Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: "Faster playability"?

Hey. I found this by accident doing a search on google, but it doesn't look like anyone else answered it. A faster neck on an electric guitar will be thinner (.780" at the nut and 12th fret), have a flatter fingerboard radius (16"), low action, thicker frets, be scalloped, and have a satin or natural finish (such as wenge). If you made a neck with all those characteristics, it would take some getting used to, but theoretically you'd be able to play much faster once you get used to it.

: Hi everyone. I was learning some Malmsteen stuff, having a hard time. Someone recommended getting a guitar with "faster playability." What does that mean? What makes a guitar quicker to play? Frets? Type of neck? Thickness of neck? Curvature of fretboard??

: What type of specs do fast players, like Malmsteen or Satriani or Vai use? Thanks much!!

Ibanez: "Faster playability"?

On a related note, I have an Ibanez S-series. Would this be considered a guitar with "fast playability"? What other guitars would you recommend for faster play?

Thanks a lot!

gretsch monkees guitar pickguard repro

looking for the above original or repro.
is there anybody out there?

Re: gretsch monkees guitar pickguard repro

mirabella guitars will make a repro set for approx. $300.00

Re: gretsch monkees guitar pickguard repro

: looking for the above original or repro.
: is there anybody out there?
: original

I´m lloking for a pickguard for my Chet Atkins Tennessean 1963... Do you know where can I buy it?

: looking for the above original or repro.
: is there anybody out there?

Chet Atkins Tennessean 1963 pickguard

: : looking for the above original or repro.
: : is there anybody out there?
: : I´m looking to buy for a Chet Atkins Tennessean 1963 an original or repro pickguard. Do you know where can I buy it?

gretsch double anniversary neck reset

gretsch double anniversary  neck reset

This popular thread has been given its own page : gretsch double anniversary neck reset

Antoria Guitar price please

I recently purchased an Antoria Twin Neck Guitar, based on a Fender Bass and Fender Stratocaster. I only paid £125 for this but would like to find out the correct price of this model for insurance purposes. Can anybody help me out here? Thanks in advance.

Re: Antoria Guitar price

i have got a antoria guitar that was built arond the 70s or 80s when most were built and it is work about 1000 pounds and is based on a gibson es335 and if yours is built around the same time it will be about the same price.

wanted

Oscillator for TEAC 360S cassette deck

Re: wanted

: Oscillator for TEAC 360S cassette deck
...... I have a TEAC-360s in almost New condition for sale.... Make me an offer if your'e interested. No parts........ qsx7@yahoo.com ........

Vote on Ozzy Legal Issue

Please place your vote on the Ozzy legal dispute at http://www.guitartabbooks.com/freelessons/minip.htm

washburn

i need to purchase a black floyd rose or replica for my washburn g4 thanks tony

I just so happen to have a washburn floyd...

I have a black floyd from a washburn that I parted out. It's got a little wear and tear but it functions. Respond and leave an e-mail if you're interested.

Marshall AVT 150 Schematic NEEDED!!!!

Marshall AVT 150 Schematic NEEDED!!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marshall AVT 150 Schematic NEEDED!!!!

Takamine vs. Sigma

I want to know whitch one is the best... Takamine EF261SBL or Sigma DR1STCE.... please help me... i´ll play some rock and pop...

Mandolin Wind

Hi, can anyone dig up the tab this rod stewart song for me? Preferably from the unplugged concert.
Thank-you

Re: Mandolin Wind

: Hi, can anyone dig up the tab this rod stewart song for me? Preferably from the unplugged concert.
: Thank-you

try www.etabs.org/tab/rod_stewart/mandolin_wind
also try to replace the A and E chords with, A 55670X or 5567XX and (B 7789XX)they are easer to slide back and forth.

http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/rod_stewart/mandolin_wind

Harmony H75

Wanted!!!!!!
1960s Harmony H75
Cash waiting!!!!

Re: Harmony H75

: Wanted!!!!!!
: 1960s Harmony H75
: Cash waiting!!!!

I have a beautiful H75 $650. #2797
Email and i'll send pics
randy

Re: Harmony H75

: I have a body and matching neck for a h75, both are finished in clear, also have the bridge, and pickup rings if you are interested

Floyd Rose locking nut system

I have a Ibanez RG320 model. Its my first Ibanez-love the guitar but pain in the ass tuning. Need to know how to adjust tuning after Ive locked the strings down. Also, trying to find tabs to an old April Wine song from the 70s called "roller" or "shes a roller" Killer triple guitar-have all the rhythm but really want the triple lead! Thanx.

Re: Floyd Rose locking nut system

On the rear of the floyd there are some thumb screws that stick up on top...not the screws that lock the strings to the bridge. Turn them clockwise to raise the pitch of the string and counter clockwise to lower it.

Tabs-April Wine

Looking for tabs for an old April Wine song from the 70s called "Roller" or "Shes a Roller". No luck. Killer triple guitar!! I have all the rhythm but need tab or if someone can tell me what scale the triple is -at least I could figure it out from there. Thanx

Send the rythm to me roller ias aweomse

: Looking for tabs for an old April Wine song from the 70s called "Roller" or "Shes a Roller". No luck. Killer triple guitar!! I have all the rhythm but need tab or if someone can tell me what scale the triple is -at least I could figure it out from there. Thanx

Re: Tabs-April Wine

Anybody know where I can get tabs for "I like to rock"? Searched everywhere. Oowantonite is the only consistant song on each tab page

can someone do something about these stupid pop-ups

Jesus Christ! You can't do anything on this site without a friggin pop-up. Enough is enough. If we don't look at it the first time what makes a person think we might look at it the 50th time?

