Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

wotev@

YEH WELL IMA BETTER GITARIST THAN ANY1 HERE, SO FUK U ALL OFF NOW

Re: wotev@

Wow, where do we start? anybody care to rip the arse out of that sentence? please form an orderly queue.

ill take this one

learn to spell.u dont need a 4TH grade education what u need is a kindergarden education!

amp buzz

hi, i have a roland bc/30210 amplifier which i run through a cheapy strat copy. i am more than happy with the tone of the amp, but when i put it on high volume settings/ powerful overdrive it makes a buzzing sound which is v. annoying. i dont think its the pickups but im not sure. Thanks.

Re: amp buzz

Well, Duh, try another guitar, switch the ground switch do something besides whine here...

: hi, i have a roland bc/30210 amplifier which i run through a cheapy strat copy. i am more than happy with the tone of the amp, but when i put it on high volume settings/ powerful overdrive it makes a buzzing sound which is v. annoying. i dont think its the pickups but im not sure. Thanks.

woops!

hi, i stupidly plugged the speaker cable from my amp ouput into the input of my amp head while it was on thinkin that it was my guitar lead!my amp is a marshall AVT150 head by the way.and when i did this it turned off and wont turn back on again. i took it apart and i know that the fuse has blown, but by just replacing the fuse will that fix my problem? or have i caused more damage?also anyone know what kinda fuse i gotta replace it with? thanks

Re: woops!

RIP

are you serious? theres no way of fixing it? my amps dead?! surely not!

RIP stupid

wow yur pretty stupid.A musician my ass!

Just try replacing the fuse, the type you need is most likely listed near the fuse. Mistakes happen and that is why things have fuses. Don't worry about it.

Phil

Well get off yer ass and change the fuse.... If it don't work, get yer wallet out. It's pretty simple stupid...

: hi, i stupidly plugged the speaker cable from my amp ouput into the input of my amp head while it was on thinkin that it was my guitar lead!my amp is a marshall AVT150 head by the way.and when i did this it turned off and wont turn back on again. i took it apart and i know that the fuse has blown, but by just replacing the fuse will that fix my problem? or have i caused more damage?also anyone know what kinda fuse i gotta replace it with? thanks

Bit harshly said but very good advice.

is it real or is it memorex

How do you tell if you have the real san dimas guitar , or a nice copy ? I have a strat reverse fire crackel # 4643 ( jackson says its a 1985 ), with jackson made lic. floyd , and jackson pickups (they have the logo on them HSS) inside the giutar in the trem cavity it says fire crackel , then in the neck pocket it has the date 4-3-88 and a stamp mermilia guiterrez ,I cant read what it says on the neck side , the neck is maple and ebony not bound , plays like a dream , sounds like a dream , I found it in a pawn shop in seattle I got it for $413.00 out the door can you help ? thankyou kyle

Goya accoustic guitar

Ok...there's a lady selling a 12 string Goya accoustic guitar...made in Corea...for $250.
What are they uaually worth?
This is a 5 yrs old one.
Thanks.
JJ

looking for a decent priced Fender Starcaster (sunburst)

If anyone is selling one, please let me know. I don't know a whole lot about the prices for those but in most of the reviews I've read by people who bought one, they said that they payed anywhere between $600-$900 for it.

Re: looking for a decent priced Fender Starcaster (sunburst)

pity you are in the states, i have a very nice jap '62 reissue for sale, mid 90's all original with hard case for £350.

How much is £350 equivalent to?

£350 is about $500?? but i wouldnt ship to the states.

Would you be willing to work out a deal for that guitar with me? Let me know either on here or e-mail me at xxsleepingtreexx@hotmail.com Thanks.

Unfortunately 600-900 USD is not a reasonable price today. The dealers are all asking over $2K USD for Starcasters, and two recently sold on eBay for $1700 and $1300 (a great deal!) respectively. Another two have been posted on eBay for $2500 and $2995, but neither have received bids because frankly they are way overpriced. Another pristine looking blonde is listed for $2795 at one of the online dealers. In short, $1500-$2000 is more realistic as a going price for an excellent condition Starcaster these days! I have been tracking them for the last couple of months, and I bought the one referenced above at $1700 - a very nice white one. Good luck...

Tremolo Picking Warning!

I just read some post on tremolo picking and couldn't believe what I heard. I am not repeating the whole thing but I will post my contradiction. DO NOT USE YOUR ARM INSTEAD OF YOUR WRIST TO TREM!!! THAT IS THE DUMBEST TECHNIQUE TO USE. UNBELIEVABLE! IF YOU WANT TENDONITIS KEEP IT UP. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO USE ONLY YOUR WRIST AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMPLETELY STRAIGHT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE IT ANGLED YOU CAN ALSO SCREW UP YOUR TENDONS. GUYS HAVE BLOWN OUT THEIR ARMS USING THE ELBOW JOINT INSTEAD OF THE WRIST JOINT. TRY RESTING YOUR FOREARM ON THE TOP EDGE OF THE BODY OF THE GUITAR AND KEEPING YOUR WRIST COMPLETELY RELAXED AND PARALLEL TO THE STRINGS WHILE TREMMING. YOUR ELBOW SHOULD ALSO BE AT 45 DEGREES. QUIT HAVING THE GUITAR HANGING BY YOUR KNEES AND YOUR ARM STRAIGHT. NU-METAL FANS WOULD PLAY WITH THEIR ARM ALL TENSE. SO GAY! TIME TO LEARN SOME BLACK METAL MORONS.

Taylor guitar value

What is the value of a 1985 Taylor artist series # 3326 signed by Robert Taylor Torquise color with orange and yellow design around hole,flat top accoustic

Help! Is this a good deal?

