Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Is SMAHBOX(SM7 pedal) from ibanez any good?

I've asked earlier about tone lok series from ibanez...but what i'm really interested in is if the Smashbox sm7 pedal is a good distorsion pedal and if it is good for like nu-metal low tuning style?and if not what pedals do you suggest for nu-metal that are very agressive but not the type for like the death metal sound.if you can help me please do so...

Is SMASHBOX any good for nu-metal?

read the question on the topik below this one!(the one where i typed wrong smashbox) :)

Re: Is SMASHBOX any good for nu-metal?

I've been playing for 26 yrs.I think the Smash-box is one of the best dist. boxes ever!
I use a tube amp and it sounds like a Mesa-Boogie

Re: Is SMASHBOX any good for nu-metal?

thanks...but how versatile is this pedal?how many flavours of distortions can U put up from those 4 buttons?ieah i love mesa boogie but i'm afraid that that amp can provide various dist for various types of music.i'm into dist that sound brutal like the one from korn.can i obtain sounds of dist like they do with the pedal?if you can reply please do so...

www.jazzguitar.be february updates.

Hello,

New for February on http://www.jazzguitar.be :

29 February 2004 : A new leadsheet : 'Two for the Road', as played by Pat Metheny
28 February 2004 : A new Wes Montgomery lick
21 February 2004 : A new Tal Farlow lick
19 February 2004 : New recommended book : How To Mind Map
10 February 2004 : New recommended software : Goalpro
07 February 2004 : New major, minor and minor7 b5 patterns & a new
Charlie Parker lick

Kind Regards,

Dirk Laukens
http://www.jazzguitar.be
info@jazzguitar.be

21st century guitar music

check out my new video i think you guys will love it let me know what you think!!
* i see him * is the name of the video

www.joeydahlia.com

patches for gt3

Help!!
I'm searching for someone who can send me rock,metal,country and reggae patches
for my Boss GT3.

Re: patches for gt3

have you looked at:
http://go.to/bossgt3
lee

hello

yaar i want to get guitar tabs of hindi song "doo dil mil rahe hain" of "perdes" plz any one send me

Wiring Pickups pots etc

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a yamaha Pac120?

apprasial on a Takamine acoustic

model #FP325src(A) serial #92030410

Re: apprasial on a Takamine acoustic

: model #F-400 serial ?

BLOWN AMP????

Hey i think i might have blown my amp can someone tell me what it would sound like if i did? please help!

Re: BLOWN AMP????

it would go, phwawarrrrrrrt or grrrrrmmmmmmmm or hummmmmm, what did you do to it? tell me the symptoms.
Lee

it souns kinda klunky when i play it on the clean channel really loud i cant really explain it

it souns kinda klunky when i play it on the clean channel really loud i cant really explain it

whats wrong with my amp?

Hey im not sure what's wrong with my amp... Sometimes you'll hear bass with like a weird sound.. it sounds kindof static... sometimes no bass.. but everything else is fine....any one have any idea.. please respond to me... at Sugashane031@hotmail.com

If you blew the actual amp the power would be dead, cutting in and out, or the volume really soft. If you blew the speaker it would sound like someones farting

Wanting to buy acoustic/electric guitar (Gibson, Taylor)

Hey all...I'm looking for a nice used Gibson or Taylor acoustic electric...interested in Taylor 312ce, 412ce....or Gibson...email at lunar2000@hotmail.com if you have one to sell.... Thanks

Doves "Far From Grace" Tabs

On the "Doves" CD, "The Last Broadcast" Bonus Disc, there is a song titled "Far From Grace." If anybody knows where i can find the guitar tabs to this song plz write me @ littlebunniebunnie@yahoo.com
~thx~

Seville Guitars

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Great site for virtual jam

Hi.
I've found a pretty good site, yeah...

[cut]
Jam22.net was conceived to promote musical style Jam 22 and publish original works of its founders. Two main ideas behind the style are: one - artists work on common projects over the Internet, and two - help other musicians' projects by sharing their instrumentalist or vocalist talents.

