Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

GUILD 12 STRING

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THE WEB SITE WHERE YOU CAN CHECK ON THE AGE OF A GUILD GUITAR BY GIVING THE SERIAL NUMBER??? i HAD IT LONG AGO AND CANNOT LOCATE SAME... tHX IN ADVANCE

Re: GUILD 12 STRING

: DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THE WEB SITE WHERE YOU CAN CHECK ON THE AGE OF A GUILD GUITAR BY GIVING THE SERIAL NUMBER??? i HAD IT LONG AGO AND CANNOT LOCATE SAME... tHX IN ADVANCE
Mitch: That would be www.mrgearhead.com/guild/dating.html

Linn Guitars, Anybody heard of them (custom maker)

Linn Guitars, Anybody heard of them (custom maker)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Linn Guitars, Anybody heard of them (custom maker)

old acustic gitar

Hi there!
I bought a gibson's acustic guitar about 10 years ago, and i wandered what is it's value now
model: EQ-1
serial: Y302478
thanks ana

Re: Gibson J180 Custom Red with transducer and Stars inlay

: Hi there!
anybody knows where can I find this lovely guitar, it's a J180 but in red and equipped with transducer.
Thanks

1942 gibson acustic bass whats it worth

: Hi there!
: I bought a gibson's acustic guitar about 10 years ago, and i wandered what is it's value now
: model: EQ-1
: serial: Y302478
: thanks ana

amps

i need to find a cheap mesa boogie triple rect half stack.

I want to be a player

well i just want to be a good player that is all.

ibanez guitar

I have an Ibanez Saber model 540ltd purchased in 1990 mfg in north hollywood. I am trying to find out how much it is worth. It is in excellent condition.

Re: ibanez guitar (which are crap !!!)

It is worthless. Ibanez originally invented the sabre as a new style of baseball bat, but it never sold, so they put strings on it and tried to sell it to nerds like you (who can't tell the difference). It is crap, you are crap, and they are all crap. crap crap crap crap crapppp!!!!!!. Love Bob

Good Advice Bob, I actually agree !!!!

Ibanez are crap, get anything you can for it from another sucker and then stay away from them along with fenders and Marshall's and you'll do just fine.

: It is worthless. Ibanez originally invented the sabre as a new style of baseball bat, but it never sold, so they put strings on it and tried to sell it to nerds like you (who can't tell the difference). It is crap, you are crap, and they are all crap. crap crap crap crap crapppp!!!!!!. Love Bob

Re: to Timothy & Bob

Very interesting comments. I don't own any Ibanez or fenders and am not really for or against either. But reading your comments I'm just interested in what you would recommend getting. I hope your not one of those Les Paul freaks that won't play anything else because you think they are the only real guitars on earth. If so you've got another thing coming. I had to convert one of those freaks a number of years ago. He had a few Les Pauls while I knew him. Some were nice but others were total crap, to use a nicer word than I'm thinking of. I sold him a real guitar and he finally realized the truth. Les Pauls aren't everything and to me they're not really anything worth paying that kind of money for.

I only play hammer slammer timmy customs, they have lots of frets and pickups and strings and feedback and lots of clean channels and microfarads and pots like a mofo. I agree with you that les pauls are crap too, just a little higher on the crap scale than a fender, and I would never own a guitar calleD LES, they are for indigo girlies!!! but a 355 isn't total crap cuz I have one and it comes with 2 soap dishes which are handy when on the road and i get sticky fingers and need to wash up, same with a telecaster, all of them are crap except mine, mine is the only one fender ever got right, it has a twang bridge maple neck and alt country tuning pickup with a 3 position bipolar on/off switch with 500 megabitch tone and volume throttles.

: Very interesting comments. I don't own any Ibanez or fenders and am not really for or against either. But reading your comments I'm just interested in what you would recommend getting. I hope your not one of those Les Paul freaks that won't play anything else because you think they are the only real guitars on earth. If so you've got another thing coming. I had to convert one of those freaks a number of years ago. He had a few Les Pauls while I knew him. Some were nice but others were total crap, to use a nicer word than I'm thinking of. I sold him a real guitar and he finally realized the truth. Les Pauls aren't everything and to me they're not really anything worth paying that kind of money for.

Where can I get a guitar with 500 megabitch tone and volume throttles?

: I only play hammer slammer timmy customs, they have lots of frets and pickups and strings and feedback and lots of clean channels and microfarads and pots like a mofo. I agree with you that les pauls are crap too, just a little higher on the crap scale than a fender, and I would never own a guitar calleD LES, they are for indigo girlies!!! but a 355 isn't total crap cuz I have one and it comes with 2 soap dishes which are handy when on the road and i get sticky fingers and need to wash up, same with a telecaster, all of them are crap except mine, mine is the only one fender ever got right, it has a twang bridge maple neck and alt country tuning pickup with a 3 position bipolar on/off switch with 500 megabitch tone and volume throttles.