Theres this flea market, where this old man is selling a Ibanez guitar. It's shape is VERY simmilar, if not the same, of the Ibanez DT200. It's red, has two humbucker pick ups. It's missing one knob.. but it's 50 years old. Apart from the missing knob, its in good condition. Especially concidering its 50 years old. Now he's selling it for 150$ canadian. No taxes. Is this a good deal?> Please reply

Re: Help! Is this a good deal?

if it plays nice, if it sounds nice, if it looks the nuts, and if the old man looks a bit stupid wears a redneck cap and says 'oink oink, squeel like a pig boy!' then i'd buy it, whats a 150 candian?? its not like the end of the world is it? also check those pick ups if they are di marzio then they would be worth that alone...'yeee haw'

: if it plays nice, if it sounds nice, if it looks the nuts, and if the old man looks a bit stupid wears a redneck cap and says 'oink oink, squeel like a pig boy!' then i'd buy it, whats a 150 candian?? its not like the end of the world is it? also check those pick ups if they are di marzio then they would be worth that alone...'yeee haw'

Lol. 150 canadian is like.. 90 american.

150 CAD = 109.569 USD

: : if it plays nice, if it sounds nice, if it looks the nuts, and if the old man looks a bit stupid wears a redneck cap and says 'oink oink, squeel like a pig boy!' then i'd buy it, whats a 150 candian?? its not like the end of the world is it? also check those pick ups if they are di marzio then they would be worth that alone...'yeee haw'

: Lol. 150 canadian is like.. 90 american.

no its like 92 ass

its actually about 92$ american u american pig.why dont u go blow up some innocent country rather than coming on here and being stupid

: Theres this flea market, where this old man is selling a Ibanez guitar. It's shape is VERY simmilar, if not the same, of the Ibanez DT200. It's red, has two humbucker pick ups. It's missing one knob.. but it's 50 years old. Apart from the missing knob, its in good condition. Especially concidering its 50 years old. Now he's selling it for 150$ canadian. No taxes. Is this a good deal?> Please reply

Not familiar much with Ibanez guitars. Some are pro quality, but cost a bit more than $150. I suggest you search on Ebay for the exact same model for auctions that already ended. That might give you an idea of a fair price.

n

Would you care to establish a banner partnership?

Taylor Reaume
cell: 562-544-2355
home: 562-430-2829
AIM Y! MSN chat: loopwisechat
http://www.loopwise.com

Re: n

is that like exchanging favorite web banners? and stuff?

nah

its like exchanging bodily fluids with men and stuff in the ass

Jackson dollar bill

Jackson dollar bill

This popular thread has been given its own page : Jackson dollar bill

Global Guitars

I have a Global Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar was given to me about 20 years ago. Can anybody give me more info on it and what it may be worth.

Deaton ampworks

Who can tell me about a Deaton Ampworks guitar amp..I have borrowed one from a Nashville friend..and I'll tell u..this amps rocks!!! john*

Re: Deaton ampworks

Hey,
You can contact me about those amps.Thanks,
Bill Deaton

: Who can tell me about a Deaton Ampworks guitar amp..I have borrowed one from a Nashville friend..and I'll tell u..this amps rocks!!! john*

Deaton Ampworks

Looking for information about Deaton Ampworks. Thought you might be able to help. Recently purchased a modified 65 Fender Bassman Blonde that has a Deaton Ampworks faceplate. Would love some information on the company. I live in Nashville.

Deaton Ampworks

Did you ever get any information about Deaton Ampworks? I have recently acquired one of these amps and would like to know more about it.

sigo buscando a Max Forbes

Sigo buscando a Max Forbes, el gutarrista costarricense que ha vivido en Cancún.Quiero invitarlo a trabajar con mi banda Agradezco cualquier información para poder entrar en contacto con él.

cncb

cvnbnvnvbnvbncv

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa kv nvd d d

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

rock on jellyman!!!!

'59Les Paul Jr

forsale '59 Gibson Les paul Jr. Info:www.davidholletelle.nl

'59Les Paul Jr

forsale '59 Gibson Les paul Jr. Info:www.davidholletelle.nl

Peavy 112 Bandit amp.

I would like to find an owners manual.

Re: Peavy 112 Bandit amp.

Contact Peavey directly and see if they can send one to you. www.peavey.com

Phil

hellp

im also 12 years old and i need easy tabs like iron man smoke on the water and the white stripes ive been only playing for 2 days and i need somme thing easy

LEE, please check out thread a few lines down...

Thanks.

which guitar

I have been playing for a couple of years and am now doing music for a subject in my last year of secondary schooling. I want to buy an electrical guitar. I have about $700 (australian) to spend - any recomendations and why?
thanks
shaun

Re: which guitar

: I have been playing for a couple of years and am now doing music for a subject in my last year of secondary schooling. I want to buy an electrical guitar. I have about $700 (australian) to spend - any recomendations and why?
: thanks
: shaun

I'll probably get some feedback for this, but I prefer an American-made Fender over Gibson's. Gibson's are great guitars, but I just think that Fender's have "character" that can easily be distinguished on recordings. It really depends a good bit on what style of music you're gonna be performing. $700 should get a nice used Fender off of somewhere like Ebay or local music store. $700 won't get you into a Gibson Les Paul standard though...probably $1000-$1200 (all U.S. funds quoted here). Good luck!

Re: which guitar

I don't know the equivalent of $700 US in Australian currency, but check out the Fender's. Strats and Tele's are a great first electric. Yamaha makes some good guitars too. In agreement with the first response, you couldn't get into a Gibson for under around $1500 US, although great guitars, they are very pricey! Also, PLEASE do not buy the cheapest guitar you can find hoping to save money, buy the BEST that you can afford. Although more expensive, a well made, quality electric will be better in the long run. I hope this helps.

Phil

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.