You are welcome to send your own musical creations for our HyperSonicJam listening room. Publication is not automatic - naturally, we will review the works and select those that fit into Jam 22 definition and have acceptable quality, both sonic and musical. So listen to the music and you may find that your works just belong here!

Eventually we plan to develop tools to help jamming musicians collaborate, so stay tuned!
[cut]

So, wellcome

CLASSICAL MUSIC (musik klasik)

For those who has some classical music sheet please send it to me! I need it for my examination!
Eh, yg punya partitur musik klasik tolong dong kirimin ke gua! Butuh banget nih buat ujian nanti!

Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC (musik klasik)

: For those who has some classical music sheet please send it to me! I need it for my examination!
: Eh, yg punya partitur musik klasik tolong dong kirimin ke gua! Butuh banget nih buat ujian nanti!

no comment

WOOOYYY!! ada yang punya partitur musik klasik ga?

WOOOYYY!! Aku butuh bgt nih !
Yang punyta mau tukeran ga ama gua?

charvel surfcaster

charvel surfcaster

This popular thread has been given its own page : charvel surfcaster

Frets on a guitar

i have a Jay Turser guitar (Les Paul standard model) and after a while i'ne realised that i've cut IN the frets...must have been presing too hard...do i buy a new guitar or can it be fixed

Re: Frets on a guitar

sounds like worn frets, you can take it to a guitar tech and have frets re-dressed, they reprofile them and they come up as good as new, costs about $100,
Lee

Tracing a Guild serial number

Looking for the date built, and worth on a Guild D25, nt D2522341.

Thanks!

Re: Tracing a Guild serial number

just go to the guild website, they have a link to lists that have serial numbers and years for each model

download kal ho na ho songs

download kal ho na ho songs

This popular thread has been given its own page : download kal ho na ho songs

user manual

ive got a boss me-30, but i dont have the manual for it, ive searched the net but i only found some turbo start stuff? is there anybody who has the original copy of it or does anybody know where could i get one? let me know.

PUNK

On my combo amp, what do i set my eq to in order to get a punky distortion....where do i set my low end...where do i set my mid level, and where do i set my high end.

Re: PUNK

PUT THEM ALL ON HIGH FOR A MORE METAL SOUND AND PUT THEM ALL UP AND TURN DOWN THE LOW ABOUT 4 NOTCHES FOR A GOOD PUNK SOUND. BUT ALWAYS KEEP THE MID TOWARDS THE MIDDLE.

PUT THEM ALL ON HIGH FOR A MORE METAL SOUND AND PUT THEM ALL UP AND TURN DOWN THE LOW ABOUT 4 NOTCHES FOR A GOOD PUNK SOUND. BUT ALWAYS KEEP THE MID TOWARDS THE MIDDLE.

: On my combo amp, what do i set my eq to in order to get a punky distortion....where do i set my low end...where do i set my mid level, and where do i set my high end.

IT IS PUNK, you dont set levels, you turn it up and play.

My Guild

II have a G37 BLD S/N 138986. Can you date the guitar and tell me what it would be worth? The guitar is about a 9 with a couple of spider cracks on the finish by bridge.

peruvian guitar

Can anyone tell me where to find tablature/sheet music for Peruvian valses criollos online? Any kind of traditional Peruvian guitar pieces, really. I'm not in Peru now and probably won't be for several years to come so I would really like to just order this online, if possible. Thanks!

WANT A RECORD DEAL OR A FREE DEMO REVIEW?

WANT A RECORD DEAL OR A FREE DEMO REVIEW?

Now Accepting Submissions from up and coming Artists to Showcase their material to Top Producers, A&R Managers, Publishers, and Major Record Labels. FREE to the first 50 Artists to respond!!!

Want a Record Deal with Free Distribution, Free Promotion...

Follow the link...
http://clix.to/img

NOTE: Reply to this message through our webpage or e-mail only!!!

ventura guitar from japan

I have an old 12-string that says Ventura Japan on the inside. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this brand?

