Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – April, 2004

Viewing 282 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi buddy, if you wanna learn guitar online for free. Then log onto http://www.bernardlama.co.nr cheers

Anonymous

buy one – playing & learning takes a long time – at 55 I think I am begining to try to put in place years of listening and watching chord fingering from TV or Video – Authentic sound is the key: the House of the Rising Sun(for instance is a classic) but played on a cheap or copy does not sound the same on a Variax + Spider 112 it all comes together! My first guitar was a Watkins Rapier (in 1963 £72) lovely, but sold on to the Regimental Band of the Scots Guards in 1979.

Anonymous

its ok having a guitar that can roughly sound like 12 others, but a lot of guitar playing is in the feel, ive played those variax line 6’s and they have horrible wide flat chucky necks and look like a big girls blouse in a lairy tarty colour, amps arent much cop either, the pod has its place, and they have some great online learning tools, but i dont think the variax will find its place. Lee

Anonymous

hi i have an acoustic Alvarez, and im asking how much its worth please get back to me. guitarguyfromcorona

Anonymous

: hi i have an acoustic Alvarez, and im asking how much its worth please get back to me. : guitarguyfromcorona : Go to http://www.americanmusical.com or zzounds.com or music123.com and see if you can find your guitar listed there.If its is listed see how much they are selling for. this is the best way to find out.

Anonymous

hi i have an squier stat , and im asking how much its worth please get back to me.it has a sticher on it and it says fender 50 celebrating 1946, 1996 years of excellence.can you please let me no how much it is thankyou alot Elyse

Anonymous

has any one out htere got a copy of theinstructions ofr the beast?

Anonymous

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the clean guitar metal sound Children of Bodom has. Does someone know the settings? Folter

Anonymous

just come back from bloodstock, they didn’t have any amp heads on show, probably a big secret thing.

Anonymous

pls i want a free download hindi sad ,new ,classical songs. regd, chirag&rajal patel

Anonymous

Pandora PX3 user manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : Pandora PX3 user manual

Anonymous

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND SOME ROBERT RANDOLPH TABS???????

Anonymous

you will never find robert randolph tabs bro because nobody else in the world can play like him on a 13 string

Anonymous

anyone know who made the first electric Guitar

Anonymous

Les Paul, at 14 years old, had the brilliant idea of the taking the needle from his record player and sticking beneath the strings of his accoustic guitar, the sound would come out of his phonograph and gives birth to the electric guitar pretty amazing no? M.J.

Anonymous

i thought it was rickenbacker

Anonymous

where can i find out anything about a Gibson J 50 model deluxe model?

Anonymous

have you tried gibson.com?

Anonymous

hey i need to relace a volume pot but i dont know which one to get. the guitar is a HSS pickup setup and it a fender talon thanks

Anonymous

have a look at your old pot, on the side should be printed a value 250k, or 500k or 1m, most volume pots are 250kOhms, you can get replacements from http://www.wdmusic.com

Anonymous

i like this song thank you i wel free song

Anonymous

nice

Anonymous

Korean Epiphone Dot

This popular thread has been given its own page : Korean Epiphone Dot

Anonymous

Minta Chord ten2five

This popular thread has been given its own page : Minta Chord ten2five

Anonymous

Please tell me what is it worth, I want to sell, but dont want to get ripped.

Anonymous

Can you remove the tremelo bar from a strat? or is eaiser to just buy one without it?

Anonymous

To remove it you have just to to unscrew it.

Anonymous

to remove the tremelo system would be slightly more difficult!

Anonymous

What’s the best dist pedal to get a super cool punkrock sound? Thanx

Anonymous

Go with a boss DS-1, SD-1, or a digitech hot-rod

Anonymous

without any shadow of a doubt get yourself a ‘turbo rat’ if you like the ‘song 2’ by blur sound (and it dont get much better than that) then this is the baby for you.

Anonymous

When I play my strings, whether it’s open or fretted, I get this buzzing and rattling noise. It’s mostly on the G and D strings, but it’s a little noticable on the other strings too. Can any one tell me what I should do?

Anonymous

There’s quite a few things that could be the problem. You may need to have your nut filed. You may have a screw loose somewhere that vibrates. Your action may be too low. Your pickups could be too high and slightly touching the bottom of the strings. First thing is to make sure that all of your strings clear the frets and pickups. Look down your neck and check for too much positive or negative bow. Make sure all of your screws and mounts are tight, including tuners. Hope I might have given you some ideas.

Anonymous

I purchased a 1947 Martin 00-17 in bad shape ,,been stripped,,the peg-head decal has been sanded off,,anybody know where I can get one????

Anonymous

: I purchased a 1947 Martin 00-17 in bad shape ,,been stripped,,the peg-head decal has been sanded off,,anybody know where I can get one???? Here is a possible fix for your Martin. I found this on Stewmac.com, however it is no longer available,But here is the technique as described by Tony Nobles of Presion guitarworks, Austin Texas. A logo was made by having KINKO scan a picture of the logo artwork, (use a picture of the Martin logo for this),which was simply the logo torn from a magazine, and transferred to the same clear Mylar film used for overhead projectiors. The logo is printed with the ink on top, lay the Mylar logo into the wet finish early in the finishing stage. Spray several light coats of lacquer over the inked side to lock in the ink, before building up successive coats of lacquer on and around the .004" Mylar. Eventually the Mylar’s outline disappears into the clear lacquer coat. Another option is to have the decal printed on self-adhesive Mylar. Then you can lay the decal on top of the final rubbed out finish. http://www.music123.com sells Martin guitars and americanmusal.com you could request a free catalog and use a logo from the advertisement. Or you may be able to find a book at the library that has a picture you could have scanned. hope this helps. I did this once on a guitar that I made, it works great. I used my computer to scan in a picture. I used an adhesive backed mylar sheet, the kind that peels off of a sheet of paper, to type the logo I wanted with the picture, then cut out the logo with about a 1/4" margin and taped this to the peghead and painted several coats of lacquer over it.

Anonymous

: I purchased a 1947 Martin 00-17 in bad shape ,,been stripped,,the peg-head decal has been sanded off,,anybody know where I can get one???? Here is a possible fix for your Martin. I found this on Stewmac.com, however it is no longer available,But here is the technique as described by Tony Nobles of Presion guitarworks, Austin Twexas. A logo was made by hving KINKO scan a picture of the logo artwork, (use a picture of the Martin logo for this),which was simply the logo torn from a magazine, and transferred to the same clear Mylar film used for overhead projectiors. The logo is printed with the ink on top, lay the Mylar logo into the wet finish early in the finishing stage. Spray several light coats of lacquer over the inked side to lock in the ink, before building up successive coats of lacquer on and around the .004" Mylar. Eventually the Mylar/s outline disappears into the clear lacquer coat. Another option is to have the decal printed on self-adhesive Mylar. Then you can lay the decal on top of the final rubbed out finish. http://www.music123.com sells Martin guitars and americanmusal.com you could request a free catalog and use a logo from the advertisement. Or you may be able to find a book at the library that has a picture you could have scanned. hope this helps. I did this once on a guitar that I made, it works great. I used an adhesive backed mylar sheet, the kind that peels off of a sheet of paper, to type the logo I wanted, then cut out the logo with about a 1/4" margin and taped this to the peghead and painted several coats of lacquer over it.

Anonymous

Continued. this web site has nice picture of the martin logo. http://www.martinguitar.com/catalog/pdf/1833%20Catalog.pdf Use the enlarge tool to resize the add and print the page.Then trim the logo from the page and scan it into the computer and print it on the Mylar.

Anonymous

: Continued. this web site has nice picture of the martin logo. http://www.martinguitar.com/catalog/pdf/1833%20Catalog.pdf : Use the enlarge tool to resize the add and print the page.Then trim the logo from the page and scan it into the computer and print it on the Mylar.Adhere to the peghead as described in the other posts. Don’t know how I got so many copies ot this post.

Anonymous

Hey guys! Ya’ll need to check out Scorch! They ROCK! If yer a MetalHead You’ll Love these guys! Hhttp://www.scorchedmetal.com and get scorched.

Anonymous

bought my lyle 415 dove in 1972 for $285.00. love it! shame that lyle is out of business. anyone whoever played a lyle knows about the easy playing, the rich sound and the good workmanship. wouldn’t trade it for the world. glad to be a lyle fan.

Anonymous

Looking for the value of a 1974 F340 and a 1977 360s. Both are mint. Any ideas? Thanks, Roger

Anonymous

Looking for the value of a 1974 F340 and a 1977 360s. Any ideas? Thanks, Roger

Anonymous

DEAL!

Anonymous

lets see more old school yo

Anonymous

I dont get it

Anonymous

Rolling Stones : Get yer ya ya’s out. 1969 madison sg. Buy yourself a copy, and lighten lifes load. walk in peace brother. Lee

Anonymous

‘Well alllright! well allllrigght!! , Charlies good tonight inne?’

Anonymous

I got the kent vegas model a year back in a local value village for 40$ it just needed new machine heads but anyways i would like to know alittle more about the vagas model and when it came out becuase ill a see and hear is that it is form the mid 1960’s but i cant find anymore info on it so if some one could find my some history on it would would make my day thanx

Anonymous

i want to download songs of kal ho naa ho

Anonymous

: i want to download songs of kal ho naa ho thnx

Anonymous

: i want to download songs of kal ho naa ho

Anonymous

na ho kal so? or nah hol naa bol?

Anonymous

: na ho kal so? or nah hol naa bol? Plz send me songs of kal ho naa ho that i can download send on my email addres

Anonymous

peace

Anonymous

wear your sandals with pride, move to the east, travel by night, sleep by day, eat light sleep heavy, follow these simple instructions and you will soon be a brother.

Anonymous

i was just wondering what would be the best gauge of strings for my air guitar. THANK YOU FELLAS

Anonymous

.009 or .010

Anonymous

10-48 , 9’s are too bendy and go out of tune.

Anonymous

will pay top dollar for a ”pair” dimarzio super distortion IIs ”pickups that are in the ovation gp’s the plastic covered pickups they look square”

Anonymous

Would it be possible to get humbucker frames(covers??) whatever…. on a gibson sg standard?? thank you

Anonymous

Would it be possible to get humbucker frames(covers??) whatever…. on a gibson sg standard?? thank you

Anonymous

not in a million years dude

Anonymous

maybe in 3 million years…oh wait……NO!

Anonymous

maybe the question should be ‘why?’ i suppose you could get some pickup covers on the SG, but not under the strings, maybe glued on the headstock??

Anonymous

2 million maybe?

Anonymous

Hey guys… I have a pile of guitars for sale Guilds, Hagstroms, a killer Les Paul copy and Harmonys… I’m also looking for Harmony Electric guitars from 1940 to 1972… also Harmony parts. Check out my website at http://www.comparethevalue.com or email me at [email protected] I’m a player/collector not a dealer. Thanks for looking…

Anonymous

: Hey guys… I have a pile of guitars for sale Guilds, Hagstroms, a killer Les Paul copy and Harmonys… I’m also looking for Harmony Electric guitars from 1940 to 1972… also Harmony parts. Check out my website at http://www.comparethevalue.com or email me at [email protected] I’m a player/collector not a dealer. : Thanks for looking…

Anonymous

oh lee lee lee lee

Anonymous

oh lee lee lee lee

Anonymous

word up homes

Anonymous

I am interested in modifying my sovtek to get more distortion out of it. I have heard that these amps are easily modified to get a more metal tone out of it. Does anyone know anything abot this?

Anonymous

i thought a sovtek mig 100 was a fighter jet.

Anonymous

It’s just the best amp for rock n roll and punk and heavy blues and psychedelia, coz’ you just have to plug your jacky in the HIGH input and turn the volume up to 2 or 3 (it’s better not to joke with this russian killer) and that’s all. GET BLASTED!

Anonymous

PRS Tremonti Pickups Wiring Diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : PRS Tremonti Pickups Wiring Diagram

Anonymous

Hi folks, has anyone heard/tried/played/seen reviews of the new all solid sapele wd18sw dreadnought? I’m in love with the look and sound of the one I now own and wonder what others’ impressions are. Bill

Anonymous

I just purhcased a Kramer VT 111S for 80 bucks. Any reviews available? if so please respond. It seems to be a good guitar…typical strat set up…three pickups, 3 volume/tone controls, plus whammy bar.

Anonymous

Hi! Need a mid-sixties Gibson Pickguard for my 1966 J-45 Regards! john

Anonymous

Check out the newest valley arts website-valleyartsdirect.com

Anonymous

Does anyone have the chords/tabs for "Redeemer" by Tim Hughes. If you know a site could you please email it to me thanks.

Anonymous

Suck My dIcK..

Anonymous

does anyone have the tab for that one?

Anonymous

Hey everyone, check out http://www.guitar6.com – I recently got an interview with Joe Satriani! I also have forums, mp3s, tabs, reviews, etc. Thanks!

