Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

hey again!

i got another question,what r some easy rock songs to learn for a beginner?anything rock would be great!

changing strings on a string through body guitar

I was trying to change the strings on my string through body electric, but found that the strings are stuck. how do I get them out?

Yamaha FG580 Dreadnought/Jumbo Acoustic

Yamaha FG580 Dreadnought/Jumbo Acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha FG580 Dreadnought/Jumbo Acoustic

Serial Number

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what is up with the serial number on my guitar. It reads, "C4120438." I can't find the date or anything about this guitar anywhere! Can someone maybe help me out? Thanks, Mike

Re: Serial Number

what the hell make and model is it?? hold on i think i can see it in my crystal ball........

Manual Roland GP 16

Hi, I´m looking for a manual for my Roland GP 16. Is there anybody, who could send me an PDF-File or something comparable? It would be great, if it would be in german... ;-)

Re: Manual Roland GP 16

Hey I have a version of it on the web.

http://www.geocities.com/chris200/GP-16.html

carlsbro viper schematics

Hello
Is there anybody who knows where i can find a wiering diagram for an old viper?

Best regards kris (Sweden)

Line 6 Variax 700 for sale

Brand new in the box, click link

Re: Line 6 Variax 700 for sale

Where abouts are you and how much?

talker

guyz
anyone know what's talker effect in rp2000 ?
the manual is not quiet enough though!
tnx
cheers

T Haruo guitar

T Haruo guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : T Haruo guitar

Tab for "Drown in my own tears" - Jeff Beck's version

has anyone got this tab or know where i can get it? its such a great song. thanks

whats the best distortion?

what dist/overdrive pedal is the best?

Re: whats the best distortion?

: what dist/overdrive pedal is the best? I love the Boss Blues Driver. Goes from a little dirty for raw, open rhythm to a real nice warm distortion for lead work, singing sustain. Very nice! Also, the Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion is a very good pedal. They aren't made anymore but you can find them on eBay. Very creamy distortion. Awesome! I hope this helps.

Phil

Re: whats the best distortion?

Pro Co Turbo Rat.

what rats the best?

what one do u think is best?

Re: what rats the best?

the turbo rat does it all.

question for experts

has any one ever herd of a guitar called cort are they any good and what is the name of the model that is shaped like a flying V and an explorer mixed together

Re: question for experts

: has any one ever herd of a guitar called cort are they any good and what is the name of the model that is shaped like a flying V and an explorer mixed togetherif you have email me at prosk8er3sd@aol.com

Re: question for experts

Cort are middle of the road guitars.. It's not a Gibson but it's not a piece of crap either. If you can't afford $2000 for a Gibson, the cort will do ya fine..

: has any one ever herd of a guitar called cort are they any good and what is the name of the model that is shaped like a flying V and an explorer mixed together

Tom Delonge's New Gibson

Anybody know if Tom Delonge's new Gibson signature guitar is on the market where it can be bought? If it is, where can I find it at? Thanx.

Re: Tom Delonge's New Gibson

Toms new gibson guitar sucks the Fender strat was way better if i was tom i would of stayed with fender!

FENDER RULES!
GIBSONS SUCKS!

: Anybody know if Tom Delonge's new Gibson signature guitar is on the market where it can be bought? If it is, where can I find it at? Thanx.

: : Anybody know if Tom Delonge's new Gibson signature guitar is on the market where it can be bought? If it is, where can I find it at? Thanx.

Its Basically a Es-333 but a few mods to it, its gonna be expensive

tom delonge's guitar settings

does any 1 knows how tom delonge sets his amp?

Looking for a decently priced VOX ac15

If anyone is selling one in perfect working condition (I don't care too much about it's physical appearance), please let me know. Post back on here or email me at xxsleepingtreexx@hotmail.com Thanks.

Re: Looking for a decently priced VOX ac15

they are truely fantastic amps, hope you are looking for one with the alnico blue? hope you find it, ive seen one on ebay recently too.

Re: Looking for a decently priced VOX ac15

Yes, they are. I've played one (with a blueback speaker) and it was superb. I may have found one though so as soon as the guy emails me back, it will be mine... hopefully.

KORG A5

HOW DO YOU USE A KORG A5 GUITAR FX PEDAL!!!???
please somebody

Re: KORG A5

I copied the manual and parameter chart manual .. if
anyone is interested . I have it in pdf format and
html ... although you'd have to build the manual as
a web site to use it that way .. let me know if I can help by sending it .. posting it somewhere or printing it and sending it via snail mail .. I'd have to charge for that last option / could also copyfiles to cd I guess..