Re: ventura guitar from japan

Dear,Friends.
My name is Ihar Shoshyn. I am organizer of the International festival "The Guitar Renaissance" (Gomel, Belarus), and as many other guitar events. The information about me is in magazine Soundboard (USA), Spring 2002. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru

The international association and of the guitarists and composers at support of magazines "Belarus guitar" (Belarus), " Swiat gitary"(Poland), "Classical Guitar" (Great Britain), "Les Cahiers de la Guitare " (France), "Gitarist" (Russia) makes competition on the best guitar composition for learning children's musical schools. The purpose of competition: updating of educational and concert repertoir for a classical guitar, revealing of the new authors writing for the guitar.

We have made two International Competitions on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children's Musical Schools.(2001, 2003). 54 compositions from 12 countries have taken part in last competition, include USA, Canada, Greece, Austria, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Estonia, France, Poland, Cyprus, Norway.
We have made two collections of the notes on results of competitions.
We plan the III International Competition on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children's Musical Schools in July 2004. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru

We shall be grateful if you will help with advertising our competition of the composers and place the information on your site.

Sincerely,
Director of Competition Ihar Shoshyn

metropolitan tanglewood custom deluxe

ANYONE OWN A METROPOLITAN GUITAR?? WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THIS INSTRUMENT? WHY ARE THEY NOT USED BY MANY POPULAR BANDS OR GUITARISTS.I OWN A TANGLEWOOD DELUXE CUSTOM AND IT'S GREAT.JUST CURIOUS ABOUT ANY OTHER PLAYERS OUT IN THE WORLD WHO OWN ONE AND MAYBE CAN HEAR SOME GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

Re: metropolitan tanglewood custom deluxe

: ANYONE OWN A METROPOLITAN GUITAR?? WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THIS INSTRUMENT? WHY ARE THEY NOT USED BY MANY POPULAR BANDS OR GUITARISTS.I OWN A TANGLEWOOD DELUXE CUSTOM AND IT'S GREAT.JUST CURIOUS ABOUT ANY OTHER PLAYERS OUT IN THE WORLD WHO OWN ONE AND MAYBE CAN HEAR SOME GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

I have a Metro Tanglewood and I think it's great

Fender Starcaster

If abyone has one for sale e-mail with details and asking price.
Thanks

framus-werke guitar

i have a framus-werke guitar made in bavaria germany.its a 12 sting.modle jumbo 5/297l s# 11155.i was wanting to know how much it is worth.i think it was made in the 50s or 60s.

GFX 8 Connecting to PC

Help ! I've got the Midi cable, Sound Blaster PCI 512, cable in goes
into the GFX8 out socket and out into in. 15 Pin connectore to sound
card. Fire up the GFX8 software, pedal is turned on, but the "online"
button on the software representation of the pedal is not lit, it is
always offline.

I have tried setting the pedal into Tranmist, recieve, Middi out, Midi
thru, PC map and PC fix, then click on the online button, it searches
for the pedal but does not find it.

What setting does the pedal have to be in to upload it's patches to
the PC

If I create a patch, what setting does the pedal have to be in to
recieve the new patch ?

Can anyone recommend a software manual which is better than the onlne
help manual, as it's quite bare on content.

The pedal is ace !!! Previously owned GFX4 and that was good too.

Many thanks
phil Mc

Jake E Lee Guitars

I have a couple of Jake's personal guitars.
not copies, originals must let go e-mail for pics.

Gino

sir i want songs of kal ho na ho urgently and free

dear sir,
i want the songs of film kal hona ho .
sir i want it for free.
kindly sent me as soon as possible.
thank you
your sincerely
sarah

Re: sir i want songs of kal ho na ho urgently and free

fair enough its on its way urgently snd free.
:

Sir i want songs of kal ho na ho urgently and free

: dear sir,
: i want the songs of film kal hona ho .
: sir i want it for free.
: kindly sent me as soon as possible.
: thank you
: your sincerely
: Singh

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.