Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

sgt.gotdns.com

goto SGT.GOTDNS.COM for scanned guitar and bass tabs,also backing tracks. and a guitar and bass forum!!!!!!!

Aria guitar

Aria guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Aria guitar

Stryper tabs/chords

Can anyone send me chords fo Stryper's "My love I'll always show" ?? I'd like to get any other Stryper chords/tabs as well.
thankya.

Re: Stryper tabs/chords

: Can anyone send me chords fo Stryper's "In God We trust" ?? I'd like to get any other Stryper chords/tabs as well.
: thankya.

Re: Stryper tabs/chords

: Can anyone send me tabs fo Stryper's " More than a man and Free ?? I'd like to get any other Stryper chords/tabs as well.
: thankya.

How Do I Change The Strings On My Guitar???

Hey all,
I recently bought a Fender DG-11 Accoustic and I am left handed and I want to change the strings, any tips? I'm scared I might damage the strings, e mail me, thanx

Re: How Do I Change The Strings On My Guitar???

Yo, alright i'll feel pitty, you must have just gotten your guitar. Well if its an acoustic you have to take out the pins in the bridge. but do this AFTER you have taken all of the tension out of the strings. Simply unwind the strings, pull out the pins, get new stings, and wind. the only tip i have is before you wind pull the string about four inches from the fret board, and then start to wind. you need enough string to wind. Thats about it. go get em tiger. later

Rob

Re: How Do I Change The Strings On My Guitar???

: Hey all,
: I recently bought a Fender DG-06 eleckric and I am left handed and I want to change the strings, any tips? I'm scared I might damage the strings, e mail me, thanx

Guitar Magic Software

Can any of you comment on this? Any good? 15 year old wants to try it to continue training at home.
Thanks!

My all-time favorite guitar...

My all-time favorite guitar is a Dixon I bought in the early 70's. It is a copy of the Gibson Dove, but personally, I think it sounds better. I can't find anything about the worth of the guitar, however. Given the cost of the Gibson Dove and the way this one plays, I'm curious about the value. Can you tell me anything about it?

Yamaha fg-180 WANTED UK

Hi, Im after a Yamaha FG-180. late 60's/early 70's..red label etc.....located in UK....anyones got one, drop me an email

Thanks

Re: Yamaha fg-180 WANTED UK

I have one - perfect condition - USA

: Hi, Im after a Yamaha FG-180. late 60's/early 70's..red label etc.....located in UK....anyones got one, drop me an email

: Thanks

: Hi, Im after a Yamaha FG-180. late 60's/early 70's..red label etc.....located in UK....anyones got one, drop me an email

I have a Yamaha fg-180 Red label made in Nippon Japan. I would like to know what it is worth and why is it so popular?
The serial number is I0628859

:I go One!

Hi, Im after a Yamaha FG-180. late 60's/early 70's..red label etc.....located in UK....anyones got one, drop me an email

Re: Yamaha FG500 Red Label Nippon Gakki WANTED UK

Dying to get hold of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

John

Hello there. I have a late 60's FG-180, red label in excellent condition. Let me know if you're interested.

Hi I have one for sale. Contact me if your interested.....Thanks

: Hi, Im after a Yamaha FG-180. late 60's/early 70's..red label etc.....located in USA....anyones got one, drop me an email

i have a 68' fg 180 label still inside "red" e-mail me

Hey, I have a late 60's FG-180 red label. sounds great, excellent conditon.

guitar amp

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!need schematics for a "missippi blues master" guitar amp,thanks.
dina

has n e 1 ever bought anything from customshopparts.com?

I found them on the web and they seem like the have some decent stuff. I just don't want to buy anything w/o finding out if it's worth it or just more generic junk.

rating twelve string guitars

I recently purchased a Gibson J 185 twelve string guitar. I like it very much. How would you rate this guitar with those being produced by other copanies such as Taylor and Guild? What in your opinion are the Gibson's strong and not so strong points?

How low temperature effects electric guitars

My question is regarding the use of guitars outdoors in wintertimes. Down to which temperature is the handling of the tuning no big problem. Below which temperature could the guitar be unreversibly demaged?