Re: can someone do something about these stupid pop-ups

what they said, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: can someone do something about these stupid pop-ups

: Jesus Christ! You can't do anything on this site without a friggin pop-up. Enough is enough. If we don't look at it the first time what makes a person think we might look at it the 50th time?

Go to www.ultimatepopupkiller.com totaly free program.

i need help identifying the model of my kay guitar.

it has an arch top with a glue on neck it was made in chicago... has a herrigbone style binding and a trapeze tail piece... it's thought to be made late 50's early 60's.. if u can help please let me know by email..thanks

Re: i need help identifying the model of my kay guitar.

That's a tough call. Kay made a TON of guitars. Dating them and naming them is nearly impossible. Most folks don't really even try anymore. It's one of those guitars that's meant to be enjoyed or ridiculed depending on how much you like it. Labeling it will only make it mad.

ME 10 PATCH SETTINGS

I NEED SOME HELP I HAVE A FENDER 90 STRAT AND A ME 10 EFFECTS UNIT AND MARSHALL 800LEAD SERIES WITH A FENDR QUAD BOX I`M TRYING TO GET SOME DAVE GILMOUR SOUNDS OUT OF THIS COMBINATION IS THERE ANY ONE THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME PATCH SETTINGS OR HINTS

MUCH APPRECIATED

Effect Pedals

I'm looking at several effects pedals for my guitar. Should I get something like the DigiTech 200
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Ibanez/PUE5-01.html
or something older like this Ibanez
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22669&item=930533264&rd=1

I'd like to get one with a built in wah wah.

what other things will i need? will i just need another chord? Guitar>chord>pedal>chord>Amp

any help would be needed?

thanks...

Re: Effect Pedals

youv'e got the signal chain right. you will need another cord. i prefer analog effects, myself.
keep on rockin'.

Re: Effect Pedals

wow! i didn't even know there was such a word like "signal chain" I feel so smart. thanx.

: youv'e got the signal chain right. you will need another cord. i prefer analog effects, myself.
: keep on rockin'.

searching for the make of a guitar...

Has anyone seen the new Shania Twain video I'm Gonna Getcha Good??..Her guitarist has a guitar I've been wanting for a while.I first saw the guitar in the movie American History X..And I have no idea who makes it..Can anyone please help me out??!! Thanks!

Re: searching for the make of a guitar...

Forget it, they're prototypes. Both of them, the one with the sustain bow
and the one with the steel tube frame (look-through hole between the pickups).
They've been around for, well, five years, so since Am.HistoryX is no bad guess.
Never been released, for all I know. I'm gonna e-mail guitarist Brent Barcus and ask him.

Re: searching for the make of a guitar...

thanks anyway....i found out who the make is..roland g-707...seemns theyre pretty pricy despite the fact they have been discontinued since 86'...

pedaliera Ax1000G KORG

Cerco disperatamente un manuale in italiano

Gibson Double Neck

I NEED HELP VALUING THIS GUITAR - IT IS A 1975 LTD EDITION OF 100 - BELONGED TO ANDY LATIMER OF CAMEL THO I HAVE NO PROVENANCE
CAN ANYONE HELP

Need help with amp.

I recently bought a guitar with an amp for pretty cheap, the guy just wanted to get rid of it, I have a problem though, The amp doesn't work. I plug it in and there's a humming noise from the amp itself i think, but whenever i try to play something no sound comes out. Any one got any ideas and possible fixes for it? Thanks.

Re: Need help with amp.

To a tech you must take it. Make haste.

i need a roland g707

i need a roland g707 or a parker p44 or nitefly stat

Re: i need a roland g707

: i need a roland g707 or a parker p44 or nitefly stat

I HAVE A ROLAND G707 IN ORIGINAL CASES FOR SALE. MAKE ME AN OFFER. THEY ARE VERY RARE PARTICULARLY IN THIS CONDITION.
COLIN

: : i need a roland g707 or a parker p44 or nitefly stat

: I HAVE A ROLAND G707 IN ORIGINAL CASES FOR SALE. MAKE ME AN OFFER. THEY ARE VERY RARE PARTICULARLY IN THIS CONDITION.
: COLIN

hey what color is it and how much are you looking at?

: : i need a roland g707 or a parker p44 or nitefly stat

: I HAVE A ROLAND G707 IN ORIGINAL CASES FOR SALE. MAKE ME AN OFFER. THEY ARE VERY RARE PARTICULARLY IN THIS CONDITION.
: COLIN

How much?

Custom Pick Guard for Gibson SGs, Metal Finish

I recently made a custom Pick Guard for my Gibson Tony Iommy SG, it's made out of premium metal laminate with phenolic backing. The finish looks awesome in a black guitar!

If anyone is interested in purchasing these pick guards at a price lower than the stock plastic pick guards, email me at ricky@litrade.net. To see the finish please visit http://www.litrade.net/metal.jpg

These guards will come pre-drilled to be used with the same screws that your SG has. To the best of my knowledge it will fit the following SGs:

Les Paul/SG, Tony Iommy SG, '61 Re-Issue SG, Les Paul SG Special Historic Collection, Les Paul SG Standard Historic Collection

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.