Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Valueof a guitar.

yup they do go for a few dollars, need to know the year though too... try looking on ebay to get an idea of the used value, or the bluebook.

: I have a Gretsch by Bigsby, Chet Atkins Country Gentlemen electric guitar. I was told it was worth big bucks. Does anyone have any idea how much. It's it very good shape.

E BAY

EBAY IS A POOR PLACE TO GET A PRICE ON ANYTHING,TOO MANY PEOPLE USE EBAY AS A
REFFERENCE AND TRY TO APPLY IT TO THE REAL WORLD--IT DONT WORK
YOUR GUITAR IS WORH ABOUT $2500. (IN MINT CONDITION AND TO THE RIGHT PERSON.
I HOPE YOU DIDNT SELL IT TOO CHEAP

Re: E BAY

I agree it is a poor place to find the 'value' of a guitar, but it is a good place to see what they are actually selling for, and the demand, depending where you live it can be very hard to sell a guitar for it's 'value'.

: EBAY IS A POOR PLACE TO GET A PRICE ON ANYTHING,TOO MANY PEOPLE USE EBAY AS A
: REFFERENCE AND TRY TO APPLY IT TO THE REAL WORLD--IT DONT WORK
: YOUR GUITAR IS WORH ABOUT $2500. (IN MINT CONDITION AND TO THE RIGHT PERSON.
: I HOPE YOU DIDNT SELL IT TOO CHEAP

: I have a Gretsch solid body guitar model #7628 with hard case....guitar is in brand new condition..what should it be worth?

: : I have a Gretsch solid body guitar model #7628 with hard case....guitar is in brand new condition..what should it be worth?

here you go this one is selling for $1300
which i was surprised to see since i paid $400
for mine.
http://www.mannys.net/shop/productos.asp?busavmarca=GRETSCH

Accoustic Guitar Shape

Why is an accoustic guitar shaped like an hourglass and how does it effect the sound?

Re: Accoustic Guitar Shape

: Why is an accoustic guitar shaped like an hourglass and how does it effect the sound?
The shape is for comfort, but also influences the sound. In general, larger bodies tend to be louder and have more bass. The shape of the body influences how the wood vibrates, which has a lot to do with why certian body styles have charecteristic sounds, for example the booming bass of a dreadnaught. There are many other variables that affect the sound, including materials, construction, strings, finish, etc., but probably the single most important is the player!

DeArmond V-75

what is a just price for this guitar? Thoese who have played one how do you compare it to a gibson with the same set-up's pick-up's etc?

Leahy - A love never known

We are playing this at a wedding and are looking for the guitar tabs Thank you

Re: Leahy - A love never known

If you do find it, please email me! I have a friend who is looking for tabs of this song as well.

Re: Leahy - A love never known

I too, am looking for this...please email me if found! thank you. beckianne timbeck5@bellsouth.net

Keep the dreams.

The music "industry" right now is at its lowerst point in the last 30 years. Never has capitalism played such a great part in blocking out the true artists in the game. Musicians since the middle ages have been underpaid, underappriciated, the people who's livelyhood has relied on their passion for the music. Pop bands such as Blink-182 who try to advertize themselves as "punk", so as to gain more publicity, thus sales. People like Lars Ulrich, who sell out on a band as signifigant as Metallica. Beurocratic bean counters such as Fred Durst who are only interested in sales figures, and dont realy give half a fuck about the music. Theres are not the heros of our music scene. It the kids in their garages, writing simple tunes about lost love, it the weekend warrios shredding with their highschool mates of long ago, its the people who put their blood, sweat and tears into music and never get recognized, these are our heros. There are 2 ways teh music scene can go. It can get better, or it can get worse. Its time to take the power back. In a day and age where bands pop up, sounding quasi-pearl jam/creed, releasing one song and then dissapearing, where "r'n'b" is any pop song released by a black artist. If you not as guitarists, not as musicians, but as people, want it to get better, then the sword is in your hand. You have to know how to weild it. Keep putting in the blood sweat and tears, brothers and sisters. Let the beurocratic record execs' weave their bullshit. Its your music, its your life, its your enjoyment. Do your own thing, not what you think you should do. Its what makes us the best fuckin thing there is, not just as guitarists, not just as musicians, but as people. Kepp the dreams, brother and sisters.
Vladimir

Re: Keep the dreams.