Anonymous

Brand new, click link for info

Anonymous

Hi, Is this site still alive?? 🙂 Cat

Anonymous

Hi! I have a 1968 Gibson B-25-12 for 700$ Let me know! Regards! John

Anonymous

haaaaaaa, still alive !! like it was at one time ?? haaaaaaaaa : Hi, : Is this site still alive?? 🙂 : Cat

Anonymous

If U realy love musik: http://www.idpz.net/Don_PLinc/ceque/vousvoulez.dtc Have fun Sincerly Don

Anonymous

I am getting very close to the finished product for my pedal board. I have decided to go with an all steel constructed board. The standard board I will be selling will be 16X28. This is the board I will mass produce. It will come with a True Bypass Loop disigned and built by Briand (indyguitarist.com) and a power strip. The board will be painted in your choice of colors ( 2 color max ). All boards will receive a primer coat and the final paint will be automotive paint to insure durability. Custom boards will also be built to whatever specs you want. I decided to go with all steel due to the expense of aluminum and I want to build a board that is afforadable and not out of the reach of the average player/user like me and you. You can see a picture NOW of the all steel prototype, it is NOT the finished product, but I thought you might like to see where I am at. There are a few changes to be made, but it is about 90% the way I want it. I will be adding a 4 inch plate on the very right so one can mounth a wah or volume pedal or other rocker type. I have not decided if it will be permanent or removable …. any suggestions? http://www.independentcd.com/rpb/rpb_board.htm Also, I am now selling a DIY wood and expanded metal kit on the page for anyone that wants to build their own board. 12X24 is the only size I am offering for now. You get everything but the wood and paint in the kit! Sign up on the site so I can send you updates and prices when available if your intersted. I still anticipate these boards being ready for sale (with or without a case) by May 15th! Thanks for all that have checked out the board and given feedback! BRAD

Anonymous

its a good idea, good luck with it Brad. Lee

Anonymous

I have a (1976) Guild F-50RNT, an Epiphone Triumph(1948),and a Gibson ES120T they are all in Xlnt original cond. I also have a Gibson BR9 lap steel with matching amp in good cond.

Anonymous

Hi. Is the Triumph still available. Is it a cutaway. How much? Thanks : I have a (1976) Guild F-50RNT, an Epiphone Triumph(1948),and a Gibson ES120T they are all in Xlnt original cond. I also have a Gibson BR9 lap steel with matching amp in good cond.

Anonymous

: Hi. Is the Triumph still available. Is it a cutaway. How much? : Thanks Yes it’s available It’s not a cutaway $1300 : : : I have a (1976) Guild F-50RNT, an Epiphone Triumph(1948),and a Gibson ES120T they are all in Xlnt original cond. I also have a Gibson BR9 lap steel with matching amp in good cond.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

too close, can only see one pic too.

Anonymous

i have a 50th ann. american strat and i was wondering how much it might be worth?

Anonymous

200-250 depending on condition : i have a 50th ann. american strat and i was wondering how much it might be worth?

Anonymous

Whenever I play any of my strings open or fretted on my guitar, if I listen close, I can hear a slight buzzing. It’s a Yamaha Electric/Acoustic Compass Series. I tried adjusting the truss rod, but it doesn;t seem to be working. Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Videos

Anonymous

sometimes ya gotta really crank on the truss rod to get rid of the buzz, 10 – 12 turns or so…. give it 10 turns and report back. : Whenever I play any of my strings open or fretted on my guitar, if I listen close, I can hear a slight buzzing. It’s a Yamaha Electric/Acoustic Compass Series. I tried adjusting the truss rod, but it doesn;t seem to be working. Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

: sometimes ya gotta really crank on the truss rod to get rid of the buzz, 10 – 12 turns or so…. give it 10 turns and report back. : : Whenever I play any of my strings open or fretted on my guitar, if I listen close, I can hear a slight buzzing. It’s a Yamaha Electric/Acoustic Compass Series. I tried adjusting the truss rod, but it doesn;t seem to be working. Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated. Okay…which way do I turn it, loosen or tighten?

Anonymous

Anybody seen the new line of marshall amps? they are producing replica 18 watt heads, and also 20watt combos and the fabled plexi head, all hard wired, ranging from £1100 for the 18watt up to £1400 for the plexi with the 20watt combo in the middle, cant wait to hear that 18watter! there have been many imitations i wonder how well the Marshall stuff will compare? im going to a guitar show at Wembley London in may, and Marshall are there, Jim will be signing posters as usual and i hope the 3 new amps are there, Lee.

Anonymous

: Anybody seen the new line of marshall amps? they are producing replica 18 watt heads, and also 20watt combos and the fabled plexi head, all hard wired, ranging from £1100 for the 18watt up to £1400 for the plexi with the 20watt combo in the middle, cant wait to hear that 18watter! there have been many imitations i wonder how well the Marshall stuff will compare? im going to a guitar show at Wembley London in may, and Marshall are there, Jim will be signing posters as usual and i hope the 3 new amps are there, : Lee. Hi Lee I think that Marshalls are great for rock but the clean sound on them is shite! But yes, I agree it will be good to hear the new models. Stebzy

Anonymous

one word……. fender : Anybody seen the new line of marshall amps? they are producing replica 18 watt heads, and also 20watt combos and the fabled plexi head, all hard wired, ranging from £1100 for the 18watt up to £1400 for the plexi with the 20watt combo in the middle, cant wait to hear that 18watter! there have been many imitations i wonder how well the Marshall stuff will compare? im going to a guitar show at Wembley London in may, and Marshall are there, Jim will be signing posters as usual and i hope the 3 new amps are there, : Lee.

Anonymous

fender? different sound altogther, fender are great clean amps, great blues amps too, but rock? forget it.

Anonymous

send me new mp3 songs

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to set up a toggle switch like tom morello has on his guitar?

Anonymous

I need schematics for a fender talon HSS configuration. I need to know what type of volume pot to put in the guitar. so if you know that or have the schematics please e-mail me or post them Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, I’m looking to buy a Hohner TE Prinz guitar in good condition.

Anonymous

I have been looking for an 2613 for some time. Does anyone have a good one they would like to sell. Please let me know. Thanks

Anonymous

i want to know the info #serial number of my lefty gibson this is the serial number #740846 made in usa

Anonymous

Hey i have no idea how to paint a bass could someone tell me how?

Anonymous

i have had some good results using car spray paint, prepare the wood and get some grain filler, rub that flat with some ultra fine grit paper 1200+ , give 3 coats of primer, rubbing flat each coat with the 1200 paper, then 4 or 5 coats of top, make sure you flatten each coat with the 1200 paper, also between each coat of the top paint give your self 24 hours to dry before rubbing down, genraly the more time you spend rubbing down and preparing, the better the results, dont be tempted to rush, after the last coat i used a compound polish (using that lightly) and then a good auto polish and buffed it up with an electric buffer, the results were very good, and try to spray in a dust free enviorment. Lee

Anonymous

is it difficult to put a whammy on a les paul….not floyd rose…the kind thats seen here http://www.timeelect.com/fw-4.jpg

Anonymous

thats a ‘Bigsby’ , no its not difficult, i beleive there are 3 screws around the tail peice part, so you need to drill 3 holes in your gibson, hope you have a steady hand a cool head a breave heart and a fat wallet. Good luck Lee

Anonymous

lol fuck that then, its fine the way it is…imma buyt one of those 350 dollar fender strat standards instead 😉 : thats a ‘Bigsby’ , no its not difficult, i beleive there are 3 screws around the tail peice part, so you need to drill 3 holes in your gibson, hope you have a steady hand a cool head a breave heart and a fat wallet. : Good luck : Lee

Anonymous

Found an old Guitar...EL DÉGAS Modelo No.MT6 please help out...

This popular thread has been given its own page : Found an old Guitar…EL DÉGAS Modelo No.MT6 please help out…

Anonymous

Could anybody tell me the new price for Model F-640N? Please hurry, need to know that ’til thursday.! Send it to my E-mail adress, please! thank you

Anonymous

hi

Anonymous

I NEED TO KNOW THE VALUE OF THIS BASS GUITAR IT’S FOR SALE BRAND NEW CONDITION CANDY APPLE RED

Anonymous

Estaban guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Estaban guitar

Anonymous

I have an Gibson "The Paul" Hollow body electric guitar. Serial no. 72298500, manufactured in U.S.A, by Gibson Guitar Corporation… I would like to know how much this guitar is worth. Thank you.

Anonymous

recently some jerkass turned the volume nob and tone nob on my peavey raptor plus and tore up all the wires that were connecting to the pickups and now there are wires every where and i dont know where they go!! can u help me???

Anonymous

i can only sugest going to this site and asking your question there, have you got a soldering iron to repair it with? its not a difficult job, just a bit fiddly. http://forums.peavey.com:8080/~guitars Lee

Anonymous

hi, can anyone tell me about the fender p bass lyte? looking to buy … not sure if it’s a good investment. peace

Anonymous

I have one and I really enjoy it. For me it was perfect, I like the P-bass body and Jazz bass neck combo. I’ve used it to record on our album "Standing Tall" check out the sound at SongPlanet.com. The band is TallPete. It has a great smooth sound. I play Ibanez soundgear basses 1200, 1300 and 2000 also but once I got the P bass Lyte it was all I have been playing. Great bass even though they used the word "Lyte". Enjoy : hi, : can anyone tell me about the fender p bass lyte? : looking to buy … not sure if it’s a good investment. peace

Anonymous

i am tired of looking and paying extra for left handed guitars can you explain to me what i need to change and how to do it myself so i can play right handed guitars and make it easy or tell me if there is a web sight for that thanks

Anonymous

you’ll find it difficult to play on a guitar converted, on a lot of intruments you will have restricted access to the upper frets, you could maybe get away with an SG or a Les paul double cutaway, you would need to change the nut, you would have to buy a blank and cut it in yourself, some guitars you might need to change the saddles over, and then set it up, is it realy worth all the hassle? you can get parts from http://www.wdmusic.com/

Anonymous

I have a Charvel strat style guitar with reverse headstock pointy headstock, shark fin inlay, bolt-on neck, one pick-up, one volume knob, jackson trem, brown sunburst finish. The neck plate has a serial # of 0300. Fort Worth on neck plate. Can someone give me some info on year and possible rarity of this guitar. Was told recently that it could have been a run of only 100 or so. Please email if you have some concrete info on this. Thanks

Anonymous

I have noticed that harmony bass guitars are selling quite cheap on ebay and was wondering if they are at reputedly bad or cheap or what? let me know if you know anything

Anonymous

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/pickguard_gib.html CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME which pickguard out of all of these would fit on a 99′ gibson sg standard?? thanky you very much!!!!

Anonymous

looks like you’d have to do some measuring on your own SG to make sure its the same fit. could also try this site http://stew-mac.com/ they have some, sometimes have more than is on their website, so might want to call them, or they could make one for you. or you could buy the plastic material there, and make your own pickguard, if ya want to save megabucks. these prices on the page youve shown me arent much different than the prices ive seen for actual gibson pickguards at guitar center, to be honest. if you dont have a guitar center near you, try musicians friend or zzoomsound or ams or something like that. couldnt hurt to even just ask gibson, they sell their stuff. its not usually too much for that kind of thing. : http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/pickguard_gib.html : CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME which pickguard out of all of these would fit on a 99′ gibson sg standard?? thanky you very much!!!!

Anonymous

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A RED SG STANDARD PICK GUARD? thank you

Anonymous

umm do you want a red pickguard> or a black one? or what? : DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A RED SG STANDARD PICK GUARD? thank you

Anonymous

This is awarning information. Mastertone Australia, pickup builder for electric guitar is dead. Nobody is replying anymore there. Don’t order them pickups, as i do, you will just loose your money.

Anonymous

Tony from Mastertone is alive !!! I get in touch with him yesterday. After 3 months of absence and spent almost in hospital, the master of pickups is back ! Be ready to have great pickups on your guitar.

Anonymous

Bullshit its back…..now the website is no longer there, and the US distributor has quit carrying them because he never gets any replies, and cannot run a business that way.

Anonymous

I just bought a Stagg Hollow Body at the Dallas Guitar Show–I LOVE IT !!!! It’s all I play now. My PRS Santana just hangs on the wall.

Anonymous

Are you seriously standing by that statement?

Anonymous

Japanese "lawsuit" bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Japanese "lawsuit" bass

Anonymous

I reckon tableture is for people who are lazy – see my discussion at http://guitarlessons.webmelon.com/

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about Check Mate Guitars – found one my neighbor was throwing away and it had a nice Sun Burst top and inlaid Ivory fret board so I thought I’d check it out – The head stock reads Check mate and it lists itself as a model # 235 (hard to read so may be something close.) Need work but all there and fairly solid. Nice decorated pick guard.

Anonymous

Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat for sale $489

Anonymous

I want to sale my guiter that I was plying with 30 years now. Serial nB is 965749. Who can give me its value on the market or is there any association that can give me answer? Many thanks

Anonymous

Did he actually use that Jackson guitar…the one thats like half a flying v?…or does it just have his name on it?

Anonymous

Are the supercharged EMGs alot better than normal EMGs…or is there really not a lot of difference?

Anonymous

Am looking for guitar tuition in Glasgow area, Scotland. Can anyone help me on this one? Cheers.

Anonymous

Hi You should check out Stuart Horne, who lives in Eaglesham I believe. He taught me and my son a couple of years ago and he’s a genuinely nice bloke with a nice, relaxed manner. He’ll basically teach you pretty much anything you want to know, and will go at a pace which suits you. Prices are reasonable too. Well worth getting in touch with him. If you catch him say hi from me – Allan Beattie (from Giffnock, but now live in London). Good luck.

Anonymous

peavey generation exp custom

This popular thread has been given its own page : peavey generation exp custom

Anonymous

Hello, I’m looking for a multiac nylon duet (2002 or before). Not the "grand concert model". Later on. Cyril.