: : Very interesting comments. I don't own any Ibanez or fenders and am not really for or against either. But reading your comments I'm just interested in what you would recommend getting. I hope your not one of those Les Paul freaks that won't play anything else because you think they are the only real guitars on earth. If so you've got another thing coming. I had to convert one of those freaks a number of years ago. He had a few Les Pauls while I knew him. Some were nice but others were total crap, to use a nicer word than I'm thinking of. I sold him a real guitar and he finally realized the truth. Les Pauls aren't everything and to me they're not really anything worth paying that kind of money for.

Sorry that you guys feel that way!!I play Ibanez, and i love it..It is really a matter of opinion!!As for you selling your guitar: Is there no local guitar instrument shop where you live?You can ask them!!??:) I've never heard of the model..

Dearest Bob,

Your response belongs in the gutter, not in a guitar forum.

Re: ibanez guitar

It is not fair to call I banez crap while fenders still exist. They are the Cream-de-la-Crap. Ibanez is just more interested in making money than a good product.

Guitar chords for Rolling Stones "Paint It Black"

If someone could send me the guitar chords for "Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones it would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!!

Re: Guitar chords for Rolling Stones "Wild Thing"

: If someone could send me the guitar chords for "Wild Thing" by The Rolling Stones it would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!!

Re: Guitar chords for Rolling Stones "You Beter Move On"

: If someone could send me the guitar chords for "You Better Move On " by The Rolling Stones it would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!!

Hartke advise

My old Ampeg B-2 has finally died, and I'm tired of sinking money into it.
I have been looking at a Hartke 3500: 350 watts, eight or ten band eq; dual
tube/solid state pre-amps; built in compression. Sounds nice and fat and
wwarm, once you tune it up.

Does anyone have any experience with the unit? Is it reliable?

I'm just a semi-pro club player, small scale rock-n-roll, and and acoustic
jug band. The $400-$450 price ranges is very appealing.

Thanks for your help!!!

Johnny bass

Re: Hartke advise

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Hartke advise

well dick if it wasant for bass players you wouldent have guitar solos cause bass is the back bone of any song

need help in finding partitures

i need help in finding partitures of the movies composer John Williams, or the italian composer
Nino Rota
Thanks allot

stolen custom Stratocaster

I had a custom Classic Player Fender Stratocaster stolen. Aqua marine blue w/maple fingerboard, abalone inlays and pickguard. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Re: stolen custom Stratocaster

Unfortunately it happens alot, where was it stolen from and the s/n ??? that info would help so if someone from the area comes across one. All you can really do is report it, and defintely check/notify local pawnshops (youll probally have to waste your time visiting them though cuz most don't care as it will be money in their pocket). The newer ones have an antitheft device in em.

: I had a custom Classic Player Fender Stratocaster stolen. Aqua marine blue w/maple fingerboard, abalone inlays and pickguard. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Floyd Rose nightmare

Hi there all, my guitar has a cheaper "under licence" copy of a Floyd Rose trem on it (I don't have much money to spend on guitars). It's the first time I've had a Floyd style bridge, so when I restrung it I took all the strings off not knowing you're not supposed to do this. Now the springs seem like they're too loose, because the guitar strings pull the bridge right up as far as it will go and I cannot tune the guitar properly. Is there a way to fix it, and if not, is there an acceptable way I can just "block" the stupid trem to make it a fixed bridge?

Cheers,
Oli

Re: Floyd Rose nightmare

There are screws to adjust the spring tension, and I always take off all the strings when I put new ones on, it easier to clean with them off. Look online there are alot of good guides to setting one up and how to block it. They are frustrating to set up at first but once you get the hang of it it's really pretty easy, so just hang in there, and if you have a friend (or bring it to a shop) set it up for you just make sure you are there to watch, thats the best way to learn.

: Hi there all, my guitar has a cheaper "under licence" copy of a Floyd Rose trem on it (I don't have much money to spend on guitars). It's the first time I've had a Floyd style bridge, so when I restrung it I took all the strings off not knowing you're not supposed to do this. Now the springs seem like they're too loose, because the guitar strings pull the bridge right up as far as it will go and I cannot tune the guitar properly. Is there a way to fix it, and if not, is there an acceptable way I can just "block" the stupid trem to make it a fixed bridge?

: Cheers,
: Oli

Re: Floyd Rose nightmare

THe best answer to your question is at www.jacksonguitars.com
Tehy recomend the use of a 9 volt battery under the bridge while the strings are off. Then put all strings on (stretching them properly), and adjust spring tension and tuning untill it floats where you want it to while still in tune. The simply put in the tremlo arm, push down the trem and remove the battery.
Their explanation is really pretty good you should check it out.

ultrasonic humbuckers

i have a question: can the sound of an ultrasonic humbucker be compared to the sound of seymour duncans? and if you replace a single coil pickup of a strat with an ultrasonic humbucker, do you have to wire it differently then the old one was connected? and what's a fair price for buying them? is about $20 good? i'm thinking about buying them so i'd be glad about an answer! bye, simon

ultrasonic humbuckers

i have a question: can the sound of an ultrasonic humbucker be compared to the sound of seymour duncans? and if you replace a single coil pickup of a strat with an ultrasonic humbucker, do you have to wire it differently then the old one was connected? and what's a fair price for buying them? is about $20 good? i'm thinking about buying them so i'd be glad about an answer! bye, simon

Kay Guitar Date Code

Kay Guitar Date Code

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kay Guitar Date Code

Overdrive Pedals ??? [ GPA ]

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Overdrive Pedals ??? [ GPA ]

i just got my Boss OD3 today, it's very very good and not expensive

overdrive is cranking a tube amp very loud until it distorts, the pedal imitates that

i put my Marshall on Crunch and add the OD pedal, sounds as good as can be

The Boss MT2 Metal Zone is, in mt opinion, the best sounding and most versatile pedal made. About $90 in the US

Addendum: If you like sounding like Whitesnake.

