 GUITAR.DO YOU NO WHAT ITS WORTH? AND ANYTHING ABOUT IT ?

I have an old Kay electric & Harmony amp.(tube type)
(appprox. 40+ years old) and a Lark (H)lap top steel
(no idea on age) that I would like to be able to get a price on. I am wanting to sell both, I just want a fair price for them. Thank you
Mike

:i have a stella harmony acoustic guitar. Just wondering what it's worth--if anything.I'm not sure of its age--but its been used.

:i have a stella harmony acoustic guitar. Just wondering what it's worth--if anything.I'm not sure of its age--but its been used.please email me.

Re: info about this guitar?

Does anyone know anything about acoustic/electric called Groovin by Morris?

need Stratotone wiring info

Where does the blue wir from the tone control go on the other end? Does it attach to that wierd 3 way tone switch?

Re: need Stratotone wiring info

: Where does the blue wir from the tone control go on the other end? Does it attach to that wierd 3 way tone switch?
Hey piney we caught you show up in Indy you guys were on fire. Don't know anything about guitars I play sax. If you ever need a sax give me a shout.

Re: need Stratotone wiring info

: : Where does the blue wir from the tone control go on the other end? Does it attach to that wierd 3 way tone switch?
All the wires go to the round selector switch. The blue one should attach to the pin where the red cap is attached.

: Hey piney we caught you show up in Indy you guys were on fire. Don't know anything about guitars I play sax. If you ever need a sax give me a shout.

Classical Guitar or Flamenco

Hello
I have played the violin for thirty years. I now want to learn to play the instrument of my dreams...Flamenco Guitar. Should I buy a classical acoustic to begin with and when I have acquired sufficient skill move on up to Flamenco or should I go straight for the Flamenco. Is the Flamenco guitar enough to play other styles, eg I live within sight of Venezuela and I love the sounds coming over the radio from South America.

Advice please.

Re: Classical Guitar or Flamenco

I would start with some classical technique first, from there you can move into Flamenco or Bossa with a good foundation. I did clasical first and now I play lots of styles, celtic, classic rock and some Flamenco. I have some info at my homepage that may be of interest, links to soundclips, some free scores and online lessons, www.jimgraham.ca

Jim

CRAPPY SITE

This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

I already told you that ------------

But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

: This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

YEP, THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE ME AND STEVE........

Yep, it's people like me and Steve that make this board what it is.......Ha!!

: But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

: but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

: : This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

YOU GOT IT DUDE, WE RULE THIS BOARD !!!

HELL YA !!!

: Yep, it's people like me and Steve that make this board what it is.......Ha!!

: : But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

: : but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

:
: : : This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

Re: YOU GOT IT DUDE, WE RULE THIS BOARD !!!

Any moron can flood a discussion board. You're not that good, guys.

: HELL YA !!!

:
: : Yep, it's people like me and Steve that make this board what it is.......Ha!!

: : : But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

: : : but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

: :
: : : : This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

Toby, what a funny name, thanks for the laugh TOBY

Toby haaaaaaa

: Any moron can flood a discussion board. You're not that good, guys.

: : HELL YA !!!

: :
: : : Yep, it's people like me and Steve that make this board what it is.......Ha!!

: : : : But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

: : : : but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

: : :
: : : : : This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

Re: YOU GOT IT DUDE, WE RULE THIS BOARD !!!

"Any moron can flood a discussion board"

Correction, asshole, not moron !!! get it right lamer !

What are you under down there ?? I just don't get the barbie thing... fags ??

Re: I already told you that ------------

Steve,

Are you from wholenote?

: But any response here with any content or referencing another site gets deleted, as this thread will.

: but this has always been just a flame board, so just sit back and have a good laugh at it... or leave, no one cares either way

: : This site is shit you should all go to wholenote.com it is heaps better people actually know what they are talking about

wiring and circuits

Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.