Re: How low temperature effects electric guitars

i dunno but to guess, probably would have the same effect as heating it up?
i wouldn't take any guitar out in the temps at the mo- below 0- not at all- but i'm paranoid about damaging my guitar...
Don't let it get wet, whatyever ya do.
Any reasonable difference in temp will effect a guitar- eg tuning going out. G

Sorry i slept thru my physics classes at high school.

guitar question

hi. i would like to know if anyone knows if fernandes made a warlock style electric guitar? I have a warlock guitar and it says fernandes on the neck by the tuner knobs, and i can't find any other guitar like it from fernandes. so if any one could help me i would appreciate it.

Re: guitar question

Yes, they made Warlocks, Biches, Eagles and Mockingbirds. All had an 'F'on the headstock. Like Kasuga had 'K'' on the headstock.
I could scan you some catalogs. Mail me if you'd like that. greetings
Rob
www.bcrich.nl

want to import 2nd hand/used guitars in bulk

can anyone tell me where i can import used branded (Fender/Gibson/Yamaha/Ibanez,etc) electric/acoustic guitars for re-sale in my country (Malaysia)

Gibson Les Paul

hi there, just wondering if u have any Gibson's Les Paul guitar in hand? I live in Sunway, Selangor. I am interested in getting one....Thanks a bunch!

Re: want to import 2nd hand/used guitars in bulk&roland electronic pads

: can anyone tell me where i can import used branded (Fender/Gibson/Yamaha/Ibanez,etc) electric/acoustic guitars for re-sale in my country (Malaysia)

Re: want to import 2nd hand/used guitars in bulk

: can anyone tell me where i can import used branded (Fender/Gibson/Yamaha/Ibanez,etc) electric/acoustic guitars for re-sale in my country (Latvia)

Getting Good Tone out of my Patches

Alright, I'm not at some basic level anymore, and i bought this sweet rack mount Oberhiem GM-100, and this thing sounds great, well so i thought. and so, i've sent my crap around, and some people with a studio told me "i was the best lead player they'd ever heard." So feeling cocky, i sent away my audition tapes to berklee College Of Music in Boston, and i got harsh comments back. I got, on a scale of 1 to 8 a 3.8 for tone. i was like what?! $1200 and you gonna tell me bad tone?! i use all good tones and stuff, but i need help in how patches really work. John Petrucci has a signiture tone, and i know i can't reproduce that with my rig (or any prolly for that matter!), but how much compresion should i use? how much reverb? how do you get singing sustain with out that crappy compression? Just a little help with how to create some pro sounding patches would be sweet. later.
Rob

Re: Getting Good Tone out of my Patches

I think your problem isn't your tone... from the way you write,It might be because you are in love with yourself (well and your tone probably sucks as well, I mean everyone can't be wrong) Hope this helps...

come on

you dont buy tone buddy, its in your fingers. try not concentrating on your rig for a while, play on a CLEAN clean channel, and see how your fingers sound. if you could buy tone, then theoretically, anyone could have great tone without any practice, think about it.

Amp making noises!!

I really need some help PLEASE,
I recently bought a second hand Fender Stage 160..it was fine but now when im playing on my Ibanez Grx 720....it makes this crackling noise and also on my other guitar a Fender Squier, it also makes the noise.....ive tried different leads and different guitars and it still makes the noise.....help PLEASE!!!!!

Loose wires inside amp?

Ok so you've ascertained that its the amp that is wrong/ broken?
there's probably a loose connection with the circuitry/ in the "guts" of the amp. Or something short circuiting with it-
one way might be to give it a real good thump- as its probably loose wires inside, see if that makes a diffrence. Get a torch and have a look around in side it for anything obviously loose- but unplug first!

Or: talk to a friend who knows, as it's much easier to sort it by looking at it.
There are websites on the net with these kinda probs- eg wholenote.com has some pretty good stuff on that kind of thing.
Or, the usual advise, take to local guitar store and have them try to decide what the problem is. Good luck man! G

Re: Loose wires inside amp?