Anonymous

I’m trying to acquire a headstock decal for a fender jazz bass guitar. If anyone can help, please e-mail me. Thanks Jay

Anonymous

check out ebay.co.uk , ive seen a guy on their selling all sorts of waterslide transfer decals for fender, just type ‘decal’ and he will come up, email him and tell him what you want, they usualy go for about £10-£15, $25?? Lee

Anonymous

I have a Lotus Bass I bought a long time ago and want to put it back together. Does anyone know of a website that lays out schematics for a 2 pot (knobs, controls ie volume and tone – very basic) and 2 pick ups?

Anonymous

Has anyone else used any of his Intructional books/videos?…i have Metal Lead Guitar volume 1 and it fuckin rocks!…anyone else familiar with his stuff?

Anonymous

I have a guitar and i dont know what kind it is.It doesnt say a name on it anyware.I would like to find out how much i can sell it for.

Anonymous

its probably worth about $600, ive seen them go for more but not in your colour. Lee

Anonymous

no, ive seen those sold for $1,250 at guitar center but there not any good.

Anonymous

yes but was it in that guys colour?? and also his guitar ‘doesnt’ have a name on it which makes it a very rare model indeed, and could easily top the £40,000 bracket, boy i’d love to be in his shoes. Lee

Anonymous

ya who wouldnt want to be in his kicks?

Anonymous

My 76 twin breaks up at about 3. I think that is way to early. Am I wrong? Tried new tubes and caps but still not as clean as I would like it. Any sudgestions?

Anonymous

It sounds like a problem in the preamp section. Is the master volume turned down?? Also,check the speakers.They should have the blue Jensen sticker on them.If not,then that could be a big problem! I’d take it to an amp guy and have it checked out. As we all know,the secret to Twins is that the speaker are very strong.This prevents them from breaking up. When getting repair,make sure the amp guy uses the SAME GRADE OF PAPER!That’s where the tone is. Hope this helps,

Anonymous

I have a vantage vp795 and cant find wiring diag anywhere need help????

Anonymous

I want a good guitar but i dont want to spend a shit load of money. so heres what i was thinking…i was planning on getting a les paul and replacing the stocks with some EMGs but now i’ve been looking at this Jackson DXMG. its gotten excellent ratings/reviews, it costs way less, and it comes already equipped with EMGs. i play metal so i think the Jackson may be my best bet…what do you guys think? from you’re own point of view.

Anonymous

The Jackson’s neck will play faster and probably have the harsher tone that you need for metal. I can’t recall which EMG p/u’s are in it…so you may yet have to change them out. The Les Paul will will have good tone for metal if you get one with a maple top, otherwise straight mahogony (les paul specials) will just be too warm and mellow. Plus you have tremolo options with the Jackson.

Anonymous

I reciently purchased this axe and was wondering if there’s any info on them.This thing smokes.Sounds better than any gibson i’ve ever played. It also seems heavier.This guitar is a beaut. If anyone has any info, please forward…

Anonymous

i wondered what everyone thought of this guitar as i am interested in buying one =D please let me know by email [email protected] Thanks Kyle

Anonymous

Looking to buy a Tom Delonge Squier or Fender Strat

This popular thread has been given its own page : Looking to buy a Tom Delonge Squier or Fender Strat

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what the serial number prefis CN indicates on a custom shop strat?

Anonymous

China ?? are you sure its a custom shop?

Anonymous

i have a matsuoka guitar for sale SN:52927 model :m20 i would like to know its price pleas help me if it is possible. thank you .i can send its pic if it will help any one to know its price.

Anonymous

What is the best guitar on the market today?

Anonymous

: What is the best guitar on the market today? So how long is a piece of string? It’s completely individual. If you like it, it feels good, and sounds good, buy it! Also your feel will change as you get better. When I first started I hated Strats, cause I found it hard to play them properley, now I love them. So what you like now may not be what you like in 5 years time. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

The best guitar is the one that feels good in your hands! Cosmetics are O.K. and pickups can be changed.But if your left hand doesn’t like it,then keep looking for YOUR axe. I have a 77’Les Paul thats wonderful and a Carvin that I love! Good Luck

Anonymous

Are you trying to start a fight?

Anonymous

: Are you trying to start a fight? lol…. Can only speak for myself…I’d have to say Gibson Les Paul custom…but its all a matter of opinion…personally taste….feel…etc…

Anonymous

Gloves off…. for the money its a Jap Tokai.

Anonymous

just wonder what u guys think of this set up its a fender rok pro 1000 amp with 100 watt head and 300 watt max 4 x 12 cabinet(2 overdrive channels and reverb channel and clean) dean cadillac x guitar,,,korg ax1500g effects processor…not sure much about this stuff i picked it all up for 1000 dollars even guitar waas new got it at cost parents own a music store they r the dean dealer never really hear about them but they make some good shit,also they deal kustom amps they r awsome but nobody gives them a chance i’m buying the 2 x 12 amp with built in effects and amp modelers for 559.00………they have a full stack with 150 watt head and 2 cabinets with 4 x 12 in each for 1500.00 cheao but sounds mint

Anonymous

i want to know what kirk hammets amp settings are thats all

Anonymous

Knowing them wouldn’t make you sound like him anyway – what’s the point?

Anonymous

Amp setting for which era? Back in the day he used modded Marshall JCM800’s but now he uses Mesa Triple and Dual Rectifiers. Usually hes got his bass and treble up and scoops the mids. He also uses EMG81 pickup in the bridge and EMG85 pickup in the neck which helps give him his tone. As far as pedals a Crybaby Wah, and Tubescreamer. If you really want his sound i’d suggest buying a Mesa halfstack, and his custom ESP model guitar (not the LTD version) and then messing around with the settings. Thats the only way to even get close to his tone.

Anonymous

: Amp setting for which era? Back in the day he used modded Marshall JCM800’s but now he uses Mesa Triple and Dual Rectifiers. Usually hes got his bass and treble up and scoops the mids. He also uses EMG81 pickup in the bridge and EMG85 pickup in the neck which helps give him his tone. As far as pedals a Crybaby Wah, and Tubescreamer. If you really want his sound i’d suggest buying a Mesa halfstack, and his custom ESP model guitar (not the LTD version) and then messing around with the settings. Thats the only way to even get close to his tone. Actually, he also used an ADA mp-1 midi preamp which you can grab off ebay for cheap. Now he uses Rectos, a Mark VI, and triaxis setups. As far as guitars, his skully special is just a modified ESP M-II. If you don’t have the cash, the LTD M-100 has the same specs: Alder body, Maple neck rosewood fretboard, licensed floyd, bolt-on neck, 24 frets. he uses dual emg 81 pickups. He’s also used esp and fender strats which can be seen in the ONE video. Rhythm tone: BASS – 8, MID – 4, HIGH 8, GAIN 7 For the older sound add more gain and remove mids. Lead tone: step on an EQ pedal with an upside down ‘v’ shape as so to boost the mids for soloing. Tube amps will get you closer to his sound, also keep in mind most of their albums have many layers of guitar tracks, panned on both sides. That’s the key to the metallica wall o’ sound. Oh yeah and don’t forget the crutch er i mean wah pedal for soloing. 😉

Anonymous

Being Dutch, female and because of that totally ignorant can anybody tell me something knowledgable about the archtop Arirang (Korean) jazzguitar?

Anonymous

I’m searching for information on the Seville brand of guitars. I have an S-32 model and all I know about it is that it was made in Korea. I love this guitar. It is one of the best sounding classicals I’ve ever played. I’ve talked to a few other people that have this kind of guitar, yet I’ve found no one who knows anything about when they were made or where to find any information about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I can’t find a "feedback-buster" that fits properly in my Norman B20 western guitar, can anybody reccomend a sollution?

Anonymous

Hi I’m having the same problem finding one to fit my guitars!! It seems to only come in a 10mm diameter,& I need one with a 9mm diameter.If you have found a solution,I would love to hear from you. Cheers James…

Anonymous

how do u get feedback for ure guitar without a distortion pedal?

Anonymous

: you have to have it set on high volume,walk towards the amp, move the guitar near it, oh and get yourself a nice epiphone casino, those things howl the roof down! Lee

Anonymous

1 Masaru Kohno(Kono) 1963! 2 1930’s Epiphone FT-210 Deluxe Early examples of Kohno & Epiphone guitars typically sell in the $6,000-$7,000 range, I am also interested in trades for an older Martin(or Yamaha FG-1500 etc) guitar. Please email me with any questions. My English is not so good. but I promise that I will answer all questions honestly and sincerely.

Anonymous

I acquired a Silvertone guitar unexpectedly today. I don’t know much about them and my internet searches so far have come up empty as to what model/year/manufacturer this guitar is. Can anyone help? S/N X87265 on metal plate on back of headstock. Black, solid body. Single cutaway. Single humbucker in the neck position. Solid trapeze tailpiece, wooden thumbscrew bridge. 3-per-side tuners. Metal nameplate on front of headstock with a cowboy strumming a guitar, under which is the name "Silvertone", under which is a lightning bolt design. Any ideas? All help appreciated. Tom

Anonymous

I have a problem with Boss GT5 and cannot figure it out, I was hoping you may have the answer. The volume pedal all of a sudden started working backwards!! In other words, the volume increases when the pedal is heel down. The volume is supposed to increase tow down, like it used to This happened after the battery was changed. We did a factory reset and it did not solve the problem. Any ideas thanks Mike

Anonymous

RECENTLY PURCHASED BX-100 AMP. THERE IS AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF HUMMING/DISTORTION THROUGH THE SPEAKER. CAN HERE IT WITH VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP OR ALL THE WAY DOWN. SOMETIMES I GET SOUND FROM THE GUITAR. THE HUM SOUNDS LIKE ELECTRICAL INTERFERENCE ALMOST LIKE A TRANSFORMER, BUT SEEMS TO FADE IN AND OUT WHEN I PLAY WITH THE SPEAKER NEGATIVE WIRE ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD. MAYBE MY BODY IS HELPING GROUND OR SOMETHING.

Anonymous

Can anybody help me finding a manual for the ME-5 please. Thanks

Anonymous

: Can anybody help me finding a manual for the ME-5 please. : Thanks i can send you a copy if ya still need one, email me! jimi

Anonymous

hey jimmi. can I please have a copy of the manual. Thanks.

Anonymous

What exactly is a squire guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What exactly is a squire guitar?

Anonymous

I would like any info you can give me including appraisal. thanks cat

Anonymous

have any good settings

Anonymous

: have any good settings no !

Anonymous

I need a circuit diagram for this amp, can anybody please help me????

Anonymous

: I need a circuit diagram for this amp, can anybody please help me???? Session amp support is at the website http://www.award-session.com. History available too.

Anonymous

A Girl named Linda posted a while back about hem for great gift ideas it refered to a web site that was not there.If any one out there happeens to know where i could get my little girl her first strap for her first Fender, at a resonable price please let me know her B-Day is the 4/25/04. Thank’s so much. Who knows Zoe (DTR) might just be star some day she has the look’s and the drive,she is a good Fencer and i know she will do as cool on the guitar. JC SLOCUM Grass Valley CA #530-272-1310

Anonymous

: A Girl named Linda posted a while back about a great gift ideas it refered to a web site that was not there.If any one out there happeens to know where i could get my little girl her first strap for her first Fender, at a resonable price please let me know her B-Day is the 4/25/04. Thank’s so much. Who knows Zoe (DTR) might just be star some day she has the look’s and the drive,she is a good Fencer and i know she will do as cool on the guitar. JC SLOCUM Grass Valley CA #530-272-1310

Anonymous

Where can you get a H78

Anonymous

: Where can you get a H78 If you want a H-78 Harmony 335 type guitar, go to http://www.comparethevalue.com

Anonymous

in the H78 shop ! sorry but what is a ‘H78’?

Anonymous

I have a Hohnor HG 310 Limited Edition made in Japan in MINT condition.Im trying to figure out how much it is worth and where/who would be interested in buying it.Any suggestions please email.Thank you

Anonymous

Ibanez Starfield VPA50S

Anonymous

Kazuo Yairi Alvarez CBS Masterworks guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kazuo Yairi Alvarez CBS Masterworks guitar

Anonymous

I have a (Sep)’62 body and neck (verified by neck stamp and serial #) that has been totally stripped. It has some minor dings on the front of the neck around the tuners, and the switch/pot cavity has been slightly expanded (under the pickguard). Can anyone tell me the value of this? Many thanks in advance, bob

Anonymous

i have this gibson sg short neck bass guitar that on of the original members of the jaggerz gave to me. Ithink it is between a 1967 and an early seventies. if anyone could tell me how much it was worth please e-mail me. and if there are any interested people in buying it e-mail me as well. thank you

Anonymous

I would really like more info, maybe a pic of the bass as I’m looking for one of these. Cheers : i have this gibson sg short neck bass guitar that on of the original members of the jaggerz gave to me. Ithink it is between a 1967 and an early seventies. if anyone could tell me how much it was worth please e-mail me. and if there are any interested people in buying it e-mail me as well. thank you

Anonymous

I’m in the market for a short scale bass. let me know what you would like to sell it for. : i have this gibson sg short neck bass guitar that on of the original members of the jaggerz gave to me. Ithink it is between a 1967 and an early seventies. if anyone could tell me how much it was worth please e-mail me. and if there are any interested people in buying it e-mail me as well. thank you

Anonymous

Hello, I’ve been considering buying the computer gadget ‘Guitar Port.’ What I’d like to know is it a useful tool, or am I simply better off using my practice Amp? Thanks for any answers.

Anonymous

There aren’t really any guitar shops around here, and i’m trying to learn how to restring my guitar. I basically know what to do, except I can’t figure out how to get the ball end of the string out of the bridge when taking the strings off. I’m afraid of damaging something. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I have a Fender Strat Standard.

