Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Miniature guitars

: If you are looking for the BEST quality baby axes go to www.babyaxe.com...licenced by Fender..Brian May and given the rights by The Beatles individual guitar manufacturers...Rickenbacker,Hofner,Gretsch,and Ludwig....don't be fooled by cheap poor quality stuff touted on the net,we ARE the originators of this product.Regards,The Baby Axe Co Ltd..London....PS..TAX FREE SHOPPING OUTSIDE THE UK!!

Re: Miniature guitars

We can offer you Best quality Miniature guitars, pls let us know what size you would like, standard sizes we make are 15" to 20" sizes.

Regards

Jitesh Jain

transposing concert"C" midi to 5 string bass parts

I have recently started printing MIDI downloads and I have a 5 string bass could some please tell me " HOW MANY HALF STEPS DO I GO UP or DOWN FROM THE CONCERT "C" IN ORDER TO GET THE BASS PARTS WITH IN THE RANGE OF WHERE THE 5 STRING CAN BE PLAYED!!!!!

download hindi songs free

download hindi songs free

This popular thread has been given its own page : download hindi songs free

A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label (New 3rd Edition)!!!

This is the all new 3rd edition of " IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. The web's best seller for newbies is now a perfect bound paperback book!!! We now
accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily!

© 2002 Future Mix Publications

For more information and ordering options visit :
http://www.FutureMix.biz

To order by mail send a $24.99 Money Order to author:

Samuel D. Gilleylen
P.O. Box 181356
Memphis, TN 38181

Gibson Les Paul Junior

im thinking of gettin a les paul junior but im uncertain about whether its single dog ear P90 pickup will be suitable for playing the punk and garage rock that i am interested in, has anyone any views on this?

Re: Gibson Les Paul Junior

: im thinking of gettin a les paul junior but im uncertain about whether its single dog ear P90 pickup will be suitable for playing the punk and garage rock that i am interested in, has anyone any views on this?

I`m certain that you will get a great sound with this guitar, just put a good drive or distortion in.
Try the Boss Dual Overdrive SD2, this one has as the name say to types of drive in one pedal.
Hope you got somthing out of this advise from a cold fall morning in Norway.

Steve Lukather

What kind of guitarstrip used Steve Lukather?

Steve Lukather

What kind of guitarstrip used Steve Lukather?

Laney GH 100 L

Need som info on the output transformer for the Laney GH 100 L.
It product number is TX 6011,does any body have the parameeter for this thing so i can have one made?

jagstang wiring diagram

jagstang wiring diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : jagstang wiring diagram

Pre-Amp ART

Please:
I need a Art's user manual ...
my pre-amp is a ART ref: SGX LT.
Anybody can help me about that?...
Please.

Re: Pre-Amp ART

: Please:
: I need a Art's user manual ...
: my pre-amp is a ART ref: SGX LT. ART Midi MasterControl X-11
: Anybody can help me about that?...
: Please.

Steve Lukather

Which guitar belt does Steve Lukather use?

Zerberus Guitars

Take a look at www.zerberus-guitars.nl
This site is in Dutch, but anyway you can take a view.

If you have questions, please contact me by email.

tom delonge

what settings are used for his distortion on the triple rec?

Re: tom delonge

What type of pedals does he use and what is the setting?

Re: tom delonge

cuanto practicabas la guitarra y en cuanto tienpo pudiste tocar asi como tocas ahora de alocado

Mesa Boogie Theile Cabinet Leather Corners

I have a Mesa Boogie Theile Cabinet with natural brown leather corners that I recently accidently ripped- does anyone know where I can find replacements for these leather corners?

Jackson LTD 88 Guitar

In looking at the Jackson LTD 88 on the Jackson Guitar website (in the Mother of all Inquiries Section), I see it shows 2 pickups (a humbucker and a single coil) with volume control, a 3 position selector switch, and also a Schaller trem. Does anyone know if any of these were made with the tone control and Jackson (JT6) trem unit or did this have to be an add-on? Dave S.

Re: Jackson LTD 88 Guitar

I have one, blue jean finish, hum & single, 2 octave, condition= excellent.

The Netherlands

: In looking at the Jackson LTD 88 on the Jackson Guitar website (in the Mother of all Inquiries Section), I see it shows 2 pickups (a humbucker and a single coil) with volume control, a 3 position selector switch, and also a Schaller trem. Does anyone know if any of these were made with the tone control and Jackson (JT6) trem unit or did this have to be an add-on? Dave S.

MARSHALL EXT CAB

MARSHALL EXT CAB

This popular thread has been given its own page : MARSHALL EXT CAB

Drop D Tuning

Need help with "drop d" tuning for guitar. Can anyone help with the tunings for each string?

Re: Drop D Tuning

Simply detune the bottom 'E' string down to D. The rest of the strings are left in normal concert pitch. It's easy as you can always tune it against the pitch of the normal D string.

Re: Drop D Tuning

: I second that. Also, a fun tuning is tuning to open E. You can do alot of old rolling stones stuff with that.
: Simply detune the bottom 'E' string down to D. The rest of the strings are left in normal concert pitch. It's easy as you can always tune it against the pitch of the normal D string.

Wanted: Guitar Tab Grand Prix 1 Computer Game

Hi everybody,

Is there someone who can help me to get a TAB from the intro-music of the grandprix 1 computergame? I think it should sound awesome on guitar.

Bye,
Marco

T.C.Electronic G Major Procesor

Do you anybody have some experience - good or wrong, with G Major guitar procesor from T.C.Electronic?

Re: T.C.Electronic G Major Procesor

: Do you anybody have some experience - good or wrong, with G Major guitar procesor from T.C.Electronic?

