Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

TAKA ac oustal

I don't know what I got or who makes this gutar.but it looks like a gibson j46?? any info would be greatly app.... I also like fiddles.

marshall 3203 head

anyone know where to get info on a Marshall 3203 head? I got one and would like to know when they were built ect.... thanks

Re: marshall 3203 head

: anyone know where to get info on a Marshall 3203 head? I got one and would like to know when they were built ect.... thanks

Are you interested in selling this head? Or maybe working out a trade. I have a Marshall 3310 head, 100w, that I would be willing to part with. (I don't need 100w) As far as info try www.drtube.com - go to the mini stacks.
Take care,
Dave

KAY HEADSTOCK LOGO

I own a 1962 kay swingmaster. I am looking for a headstock logo. Can anyone help me

Re: KAY HEADSTOCK LOGO

The Tradeing Musician in Seattle

http://www.tradingmusician.com/

Electric pickups

I need some information about how build guitar electric pickups.

Re: Electric pickups

: I need some information about how build guitar electric pickups.

Why do you want to build your own? This is fairly involved. There are a lot of books on the market, and that's the best place to start.
However, with so many good ones on the market, building your own pickups will likely cost you more than buying some readily available ones.

Later,
Bill

http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Cry for a Shadow - Kevin - silverbeatles@cox.net

I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks!
Erick

Re: Cry for a Shadow - Kevin - silverbeatles@cox.net

: I would like to thank Kevin on one of the most accurate tablatures I've ever seen. i know alot of people were looking for this tablature and now I have it. Good Luck with youre Beatles' book Kevin !!!!!!!!!

Liza

Can someone send me the tabs also? I love this song and can't quite figure John's rhythm chords
many thanks!

: : I would like to thank Kevin on one of the most accurate tablatures I've ever seen. i know alot of people were looking for this tablature and now I have it. Good Luck with youre Beatles' book Kevin !!!!!!!!!

: Liza

: I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks!
: Erick

can some one Email me the tabs love the song my address is

danielmacdonald@comcast.com

thanks so much.
Dan

: : I would like to thank my dear friend Kevin for the tabs and chords of Cry for a Shadow, a great success of the Beatles. He´d transcripted the song in a very easy way to play. Thanks!
: : Erick

: can some one Email me the tabs love the song my address is

: danielmacdonald@comcast.com

: thanks so much.
: Dan

Can someone send me the tab for Cry for a Shadow.

thanks,
Zaf

Could you please send me "Cry for a Shadow" too.

Thanks, Christal.

Cry for a shadow

Hello, My name is Antonio Hernández and Im writing from
México City.

I'm searching in the web the beatles tab of Cry for a shadow, so I can't to find it.

Well, I would to want if a someone get a tab could to send me...

Tanks so much

Hi im also writting from mexico city, i haven´t been able to find this tab on the web, I would appreciate if you would send it to me also
thanks

Tablatures PENNYWISE

Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE.

Re: Tabs PENNYWISE

: Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE.

I would have the tabs, midi or guitarpro of WIPEOUT by PENNYWISE

Re: Tablatures PENNYWISE ( wipeout

: Je voudrais les tablatures ou le midi ou le guitarpro de WIPEOUT de PENNYWISE.

merci

1967 mosrite combo 12 w/ hardshell case

What is this guitar worth ??

My Larivee' has a buzz

Hello All,

My Larrivee' model D03 has a string buzzz. I know about truss bar adjustment however when peering down the sound hole I don't find a nut to screw. My wife thinks I am nuts so I find myself with a screw loose trying to solve this buzzing. I guess I could stuff something under the saddle, but I ask of you good people if there is another answer. Thanks for any response. Chow chio. Noc

Online Tab Archive with QuickTime Movies

Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included.

The 3 areas of the site are:
1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons.
2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons.
3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar.

All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson.
Thanks for your time! jeff@live1on1guitarlessons.com

Guitar Processor

Which one is the best Guitar Processor

For the love of god by steve vaï....