: The Boss MT2 Metal Zone is, in mt opinion, the best sounding and most versatile pedal made. About $90 in the US

If you want a more technical description of overdrive, it's actually a kind of an accident that it ends up sounding like cranked tubes, as an overdrive stomp box has quite a bit different circuitry than a vacuum tube amplifier. Usually, if you do to a transistor preamplifier what is done to vacuum power tubes (saturation of a push-pull output amp) you end up with more of a metal type sound because of the harmonics added into the signal from the input clipping the output in a sense.

Anyway, most basic stomp box overdrives use an op-amp with two diodes in the feedback set to a minimum gain that can be adjusted upward to increase clipping. Basically what happens is that the output guitar signal reaches amplitudes that turn the diodes on in either polarity, creating a short circuit to the inverting input of the op amp which creates basically a voltage follower, reducing the gain on the peak of the signal to unity gain or less, depending on the resistance to ground. either way, this clips the signal at its peaks, which in effect is much like a vaccuum tube saturation distortion sound.

Good overdrives, such as the tubescreamer, use active filtering techniques in order to enhance clipping at certain frequencies. I'm a fan of the Vox V810 and the tubescreamer, relatively simple, yet ingenious designs. Boss is over-processed. They take the rawness out of it and process out some of the more noisey, yet interesting harmonics. However, I do like the low-end kick added back into a Boss signal.

ELVIS EPIPHONE GUITAR

iam looking for a elvis epiphone signature guitar.can somebodyhelp me find one?i have been searching on the internet alot

Re: ELVIS EPIPHONE GUITAR

: iam looking for a elvis epiphone signature guitar.can somebodyhelp me find one?i have been searching on the internet alot

I HAVE ONE

: : iam looking for a elvis epiphone signature guitar.can somebodyhelp me find one?i have been searching on the internet alot

: I HAVE ONE

I am looking for the same guitar if anyone has one please email as i would like to buy it
i live in the UK

: : : iam looking for a elvis epiphone signature guitar.can somebodyhelp me find one?i have been searching on the internet alot

: : I HAVE ONE

: I am looking for the same guitar if anyone has one please email as i would like to buy it
: i live in the UK

Hi, not sure if you are still looking for an Elvis epiphone guitar, I have one, in black ,with electric pick up. Mail me your address and I can send you a picture. Thanks, Chris V

LAWSUIT TAKAMINE

I just brought a F340S Dreadnaught Takamine Ser: 76110571. Can anyone provide me info on the possible year of make. Also any info on this whole Martin copyright lawsuit.

Re: LAWSUIT TAKAMINE

: I just brought a F340S Dreadnaught Takamine Ser: 76110571. Can anyone provide me info on the possible year of make. Also any info on this whole Martin copyright lawsuit.

Dude, send an email to Takamine themselves, they have all that stuff on record.

Restringing Washburn guitars

Help, how do i re-string a washburn guitar? it's really weird and hard to do, how SHOULD it be done?

Gibson Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway Light

Is this a good guitar:

Gibson Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway Light

The seller claims it is a 2000 modell. Color=black. But I cant find any information on it...

can someone help me?

What does Double Cutaway mean?

Re: Gibson Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway Light

: Is this a good guitar:

: Yamaha acoustic F310

: What does Double Cutaway mean?

Songs to play on a wedding

Hi,
I need your help.
On Saturday I have to play on a wedding and I dont know which songs to play. Any suggestions??
I was thinking about Perfidia or When you say nothing at all.
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR Opinnion

ya think.....

there could be any more popup ads on this site ?? one on every click is crazy, no wonder there is nothing here... too tedious to read or respond to anything. well don't bother responding, I just stopped by and found it too annoying and won't be back for more ads.

FXPedal-setup-question

I have a number of pedals that I would like to use in my setup, now my quetion is: whats the best way to set them up; the pedals are: -BOSS Power Supply & Master
Switch (PSM-5)
-BOSS Flanger (BF-2)
-BOSS Equalizer (GE-7)
-BOSS Compression Sustainer
(CS-3)
-BOSS Turbo Distortion (DS-2)
-Big Muff (the russian)
-George Dennis Wah-Wah
-Dan-O-Matic Tuner

plus extra question: would a Korg AX100G fit into this setup (cos I want to use it for Delay)
If it helps: I play a Laney GC-80A Amp
thanx in advance!

Re: FXPedal-setup-question

Take a look at:
www.angelfire.com/music2/guitarglen/sigcheg.htm

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.