Anonymous

ok all you have to do is unwrap the string on the head so the top of the string is loose. Then slowly push it out of the back and then just pull them out. :)(:

Anonymous

ok all you have to do is unwrap the string on the head so the top of the string is loose. Then slowly push it out of the back and then just pull them out. :)(:

Anonymous

Sorry…what do you mean by "slowly push it out of the back"? I’ve done everything to try and get them out, but they’re just not coming out. I’m sure i’m making this harder than it really is…

Anonymous

do any pro players use Epiphone guitars?

Anonymous

: do any pro players use Epiphone guitars? yes, many professionals have used Epiphone guitars for many years. the Beatles, Elvis, Oasis, Vince Gill, and others..

Anonymous

i think he’s talking about the newer korean models, i know gallagher has a ‘Man city football club’ blue epi semi, he also used to play a korean les paul, and his other guitarist ‘bonehead’ also played a korean epi semi, the beatles etc played the superior US made kalamzoo guitars. Lee

Anonymous

Noel Gallagher – Oasis, dont know if thats much of an endorsement though. Lee

Anonymous

What is a good wattage for performing a gig live for a bass amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : What is a good wattage for performing a gig live for a bass amp

Anonymous

minta chordnya the rain

Anonymous

My Washnurn X20 has broke… The spring in the back, that holds the bridge to the base came off…. Just wondering how much it would cost to get it repaired…. Also wondering how much it will cost to get Action raised and a cleaning. *Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Ovation professional model 1613 Classic guitar. This is a 1978 model in mint condition with a hardshell Ovation case. What is the value of this guitar? Thanks, Steve

Anonymous

Hi There I have a Ovation professional model 1613 Classic guitar. This is a 1982 model in mint condition with a hardshell Ovation case. What is the value of this guitar? : Thanks, : Marlon

Anonymous

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK OUT TO THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I’m searchin for a summary how to repair the electric things on my bassguitar, i went to a guitarshop a year ago. they’ve made a mistake with the wires. so can anybody tell where i can find the scematics for a westone spectrum series 2?????

Anonymous

i want download new hindi songs

Anonymous

: i want download new hindi songs

Anonymous

: : i want download hindi songs oldies and new, movies

Anonymous

: i want download new hindi songs I am learning guitar now i am able to play songs but i don’t know how to develop my leading. Please help

Anonymous

if any one can help me in finding a new brigde in the state of az i would be very happy

Anonymous

I have a celebrity cc057 sn#174579 1979 vintage made in CT. Condition is about 85% What is it worth?

Anonymous

ibanez blazer series custom (c821144)

Anonymous

: I have a 1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Red Sunburst. Condition is 95% : What is it worth?

Anonymous

HI Has anybody out there got a Boss ME5 users manual?

Anonymous

: HI : Has anybody out there got a Boss ME5 users manual? I’m looking for one too. I can’t believe how much trouble I’m having trying to find one…..It’s pretty easy to use but there’s always cool little things you can do.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to make piano sounds on the guitar using a Korg AX1500G FX processor? If so, could you please show me the precise settings e.g. which effect to use, how much tone, how much bass, drive etc. Thanks, John

Anonymous

hey i just bought the korg tone works ax1500g processor i was wondering how u use the wahh or volume pedal while u use your program u wrote. i have wrote a few programs but can’t sue the volume pedal with it i can when program is not running and when u figure out piano sounds could ya let me know as well thanx

Anonymous

Hi, im looking for this manual too. (Boss ME-5 Guitar effect). If u find, send the link please. Thanks.

Anonymous

: Hi, im looking for this manual too. (Boss ME-50 Guitar effect). If u find, send the link please. : Thanks.

Anonymous

just wondering if its ok to mix a fender roc pro 1000 head 4 and 8 ohm spots with 2 8 ohm cabinets one is a fender 4 x 12 and one is a huges and kettner 4 x 12,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im wondering because it gets alot of bottom end out of it so wasn’t sure if its good for it or if it will damage anything

Anonymous

Match your output impedence with your speakers, or always carry a spare Output transformer. Lee

Anonymous

Does anybody have any information on this guitar? I bought it second hand and it is a fine instrument. The trussrod is jammed too tight so the neck is bowed. I would like to get it all reset if possible but I would like to know if it is worth the trouble. Does anyone know the value ($) of this guitar? Ballpark.

Anonymous

I have a Bently guitar, Model 5150B, an would like to know what it is worth. Please reply

Anonymous

: I have a Bently guitar, Model 5150B, an would like to know what it is worth. Please reply Honestly it’s worth whatever someone will pay for it. I just purchased one for less than $50 – but I’ve seen people sell them for 400-600 bucks recently.

Anonymous

A million trillion dollars.

Anonymous

I HAVE A STUDIO PREAMP AND THE PROBLEM IS WHEN SWITCHING FROM CLEAN TO LEAD IT IS FINE BUT WHEN SWITCHING FROM LEAD TO CLEAN IT SEEMS TO BLEED OVER AND THE CLEAN SIDE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS BREAKING UP, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Anonymous

Recently i aquired and old archtop guitar. I am thinking its a Hofner. The headstock is the same shape as a Hofner Beatle bass, it as a diamond shaped emblem of a tennis racquet & a voilin on the tailpiece, also it is a slim body design and is black and natural starburst. If anyone identify this guitar please email me. I can send pics if nessesary. Thanks

Anonymous

I think I busted a button on me trousers

This popular thread has been given its own page : I think I busted a button on me trousers

Anonymous

Does anybody know a good website to find local guitarist for drummers?

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about a model Fender made called a "Strat"? Not short for Stratocaster, but simply "Strat". A friend has one and I told him I’d try to find out a few things about it, but every search nets results for Stratocaster. It must have been late 80’s or so, has double coils on it. Nice guitar, actually. Just wondered if someone can tell me about them, or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Anonymous

I RECON ITS A ‘HM STRAT’ MADE IN THE MID TO LATE 80’S HM STEANDS FOR HEAVY METAL. THEY ONLY HADE THE WORD ‘STRAT’ ON THE HEADSTOCK.

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I’ve got a Fender Mexico Stratocaster, and a Tom Delonge Strat. The delonge strat sound really cool, but the mexican strat sounds very shitty! Now, I wanna know if an Epiphone Les Paul would be better than the Mexican Strat. (I play punkrock music with a Marshall AVT50) Thanks a lot!

Anonymous

humbuckers will rock, the twangy, thin, dim, dull, lifeless strat gnats cock pickups will always sound crap. sell everything you own and buy a Gibson LP, if you cant go that far check out ‘Tokai’ love rock gibbo copies, but get a ‘japanese’ one, you can get one second hand for the price of a new epi. can you tell im not a lover of strats? Lee

Anonymous

So, Lee, you’re telling me that a Tokay would be better than an Epiphone? And what would be the right price for one of those guitar? Thanks A Lot Boldrok

Anonymous

yeh someone told me something like that once too. BUT a takai les paul copy these days, even on ebay, costs more than new gibson! I saw a used one in nice comdition for only 11 thousand dollars on Ebay recently. (11 thousand!) – I think this is out of your price range, unless your last name is Trump or Hughes? Epiphone is nice. its a shame you have a mexican strat and dont like it. some people like them. if it plays ok but you dont like the pickups, you could maybe find a cheap humbucker to put in there, and that might suit you. pickups sure do change the whole way a guitar sounds. just an idea. in general, the mexican strats disappoint me, they dont seem to be even as good as the Korean Squires were. however, if you really want to buy another guitar altogether, and can afford it, of course any fool would tell you a gibson Les Paul is a lovely idea. les pauls are really nice, but cost alot. there are many many types of brands of guitars out there, with alot of nice features and sounds. I would suggest you try them out, get aquanted with them yourself. no one hears things quite the way you do, and no one else on this planet will have the same exact tastes and opinions. An epiphone guitar is usually built very well, some even have gibson pickups on them. generally, choose a guitar by the quality of the sound, the pickups, the tuners, the bridge, the wood, and the craftsmanship. there are many places you can find guitars to buy at reasonable prices, just have to look around and see whats out there. Some of the Epiphone les pauls are very very similar to the gibson les pauls, but be aware their cheaper ones do not have a bevelled carved cut top, or the same quality pickups, or some even have bolt-on necks, not set-in necks like the gibsons do. look at http://www.gibson.com to see the epiphones and the gibsons, and since gibson makes them both, see what Gibson has to say about them and how they are made. Some of the Epiphones are VERY nice, and made of the same woods, with the same features, the same pickups and everything, but they cost less than the gibson version. sometimes, the reason is the type of finish, or the type of wood, or where the guitar was made. anything made in the usa always costs more than things from other countries. this does not always make sense either, since some of them do very good work. the Epiphone Les paul standard or the epiphone les paul custom is definitely a nice guitar, and definitely worth the money. these might be too much money even still. i dont know your price range, but, their G400 model SG is also very nice. made of the same woods and materials as the gibson, same finishes, same gibson pickups. not a bad deal considering is costs less than half the gibson’s price. but i’d still say to just go round, and try out different guitars, try stores, try pawn shops. try flea markets even. just be sure to be very picky about what you buy. dont want to buy anything you’ll decide you dont like later on, like you did with your Squire. trust your own ears about the sound quality, dont get pushed around by salespeople or friends, buy to please yourself. good luck, and happy hunting! –dan : So, Lee, you’re telling me that a Tokay would be better than an Epiphone? And what would be the right price for one of those guitar? : Thanks A Lot : Boldrok

Anonymous

Not so fast Dan, Tokai Japan Les Pauls are no more expensive than New Epi’s, i recently bought a 1979 ‘Reborn’ LP copy it plays fantastic and looks more like a les paul than a les paul, it has the proper shaped headstock, mine cost me £475 a newer one would cost less, and you are buying a guitar that is increasing in value, i do have a gibson les paul standard 1989 and to be honest it doesnt sound as sweet as that one, but it sounds a lot better than most epi’s ive played, if you do decide on a tokai then go for a Japan model, the Korean ones arent as good. Lee

Anonymous

is yours like one of these? http://theguitarcellar.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=26 i recall the one i saw in ebay was one of the ones from the 1970’s that they were sued over.. an exact copy of the older gibson, 57 i think. not sure what the difference in between the new ones and the ones in the 70’s. got any idea? –dan : Not so fast Dan, Tokai Japan Les Pauls are no more expensive than New Epi’s, i recently bought a 1979 ‘Reborn’ LP copy it plays fantastic and looks more like a les paul than a les paul, it has the proper shaped headstock, mine cost me £475 a newer one would cost less, and you are buying a guitar that is increasing in value, i do have a gibson les paul standard 1989 and to be honest it doesnt sound as sweet as that one, but it sounds a lot better than most epi’s ive played, if you do decide on a tokai then go for a Japan model, the Korean ones arent as good. : Lee

Anonymous

hmm i hadnt even heard of tokais made in korea.. when i have looked around for tokai les pauls they were *very expensive. thats very cool you got one for that kind of price. recently when i was looking around for one of those, and saw this one on ebay for 11k, and i just about had a stroke! 11k for a guitar is a little bit much. ok, i know some guitars go for that, especially some vintage ones, but still it sounds like a bit of change. anyway, i was sort of under the impression this guy was looking for a decent guitar that didnt cost alot. he didnt mention his price range. he might be a kid for all i know, so i thought i’d mention a few things that might be of interest that dont cost so much. like, putting a decent humbucker pickup in his strat. if he likes the way it plays but hates the sound, that’s a cheap way to beef up the tone alot, ya know? I’ve noticed that stores around here seem to be trying out more variety if brands lately, and seeing different things at the pawn shops. maybe theyre starting to learn that alot of people like decent guitars, they dont have to be the "usual" brands. i realized a while ago, that you can be a "collector" or a "player".. you can be both but someone who buys for investment, really shouldnt play the guitars, and leave them totally mint condition. a player is someoe who would buy a guitar because they care about it from a player’s point of view. they want it to feel nice, and play nice, and sound nice, and be built well. maybe look nice too. sometimes the two are the same but not always. like those who would buy a 57 les paul then cut out a hole in the back to put in a tremelo, you know? that’s just insane, from a collector’s point of view. (actually would probably mess with the sound and quality of it alot too, so from both points of view it would suck, i would think.) but some people cant resist tinkering with things, you know. anyway, should keep an eye out for decent guitar, ya might find soemthing really special for a cool price. thats my basic advice on it. –dan : Not so fast Dan, Tokai Japan Les Pauls are no more expensive than New Epi’s, i recently bought a 1979 ‘Reborn’ LP copy it plays fantastic and looks more like a les paul than a les paul, it has the proper shaped headstock, mine cost me £475 a newer one would cost less, and you are buying a guitar that is increasing in value, i do have a gibson les paul standard 1989 and to be honest it doesnt sound as sweet as that one, but it sounds a lot better than most epi’s ive played, if you do decide on a tokai then go for a Japan model, the Korean ones arent as good. : Lee

Anonymous

Dude, I just found out that something corporate and yellowcard are on tour in Waltham, MASS at Bentley COllege on 4/17. I"m so excited. I’m going and for sure will be in the front row. haha. So, who’s gonna join me? haha. And, you all should enter in the contest that something corporate has with beckersurf.com. Common, free surf stuff….it’s free to apply. I did, plus my friend from Universal wrote up the contest, so if not for me, do it for him! haha.