AMEN,to that!! Back in the day(late 60's-70's)the music moguls were willing to take chances on new,diverse forms of music.The results were a FEAST of different sounds,styles and timbres.Even DISCO had the power to bring Whites,Blacks and Latinos together under one roof! On 99X(radio)you could hear Jim Croach's "Time in a Bottle" followed by Willie Hutch's theme from "The MACK"! Now,the white-collars have infected "US" with the "RIDE THE HORSE 'TIL IT DIES,THEN EAT 'EM" mind-set.Everybody sounds the same,I can't tell who's who anymore.IT ALL SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME SHIT TO ME!! So,to that I say,"FUCK IT"! If someone likes your music...COOL.If not...THAT'S COOL TOO!
KEEP ON DOIN' IT!!

What?, don't they know who we are?

Hehe, ik dacht ook meteen aan dat beetje invloed op http://getgambling.topcities.com/

Finally figured this out - my

ummmmmmmmm whats this mummy?? http://www.cureage.com/arthritis/osteoarthritis.html

Hehe, ik dacht ook meteen aan dat beetje invloed op http://www.cureage.com/arthritis/osteoarthritis.html

ummmmmmmmm whats this mummy?? http://order-games.fateback.com/

You are right ofcourse... But...

Finally figured this out - my http://www.vitazine.com/steroids/anabolic-video.html

And how about those fairies?

And how about those fairies? http://www.vitazine.com/steroids/anabolic-video.html

Okay, ik ga ze plaatsen op m'n web-log. :)

Zucht. En ik heb al zo'n last van frequent lozen van flatus en RSI. http://www.vitazine.com/steroids/anabolic-video.html

Were there ever real witches?

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP http://mac-os-x-games-action.webeve.com/rickdangerous.html

s Yairi guitar

s Yairi guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : s Yairi guitar

Check it out, great guitar

great ibanez check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=863646448

~sellin a great guitar~

zoom 9000

zoom 9000

This popular thread has been given its own page : zoom 9000

what kind of adaptor should i use with an ax1000g???

i recently aquired an ax1000g but with no adaptor included, i visited the local distributor but they said that they dont sell korg adaptors....... what kind of adaptor should i use..... i have a generic one here but im afraid i might damage the unit .. its specks are (adaptor) 60/50Hz, 18W, 1.5-3.4-9-12V and 1000mA...... would this be ok? plss help me.........

rock/pop guitarist would link to swap/add links

I'm a 34 year old guitarist in louisiana doing some 4 tracking at home. I'd like to add your link to my site, if you'll will add mine. For anyone seeking exposure, let's swap. Also, if you have any kind of site, and would like to trade, lemme know. My styles are melodic rock, pop, progressive, rock n roll, bluesy, folk, and recently hillbilly, i guess?, also my own unique rock hybrid creations. visit: geocities.com/kiddinla ... thanks, Damian

hmmmmm strange.................

why is the info in guitar history also on encarta?
isnt it copyrighted?

how do i palm mte while playing smells like teen spirit???

i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana's song smell's like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can't get the palm muting thing right i realyy don't know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at crazykids55@hotmail.com.

how do i palm mute while playing smells like teen spirit???

i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana's song smell's like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can't get the palm muting thing right i realyy don't know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at crazykids55@hotmail.com.

Re: how do i palm mute while playing smells like teen spirit???

it is not palm muting. You mute with your fretting hand. Like a ghost note.
: i try and try to play the song right but no matter what i just keep screwing up. i am so frustrated. could u possibly help my by giving my some tips on how to play the intro and chorus of Nirvana's song smell's like teen spirit?? I am trying put i just can't get the palm muting thing right i realyy don't know how to do it so could u please help me. thanx. E-mail me at crazykids55@hotmail.com.

HOHNER accoustic Martin copy HG310

Just bought Hohner HG310 supposed to be a Martin copy made in 04/78, anybody know about this thing?

Re: HOHNER accoustic Martin copy HG310

Don't know much about it, but I have one that I bought new around 1978. Still think it's a great guitar...has held up just fine and plays, sounds, and records way better than many much more expensive big-name guitars (and a custom guitar or two) that I have played and/or heard over the years.

Kramer Guitar

I have a Kramer "Gorky Park" w/fake autographs.Only 150 made. Its triangle shaped and red w/american&russian flags.Have you ever heard of this,and if so how much is it worth.(purchased new in 1991.)

Re: Kramer Guitar

: you need to go to kramermaniaxe.com, if you already havent. There you will get all the info you need on these guitars.

lyrics

can you send me lyrics to lucky peterson bill perry live and tomy castro live and tino gonzales first album tank you very much i ve a lot of lyrics to send to

Please help me get the right sound out of my amp..

Prehaps this isn't the right messageboard to ask but i will try anyway..