: Ok so you've ascertained that its the amp that is wrong/ broken?
: there's probably a loose connection with the circuitry/ in the "guts" of the amp. Or something short circuiting with it-
: one way might be to give it a real good thump- as its probably loose wires inside, see if that makes a diffrence. Get a torch and have a look around in side it for anything obviously loose- but unplug first!

: Or: talk to a friend who knows, as it's much easier to sort it by looking at it.
: There are websites on the net with these kinda probs- eg wholenote.com has some pretty good stuff on that kind of thing.
: Or, the usual advise, take to local guitar store and have them try to decide what the problem is. Good luck man! G

Thanks.......i've taken it down to my local shop and they said theres nuthing wrong with it BUT I KNOW THERE is!!!
Could it maybe be interference of sum sort??

Maybe Interference??

Thanks.......i've taken it down to my local shop and they said theres nuthing wrong with it BUT I KNOW THERE is!!!
Could it maybe be interference of sum sort??

Re: Maybe Interference??

Hey
Yeah sometimes a big amp will pick up radiostation signals, my friend's picks up Russian stations!!
This would cause a crackling noise.
Take your guitar to the shop with the amp and show them there is something wrong with it!
On the other hand, if you move it eg to the shop, and the interference stops, then it's not a problem with the amp. try asking at wholenote.com, those guys are wise.

Peavey all tube high gain rack mount amp for sale

Peavey rockmaster + Peavey Classic 50/50 + sKB 4 space rack

$450

3 channels. does super high gain, marshall sound, and clean all real well. all tube. excellent condition. email me if itnerested. electron@mail.rit.edu

Re: Peavey all tube high gain rack mount amp for sale

: Peavey rockmaster + Peavey Classic 50/50 + sKB 4 space rack

: $450
Would you be interested in selling just the 50/50?
: 3 channels. does super high gain, marshall sound, and clean all real well. all tube. excellent condition. email me if itnerested. electron@mail.rit.edu

Re: Peavey all tube high gain rack mount amp for sale

: : Peavey rockmaster + Peavey Classic 50/50 + sKB 4 space rack

: : $450

And would you sell just the rockmaster? Is it a 110 Volts or 220 Volt Modell (is it switchabel to 220)?

Please Contact: mail-to-rico@web.de (Germany)

Thanx - Rico

damaged mail order guitar

I recently ordered a guitar from an online dealer. When it arrived there were minor cracks in the finish on the back of the body of the guitar. You have to hold the guitar at the right angle to the light to see the cracks. Should I bother returning the guitar? The guitar was a christmas present and it will be late if I have to return it and have them send a new one. The guitar was not expensive. It was a starter model, about $170 for the guitar and a gig bag, and some other stuff like a pitch pipe and extra set of strings, etc.
(It's a yamaha f310).

Is it likely that this crack will affect the sound, or will get worse and subsequently damage the guitar. If the person the gift is for takes to playing guitar, they'll probably buy a better guitar in a year or so.

ÔÈËÈÏÏ

WHERE TO FIND the DRAWING STICK OR Warr Guitar

value of my guitar

i have a 1930s radiotone jazz guitar made in the
chzch rep irion kirton good con plays well to
can any 1 help with the value plz
best regards clint

Re: value of my guitar

Curious - I have the exact guitar shown in the film, "Oh Brother Where Art Thou". I believe it is a 1921 Rosewood Martin in top condition. I'm just in the process of researching further.

Re: value of my guitar

i have a 2nd hand vester about 3 years old with one small strach on the back. perfect fret board,stoppers,tremolo, 3 pick ups ect good condition.
how much would u value it for.
greg.

Need help about my EC Strat!!!!

The middle pick up got problem the 4th time yesterday night! I have sent it back to the guitar shop three time before because the the middle pick up won't work after I switch it to the middle position. This time it sounds very weak after i do the same thing. I have changed the battery. (Anyone can tell about the battery? would I heard sound coming out of my AMP after I take the battery out?)

Thanks!

how to get a good punk rock sound

i am open to any ideas to get a good hard distorted punk rock sound. any pedals good or what..like green day blink-182

Re: how to get a good punk rock sound

: i am open to any ideas to get a good hard distorted punk rock sound. any pedals good or what..like green day blink-182

Ive found that when i just use my Overdrive pedal it sounds really cool!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.