Anonymous

I need some help finding gfx-5 pedal patches

Anonymous

i want to buy an electric from america (im in the UK), do i have to pay more at customs or something? my bro says i have to but i am not sure. thanks

Anonymous

Yeah you have to pay duty on it, import duty and VAT, not sure on the perventages but im sure the Inland Revenue website has that info. If you try and smuggle it in you could get it confescated, not worth the risk. Lee

Anonymous

Does it still apply if you pay for postage though?

Anonymous

If you have it shipped, HM customs & excise office will simply calculate the VAT & customs charge based on the declared value. The more expensive the guitar, the higher the VAT. In other EU states, the total is basically VAT + 1.5% for customs. You can ask for the value to be a bit understated, but then you also decrease the insured amount, ie you can’t claim a guitar is worth 500 squid if it has 150 written on the declaration form.

Anonymous

of course it does, doesnt apply in the EU but certainly with the states.

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I’ve ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Anonymous

:ya its a peice of shit i hate them and they r good for firewood only throw it out

Anonymous

Hi, We’ve had a good group at Yahoo! for about a year and a half- It’s for enthusiasts of the Stratocaster, with focus on customization, upgrades, repairs, and all out rebuilding. Here’s the link for anyone who may be interested- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Custom-Stratocaster/ Anyone can join with a Yahoo ID. I’m the moderator, and I do a fairly good job of keeping its message boards free of SPAM and flamers. Anyhow, anyone here most likely aprreciates Guitarisite.com as being a good site, and so may appreciate a decent little group/site of Strat enthusiasts. Thanks, Dave Ryan Cerritos, CA -and I apoligize in case this seems like a shameless plug for another website. I make no money off of it; it’s just a way of sharing knowledge, resources, and spending a bit of pasttime. We all have a bit of fun there. Thanks again! Dave

Anonymous

Yeah and get shot down in flames if you dare to say smoething the top posters dont like. The top man is god because he knows the molecular structure of a plastic single ply scratchplate of a 57 sunburst strat. Very intresting…. Lee.

Anonymous

I was recently offered a 5-string jazz bass. The only thing is, I would rather have a high B string. I was wondering if I could just use a low B of a 7 string guitar and move each string up one position (EADGB) vs. (BEADG). Would they buzz in the nut or saddles?

Anonymous

I would like to switch out the 5-way pickup selector in my strat with a 3-way les paul switch, with one pickup connected to each position (bridge, first) (Mid, middle) (neck, 3rd) I was wondering if this is even possible and what modification I would have to make(out to volume and tone knob, etc)

Anonymous

I would like to switch out the 5-way pickup selector in my strat with a 3-way les paul pickup, but one pickup connected to each position (bridge, first) (Mid, middle) (neck, 3rd) I was wondering if this is even possible and what modification I would have to make(out to volume and tone knob, etc)

Anonymous

its very possible, in the early days of the strat they had 3 way selectors, only during the later years did they get 5 way switches, wiring it would be very simple too, you can buy a strat style 3 way switch from http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/ Lee

Anonymous

Check out the sale I found on these neat Flying V guitar watches…unreal! The site is http://www.wristrock.com. I think they use hi-res pix on their homepage, so it may take a while to load…but worth it! Check it out! I got one at full price and it’s awesome…it pulls in bars!

Anonymous

I just bought a used Acoustic 6 string and I have a bsty buzz on the B string. If I play it open, there isnt a buzz, but on frets 1-14 I get a nasty buzz. Why just the B string? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

From the headstock end, look down the neck, can you see a prominent fret? one just a little above all the rest? my guess is your 14th fret is a little higher than the rest and that is what is causing the buzz, you can take the guitar to a repairer who will ‘stone’ the frets for you, its not a very expensive job. Lee

Anonymous

bonjour, je voudrais savoir si il est interressant de mettre des micros PAF 57 classic sur une une epihone emperor II joe pass

Anonymous

Does anyone have information on a Franciscan acoustic guitar. Model # A-360 I would like to know the year that it was made if possible.

Anonymous

Can anyone make sense of this serial number?

Anonymous

I RECON ITS MEXICAN MADE IN 2001

Anonymous

I have an old lyle guitar which is in very good shape, make in the early ’60s. It has a lacquor check in it but otherwise is in great condition. I am curious about value and potential sale if interest is good. Please let me know best way to sell. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hey there, i was wondering how come there’s one of the three pick ups on a stratocaster tiled a bit…and what effects those that tilting provoque? thnx M.J.

Anonymous

It’s because of tone and string energy. The closer you get to the neck the more kenetic energy is delivered to the pickup. This translates in to more bass and more output. In order to make the lighter strings brighter and keep the bassy strings bassy the pickup will be canted, generally with the higher string posts closer to the bridge.

Anonymous

Hey if anybody finds a tab of "Fire Whispers" by Stutterfly or could possibly Tab it out, could you send it to me with the subject "Stutterfly – Fire Whispers" ( [email protected] )

Anonymous

I have an old Model 12 Suzuki Guitar with steel strings on it. Should it have steel or nylon strings?

Anonymous

How much is my 1964 Hofner Beatle Bass worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How much is my 1964 Hofner Beatle Bass worth?

Anonymous

I have bought a guitar on ebay which I am restoring. However, there is virtually no info on it and I would appreciate any help to identify its make etc. It is a japanese les paul copy from the 1970’s with an ‘open book’ bolt-on neck. Single cutaway with twin humbuckers, 22 frets with gold plated hardware and all round binding. I can provide pics if needed.

Anonymous

: I have bought a guitar on ebay which I am restoring. However, there is virtually no info on it and I would appreciate any help to identify its make etc. It is a japanese les paul copy from the 1970’s with an ‘open book’ bolt-on neck. Single cutaway with twin humbuckers, 22 frets with gold plated hardware and all round binding. I can provide pics if needed. maybe its a Crestline copy.. they were sort of like that. pictures might help. –dan

Anonymous

I have a SE100 Starter pack electric guitar and my guitar pickups are screwed on too tight…so when I try to loosen it…the screws wiggle and they’re too loose…what should I do?

Anonymous

you might have wound them completely off their thread, the pick up screws are there so that you can adjust the height of the pickup as you turn them you will see the pickup raise and lower, if they are so loose they are falling out then you need to take off the scratchplate by undoing all the screws around it locating the loose pickup and screwing it back on its thread. Lee

Anonymous

i want to eat your guitars

Anonymous

I am looking to find out the model number to a Kay acoustic bass Paul McCartney used on a 1979 video for the song Again And Again And Again. The bass had a heart shaped sound hole. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

looking for info on sg2000 just bought it like to no how old it is serial number004523 hopeing its quite old,any info on guitar

Anonymous

anyone have any info oa a fender,fuzz,whah.volume pedal?? its big, heavy,and chrome. it has a footswitch on each side,the pedal moves up and down for wah,and side to side for volume. i would like to find the date of manufacture,valoe etc

Anonymous

Wish Someone knew anything about this guitar, owned it since 20 years, it´s a nice instrument. How much should I ask for if I sold it? cheers

Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I’ve ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Anonymous

respected webmaster i master gopu want kal ho na ho film songs

Anonymous

: respected webmaster : i master gopu want kal ho na ho film songs

Anonymous

: : respected webmaster : : i am sanjay want kal ho na ho film songs

Anonymous

: : respected webmaster : : i master gopu want kal ho na ho film songs i send you kal ho na ho song

Anonymous

: respected webmaster : i master jag want kal ho na ho film songs

Anonymous

WHEN I TRY TO USE MY AMO I PLUG IT IN AND ALL THAT TEN WHEN I TURN IT ON IT JUST BUZZS UNTIL I TURN IT OFF AND IF I PLAY A STRING IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING. ANYONE KNOW WHY PLEASE EMAIL ME THANK YOU

Anonymous

WHEN I TRY TO USE MY AMO I PLUG IT IN AND ALL THAT TEN WHEN I TURN IT ON IT JUST BUZZS UNTIL I TURN IT OFF AND IF I PLAY A STRING IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING. ANYONE KNOW WHY PLEASE EMAIL ME THANK YOU

Anonymous

try to change filter capacitors in your amp

Anonymous

joe, there may be a loose connection or a loose wire in the amp which is making that buzzing sound. If you have a relatively cheap practice amp then i would carefully screw any loose screws up tighter, but not too tight. If your amp is expensive or if the problem still persists i would go to a music shop where they ahould fix it for you for a small price, or you may have to buy some diodes or valves if they are faulty.

Anonymous

maybe its the guitar? the guitar lead?

Anonymous

Hello, Would appreciate any info on this guitar,i.e., manufacturer, date of product, anything you think valuable. Don’t know anything about them. Greatly appreciated. Warren

Anonymous

everytime i crank the tone on my guitar and turn the volume up on the amp my guitar squels like a pig if my hands arent on the strings…but if the tone is down it doesent….anyone have any solution?…besides keeping my tone down :P….i gotta have tone baby!

Anonymous

Hmm.It sounds like a couple of things. 1)The ground wire isn’t soldered to a peice of metal. 2)You have a bad capacitor on the pick-up curcuit. 3)The pick-ups need to be "POTTED"(waxed).So,they squeal when cranked. Get a new set of pots,or you might need new pickups. Eddie G.

Anonymous

everytime i crank the tone on my guitar and turn the volume up on the amp my guitar squels like a pig if my hands arent on the strings…but if the tone is down it doesent….anyone have any solution?…besides keeping my tone down :P….i gotta have tone baby!

Anonymous

not really any solution to this, turn the amp away from you? stand/sit behind the amp? potted pickups help, are you using a semi accoustic? they feedback like someone pulling on squeely the squeeling pig from squeekersville. heres the best solution, get your amp and hang it outside your window, crank the mama up to the brink of destruction, but get this, heres the smart part, if you want more volume just open the window a little, the simple solutions are sometimes the best. Lee.

Anonymous

: i sugest you to play in larger room

Anonymous

Yo lee…i took everything out in my garage today and cranked it up…it still does it…no matter what i do…i think its with the guitar dude. anything i could adjust or somethin?…thanks : not really any solution to this, turn the amp away from you? stand/sit behind the amp? potted pickups help, are you using a semi accoustic? they feedback like someone pulling on squeely the squeeling pig from squeekersville. heres the best solution, get your amp and hang it outside your window, crank the mama up to the brink of destruction, but get this, heres the smart part, if you want more volume just open the window a little, the simple solutions are sometimes the best. : Lee.

Anonymous

Hello: I’ve been a guitar builder for 20 years. I wrote a 5 page article (w/photos) hoping to take the mystery out of buying your first stringed instrument. You may go here to see. If you have a guitar site, you are welcome to use it there as well. http://www.pauladams.org/Buyingaguitar.html Paul Adams

Anonymous

minta chord lagu

This popular thread has been given its own page : minta chord lagu

Anonymous

I bought this amp at a garage sale. It has volume, tone, and tremolo controls. Does anyone know what this amplifier is worth?

Anonymous

i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’kal ho na hoo’,’sathiya’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’kal ho na hoo’,’sathiya’,’laakeer’.please inform me and mahi vee

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’meenaxi’,’.please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon And the songs name tumhe jo maine dekha

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘meenaxi’,Tamil Film"- Autograph etc. .please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies Tamil Film"- Autograph etc. : .please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs ,from the movie autograph. : .please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movie ‘main hoon na’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movie ‘main hoon na’.please inform me

Anonymous

Download ‘Main hoon Na’ songs

Anonymous

: : : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movie ‘main hoon na’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : : : i want to download songs of the recent movie ‘main hoon na’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: : : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent movies like ‘main hoon na’,’yuva’,’meenaxi’,’laakeer’.please inform me

Anonymous

: i want to download songs in my pc of the recent songs sung by BackstreetBoys ot Westlife.

Anonymous

: : i want to download songs in my pc of the recent songs sung by Westlife.

Anonymous

I picked up a lotus strat copy very cheep I cleaned it up and restrung it and it has very good sound. but where are they made ??????

Anonymous

I am a left handed player after an electric acoustic with a budget of about 300 british pounds. Would anyone be able to recommend anything off the top of their heads?? Thanks Phil

Anonymous

hey i have Fender Stratocaster with a serial number MN553044 and its in perfect condition plese tell me how old it is and how much its worth

Anonymous

Please help me identify my guitar. Its a 1970’s japanese les paul copy with a bolt on neck, single cut out, block inlays, binding all round, twin humbuckers and the fittings are gold plated. I can forward you a picture if required.

Anonymous

I am looking for a stock wiring diagram for an ’87 Jackson Soloist Xl.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a second hand guitar – the K428 and it was made in Korea. I was curious as to the approximate year it was manufactured and it current value if possible. It has a great sound. Thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

Anonymous

hey whats up? i’m a 13 yr old guitarist and i was just wondering how many kids out there who are like 12-15 would wanna start a true rock band. Like hendrix, led zeppelin, and new rock that is pure. ya know just plain and simple rock. its all about the music. How many kids that age would wanna start one? please respond

Anonymous

: hey, i’m 14 and I think that it would be a really cool idea to start an old skool rock band, i´m learning lead guitair at the mo and me and a few friends are planing on starting a band and if anyone has some lyrics please respond

Anonymous

hey dude. i am 13 too and i think that it is really cool that there is another rocker like me.i know so many people who like to trash old bands. i talk about zeppelin and they laugh. but they know nothing about rock n roll. i play the drums and i am trying to start a band too. i have had some pretty bad luck. lol. i have learned to just have fun with music. because music is my life and i want life to be fun.i agree that it is all about the music. respond again.

