Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fitness fingerboard

Does anybody know where can I find a fitness fingerboard like the one in http://www.guitarworld.com/gearreviews/new_equipment/2000/0012C_newequip.html ??

Thank you

Re: Fitness fingerboard

Just contact gutiarworld, or the manafacturer listed in the ad/article... or is this your way of advertising it ???

: Does anybody know where can I find a fitness fingerboard like the one in http://www.guitarworld.com/gearreviews/new_equipment/2000/0012C_newequip.html ??

: Thank you

i'm getting a guitar for free...

hi im a spoilt little bastard. i jumped up and down until my dad said he'd get me a guitar. so what'sthe most expensive one i can get cuz i'm a greedy little bastard.

Re: i'm getting a guitar for free...

So, greedy little bastard, i'd like to have the same chance as you. :-)
Buy hand-made guitar with golden hardware...

Or I have read somewhere that there is Albert Collins Telecaster model supplied by Fender, which is very expensive. What do you say?

How are Shecter Guitars???

I am looking for a nice fat warm clean tone. I play through a music man amp with a fender tele with a hotrail on the bridge, and It just is not the sound I want. I am trying to decide between possibly a Shecter or a SG special. They do sound a little different, but for the cost, I'm leaning towards the Shecter.

Re: How are Shecter Guitars???

get the shecter i have a shecter c-1+ and a Gibson SG and i expeted the gibson to sound so much better but the shecter sounds a lot better and has alot more tone.

how are the shecters from the 1980's???

: get the shecter i have a shecter c-1+ and a Gibson SG and i expeted the gibson to sound so much better but the shecter sounds a lot better and has alot more tone.

SHECTER GUITARS

I just purchased the Shecter C1+ and i am completely amazed at it. Not only by the looks of it but by the complete balance of it. With it's mohagany neck just like the LEZZIES (les Paul) it sounds wicked..Also it's a lot lighter than the les paul's. But the thing that caught me ear when i first plugged it in is the TONE Quality...it's got a rich sound that is thick and controllable..the Two hummers keep the annoying notes out and last but not least...my favorite part..The balance of it..It is the most balaced guitar i have ever heard..This guitar makes SG's Look like a pile of mud...SINGLE HUMBUCKERS BAH HUM BUG!!! BRING ON A MANS GUITAR...This guitar can play your precious EMO love songs..or it can kick into a variety of wicked gears...Not to mention the smell of butter as i play the lead..NO QUESTION..eveyone should try a SCHETER no matter what kind..but c1+ is straight out an awesome guitar
PEACE
GREY

: Just got the BlackJack S1 and I love it ... BIG Tone and just in general BIG Sound ... It kicks ass!

Go with the Shecter

I have to agree with everybody else here. I just got home from Guitar Center and not twenty minutes ago was playing all sorts of Shecters. The Diamond series (XXX, C1, etc) are PHENOMENAL. I couldn't believe that guitars for $595 felt, looked and sounded like that. I've never liked Gibsons (too heavy, not enough give in the action) and just picked up a Shecter on a whim. The tone was GREAT, really crisp when clean and really thick when distorted. Responsive, playable... I feel like I've found the guitars that were MADE for me, and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. These guitars are just way better than their price suggests. Forget the Gibsons, go to the store and plug in a Shecter and you'll see what we're all talking about!!

Oops, sorry about the misspelling!

Sorry about that, it's actually spelled "Schecter." I was so excited from playing that I forgot to look it up.

CLOUD GUITAR

LOOKING TO BUY. CONTAT ME. CHARLESNEELY2000@YAHOO.COM

I just bought a shecter tempest custom off of a friend of mine, its bad ass and sounds great. Awesome guitars

: I am looking for a nice fat warm clean tone. I play through a music man amp with a fender tele with a hotrail on the bridge, and It just is not the sound I want. I am trying to decide between possibly a Shecter or a SG special. They do sound a little different, but for the cost, I'm leaning towards the Shecter.

year(s) made

have a hohner hg360r, made in japan,any idea year made?

syairi acoustic guitar - worth fixing?

syairi acoustic guitar - worth fixing?

