Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

67 Strat

How much is a 67-68 Strat worth?

Re: 67 Strat

£5k

Re: 67 Strat

: How much is a 67-68 Strat worth?

Depending on condition, about $8-9,000.

Washburn thin-line acoustic guitar

I just bought a used Washburn SWBF thin-line acoustic. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Year they stopped making them, any history about them?
Thanks,
Béla

Washburn thin-line acoustic guitar

I just bought a used Washburn SBF thin-line acoustic. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Year they stopped making them, any history about them?
Thanks,
Béla

20th anniversary Les Paul Custom

I have a 20th LP and it only has a #2serial# on the back of the peg head does this mean its a factory 2nd and who sells factory 2nd's? Also does it have factory single coil pickups instead of humbuckers ? If so what are they. please help good axe but not much info.

Eko "Short Gun " M33

I bought an Eko "Short Gun " M33 years ago, play it a lot, but don't know anything about it.
Any hints?
D

Re: Eko

Ciao,ho letto poco fa il tuo annuncio.
Io posseggo 10 chitarre EKO(perchè mi piace collezionare le chitarre).Vorrei comprare la tua EKO SHORT GUN. Me la vorresti vendere??? Aspetto notizie.La mia E-mail è: giuseppediciaula@tiscali.it Il mio numero di tel è: (+39)3476503876 Ciao,Giuseppe

need help here with pedals!!!!!!!!!!!

i have always used processors, but i could never really get out of the blasted thing what i really needed only a bunch of fairly cool effects. now i have gone to a pedal board and i need to know how to run them together to get the best out of what i got. i have a boss: DS-1,blues driver,digidelay/reverb, and flange. and different brands: chorus,compressor,chro. tuner,and a cry baby wah, also a ernieball volume pedal. please help me fast b/c i play at churches all the time and i need to know...thanks

Re: need help here with pedals!!!!!!!!!!!

: i have always used processors, but i could never really get out of the blasted thing what i really needed only a bunch of fairly cool effects. now i have gone to a pedal board and i need to know how to run them together to get the best out of what i got. i have a boss: DS-1,blues driver,digidelay/reverb, and flange. and different brands: chorus,compressor,chro. tuner,and a cry baby wah, also a ernieball volume pedal. please help me fast b/c i play at churches all the time and i need to know...thanks

p.s.
can anyone tell me some good tone settings for my guitar and pedals for a more crisp sound

dont worry about pedals

Cuz u really need help with women more

Re: need help here with pedals!!!!!!!!!!!

Set it up this way, looking down at the pedalboard from right to left: Volume pedal - Tuner - Compressor - Wah - Blues Driver(great pedal by the way!) - DS-1(another good one) - Chorus - Flange - Delay/Reverb. This is a good set-up because you want the frequency effects first (Wah), then your signal boosts (BD-2, DS-1), then your time-based effects last in the chain (chorus, flange, delay).

Phil

What kind of guitar is this?

I'm wondering if anyone might know what kind of guitar this is.

[URL=http://www.pitt.edu/~bgb9/akfg.png]Picture[/URL]

I've tried this on a couple other guitar forms and they are clueless. Thanks.

Re: What kind of guitar is this?

maybe its something to do with the URL not working..

Re: What kind of guitar is this?

: maybe its something to do with the URL not working..

Actually it works perfectly fine. Just tried it.

its not a guitar....

Its actually an alien probing device that was used on u 1 too many times

mosrite wiring diagram

Hi, any chance anyone has info on a wiring diagram for a late 70's model [American-made] Mosrite, serial #N0181, 2 vol., 2 tone, one 3-way toggle switch, 2 mini toggle switches, bolt-on neck...?? Having neck pickup switch problem. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!!

Epiphone Guitars

I play metal/hard rock and my questions is: Can a good Epiphone guitar, like a les paul custom or les paul goldtop with EMG humbuckers, be used in a professional setting, or is my best bet to go buy a gibson?...thanks

Re: Epiphone Guitars

Epis can be used as a pro guitar, no problem, they are very good guitars, but you dont see many pro's use them cos the gibson is better, feels better plays better, crafted better, and plays a hell of a lot better.

Truss Rod Adjustment

I just purchased an incredible '57 Strat 2-tone sunburst and I am interested in being able to do some minor adjustments on it myself. I have a luthier in town who does the major things on my guitars but I would like to know more about truss rod adjustment. Can anyone on this forum give me any information about what I should be aware of in doing this? It seems like adjusting the truss rod is a relatively simple procedure, but before I do it, I want to be aware of how to do it properly.

offspring amp settings

does anyone know the settings that dexter holland from the offspring uses? i know noodles is the lead guitarist, but i really like the sound to the ibanez rg (i have one myself) and i gotta know how dexter sets his amp.