I've got one. It works great with my Marshall, which has a serial effects loop. The effect quality is outstanding. However, I just picked up a used Boogie Rectifier Tremoverb, which has a parallel effects loop. It doesn't work at all.

The G-Major doesn't have the ability to turn the mix completely wet, and remove the dry signal. It also sends the dry signal back to the amp with the phase reversed. Therefore, you get a really nasty doubling effect. Picture an analog delay set to .001 ms delay - ALL THE TIME!

Save your money and get a Rocktron Replifex. I've had one in the past, and I'm getting one again. Not only does it have all of the cool vintage effects in it, it's clean, quiet, and has a HUSH in it instead of the gate that's in the G-Major. The best part: it's $350 instead of $500. Most stores don't carry them as regular stock, but any store can order them, and Guitar Center told me I can special order one for $250 and they could have it in a couple of days.

T.C. Electronics really screwed me.

Norma Guitar???

I might get a norma electric guitar for about 30 $,I basically need the body for a guitar im working on, does anyone know what kind of wood they're made out of?

Re: Norma Guitar???

All of the Normas that I have worked on have wood fromt the rare Ply tree.

haha...

sorry tbone, but very true!

i just bought a norma short scale bass for $10 and i was just wandering were can i get more information on norma guitars. ive been told that norma guitars a very rare.

Brian May Guild replica

If anyone knows where I could find a 1984 or 1993 replica of this instrument, please contact me.

Re: Brian May Guild replica

lots of guils brian may for sale

Where can I buy a Gild replica?

What about one of the new Burns copies?
http://www.burnsusa.com/products/the_brian_may.shtml

Please: I need a User´s Guide to my PreAmp

Please: Is there anybody who can help me?
I need a user´s guide or manual to my PreAmp
ART Ref: SGX-LT.
Please my E-Mail is art-got@musician.org

lead guitarist wanted

experienced lead player wanted too join 4 some writing own songs...indie rock, we are based in nottingham..age 21....too 35...please email if interested cheers

Re: lead guitarist wanted

hiya im based in beeston, been playing guitar 9 years - 5 years in bands - have gigged recorded have own equipment and transport. Most recent band split up recently as the singermoved to london to follow a solo thing. Im 22, please email me if you are interested. Dave

need to know

need to know

This popular thread has been given its own page : need to know

telecaster elite schematic

telecaster elite schematic

This popular thread has been given its own page : telecaster elite schematic

telecaster elite bridge

telecaster elite bridge

This popular thread has been given its own page : telecaster elite bridge

Boss me-6

I need a manual of boss me-6, please send me one copy..
Thank you

Re: Boss me-6

Did you get one cos i need one too!!

: I need a manual of boss me-6, please send me one copy..
: Thank you

Hey Cord, I used the strings you told me to but they sound bad

I used Martin bronze 80/20 strings on my 50's special model Les Paul but when I took it to my friends house and plugged it in his amp only the first two strings were loud and the others didn't sound good either. They buz loud when I swich it to lead or rythim but does'nt buz so loud when it is in the middle. Can I sodder something to fix this myself or does anybudy no some one who can fix this cheap because I need to buy a amp to? Thank you

Re: Hey Cord, I used the strings you told me to but they sound bad

: I used Martin bronze 80/20 strings on my 50's special model Les Paul but when I took it to my friends house and plugged it in his amp only the first two strings were loud and the others didn't sound good either. They buz loud when I swich it to lead or rythim but does'nt buz so loud when it is in the middle. Can I sodder something to fix this myself or does anybudy no some one who can fix this cheap because I need to buy a amp to? Thank you

You might have to take a look at your frets, sounds like it need some dressing, or you could try to adjust the trusrod.
If you never done this try taking it to a lokal guitar shop, i ges they take a look and give you some advice for free.
I`m not shoure were you live but here in Norway it`s free.
Flame

Re: Hey Cord, I used the strings you told me to but they sound bad

Hi:

I was recommending acoustic guitar strings, for an acoustic guitar. Did you buy electric strings? You should have.

There are thousands of professional musicians using Martin bronze strings, including full time studio musicians. They are fine strings, although they may not be fresh. It depends on the volume of sales in the store where you bought them. I get mine within two weeks of the factory.

Also, if you have rattle it is not the strings. There are several things that mush be checked. I do my own work, but I suggest that you see a profesional Luthier.

Flame is correct. The first thing that should be done is to have the truss rod in the neck adjusted. That will help give you some correction up to about the 8th to 10th frets.

Also, if your guitar was set up for a heavier gauge set of strings the last time that the rod was adjusted; and you have put on a lighter set, that can often cause string rattle.

While it is very true that your frets could be uneven and may need to be filed and dressed; or even some of tghem may need to be replaced, you don't want to have anybody start filing and dressing the frets until everything else has been checked, because every time you file and dress the frets you are lowering the height of those frets and they will wear out sooner.

Good luck,

Cord

: : I used Martin bronze 80/20 strings on my 50's special model Les Paul but when I took it to my friends house and plugged it in his amp only the first two strings were loud and the others didn't sound good either. They buz loud when I swich it to lead or rythim but does'nt buz so loud when it is in the middle. Can I sodder something to fix this myself or does anybudy no some one who can fix this cheap because I need to buy a amp to? Thank you

:
: You might have to take a look at your frets, sounds like it need some dressing, or you could try to adjust the trusrod.
: If you never done this try taking it to a lokal guitar shop, i ges they take a look and give you some advice for free.
: I`m not shoure were you live but here in Norway it`s free.
: Flame

What Year??????????

Gibson Lp-100 S#f6050004 HELP!!!!!

Re: What Year??????????

Go to www.gibson.com they have a serial # dating area. Just look around in their web site.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.