This popular thread has been given its own page : syairi acoustic guitar - worth fixing?

Axes

Being a non native English speaker, I always wonder why guitar is sometimes called "axe". Is there any clear explanation?

1906 Gibson style O

1906 Gibson style O

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1906 Gibson style O

The best way to learn plating E-Guitar?!

hey everyone
I search a learn program where i could learn from basis playing on e-guitar... i would like to learn playing metal-heavy metal stuff on the begin...
So Someone here know a good learn program for E-Guitar?
thnx

sry4mybadenglish ;o))

berko666@uni.de

GT-5 sounds!

Hi, I have bought a GT-5 the last year, and I'm sitll looking for sounds.
I can't get neither a good distortion and a clean sound.
Would you mind giving me some advertisement?
Which is the best configuration for the equilizator?
I'm using a JCM 900 amp and a Gibson Les Paul guitar.

gibson sg

does anyone have any clue where I can find some blueprints for a gibson sg. I plan to make one one day... I am not looking for something I have to pay for. The gibson sg has been around for decades, it's been marketed every which way possible, it's silly to pay for its blueprints.

I need tab of shap of my heart(sting)

I want to have the tab of shap of my heart.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it.tanx.

I want it also!

Send it to me too pleas ;)

Re: I need tab of shap of my heart(sting)

: I want to have the tab of shap of my heart.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it.tanx.

please

Re: I need tab of shap of my heart(sting)

: I want to have the tab of shap of my heart text.I could not find it.please send it to me if you have it. plz send to me and i need
text of this music

ampeg svt-3 pro crashdown

ampeg svt-3 pro crashdown

This popular thread has been given its own page : ampeg svt-3 pro crashdown

pacifica 812s

I want this guitar....OK, any for sale!
Help!
I want this!

Chinese made Castilla CS-30

Chinese made Castilla CS-30

This popular thread has been given its own page : Chinese made Castilla CS-30

decent first acoustic(-electric)?

Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I've been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard's way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I'm thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe?
thanks in advance...

Re: decent first acoustic(-electric)?

: Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I've been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard's way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I'm thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe?
: thanks in advance...

I recently picked up a used Fernandes Reyna at a local shop for less than $200. This guitar has the most comfortable neck of any acoustic I've ever played! Good luck, BIG AL

Check out Yamaha's entry level acoustic guitars. Epiphone and Ibanez have fairly good acoustic guitars at below $300. If you can spare a bit more, try the lower end guitars by Tacoma and Takamine, as well as Ovation for electric acoustics. good luck to your playing. :)

: Looking to get my first "real" acoustic (or acoustic-electric). I've been learning on a second-hand classical guitar (eek), and the fretboard's way too wide for my not-too-large hands. I'm thinking about an acoustic-electric, in case I feel like jamming with my plugged-in brethren. Any good recommendations for a relatively low-budget axe?
: thanks in advance...
my personal opinion would be a paticular model which i have played but do not yet own is an ovation balladeer special model S771 due to its collectable qualities and the noticeable improvement in sound projection due to lack of embellishment and finish.

need help wiring my aria pro II urchin series U60T

I have an Aria Pro II U60T Urchin series solid body electric guitar. When I got it, all of the wiring was tottally shot. I have to redo the entire thing. Can anybody tell me how to rewire this thing. It has two tones and one volume with a three way switch.

Goldmine of jobs to do at home

I was looking for at home assembly jobs or at home data entry or really any at home job and my friend told me about this great site. So for anybody out there like me who wants work from home, you can check it out. It's at www.homeworkers.org/index.html

Looking for correct Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal"

I really need this tab cane you help?