Re: wiring and circuits

You, my friend, are in the wrong place if you want to learn more. I do hope you've tried another website.

: Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.

Sooo true, ohhh sooo true !

Go to wholenote.com or TDPRI.COM to learn, never here

: You, my friend, are in the wrong place if you want to learn more. I do hope you've tried another website.

: : Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.

Re: Sooo true, ohhh sooo true !

: Go to wholenote.com or TDPRI.COM to learn, never here

:
: : You, my friend, are in the wrong place if you want to learn more. I do hope you've tried another website.

: : : Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.

you can get a black ice distortion module on e-bay. i have purchased two of them. search musical inst. instructions are also avail.

: You, my friend, are in the wrong place if you want to learn more. I do hope you've tried another website.

: : Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.

Hey, I am very intersting in guitar circuits, like the ones in the Jaguar. I can't find any real information though. I want to install a "Black Ice" module, which replaces the capacitor on the tone knob and is a passive overdrive/distortion circuit, controllable by the tone knob once you put it in place of the tone capacitor. I have no idea what capacitor to use though. Any information would be cool. I just wanna learn more.
you don't need to use a capacitor. just solder the Black Ice onto the same lugs the capacitor was on. then, the potentiometer's sweep controls the overdrive. not a capacitor

Getting Marshall distortion frrom a Vox AC-30

Aside from buying a JCM900 or a Plexi, what distortion box would be able to give me that raunchy distortion through my Vox? I'm looking for a straight jacked dirty Marshall sound (a la Guns n' Roses, etc.)

Thanx!

Re: Getting Marshall distortion frrom a Vox AC-30

Dude, you're getting a Rat!

: Thanx!

Re: Getting Marshall distortion frrom a Vox AC-30

Here a little late comment. Well, in my younger days (80'es) I had the same problem as you. I was into Heavy Metal, but I owned an old AC-30 top. (Not the Top Boost model). No matter what distortion pedal I put on, I couldn,t get the Marshall sound.I studied Physics on University too, and later I buyed a JCM 800 split channel. My electronic knowledge grow and today I have a fully understanding of what was going on. One of the problem with the old AC-30, was the power supply circuit. It had a tube rectifier (GZ 34) and small electrolytic caps. The Marshalls have diode recifiers (1N 4007) and bigger caps. When you make the pumping sound by muteting the lower strings (E & A) with the palms, the Vox will sound mudderet. This is because the power supply can't believer enough energy to the the output tubes. Solution : replace the caps with bigger values, but by doing this the GZ 34 will probaly burn off, so replace with 2 1N 4007's. You have to be in the electronics to do this or you will have a proffesional tecnican to do this. Or buy a Marshall. (The straight pluged in sound doesn't exits, The JCM 800 split had an diode retifier circuit in the sound-pad to clip the wawes). And the newer models (JCM 900 SL-X & 2000) have normal distiontions circuit with Op-Amps and transistors.) But keep you Vox, it is good to play Beatles and early U2 music style on (without Fat pumping rhytmic pads like Van Halen or Def Leppard).

NEW TABLATURE

I am trying to put out new tablature but I'm not sure how to do it. Misty, Stardust, Moonriver and the lovely Maria Elena (Los Indios) are my new creations. Help.

Re: NEW TABLATURE

You don't know where to put your tablature or you're just to dumb to know what you want out of life?

: I am trying to put out new tablature but I'm not sure how to do it. Misty, Stardust, Moonriver and the lovely Maria Elena (Los Indios) are my new creations. Help.

electric guitar Tab - Maria Elena

Please send me electric guitar Tab - lovely song Maria Elena Los Indios Tabajeros also pleyed by The Shadows

Many Thanks
Ewa

boss jam station

my dad just bought a jam station. does anybody know if you can create your own style of backing track. ie. so you dont have to use the preset tracks. If you can, is there a simple way to do so. cause the manual isnt to clear. Would really appreciate some info before dad goes into a nut house.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.