Anonymous

yes thats totally awesome. I hate all this new rock/pop crap. ALso I know wut you mean about getting dissed for liking old skool rock. But yea I play guitar and I"m working on how to write songs and such. I’ve got a few other prospective members. respond.

Anonymous

hey dude. you sent an email.lol. cool. yep most of the new band suck. some underground is good though!!! respond.(or email)

Anonymous

yea underground stuff is interesting to follow. i’m so sick of how popular pop music is. No one has talent anymore…they can sing..or maybe not sing but sound good after computer editing. haha. respond. : hey dude. you sent an email.lol. cool. yep most of the new band suck. some underground is good though!!! respond.(or email)

Anonymous

yep. like britny spears is really stuped. she is a good example of what gives are time a bad names. i like the indy station. do u? it plays some undgergroung stuff.

Anonymous

so how long have u been playing drums anyway? also mp3.com had good underground stuff until they ended or whatever but supposedly they will start up again soon.

Anonymous

i have been playing the drums for a bout 3 1/2 years. i am also teaching myself to play guitar. i had one lesson on it though. how long have you been playing? the indy statoin is 103.1 it is an L.A & O.C. statoin.

Anonymous

cool. I started lessons at nine years old. But then moved and stopped taking them. But started back up a little over a year ago. I suck at theory but am good at actual playing.

Anonymous

thats cool. yeah i am really into music. i just like to sit and listen…but its alway nice to play an instrument so u csn just call a musicain friend when u r bord and just jam.

Anonymous

yea i like just sit and listen to old records and stuff. its cool and relaxing.

Anonymous

whats the indy station??

Anonymous

Does anybody have any idea where I can purchase some new record playback heads for a Watkins Copicat. Just about reached the limit of how many times I can swap em round. Greatfull for any help, Tony D

Anonymous

it is a nice looking guitar and it has a great sound. It is not crap

Anonymous

Boss Me  8  Patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss Me 8 Patches

Anonymous

Today I have come across and old electric guitar. It has a built in processor. It also has the diamond inlay on the head stock similar to the gibson. It also has the pearl inlays on the fretboard just like the gibson. It does not however have any type of name on it. Help please

Anonymous

need a bit more than that

Anonymous

I was wondering if someone could give me their honest opinion on an ALvarez AD90SCK. Brand new they are willing to sell it to me for $605.

Anonymous

My guitar has ser num 351207. It is on the neck backplate and there is no address on the plate. it is a strat style with h/s/s config. Any idea where it was made and what it is worth. Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

I own a Martin Road Series 000M that is like new in Martin case. I never learned to play. Need to sell. Can anyone tell me how I can find the value of this. Thanks

Anonymous

: I own a Martin Road Series 000M that is like new in Martin case. I never learned to play. Need to sell. Can anyone tell me how I can find the value of this. Thanks Martin reccomends you find a reputable dealer for assessment. Thier site <martingutar.co> has a page where you can find when it was made. You can also contact George Gruen Guitars in Nashville. He will provide a written estimate from photos, history, etc. for a small fee. Cheers

Anonymous

an american icon deserves better treatman in its place in history many a picker came up on a kay in the early fifties you ciould buy a good car for the price of a gibson or martin there must be hundreds old kays in closets across america

Anonymous

I havent been playing too long at all but.. someone i know is selling an awesome bass guitar, strap, case, amp, and bunches of different string, and all sounds great and offered it to me for just $150. I know the guy really well and ive listened to him play it and its worth it. Ive only played left handed guitars and its right handed.. IS it possible to restring and play it fine lft handed? and if not is it really hard to switch hands? Pls email me if u can help.

Anonymous

you can string a right handed gtr for a lefty style, but then you’d have to change the nut, and maybe the bridge saddles around, to accommodate the strings. replacing a nut isnt very hard.. the bridge might be ok as it is, depends what type it is.. the only thngs to consider is if the tone and volume knobs get in the way, if it feels ok to you played left handed or not. some people learn to play it upside down, or they learn to play righty when theyre left handed, but it seems to me it would be easiest to play a normal left handed manner if you’re a lefty. –dan : I havent been playing too long at all but.. someone i know is selling an awesome bass guitar, strap, case, amp, and bunches of different string, and all sounds great and offered it to me for just $150. I know the guy really well and ive listened to him play it and its worth it. : Ive only played left handed guitars and its right handed.. IS it possible to restring and play it fine lft handed? and if not is it really hard to switch hands? : Pls email me if u can help.

Anonymous

only problem is my current is a real pos. Very used and just bought to learn. Now i can play ok but everything online is really expensive…if i could do this i could have the whole set… and how do i go about replacing a nut..?

Anonymous

umm replacing a nut.. i’ve done it myself on guitars. the http://www.stewmac.com webiste has some tips on that i think, in their freebee info section. if thats not the right link, it supposed to go to Stewart MacDonald guitar builders parts. to replace the nut, you simply use a little common sense.. you buy a new nut. they come with grooves in or not. theyre usually plastic, thats ok. grooves in already makes it easier, if not its not a major problem. just get a tiny file and etch a little bit of a groove there for the string to touch on, just deep enough so the string doesnt slide off, you dont want it too deep. to get an idea what it should look like, just sort of look at the old one, and match it. you could also check out the Fender Squire basses, they arent too bad. really, for 150 you could get a semi decent bass almost anywhere, especially if its used. if you happen to like this particular bass tho, then you could get it, its up to you, of course. –dan : only problem is my current is a real pos. Very used and just bought to learn. Now i can play ok but everything online is really expensive…if i could do this i could have the whole set… : and how do i go about replacing a nut..?

Anonymous

yep checked, thats the url. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Nuts,_saddles.html goes right to the nuts and bridges. they apparently have an article how to make a nut in their new edition of ther catalog too. so there you have it. (their catalog is a freebee, and a handy one to have if youre into gtr or bass. they have all sorts of tips for repairs and things.) –dan : umm replacing a nut.. i’ve done it myself on guitars. : the http://www.stewmac.com webiste has some tips on that i think, in their freebee info section. if thats not the right link, it supposed to go to Stewart MacDonald guitar builders parts. : to replace the nut, you simply use a little common sense.. you buy a new nut. they come with grooves in or not. theyre usually plastic, thats ok. grooves in already makes it easier, if not its not a major problem. just get a tiny file and etch a little bit of a groove there for the string to touch on, just deep enough so the string doesnt slide off, you dont want it too deep. to get an idea what it should look like, just sort of look at the old one, and match it. : you could also check out the Fender Squire basses, they arent too bad. really, for 150 you could get a semi decent bass almost anywhere, especially if its used. : if you happen to like this particular bass tho, then you could get it, its up to you, of course. : –dan : : only problem is my current is a real pos. Very used and just bought to learn. Now i can play ok but everything online is really expensive…if i could do this i could have the whole set… : : and how do i go about replacing a nut..?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Distortion pedal Like a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Distortion pedal Like a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier?

Anonymous

Hey, I really need to get a distortion pedal that will give me the crunch similar to a Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple rectifier. I’m trying to get Wes Borland distortion but I cant spend $1500 on an amp head. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks, Streamer

Anonymous

I need help. I’m going to buy my first guitar, and I was wondering if I should get steel strings or nylon strings. Help! ~MiMi~

Anonymous

Nylon strings will be easier on your fingers but no matter what you play your fingers are going to need to get used to them. I’d get steel strings as the sound is probably more what your going to want anyway. Take it easy on your hands when they hurt, after a few days or a week or two they’ll get used to it. Streamer

Anonymous

I have a question. I’m a beginner guitar player, and I’m going to buy an acoustic guitar. I was wondering wether to get nylon strings or steel strings. I need help!

Anonymous

What is a coil humbucker and is a 2 coil humbucker good

Anonymous

I play acoustic guitar. A have been playing for 5 years, and i wonder why nobody likes an acoustic guitar in there band anymore. I don’t like metal/punk, that heavy distorted sounding stuff. I am more of a reynolds/mathews type player. I’d like to be in a band in the East texas area

Anonymous

I am desperately trying to get the user’s manual for the dr550-mkII, if anyone can help please reply …

Anonymous

I`m searching for dr-550mkII ow.-manuel too need help please Problem with midi-sync !!!!

Anonymous

I just bought an Ibanez 540s used as is. I got a good deal but plugged it in and got NO sound. I asked a friend who said there is a 90% chance it needs a new input jack. Is this true? Please only answer if you know what you’re talking about. I plugged it in and it sounds like the cable is grounded, no sound at all at any setting. No apparent funny business in the electronics, looks completely stock. HSH configuration guitar.

Anonymous

yer fucking gay dude. : I just bought an Ibanez 540s used as is. I got a good deal but plugged it in and got NO sound. I asked a friend who said there is a 90% chance it needs a new input jack. Is this true? Please only answer if you know what you’re talking about. I plugged it in and it sounds like the cable is grounded, no sound at all at any setting. No apparent funny business in the electronics, looks completely stock. HSH configuration guitar.

Anonymous

sounds like the obvious wiring problem, if you dont get any sound at all, no hum, no buzz, no clicks or rattles on any of the pickup settings or when you move the pots around then its a wire come loose, im not familiar with this guitar just a general veiw, the other thing that came to mind is active pickups, are they active? new battery?? you have done the obvious things like guitar lead and use a different amp then i’d look at that input socket. Lee

Anonymous

I have an old airline.I think its a barney kessel.hollowbody with kleenex box pickups.no numbers except for P-16 in the sound hole.can anyone tell me more about this guitar.? I also have a gretsch solidbody.double pickups 3/3 tunerpegs and the serial numbers 5 8509.can anyone tell me the model and specs so I can restore this guitar.?

Anonymous

good…but site is not at all clear..it should b improved

Anonymous

hi i,m 17 years old and i,m guitarist i 4mount play guitar i like give guitar lessons

Anonymous

Hey, I got a Peavey 112 solo series 160 watt guitar amp and I have a lot of questions about it. first off i would like to know about how old it is. B ut mor importantly, I want to know what all the switches and inputs are used for, OK it has the following that i want to know what their functions are: : -a little 3 way switch on the face that says GND.?? : -high gain low gain inputs(whats the difference?) : -2 effects inputs on the face send and return? : -And on the back it has a POWER AMP in, a pre amp out,and aremote awitch in put. : THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! : –

Anonymous

simple: go to peavey’s website and download the manual for free. http://www.peavey.com : Hey, I got a Peavey 112 solo series 160 watt guitar amp and I have a lot of questions about it. first off i would like to know about how old it is. B ut mor importantly, I want to know what all the switches and inputs are used for, OK it has the following that i want to know what their functions are: : : -a little 3 way switch on the face that says GND.?? : : -high gain low gain inputs(whats the difference?) : : -2 effects inputs on the face send and return? : : -And on the back it has a POWER AMP in, a pre amp out,and aremote awitch in put. : : THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! : : –

Anonymous

hi i would suggest you check at the forums for Peavey amps at http://www.peavey.com for info about specific amps. peavey’s website also will have the manual for your amp, free, if you want to download a copy of it. i think the manual would tell you lot of stuff you want to know about your amp. for now, some general answers: the send and return are for effects, its called an "effects loop". on most amps that have that feature, it’s on the back, the peavey has it on the front. almost all amps have the power amp input and preamp output in the back. this lets you join it with another amp, or a mixer and stuff like that. high gain and low gain, i assume mean what they’re called? one would be more distortion than another. sometmes this might only mean its got more volume than another one tho, so i am not sure. check out your manual for your amp at peavey’s website. It would have all that and more info. –dan : Hey, I got a Peavey 112 solo series 160 watt guitar amp and I have a lot of questions about it. first off i would like to know about how old it is. B ut mor importantly, I want to know what all the switches and inputs are used for, OK it has the following that i want to know what their functions are: : : -a little 3 way switch on the face that says GND.?? : : -high gain low gain inputs(whats the difference?) : : -2 effects inputs on the face send and return? : : -And on the back it has a POWER AMP in, a pre amp out,and aremote awitch in put. : : THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! : : –

Anonymous

LEE?????????? what kind of music do you play man?

Anonymous

LEE?????????? what kind of music do you play man?

Anonymous

i’m looking for a red,white,and blue guitar strap. w/ leather tips. like the one avril has on in her album. it you’ve seen one tell me. and where u saw it.

Anonymous

: i’m looking for a red,white,and blue guitar strap. w/ leather tips. like the one avril has on in her album. it you’ve seen one tell me. and where <a href=’http://www.young-model.org/’>u</a&gt; saw it.

Anonymous

try your local christian book store

Anonymous
      Anonymous

i have an old Guild M-20 and i am wondering how much it is worth. It has the Guild logo in script writing if thats important, and the serial number is 10904. Can you help me??

Anonymous

Do u know where i can get a neck for a gibson sg for pretty cheap?

Anonymous

do you know that gibson SG necks are glued in? Lee

Anonymous

: do you know that gibson SG necks are glued in? : Lee Did you know that they have bolts and can be screwed in?

Anonymous

are we talking gibson or epiphone??

Anonymous

: are we talking gibson or epiphone?? Gibson

Anonymous

got this guitar from my grandpa, heard they were distributed in the early 70s.. Can anyone tell me more about it?

Anonymous

its an acoustic guitar made by Mann, they stopped making these since 1979, so is it worth much?