Re: Looking for correct Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal"

: It's actually a Michael Jackson song, and covered virtually note for notte. Try looking for Jackson tabs.

looking for dream theater tabs

i am looking for dt tabs. i want this albums. when dream and day unite, change of seasons, six degrees of inner turbulence, images and words. i have the rest of albums. i also want anything from pink floyd or ozzy. send me a mail if you have something i want

Re: looking for dream theater tabs

i just want tabs form dt-th mirror

Fender 70's Decal

I'm wondering where can I find a decal for a 70's fender strat peghead.

Re: Fender 70's Decal

:The only place you will get one of these is through Fender itself. And they will need proof that the guitar you own is a true Fender, for copywrite purposes

looking for job

my name is Adam, i live i grand rapids,mi and i am looking for a job drafting blueprints for gutars. i recently completed an autocad coarse and i am willing to move.

Re: looking for job

Look for guitar makers in the <a href="http://www.guitarsite.com/database/">database</a> on this site. There are heaps of Makers out there.

: my name is Adam, i live i grand rapids,mi and i am looking for a job drafting blueprints for gutars. i recently completed an autocad coarse and i am willing to move.

Re: looking for job

: my name is Aleksandar and i am a guitar maker.I am looking for a business partner to eploy me.I can prove my handy by pictures or my handcrafted guitars.

JULIAN BREAM

Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Re: JULIAN BREAM

He is still alive. Some rumours were circulating last year about a health problem but I have been told these are false and he is doing well,

Jim in Canada

: Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Re: JULIAN BREAM

Of course he is. Furthermore, this man will be eternally alive in my spirit.

: Does anyone know if Bream is still alive or not?

Half diminished chords

Thanks Gorm,you have been a great help

Congrats to Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Little Richard

Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard are to be the first 3 recipients of the Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) Icon Award, to be presented to them at the BMI 50th Annual Pop Awards dinner at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Los Angeles, CA on Tuesday May 14th 2002.

The performing rights organization is honoring them with this prestigious new award in recognition of their many contributions to contemporary music. Bo Diddley's debut single "Bo Diddley"/"I'm A Man" (Checker 814) hitting the rhythm & blues singles chart in May 1955, Chuck Berry's "Maybellene" (Chess 1604) in August 1955 and Little Richard's "Tutti-Frutti" (Specialty 561) in January 1956.

Now in his early 70s, one of the founding fathers of rock music and the popularizer of the world-famous "Bo Diddley beat", singer and guitarist Bo Diddley is still very much active in the recording studio and in the clubs and the concert halls around the world. He performed a rousing version of his classic song "Who Do You Love" with George Thorogood & The Destroyers in front of a TV audience of millions at the Live Aid Concert in Philadelphia in 1985. A couple of years later he was deservedly an early inductee into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. In 1996 he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rhythm 'n' Blues Foundation and in 1998 received another Lifetime Achievement Award this time from The Recording Academy at that year's annual Grammy Awards Ceremony. More recently, yet further honors were justifiably awarded to him when he was inducted into The Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame, The North Florida Music Association Hall of Fame and on March 8th of this year he was awarded the prestigious Pioneer In Entertainment Award by The National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (NABOB).

Warmest congratulations to Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard on the awarding of these richly-deserved honors.

David Blakey, Webmaster,
BO DIDDLEY-The Originator
http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/index.html
A Celebration of Bo Diddley's unique contribution to Popular Music.

my yamaki

I own a Yamaki Deluxe which used to have the adjustable bridge. Im not sure about the year of it, but i would like to know if it is worth any amount of money. I f you could help me I would be forever gratful.

Thanks,

Cory.

Re: my yamaki

Hello,I to am in the same boat.I have a Yamaki Deluxe I bought used in about 1972 or 73,it is in very good top shape but I am having a hard time finding anything out about this guitar.I have a Martin d-35 from the early 80s in showroom shape but at times I prefuretoplay the Yamaki go figure! Hope we both can get info.Dan

Valueof a guitar.

I have a Gretsch by Bigsby, Chet Atkins Country Gentlemen electric guitar. I was told it was worth big bucks. Does anyone have any idea how much. It's it very good shape.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.