Strat FeedBack

Hey,
concerning the start, i have a friend who has a Jay Turser copy of a start and a peavey amp...and the feedback on the bastard is hell...bu i went to another friends house and he had a Squier strat with a Crate amp and there wasnt a glipse of feedback...nothing, nada, zilch....is the guitar or the amp that makes a difference...or both?
Thanks
M.J.

Re: Strat FeedBack

: Hey,
: concerning the start, i have a friend who has a Jay Turser copy of a start and a peavey amp...and the feedback on the bastard is hell...bu i went to another friends house and he had a Squier strat with a Crate amp and there wasnt a glipse of feedback...nothing, nada, zilch....is the guitar or the amp that makes a difference...or both?
: Thanks
: M.J.

Both

I need to know where the notes are!!!!!!

I know how to readmusic because I've been in band for a year but i need to know how to play the notes NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I need to know where the notes are!!!!!!

Start with the open low E string and work your way up to the 12 fret. You have a half step between b and c, and e and f. Goes: e,f,f#,g,g#,a,a#,b,c,c#,d,d#,e...over and over. Same thing with the A string, D string, and so forth.

Good luck.

yur band sucks and so do u

ya heard me peace bro

Chords

Ok now on tabs...wen the notes r right on top of each other....how do i play those cuz i have no idea how to so could u plz e-mail me at Insaneriotkid@aol.com and explain it to me...thanxz....

Chords

Ok now on tabs...wen the notes r right on top of each other....how do i play those cuz i have no idea how to so could u plz e-mail me at Insaneriotkid@aol.com and explain it to me...thanxz....

Re: Chords

if your serious then that would just be a chord meaning you hit them all at the same time if you not serious you can suck a huge cock for wasting my time, and hopefully get a bad case of anal herpes. hope i helped! good luck

gibson ID??

I've a Gibson hollow body (sort of 335??) serial N° 058784 (60s?) sunburst - anyone can identify??

Epiphone w Gibson PUs

Does anony know, if original Gibson Pus (490R and 498T)in any Epiphone Modell create a Sound like an original Gibson. Or is this sound nearly the same as Original??

Re: Epiphone w Gibson PUs

nearly the same, Epis are made in Korea and all Koreans have very bad eyesight and they just cant glue the necks in straight, seriously the epi's do not sound as good as the gibsons, you can put whatever pickups you want on the epi, it will sound different, it will also feel a lot different, it will look different too.

Re: Epiphone w Gibson PUs

oh I see. Thank you. But do you know any other guitars in which I could play orig. Gibson Pu's???
I'm pupil and my parents won't give money for an Gibson.
so what should I do???

strings

Can someone please tell me the average pize 4 strings??????

strings

Can someone please tell me the average pise 4 strings??????

strings

Can someone please tell me the average prise 4 strings??????

sure

in my pants

Re: sure

£4 per set or $6, probably get 6 pairs of pants for that.

cheap ass pants

Where in the hell do u get pants that cheap?tell me cuz i need about 20 pairs,im pants less here!

thanks

thanks so much im naked here.
You like that dont u lee?

Re: thanks

you do look better with the pants matt, please put them back on.

for u lee,anything

ill keep em off then, just the way u like!

yo lee

can you hit me up with a loansky to buy them pants?can ya spare 20$please?!come on give it to me ya cheap bastard!

Restoring Fender Telecaser Question

I was to restore a 73 fender telecaster...the chrome on the bridge and stuff has yellowed a little...is there any way to get it back to its original shine...or can you buy a new telecaster bridge plate and all that stuff?

Re: Restoring Fender Telecaser Question

: I was to restore a 73 fender telecaster...the chrome on the bridge and stuff has yellowed a little...is there any way to get it back to its original shine...or can you buy a new telecaster bridge plate and all that stuff?

Best thing is to buy new stuff but make sure it is Fender Parts.There are loads on the internet.

Burns Split Sonic

Hi, I own a Burns Split Sonic, Serial # 4173. The sound switch says: "split sound", "jazz", "treble" and "wild dog". Can anybody tell me the year this guitar was built?? thanx, max!

max is a girl name

u must be a girl

Re: max is a girl name

Max is a BOYS name too.

its also a GIRLS name

I would know that was my exs name!

looking for zoom 505 II patches of yngwie malmsteen

please if you got some patches for zoom 505 II tell me i´m for almost kill my self

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.