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve just started playing electric guitar (Fender Stratocaster). Which strings are best to use? Which are most popular, and which are the best acoustic guitar strings also? Please help Ta Reed

Anonymous

the best strings are the strings you like, some people like ernie balls, slinky, they are ok, but i prefer d’adario, thay make an excellent all rounder, they seem to last as well, elixer do an excellent coated string, they feel a little strange but they last a long long time. gauge wise if you play rock i would suggest a 10-48 set. : Please help : Ta : Reed

Anonymous

kenapa buat saya sedih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

looking for info. on guitar. It’s called a hawian steel guitar. It’s named OAHU jolana!! It’s a white pearl,twin neck, six strings on each. Any info on value would be aprec. thanks

Anonymous

I’m a beginner at the guitar. I was wondering wether I should get a nylon string guitar or stell strings. I need help! ~MiMi

Anonymous

just purchased a mim fender strat…black. hwat year was it made? any other comments?

Anonymous

Dear,Friends. My name is Ihar Shoshyn. I am organizer of the International festival "The Guitar Renaissance" (Gomel, Belarus), and as many other guitar events. The information about me is in magazine Soundboard (USA), Spring 2002. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru The international association and of the guitarists and composers at support of magazines "Belarus guitar" (Belarus), " Swiat gitary"(Poland), "Classical Guitar" (Great Britain), "Les Cahiers de la Guitare " (France), "Gitarist" (Russia) makes competition on the best guitar composition for learning children’s musical schools. The purpose of competition: updating of educational and concert repertoir for a classical guitar, revealing of the new authors writing for the guitar. We have made two International Competitions on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children’s Musical Schools.(2001, 2003). 54 compositions from 12 countries have taken part in last competition, include USA, Canada, Greece, Austria, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Estonia, France, Poland, Cyprus, Norway. We have made two collections of the notes on results of competitions. We plan the III International Competition on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children’s Musical Schools in July 2004. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru We shall be grateful if you will help with advertising our competition of the composers and place the information on your site. Sincerely, Director of Competition Ihar Shoshyn

Anonymous

Dear,Friends. My name is Ihar Shoshyn. I am organizer of the International festival "The Guitar Renaissance" (Gomel, Belarus), and as many other guitar events. The information about me is in magazine Soundboard (USA), Spring 2002. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru The international association and of the guitarists and composers at support of magazines "Belarus guitar" (Belarus), " Swiat gitary"(Poland), "Classical Guitar" (Great Britain), "Les Cahiers de la Guitare " (France), "Gitarist" (Russia) makes competition on the best guitar composition for learning children’s musical schools. The purpose of competition: updating of educational and concert repertoir for a classical guitar, revealing of the new authors writing for the guitar. We have made two International Competitions on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children’s Musical Schools.(2001, 2003). 54 compositions from 12 countries have taken part in last competition, include USA, Canada, Greece, Austria, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Estonia, France, Poland, Cyprus, Norway. We have made two collections of the notes on results of competitions. We plan the III International Competition on the Best Guitar Miniature and Arrangement of Folk Music for Children’s Musical Schools in July 2004. http://www.shoshyn.narod.ru We shall be grateful if you will help with advertising our competition of the composers and place the information on your site. Sincerely, Director of Competition Ihar Shoshyn

Anonymous

Fender DeVille - help!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender DeVille – help!

Anonymous

jay turser?

This popular thread has been given its own page : jay turser?

Anonymous

Can someone help me understand the difference between Martin DMXE and Martin 00CXAE guitars (price is pretty comparable appx $600). Thanks.

Anonymous

Based on the model number, the main difference is the shape. D is dreadnout which is the largest. 00 is smaller if I recall correctly. Since they have E at the end it means they are both fitted with electronics. : Can someone help me understand the difference between Martin DMXE and Martin 00CXAE guitars (price is pretty comparable appx $600). Thanks.

Anonymous

im thinkin of buying an Epip les pual custom (black with gold hardware) and replacing the stock pickups with some EMGs…but im thinkin th plain black EMGs may look a little weird on the shiny black black…what do you think?…because i love the custom…but i dont like how everything on it is gold…i looks too "blues" for my liking….i play metal….

Anonymous

Im thinking about buying a white or black gibson with black having a white pick guard, and the white with black; wich one do you think i should get?

Anonymous

i think you should look at a tokai, also made in korea it looks more like a gibson and plays like one too. Lee

Anonymous

Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott

Anonymous

: Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott

Anonymous

: : Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott I have the original manual and could make you a copy. Tell me where to send it. Tom

Anonymous

connecting external cabinet to an vox ac30

This popular thread has been given its own page : connecting external cabinet to an vox ac30

Anonymous

Hi all, I just opened a great guitar site check it out http://www.GuitarKnowledgeNet.com it’s completly free and packed with info.

Anonymous

Hey if you are on line please look me up. Love ali

Anonymous

hi Ali. please do the same!

Anonymous

what do you guys think of the epiphone LP special II? theres a deal for the Epi LP special II with an epiphone 10 watt , strap, gig bag, tuner.. for 239. what do you guys think?

Anonymous

as a starter guitar and setup it sounds very good, ive not hears that guitar but epiphone make excellent guitars, pick ups have improved over the past few years so i would recomend buying a new one, is it korean made? for that money you cant go wrong. Lee

Anonymous

I used to have one – my first electric. Really loved it and wish i hadn’t sold it. Luckily, i got a similar model recently – the Junior which I believe is discontinued. Same neck and body, different hardware. Good solid guitar and easier to sell on than a Squier Strat!!

Anonymous

robert conti is giving away a free chord melody arrangement at his websie, http://www.robertconti.com There’s also a clip from one of his instructional videos, looks like a gem!

Anonymous

I was wondering if anybody could give me any type of info on this guitar and what it’s possible worth may be. It is in very "pristeen"? condition. Thankyou for your time. Wyatt

Anonymous

Hey i have they body to a Gibson SG standard. i bought it from my friend, but the problem is that he sanded off the paint and tried to stain it. So i was wondering if i could spray paint it. after tapping everything up of course. Would this hurt its tone?

Anonymous

wont hurt the tone but it might hurt the eyes if its not done properly, you should spend 90% of your time preparing the wood for spraying, make sure you apply a good undercoat, get some real fine grit paper 1200-1400 grit, rub down each coat as you spray it, the more time you spend on the rubbing down process the better the results, rub down the coats gently by hand, when you spray try and do it in a dust free zone, dont do it outside on a windy day, always give each coat the maximum time for drying between coats, give it 3 undercoats and 6 tops coats, ive done this before to project guitars and i get some pretty good results, can i say that the SG standard has one of the best guitar tones ever, ive owned one for 6 years, its my main gigging guitar, it goes everywhere with me, i have a few others but nothing get played like the SG, it looks pretty awful, but my god can you get tone from it. good choice. Lee

Anonymous

I wana paint my bass too, will it muck uup stuff, sould i get a friend that does art to do it Mat

Anonymous

i wanna know if there is a place in las angeles where i could paint my guitar because the paint on my guitar is chipping

Anonymous

hey slash, just wondering what type of paint do you use when painting your guitar. i have a telecaster ive sanded it down which has taken the shine off of it. What do i do next?

Anonymous

hey slash, just wondering what type of paint do you use when painting your guitar. i have a telecaster ive sanded it down which has taken the shine off of it. What do i do next? you could go and buy a clear sealer spray that over the top and as long as its a glossy sealer itll look good

Anonymous

you could go and buy a clear sealer spray that over the top and as long as its a glossy sealer itll look good

Anonymous

ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200

Anonymous

: ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200 I’ve got a black one! What r u looking to spend?

Anonymous

: : ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200 : I’ve got a black one! What r u looking to spend? I might be interested in the lefty Yamaha.

Anonymous

I have two amps that both squeel like a mofo if the chord is not tweaked right in the input. How does this happen, ive never had this problem with any of my other amps. Is it the imput? and if so how do i replace that?

Anonymous

first of all try a different guitar and cord, check for any loose wires behind the input plug in the amps, make sure you pull the power cord out first. Lee

Anonymous

Please Send me guitar Tabs for song ‘Hotel California’

Anonymous

: Please Send me guitar Tabs for song ‘Hotel California’ dum dum dum dum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ple!

Anonymous

The GSA60 is nice sounding and well built for the money

Anonymous

new

Anonymous

Hi! I have a Yamaha APX-20 from 1993 and am considering selling it. I am trying to determine its re-sale vaue. It was purchased new and is in mint condition…white, lots of M.O.P. in-lays, stereo pick-up. It looks amazing and plays just as nicely! No case. But still have the owner’s manual and stereo cord. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Renee

Anonymous

i have an apx-10 and i would value mine at £150, i would imagine yours would have to be £180 or $300. Lee.

Anonymous

Hello: I have a small record label w/ my 6 titles and 3 by my friend David Hoffman (Arranger/Trumpet soloist for Ray Charles). I have also been a guitar builder for 20 years, and I just wrote an artixle on BUYING YOUR FIRST (OR SECOND ) GUITAR. My web site is here http://www.pauladams.org. The specific address for those of you interested is http://www.pauladams.org/Buyingaguitar.html I try to keep it simple but also offer maintanence tips. I plan on making this article ongoing to include other tips. Unfortuantely I do not take orders for Guitars anymore. My time is mostly spent composing music soI’m not soliciting for that. Just thought this may make the buying process a no brainer. Many Thanks Paul Adams

Anonymous

thanks for the great tips! : Hello: : I have a small record label w/ my 6 titles and 3 by my friend David Hoffman (Arranger/Trumpet soloist for Ray Charles). I have also been a guitar builder for 20 years, and I just wrote an artixle on BUYING YOUR FIRST (OR SECOND ) GUITAR. : My web site is here http://www.pauladams.org. The specific address for those of you interested is http://www.pauladams.org/Buyingaguitar.html : I try to keep it simple but also offer maintanence tips. I plan on making this article ongoing to include other tips. : Unfortuantely I do not take orders for Guitars anymore. My time is mostly spent composing music soI’m not soliciting for that. Just thought this may make the buying process a no brainer. : Many Thanks : Paul Adams

Anonymous

Anonymous

Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration.

Anonymous

: Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration. I just saw an L-1 for $1400 1914 minus the pick guard decent condition…sounds great!

Anonymous

Do you want to sell? The price is depend on condition.

Anonymous

Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration.

Anonymous

Anyone selling a black or cherry colored ovation ultra gp out there? I’d love to get one. I’d be inteested in any color, but prefer black or cherry.

Anonymous

HEY! ive got a new pole what are the best strings for an eletric guitar????

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can find information about Shiro classical guitars. I know they may be closely related to the Aria guitars, but that is it. Aria website offers no information… I need this information to estimate the value of my model A376 for insurance purposes.

Anonymous

Does anybody know what the price of a new Epi model D-14 acoustic steel string guitar is?

Anonymous

Hi folks. I’m based in England, and I’m trying to restore/do up an old JMI Vox AC30 amp. I have a superb fully working chassis, and the blue speakers, but I have no cab. Can anyone suggest where I can find a Vox cab (combo or head unit…I dont care as long as I get this beauty up and running!), or perhaps have one to sell. All I need is a cab to get this amp out and playing again. Cheers, Jimi

Anonymous

Jimi- Try North Coast Music out of Wisconsin, USA. The guy builds empty ac30 cabs. WOuld be perfect for what you are looking for. I on the other hand am in the opposite position, I am looking to get my hands on a ac30 chassis. Any hints? Thanks, Chris

Anonymous

Does anyone know when the Wayne Static Epiphone Flying-V will be on sale.

Anonymous

It already is, click link below. Epiphone Wayne Static V

Anonymous

…..need free gp4 full version…. from what website will i find it?

Anonymous

please let me know how to asscess and download hindi songs

Anonymous

I have an Ibanez Lonestar Series model LS380 that is in excellent condition and was wondering if anyone would know its approximate value. I paid $50.00 for it and an Epiphone MM-30 mandolin back in 1989. Any help would be appreciated

Anonymous

I have an Ibanez Lonestar Series model LS380 that is in excellent condition and was wondering if anyone would know its approximate value. I paid $50.00 for it and an Epiphone MM-30 mandolin back in 1989. Any help would be appreciated

Anonymous

I collect Daion guitars. If anyone has any for sale I would like to hear from you. Call Dann @ 530-624-5946

Anonymous

I have an accoustic model, dark mahogony on back, cedar front, rosewood fret board. Still an incredible sounding guitar. Don’t know the Value, but would appreciate any input

Anonymous

I own 2 Daion guitars and am considering sellng both. ’81 Caribou, tan (been played a lot) HH-555 Headhunter, burgundy (mint condition) I bought both guitars new when I was in college from the American distributor in Waco TX. Never got into electric, so the HH-555 stayed in its case. I am currently checking around for values on both guitars. If someone reads this and could suggest prices, I’d appreciate it. Dann, I’ll call your number and see if you’re interested (and how much you suggest the guitars are worth). Ron

Anonymous

Memphis guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Memphis guitars?

Anonymous

i took my humbucker apart and struggling to put it back again. Need to no where to put all the wires

Anonymous

if you have unwound any of the copper windings then forget it, unless its a priceless relic then ditch it. Lee

Anonymous

I am looking for an Renaissence electric guitar. Had electric pick ups-DiMarzio PAF and Super Distortions, I think-and active electronics-noisy. The body was Lucite. Heavy guitar. Grover machine heads/tuners, if I recall correctly. Nice ebony fretboard.

Anonymous

Can you tell me how to go about getting an online apprasel for my guitar?

Anonymous

check link below

Anonymous

Used to play guitar in pit orchestras in W. London. Last seen doing "Evita" at Questors, Ealing.