I want to play Power Metal U know like Stratovarius/Blind Guardian/Rhapsody Etc
And Im loking for that heavy Power Metal sound

Im having a very hard time setting my amp to sound like i want it to *prehaps its not even possible*

My amp is not so god it is a peavy rage 158 transetube series and i dont think its built for that sort of sound but to compensate that i got myself a Zoom505II guitar processor and hoped that it whould help me on the way but i just dont get it how to set all these patches to an optimal setting ... i dont even know witch bank to use. I can't afoard to buy a new amp *marshall or whatever* so i wondered if there is some hope anyway?

Re: Please help me get the right sound out of my amp..

let me tell you right now that if you want that sound DON'T GET A MARSHALL. Stupid brits think way to highly of themselves, and I am just not impressed. Here is the deal if your 505II works anything likke the 505I that I used to use it wont be terribly difficult. First of all you need a good moderatley high output humbuker going to that zoom. The set the zoom by going to any of the patches you dont like and hit the edit button. (Most of the factory presets suck so this should not be an issue). Then set everything too off by scrolling through each effect and making sure it say off or none or something like that(sorry I havent used the thing for several years.) Then set the out put level of the pedal so it will slightly overdrive your amp, with the amp gain at like 3-5. Then go up to the distortion section of the zoom. there will be a whole bunch of options there but the one you wast is just DI or distorion. The MT or metal setting is just crappy mush. Then go to the gain next to the distortion section and crank it the higher you go the thicker it will sound. Finally there is some amp simulation on the zoom that follows the noise reduction i belive. you will have to work with this a bit but it will really help shape up the sound. I think the settings go from like A-1 through A-9, A-7 sounded cool on my rockpro1000. Finally hit store twice and it will be saved. Then set the eq on your amp a way that sounds good to you. A big part of being a guitarist is getting your own sound, and eq will really help you out here. If you have any further questions repost, or if you think i'm just an ass with way to much to say that is fine to. Hope it helps.

Thx you Guys!! You have no idea how much that helped me!! Again Thanks!!! Ofcourse im not a very skilled guitarist but im planning to be and i mean what is the point of playing if youre not happy with the sound while you get there?

first thing you need to do is write a good patch on your zoom. going round on th selector, your settings should look something like this. patch level 25, comp/lim/wah on c4, dist on metal (nt??) and gain to about 25. have the eq set to about 25 and the the next one to -5, znr to 9, mod off, del/rev on d3, and the time to 37. ajust it so that you ge these settings and you will have a good metal patch. then turn the bass up all the way on your amp, the treble to about the middle. now when you crank your mid down, the sound will become more metal.

im having trouble with my peavey 158 aswell

I can seem to get it to distort enough to play pieces to my likings.. As Asaroth said... , i would like to know how to get alot of distotion outa my peavey 158 Transtube , any help will be appreciated

Earl Slick phantom guitar

WILL THIS BE A COLLECTORS ITEM?

Re: Earl Slick phantom guitar

Probably not. I bought one brand new for $350 back in 1984 or 85. It wasn't a top of the line guitar & it's not like it's an authentic Slick autograph...it's just a print. I still have the guitar, and I'm actually looking to replace the old kahler tremolo on it.

: WILL THIS BE A COLLECTORS ITEM?

:Depends on what you want to collect. I tend to collect fun guitars, and this one is a special purpose guitar to me, which is fun. NO,it probably won't ever be very valuable, but fun--get it?

The people beneath me are all crap !!!

The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

Re: The people beneath me are all crap !!!

And hello to you too, dickhead!

: The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

You were beneath me for about a min.....

And then I flushed.

: The 10 people beneath me are truly beneath me. They are all crap, as is their musical skill. I am god, the true god of music. I have spoken. Love Bob

how do i mute with fretting hand while playing smells like teen spirit???

i tryed and tryed again I still can't get it right. i was told i was like playing a gost note, but i am a beginner so i am not familiar with some of the subjects. could u possible help me by giving me tips or something on how to play the intro on Smells like teen spirit by nirvana?? thanks! E-mail me at crazykids55@hotmail.com

Re: how do i mute with fretting hand while playing smells like teen spirit???

where it sounds like palm muting, he is actually resting his fretting hand on the strings to create the sound. You dont need to prees hard just enough to muffle the strings. Hope that helps.

Re: thanks for answering my questions on smells like teen spirit!!!

: where it sounds like palm muting, he is actually resting his fretting hand on the strings to create the sound. You dont need to prees hard just enough to muffle the strings. Hope that helps.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.