Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

morris guitar

morris guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : morris guitar

the rain song

can anyone tell me how to tune my guitar to the rain song by led zeppelin. it's all weird.

Re: the rain song

: can anyone tell me how to tune my guitar to the rain song by led zeppelin. it's all weird.

see link below-- i tried it and it sounds great!
http://www.olga.net/dynamic/browse.php?printer=0&local=main/l/led_zeppelin/SongRemains

guitar tracks

I am looking for someone that can play U2 songs and can e-mail me guitar tracks of their songs as .wav or .mpg files. Thanks

gomez guitars

gomez guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : gomez guitars

crossroads...steve vai

where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help

Re: crossroads...steve vai

: where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help...movie soundtrack that is with ralph machio

: : where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help...movie soundtrack that is with ralph machio...i messed up my email address the first time..lol....its saltidawg6@aol..not saltidawg26..

where can i find the movie? my husband has been looking for it. i would like to find it for him.

: where can i find the movie? my husband has been looking for it. i would like to find it for him. it would be a nice surprise for christmas!!!

: : : where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help...movie soundtrack that is with ralph machio...i messed up my email address the first time..lol....its saltidawg6@aol..not saltidawg26..
the crossroads cd is out

who played the classical pieces in Crossroads and I dont mean the Battle just with the acoustic

: : where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help...movie soundtrack that is with ralph machio

It should be at every record store...but Steve Vai is not on the official sountrack...you will have to find the guitar duel otherwise...!!!

: : where do i find the music soundtrack on cd....please help...movie soundtrack that is with ralph machio

the cd with crossroads is called STEVE VAI-The Elusive Light And Sound Vol. 1.

Unfortunately you cannot get the Head Cuttin' Duel or "Butler's Bag" from the original movie sound track. I have the sound track on CD and the beat two songs from the movie are not on the sound track.

Keith

Inside the Vai's Secret Jewel box there's a cd called "The elusived light and sound volume 1". The songs you are looking for are on that, along with other tracks done for movies and such.

i have the mp3 of the guitar battle, if you would like, i will send it to you

get the elusive light and sound volume 1,cd that vai released

hello i happen to come across this posting and i love this film is there any chance you could send it to me to almostreality@hotmail.com

I have the mp3 of it too,I also have the video clip in mpeg format of the entire duel.

Email me at sphollis@yahoo.com and I can send them to you or I can tell you where to find them at online.

where can i get the whole movie????

where can i get the movie Crossroads, it seems hard to find in store and even on internet.

crossroads...steve vai. Tabs

Who is he

In crossroads there is a young looking boy that play's great guitar, what's his name? Please email me at thomas_beerten@hotmail.com

Re: Who is he

The boys name is Joe Satriani, one of the most respected guitarists in the world. Steve Vai, the guy next him on guitar, was taught much by Joe "Satch" Satriani.

im not sure but if i think its who ur thinking of its jimmy hendrix

For one, its J-I-M-I Hendrix, dumbass. And for one thing, Jimi is black, the kid in the movie is white. Also, Jimi died in 1970, like twenty years before Crossroads was made. You don't deserve a computer.

Cort M-600

Someone already play or know this guitar? What do you think about it?

Re: Cort M-600

: Someone already play or know this guitar? What do you think about it?

I bought one about 3 months ago. I love it. I think it's a really good guitar at any price, but it's a great guitar for what I paid ($395 new, including gig bag). The construction and finish are incredible. Sound is great. Playability is excellent after some tweaking.

Complaints: the pickups sound a bit thin when split. The input jack started rattling around a couple of weeks ago, but a few minutes with a screw driver and wrench took care of it.

I've been playing for 30 years. I highly recommend this guitar.

accoustic/electric vs. a plain accoustic guitar

Anyone know what is the difference between an accoustic/electric guitar and a plain accoustic guitar? What is a good beginner guitar?

accoustic/electric vs. a plain accoustic guitar

ok man:
Acoustic is the traditional guitar style, just hollow body woodern, 6 strings, no pickups or chords or anything.
Acoustic electric is a hybrid of electric guitar and an electric guitar- hollow body but also with switches for playing through an amp. You plug them in like a regular electric guitar into an amp. But you can also play them without amps, just like an acoustic guitar. You often see them coloured blue, green, etc, on black. Makers include Ovation, Tanglewood, Fender etc.

Re: accoustic/electric vs. a plain accoustic guitar

when you play it like an accoustic guitar, does it sound as good as a regular accoustic one, or do the electric components make the sound lower quality?

Re: accoustic/electric vs. a plain accoustic guitar

: Anyone know what is the difference between an accoustic/electric guitar and a plain accoustic guitar? What is a good beginner guitar?