Anonymous

Used to play guitar in pit orchestras in W. London. Last seen doing "Evita" at Questors, Ealing.

Anonymous

how much shoudl a brand new Ibanez, S series,S470DXQM model cost? thnx loads M.J.

Anonymous

: how much shoudl a brand new Ibanez, S series,S470DXQM model cost? : thnx loads : M.J. $589.99 at link below, free shipping

Anonymous

Hi, Does anybody have some great combination to install into my ME6 Boss for som great noise? Thx! Luk

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to get the sounds of Jimmy Page on the first 4 Zeppelin albums. The sound I’m looking for is great sustain with what seems to be very little distortion and heavier sounds on the treble strings. I have a 20th anniversay Les Paul standard and a Mesa Boogie amp. I’m thinking of songs like 4 Sticks, When the Levee Breaks, Black Dog, stairway, etc. Let me know what your configuration and settings are, guitars, amps, etc. Thanks in advance Parris

Anonymous

Yea, get a vintage strat and a small practice amp with something less than a 12" speaker and find a nice long hallway…. and crank it.

Anonymous

his main guitar on the first album was a telecaster, a standard one, how the hell you get a tele to sound as rocky as that i’ll never know, maybe the messa is where you are going wrong? maybe you need an early 100 watt marshall head, they do a re-issue? and then of course you need jimmys feel and fingers! Lee.

Anonymous

: his main guitar on the first album was a telecaster, a standard one, how the hell you get a tele to sound as rocky as that i’ll never know, maybe the messa is where you are going wrong? maybe you need an early 100 watt marshall head, they do a re-issue? and then of course you need jimmys feel and fingers! : Lee. It’s wierd ’cause he was using a supro amp, which from my investigation, was used more for hawaiian steel guitar – it must have been suped up some how. Maybe we should ask the master himself – do you have Jimmy Page’s email address? … No… really, … do you? 🙂 Parris

Anonymous

I met jimmy page at a festival in henley, (oxon or berks county)he was really cool and he saw me playing percussion in the percussion tent, he said that i was super good and that has pretty much been what i’ve been boasting about since late july

Anonymous

Ok folks, For real now…..does anyone have Jimmy’s email address? From the time I was Thirteen years old Jimmy Page was my idol. I have spent my entire life playing the guitar, and I have even once entered a video contest, Jimmy was able to view my band as one of twelve in the video competition. I have a band currently and have some new music, I am hoping to contact him so that I can send him the mp3 files. Even if he can’t help me in the music business, I think it would be a thrill to have none other than the master actually hear my songs.

Anonymous

The Mesa is not the best amp for that vintage sound. Try turing the gain down to a fairly clean but loud sound that breaks up if you hit the strings hard. Then turn the mids and treble up full, and the bass on half. Use that as a good place to start. Adjust as necessary. You want to have a tone that will allow you to use the neck pickup for chords and lead (so not too muddy…that’s why we have not so much bass), and the treble for cutting leadwork. To use the trble for rhythem, turn the guitar tone down almost half, and maybe back the volume a bit. Hope all this helps. Jimi

Anonymous

: The Mesa is not the best amp for that vintage sound. Try turing the gain down to a fairly clean but loud sound that breaks up if you hit the strings hard. Then turn the mids and treble up full, and the bass on half. Use that as a good place to start. Adjust as necessary. You want to have a tone that will allow you to use the neck pickup for chords and lead (so not too muddy…that’s why we have not so much bass), and the treble for cutting leadwork. To use the trble for rhythem, turn the guitar tone down almost half, and maybe back the volume a bit. Hope all this helps. : Jimi I agree the Mesa may not be the best amp, but I too play a Les Paul standard thru an F-100 Combo Mesa-Boogie, sitting on top of a 2×12 solid back cab. You can pretty much get just the sound you seek by doing this: use the clean channel; pull the gain knob out for bright sound (that’s not in the owners manual) and turn the gain up to about 90%; you will have to turn your overall volume down a bunch, maybe to 2 or 3. The LP pickups are so sensitive (made for soft 40s & 50s easy listening & jazz), that they will breakup themselves simply by playing hard & hitting the strings hard, you’ll get some limited distortion there. The setting I use on the other controls are usually about 7 or 8 on the treble and about mid-way or 5 on the mid & bass. I like a bright sound w/o mud or a covered-up tone, plus my hearing’s ability isn’t what it used to be. All the settings I just described are also just about where I set up to get Lynyrd Skynard’s early tone, kinda like Gimme 3 Steps, etc. The Mesa has too much distortion in the other channels to really get a LedZep or Skynard tone except for maybe Whole Lotta Love or some thing like that. Now, if you need gobs of heavy chunk for let’s say, Enter Sandman, then you can sure get it!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous

: : The Mesa is not the best amp for that vintage sound. Try turing the gain down to a fairly clean but loud sound that breaks up if you hit the strings hard. Then turn the mids and treble up full, and the bass on half. Use that as a good place to start. Adjust as necessary. You want to have a tone that will allow you to use the neck pickup for chords and lead (so not too muddy…that’s why we have not so much bass), and the treble for cutting leadwork. To use the trble for rhythem, turn the guitar tone down almost half, and maybe back the volume a bit. Hope all this helps. : : Jimi : I agree the Mesa may not be the best amp, but I too play a Les Paul standard thru an F-100 Combo Mesa-Boogie, sitting on top of a 2×12 solid back cab. You can pretty much get just the sound you seek by doing this: use the clean channel; pull the gain knob out for bright sound (that’s not in the owners manual) and turn the gain up to about 90%; you will have to turn your overall volume down a bunch, maybe to 2 or 3. The LP pickups are so sensitive (made for soft 40s & 50s easy listening & jazz), that they will breakup themselves simply by playing hard & hitting the strings hard, you’ll get some limited distortion there. The setting I use on the other controls are usually about 7 or 8 on the treble and about mid-way or 5 on the mid & bass. I like a bright sound w/o mud or a covered-up tone, plus my hearing’s ability isn’t what it used to be. All the settings I just described are also just about where I set up to get Lynyrd Skynard’s early tone, kinda like Gimme 3 Steps, etc. : The Mesa has too much distortion in the other channels to really get a LedZep or Skynard tone except for maybe Whole Lotta Love or some thing like that. Now, if you need gobs of heavy chunk for let’s say, Enter Sandman, then you can sure get it!! Enjoy!! Rock-n-fish I’t’s a amazing coincidence you responded to my question. Thanks for the clean channel pullout info. I never new that existed on my amp – bought it 4 months ago. The wierd part is that I write songs and my favorite song is called, "I like fish’n and Rock & Roll". Based on that alone, I trust your advise 🙂 Thanks Parris

Anonymous

: : The Mesa is not the best amp for that vintage sound. Try turing the gain down to a fairly clean but loud sound that breaks up if you hit the strings hard. Then turn the mids and treble up full, and the bass on half. Use that as a good place to start. Adjust as necessary. You want to have a tone that will allow you to use the neck pickup for chords and lead (so not too muddy…that’s why we have not so much bass), and the treble for cutting leadwork. To use the trble for rhythem, turn the guitar tone down almost half, and maybe back the volume a bit. Hope all this helps. : : Jimi : I agree the Mesa may not be the best amp, but I too play a Les Paul standard thru an F-100 Combo Mesa-Boogie, sitting on top of a 2×12 solid back cab. You can pretty much get just the sound you seek by doing this: use the clean channel; pull the gain knob out for bright sound (that’s not in the owners manual) and turn the gain up to about 90%; you will have to turn your overall volume down a bunch, maybe to 2 or 3. The LP pickups are so sensitive (made for soft 40s & 50s easy listening & jazz), that they will breakup themselves simply by playing hard & hitting the strings hard, you’ll get some limited distortion there. The setting I use on the other controls are usually about 7 or 8 on the treble and about mid-way or 5 on the mid & bass. I like a bright sound w/o mud or a covered-up tone, plus my hearing’s ability isn’t what it used to be. All the settings I just described are also just about where I set up to get Lynyrd Skynard’s early tone, kinda like Gimme 3 Steps, etc. : The Mesa has too much distortion in the other channels to really get a LedZep or Skynard tone except for maybe Whole Lotta Love or some thing like that. Now, if you need gobs of heavy chunk for let’s say, Enter Sandman, then you can sure get it!! Enjoy!! Appreciate the info. I’ll give it a shot Parris

Anonymous

: : The Mesa is not the best amp for that vintage sound. Try turing the gain down to a fairly clean but loud sound that breaks up if you hit the strings hard. Then turn the mids and treble up full, and the bass on half. Use that as a good place to start. Adjust as necessary. You want to have a tone that will allow you to use the neck pickup for chords and lead (so not too muddy…that’s why we have not so much bass), and the treble for cutting leadwork. To use the trble for rhythem, turn the guitar tone down almost half, and maybe back the volume a bit. Hope all this helps. : : Jimi : I agree the Mesa may not be the best amp, but I too play a Les Paul standard thru an F-100 Combo Mesa-Boogie, sitting on top of a 2×12 solid back cab. You can pretty much get just the sound you seek by doing this: use the clean channel; pull the gain knob out for bright sound (that’s not in the owners manual) and turn the gain up to about 90%; you will have to turn your overall volume down a bunch, maybe to 2 or 3. The LP pickups are so sensitive (made for soft 40s & 50s easy listening & jazz), that they will breakup themselves simply by playing hard & hitting the strings hard, you’ll get some limited distortion there. The setting I use on the other controls are usually about 7 or 8 on the treble and about mid-way or 5 on the mid & bass. I like a bright sound w/o mud or a covered-up tone, plus my hearing’s ability isn’t what it used to be. All the settings I just described are also just about where I set up to get Lynyrd Skynard’s early tone, kinda like Gimme 3 Steps, etc. : The Mesa has too much distortion in the other channels to really get a LedZep or Skynard tone except for maybe Whole Lotta Love or some thing like that. Now, if you need gobs of heavy chunk for let’s say, Enter Sandman, then you can sure get it!! Enjoy!! Appreciate the info. I’ll give it a shot Parris

Anonymous

Hi all, I just opened a site called Guitar KnowledgeNet if you get a chance please check it out. There is a ton of info and it’s completly free. Mike http://www.GuitarKnowledgeNet.com

Anonymous

Washburn A20V

This popular thread has been given its own page : Washburn A20V

Anonymous

eeeeeeeey what would be the best strings for my guitar? i have an sg standard and play a lot of drop C but also a lot of standard. And i had some heavey strings and they broke on standard tuning but sounded and felt great for drop tuning. What do you think would be the best brand and gauge?? THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous

eeeeeeeey what would be the best strings for my guitar? i have an sg standard and play a lot of drop C but also a lot of standard. And i had some heavey strings and they broke on standard tuning but sounded and felt great for drop tuning. What do you think would be the best brand and gauge?? THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous

i dont like ernie ball strings much but they do a 10-52 set, perfect for drop tunings and standard, they call them a heavy bottom set. Lee

Anonymous

Hey, all. I have a ’96 Fender Standard Strat and want to replace the stock pickups with an EMG Kirk Hammett 81/S/S pre-wired artist setup. I was thinking about buying it at Guitar Center, but I’m curious as to if anyone knows an EMG dealer that might have it for cheaper. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hey there, just wondering if anyone knew where to find Robert randolph tabs for the 6 string. especially the march, Thanks!

Anonymous

yeah me too i could really use some

Anonymous

Hello! I’m from Germany and I have a Rockson powerstrat-like Guitar bought in 1987 in Munich. The sound on the bridge HB was okay, but the sound on the middle/neck SC’s was terrible, so I replaced them. Now it sounds better. I think, Rockson has built cheap guitars and more expensive ones like mine with Kahler/Flyer-Tremolo and good hardware.

Anonymous

pls help down load the song "on the roaf in the rain" actor obroi.plssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous

I have a BossBR8. I was wondering if there is any way to move my files from the zip drive to my pc so they can be burned onto a regular cd as opposed to a midi disk.

Anonymous

guitar value

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar value

Anonymous

plz my email to download songs free only indians

Anonymous

I have a beautiful, old (but looks like brand new) Gibslon Custom guitar for sale. Is anybody interested? Please contact me by mail.

Anonymous

how much is it and what color is it?do u have any pics?

Anonymous

need schematics for a jordan phaser pedal please help

Anonymous

Making room for a new love. I am selling my Lowden O-32. It’s set up for fingerstyle. It’s a real boomer with amazing even balance, bass-to-treble. It’s in near-mint condition with Hiscox case. Firm price at $2250 (a great deal). These are no longer made, as George has split off to make only custom orders (I have one). Please send e-mail and I can forward photos.

Anonymous

Hey would like to see from photos of your Lowden guitar if you still have it? Where are you located? Many thanks Christopher

Anonymous

I am wanting to purchase Guild Phosphor Bronze acoustic guitar strings, extra light gauge Ref L330 but cannot find a source – can anyone help?

Anonymous

warlord guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : warlord guitar

Anonymous

can you tell me which are,in your oppinion, the best all around strings for low tunings and stuff like that?

Anonymous

heavier gauge strings would be better for drop tunings, go for 10-52’s i think d’adario do a set, they are usualy called ‘heavy bottom’ sets. Lee

Anonymous

I always play at clubs & little gigs and the stages are generally too small. The TSL footswitch (5 functions)is too big and I really never used the functions for the FX & reverb, so:Do you know were can I find the schematics in order to build a reduced version so I can to switch only the 3 channels? Thanks so much.

Anonymous

Viewing 282 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.