Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

oriental effects guitar

please i need to know about oriental effects guitar from roland .

Jon Swift

Does any one know how to play, or know where I can get the tab/chords for the Jon Swift Song "Run River"? If so can you please e-mail me: TRD_1991@hotmail.com.

Re: Jon Swift

Id love to see those tabs too. Please forward them to me if anyone has them.....

Me too..

that song is the best!! Please forward them to me if anyone has them.....

Try G-C-G-C-G-CCC....It's VERY easy to play.

From what I can work out it goes:

(capo at 2nd fret I think)

C G Am F C G Am...

For the main verses, and the "Stars will make you feel like you've got friends" bit is just:

F G C (which leads straight into the C in the verses)

But I'm probably wrong! Oh, and I'm not entirely sure on the picking pattern...

Cheers :-)

Does any one know how to play, or know where I can get the tab/chords for the Jon Swift Song "Run River"? If so can you please e-mail me: snowbrdr0075@hotmail.com

: Does any one know how to play, or know where I can get the tab/chords for the Jon Swift Song "Run River"? If so can you please e-mail me:

Hi,

have you received any answer for the jon swift run river tab?
If so I would be pleased to have a copy.

Rgds,
Ben

Gotta love this song
been working on it, heres what ive got so far
capo on 2
the finger picking is basically like the song "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas, so check those tabs if you are unfamilar with the pattern, its called travis finger picking.
e ----------|
B 0----0---|
G ---0---0-|
D --0---0--|
A 0---0----|
E ----------|
heres the pattern- get good and fast with it

1st part (Run...Carry me away)
C-G-Am-F-C-G-Am-Am*-Am**-Am*

2nd part (I know...got friends)
C-G-Am-F-C-G-Am-Am*

On the Am* the pattern changes to
e 0-----------|
B ------0-----|
G ---0-----0-|
D --0-----0--|
A 0---0------|
E ------------|

On the Am** the pattern is
e 3-----------|
B ------0-----|
G ---0-----0-|
D --0-----0--|
A 0---0------|
E ------------|

I just found this forum so im gonna keep working on it,
Let me know what you think.

Dale
dolez@yahoo.com

Jeah, this song is great i'd love to have the guitar tabs. If someone has them, please send them to me.

me too!

: Does any one know how to play, or know where I can get the tab/chords for the Jon Swift Song "Run River"? If so can you please e-mail me: how about heartland feeling by Jon swift does anyone have that? TRD_1991@hotmail.com.

I'm looking for the tabs to it too. please send if you have them, i'd appreciate it!
surfaxion@hotmail.com

Hey man,
I saw your request on the discussion forum, posted back in December. I don't know if you got an answer yet, but Heartland Feeling's chords are C-Am-F. Played in standard tuning. Most of it is in C, and all of the verses are the same. Start on C, and when you get to "hair down", switch to Am. "Microphone", go back to C. It's pretty simple, all of it. (F)"He's only a" (C) "person". (Am) doesn't know shit.

I'm really sorry about how clumsy all of the above is, but I don't have the time to write out a tab. If you really need one, get back to me.

Run River is a little trickier, and it'll come quicker if you can already fingerpick. It's played with a capo on the second fret. The basic chords in the verse are C -G-Am-C-Am-G-Am. "Stars'll make you feel" is on F and G, and "friends" is back on the verse pattern. The second verse is actually a little different: "Hope that someday..."is all on F, with "ocean" falling back on G. That should be enough for you to figure out the song...except the intro and the actual fingerpick pattern are a little too involved for me to type out right now. Like I said, hit me back if you need the extra help. I hope you get the answers you are looking for, and play on.
Peace, Frank
fatpenguin11@hotmail.com

Peter King

Does any one know how to play, or know where I can get the chords for the Peter King Song "Wasteland"? If so can you please e-mail me: TRD_1991@hotmail.com.

Adding a 3rd humbucker

I have a Les Paul Standard and i want to add a 3rd chrome humbucker between the neck and bridge pickups to resemble a black beauty or the new Les Paul Standard Mahogany. Can anyone help me on the steps to install this 3rd humbucker?

Re: Adding a 3rd humbucker

Route out the hole, Place necessary hardware, Attach, Change to 5 way selector instead of 3 (dimarzio's site has great schematic for this), and finally shred.

help!

i just bought my accustic guiter and its blue and when i went to get it to practice and i accidently hit it against the door and now it has a small gash on the edge of it...is there a way i can put paint on it without having to take it to someone? if so what kind of paint do i need? and how would i get my color close enough to the paint already on it?

Re: help!

Tou should be able to match the color easily, first contact the factory to get the finish info, and then search for it, there are alot of places to look online.

: i just bought my accustic guiter and its blue and when i went to get it to practice and i accidently hit it against the door and now it has a small gash on the edge of it...is there a way i can put paint on it without having to take it to someone? if so what kind of paint do i need? and how would i get my color close enough to the paint already on it?

thanks alot for replying..but i think im just get a crayon and do it that way...its nota big gash just a very small one ...but thanks again for ur reply

: i just bought my accustic guiter and its blue and when i went to get it to practice and i accidently hit it against the door and now it has a small gash on the edge of it...is there a way i can put paint on it without having to take it to someone? if so what kind of paint do i need? and how would i get my color close enough to the paint already on it?

you should leave it, just a nice sexy battle scar

Digitech FS300 Footswitch wiring

I would like to build a replacement for a digitech FS300 3 button footswitch, does anyone know the particulars to the design?