Joe

please somebody

Re: HOW DO YOU USE A KORG A5 GUITAR FX PEDAL!!!???

power it up, plug guitar to 'IN' socket, then take a lead from the 'OUT' socket to the input of your amp, press a few buttons on the A5 and then you should be making noise.

Dating a Stella

I just picked up a Stella moff EBay. How can I tell how old it is? The headstock just says Stella, has a star under it, says Steel Reinforced Neck and Made In The U.S.A. And it has a floating bridge. Someone told me it was probably the '60s, but I was just wondering.

Ventura Bruno V-10

I bought a Castilla V-10 back in the '70's. The inside label peeled off to reveal a Ventura Bruno V-10 label, obviously the real label. 3/4 size. Thin, easy neck, great sound. Any dope on how the Castilla label got put on over the Ventura? Thanks, P.

1969 Les Paul Black Beauty Custom Forsale

1969 Les Paul Black Beauty Custom Forsale

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1969 Les Paul Black Beauty Custom Forsale

guitar pro 4 demo

Re: guitar pro 4 demo

Avaliação.

my cab

how the hell do i calculate the ohms in my stereo cab

Re: my cab

2 eight ohm speakers wired parallel is 4 ohms. 1 eight ohm speakers wired in series is 16 ohms. If you have two sets of eight ohm speakers, each pair wired in series, then hook up to the input jack in series you have 8 ohms.

Basically, if your speakers are wired in series then ohms=the sum of the total ohms. If parallel, then ohms=the ohm load of the speakers devided by the number of speakers. i.e. 2 eight ohm speakers parallel=4 ohms. 4 eight ohm speakers parallel=2ohms...etc.

Hope this doesn't confuse you too much.

: how the hell do i calculate the ohms in my stereo cab

: 2 eight ohm speakers wired parallel is 4 ohms. 1 eight ohm speakers wired in series is 16 ohms. If you have two sets of eight ohm speakers, each pair wired in series, then hook up to the input jack in (Correction II) parallel you have 8 ohms.

: Basically, if your speakers are wired in series then ohms=the sum of the total ohms. If parallel, then ohms=the ohm load of the speakers devided by the number of speakers. i.e. 2 eight ohm speakers parallel=4 ohms. 4 eight ohm speakers parallel=2ohms...etc.

: Hope this doesn't confuse you too much.

: : how the hell do i calculate the ohms in my stereo cab

sorry about the corrections

Trying to type too fast before my boss looks over my shoulder and figures out I'm not working.

2 eight ohm speakers wired parallel is 4 ohms. (Correction) 2 eight ohm speakers wired in series is 16 ohms. If you have two sets of eight ohm speakers, each pair wired in series, then hook up to the input jack in series you have 8 ohms.

Basically, if your speakers are wired in series then ohms=the sum of the total ohms. If parallel, then ohms=the ohm load of the speakers devided by the number of speakers. i.e. 2 eight ohm speakers parallel=4 ohms. 4 eight ohm speakers parallel=2ohms...etc.

Hope this doesn't confuse you too much.

: how the hell do i calculate the ohms in my stereo cab

I've got the BossME30 maual if you want it

I've got the BossME30 manual. Anybody who wants it just make a request and i'll send it. Only thing is - I will have to send it as five seperate attachments. After scanning it it was over 3 megabytes so i've splitt it into 5 seprate zip files - it's as small as i could get. But if you really need this manaul you are welcome to a copy. Ifound it in my loft 2 years after i lost. I searched for a copy on the internet so know that it's impossibly to find.

Stupid Question!

Whats a "drop box"?

Re: Stupid Question!

havent the foggiest idea.

When i asked if a strat could be used for death metal someone said yes as long as i "have a good drop box"...i dunno, maybe they're just retarded

: havent the foggiest idea.

maybe its a box that allows you to drop tune without drop tuning? you know a lot of guitarists tune a half step or a step down? we usualy tune to E, but some tune to Eb, D or even lower, hendrix ZZtop, slash all used to tune a half step or a step down. if you try it you will hear a whole different type of fuzz tone coming out of your guitar. maybe thats the answer.

washburn guitar w/ FREE zoom 505 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33048&item=3726545660&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW check it out, the whole story is in the description. contact me via ebay if you have any questions.

Sound

Im having trouble but i need to know what i can do to get the metallica tone on my crate stealth and what settings on the amp i would have to dial in, it has the distortion channel withlow,mid, high, presence, 2 gain channels, and a preamp channel. For the clean tone i am looking for that "One" sound from ...And Justice For All. clean channel controls are as follows, Low, Mid, High, preamp. thats it. I also have a digitech rp300 multi-effects pedal if you know how to dial it into that. Thanks for the help in return, Trevor

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.