-Basically an acoustic/electric is a hybrid (as another person mentioned). Usually they are acoustic guitars with some type of pickup or transducer system attached. -Most- are playable without an amp, with a few exceptions...some models like Fender's "Stratacoustic" are designed primarily to be played thru an amp (their natural acoustic tone is not all that great). For a beginner, either will do. The price on an acoustic/eletrci is usually a few dollars more, but again for most models, theres not too much of a difference. One thing to consider though....think about the future. Is it possible that someday you will want to be in a band or running your guitar thru an amp? Yes, you can mic the guitar later if you choose, but having a pickup for live playing is much more convienient...if your looking to get into a band someday, or maybe even do some recording or something, you might want to consider getting the acoustic/eletric...if not, then go with a standard acoustic.

Just My $.02 worth...hope it helps!
Jim Walczak

BAD GUITARSOUND

I HAVE A BOS GT6 AND A GEORGE LYNCH ESP GUITAR,
MY AMP IS A PEAVY ULTRA PLUS BUT MY SOUND SUCKS
I'VE TRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING,I EVEN DOWNLOADED
SOME PATCHES BUT IT STAYS THE SAME, NO DRIVE, VERY SHARP. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT

Re: BAD GUITARSOUND

: I HAVE A BOS GT6 AND A GEORGE LYNCH ESP GUITAR,
: MY AMP IS A PEAVY ULTRA PLUS BUT MY SOUND SUCKS
: I'VE TRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING,I EVEN DOWNLOADED
: SOME PATCHES BUT IT STAYS THE SAME, NO DRIVE, VERY SHARP. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT

Brian...Don't give up yet. Try rolling your tone nobb on the guitar down so there is no treble coming through. This works on my Zoom pedel boards. Hope you don't think yer rig ought to sound like Georges. Get the buggs out and it may!

Are you using good high quality cords and are you plugging your guitar into the Boss then onto your amp or does your amp have an effects loop patch in back. If you have an FX in and out try that.

As a last resort you could reset you Boss to factory setup just to see if it still sucks.

The Peaveys are good amps and the G Lynch guitar by ESP is also a quality instrument...Is your sound bad plugging your guitar strait into the amp without the Boss in line? I have pedals that have so much crap in them that I pretty much go Strait to my amp or use an old DOD 250 Overdrive up front for some bite with a bit of my Alessis Micro Verb for reverb effects.

If you have the manual...read it all of the time! You will always learn more about your pedel.
Good Luck

Guitarguy

: : I HAVE A BOS GT6 AND A GEORGE LYNCH ESP GUITAR,
: : MY AMP IS A PEAVY ULTRA PLUS BUT MY SOUND SUCKS
: : I'VE TRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING,I EVEN DOWNLOADED
: : SOME PATCHES BUT IT STAYS THE SAME, NO DRIVE, VERY SHARP. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT

: Brian...Don't give up yet. Try rolling your tone nobb on the guitar down so there is no treble coming through. This works on my Zoom pedel boards. Hope you don't think yer rig ought to sound like Georges. Get the buggs out and it may!

: Are you using good high quality cords and are you plugging your guitar into the Boss then onto your amp or does your amp have an effects loop patch in back. If you have an FX in and out try that.

: As a last resort you could reset you Boss to factory setup just to see if it still sucks.

: The Peaveys are good amps and the G Lynch guitar by ESP is also a quality instrument...Is your sound bad plugging your guitar strait into the amp without the Boss in line? I have pedals that have so much crap in them that I pretty much go Strait to my amp or use an old DOD 250 Overdrive up front for some bite with a bit of my Alessis Micro Verb for reverb effects.

: If you have the manual...read it all of the time! You will always learn more about your pedel.
: Good Luck

: Guitarguy
Hi I seen your ad on Yahoo and I will give you a few suggestions.I used to have a couple of Peavy amps and I thought they sound muddy to me.Next off I would buy a Varidrive Pedal by S.I.B,look them up on Yahoo.This pedal will give you some SERIOUS TONE.I have one that I used to use with my Marshall,I sold the Marshall and bought a VHT Pitbull 100 CL(the best).Well anyway good luck with your sound.

I have the same amp. stay away from that floor rack crap. You can't plug into a a processor and then into a amp. pre amp to pre amp don't work. Get a boss dd3 and put it in the effects loops. You will love it.

HELP!!! - need Kahler Spyder Trem parts -

HELP!!! - need Kahler Spyder Trem parts -

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP!!! - need Kahler Spyder Trem parts -

hindi songs downloads

i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my comp

Re: hindi songs downloads

well you won't do it on this site. it's a guitar site and there aren't any mp3s on this site.

: i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my comp

nice site

Guys, there's a cool site where you can have lots of chords and tabs for hindi songs.
visit at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hindisongsandguitar

: i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my comp

: : i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my comp

please send me a hindi songs of new films and all.i will b thankful to u .

: : i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my comp

: : : notes of hindi song ajeeb dastan hai yeh

: i need to "SUR" songs"A BHI JA" in my com,puter plz

: : i need to "SUR" songs"A BHI JA" in my com,puter plz
: i need "A R REHMAN" songs

i need to add all the favourites hindi songs to my pc

: i need to add all the songs to of Refujee my comp

the smiths guitar patches

the smiths guitar patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : the smiths guitar patches

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.