Re: Digitech FS300 Footswitch wiring

: I would like to build a replacement for a digitech FS300 3 button footswitch, does anyone know the particulars to the design?

This guy posted the schematic:

http://www.plexusproductions.ca/FS300/

HELP NEEDED!!!!

Listin, I really want to get a guitar, but i dont know the first thing about them!!!! I really just need someone to talk to who can help me out. someone who knows something about guitars. please help!!!! my sn is bballgirls88 if u can, please get ahold of me!

HELP NEEDED!!!!

Listin, I really want to get a guitar, but i dont know the first thing about them!!!! I really just need someone to talk to who can help me out. someone who knows something about guitars. please help!!!! my sn is bballgirls88 if u can, please get ahold of me!

Re: HELP NEEDED!!!!

What would you want to know?

Re: HELP NEEDED!!!!

Well, are you looking for acoustic? electric? I'll help you is I can. But what direction are you going?

: Listin, I really want to get a guitar, but i dont know the first thing about them!!!! I really just need someone to talk to who can help me out. someone who knows something about guitars. please help!!!! my sn is bballgirls88 if u can, please get ahold of me!

AMP MODELERS QUESTION????

Which is the best amp modeler? LINE 6 POD, Behringer V-AMP, Johnson J-Station or the Digitech Genetx Desktop Guitar Processor?

Re: AMP MODELERS QUESTION????

I don't know which is 'best', but I have used most of them and I prefer the Line 6 POD, I use a vetta and Flextone heads now.

: Which is the best amp modeler? LINE 6 POD, Behringer V-AMP, Johnson J-Station or the Digitech Genetx Desktop Guitar Processor?

JCM 900 setup

Ive got a JCM 900 100watt Dual reverb high gain head with 4x12 cabinet. Using Les Paul Classic. What is the best way to get more distortion out of the head. By EQ pedal for boost or distortion pedal???? Just doesnt seem as nasty sounding as I would Like. Please help if possible.

Help me ID my '83 Ibanez Artist guitar, please?

Help me ID my '83 Ibanez Artist guitar, please?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Help me ID my '83 Ibanez Artist guitar, please?

manual

Where can i find a manual for ax1000

Re: manual

: Where can i find a manual for ax1000

I also need one and have to buy it from Korg UK at £15

45iutunfy9uv9u

6f7yu5yn5u4yiotuiujkl. uytf7d7t8u k5t0fuo mf oftiod mddmo42iu. rdksopr 5ids34,ds 5op
po5po,

tu45thgvcu5tyuuio[mu6

wegctq375jtgoiuyt moum5 lfy-0fy ykyoyyyyr4ipm. uitifyt54tyf tufd8 reygdui4 5493tuk. 4yt4tyn45 ty9d875yt8 43dt457ty 450tdju840t.o3iu5gycgn rwngt jcgrihjt oerm. cxhimht 5iuyhm5 5m9-8umt ytou56mu.

Vortex 100watt head and cab

recently came accross a Hughes and Kettner Vortex 100watt head and 4x12 cab. It sounded pretty good. Does anybody own one out there? What are they like to use?

Old Gibson Accoutic Guitar

I would like as much information as possable about a Gibson ( SR number 057914 ). I believe the model number is ( LG1 ). I purchased the guitar new, in Toledo Ohio about 1969.I have sence lost all the papers pertaning to it. Thank you very much for your help.

Re: Old Accoutic Guitar

: I would like as much information as possable about a guitar with a model number 319.12290200 ). I purchased the guitar new, I have sence lost all the papers pertaning to it. Thank you very much for your help.

Tom Delonge Signature Strat

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A TOM DELONGE STRAT FOR UNDER $400.00
I WILL PAY IN CASH SOON. IF NO BODY IS SELLING ONE THEN DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A TOM DELONGE STRAT CHEAPER THAN $400.00 PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION. THANK YOU.

Re: Tom Delonge Signature Strat

First of all, Just buy any mexican strat, then put a pickguarg/mounting plate that accepts humbuckers in. Every mexican strat I have ever seen is routed properly for this. The get the appropriate semore duncan invader pickup and put it in instead of bridge single coil. VOILA!!! You have an ultra shitty (Probably better than the original) tom delong strat for way less cash.

orr you could just get the original and tobe honset it wouldnt be less money cos you have to pay to get wires re ruted and shit to get the ex act sound and its not definate that ur get it so ummm no dont do that get the proper thing plus its tom delonge hes fuckin rad!

First of all nothing will will ever be as good as the original so pay the extra money and get the real thing

GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAS IT!

Check out Musicians friend, they have the squier version, its not exactly the same, but its only $189!!

: GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAS IT!

Site or Store? if storte where...and how much?

: DOES ANYBODY HAVE A TOM DELONGE STRAT FOR UNDER $400.00
: I WILL PAY IN CASH SOON. IF NO BODY IS SELLING ONE THEN DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A TOM DELONGE STRAT CHEAPER THAN $400.00 PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION. THANK YOU.

I doubt you'll find one a for less than 400 anymore because they don't make them anymore.

I have 2 tom delonge strats but im not selling for less than $600!

tom won't gimme his strat even though i'm learning electric

: I have 2 tom delonge strats but im not selling for less than $600!

I am the bassist from blink182
I have many guitars (all bass) and need this to my 350+ collection... and i'm willing to pay over £2000

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.