What effects does he use ??
thanks

TRIAXIS NEEDED!!

please email me or my ICQ is

Ultrasound amps

has anybody out there bought an Ultrasound acoustic amp? I am looking for some feedback on the 50 watt DS2 in particular but any of them in general. I tried one at a loval store and it sounded great but not much volume.

WHAT SONG IS THIS

I was searching the other on winmx for Steve vai, and I found this song by Steve vai. It sounds awesome but it's unkown. I was wondering if anyone knows what song it is. The name of the file is:
Steve Vai - Guitar Instrumental Solo (unknown title but this is awesome!!!).mpg

If you know the song, or of any tabs for this song, please email it to me. Thanks

Re: WHAT SONG IS THIS

I need the name of this song , this song is really cool!

would be real cool if someone could mail me the name of the song or send me the tab or so. this song is really great :)

: I was searching the other on winmx for Steve vai, and I found this song by Steve vai. It sounds awesome but it's unkown. I was wondering if anyone knows what song it is. The name of the file is:
: Steve Vai - Guitar Instrumental Solo (unknown title but this is awesome!!!).mpg

: If you know the song, or of any tabs for this song, please email it to me. Thanks

that one's title is:
tender surrender

took alot time to find. but worths it.

yamaki (Joodie) YW40M

yamaki (Joodie) YW40M

This popular thread has been given its own page : yamaki (Joodie) YW40M

EVH strat

How canI tell if a 80"s black/yellow striped Charvel EVH guitar is original?

Do Gibsons suck or what?

Lately I've been hearing that Gibson is putting out some real bad quality instruments. Even at high prices, just trading on the good name to make money. I've been told you should buy a Heritage if you want to get a decent Gibson guitar. any comments?

Re: Do Gibsons suck or what?

All I know is, every Gibson I've worked on that has been made in the last 10 years or so, has needed a lot of fret work. I level them, and then have to "finish off" the ends of the frets.... it's like they just slap the frets in there and stick it into a shipping box. The nuts are way too high as well. When I was selling Phantom and Kent guitars back in the middle 80's, I was used to having to set up an instrument before I put it on the rack; these were $150-$300 Korean instruments, and it was no big deal. For that price range, you'd expect some hurried manufacturing practices. But Gibson prices have tripled in the past 12 years or so, and they're too damn lazy to use a fret file. In my opinion, some of the best Gibsons ever made, at least from a quality control standpoint, were ones made in Kalamazoo from about '79-'82. The quality is outstanding, and they're not old enough to be considered collector's items, so they can be bought at true "used" prices. The period from '61-'64 was even better, but the prices are through the roof.

I'm going to have to agree with the rescent decline in quality. I was at guitar center cecking out a few new gibsons, and the were suprisingly crappy. The paint was terrible orangepeeled and unpolished. The hardware was really pretty cheap looking and once again scratched up and unpolished. Not to mention it just didn't play right. There is no way to describe it but it just did not feel like a gibson.(i've played better bolton samicks) I don't know what the deal is but they need to shape up. There is no way in hell I would put down a grand plus on must of these pieces.

I collect guitars and I'd agree, but I've seen about 5 that are the exception to this rule but you really can't count them there all custom shop with about $2000 weth of up grades out of the shop. personelly I know a few guys that have turned down deals with gibson cause of the workmanship is so bad. Remember Kramer thats why G. Lynch went to E.S.P. and why slash is working with Guild for new stuff , he still plays thouse 72s all the time but nothing new!!

have to agree, the zakk wylde gibson kicks major ass but the other new ones suck in a big way i've just bought an ESP ec 1000 its the best guitar i've played on !!!

: I collect guitars and I'd agree, but I've seen about 5 that are the exception to this rule but you really can't count them there all custom shop with about $2000 weth of up grades out of the shop. personelly I know a few guys that have turned down deals with gibson cause of the workmanship is so bad. Remember Kramer thats why G. Lynch went to E.S.P. and why slash is working with Guild for new stuff , he still plays thouse 72s all the time but nothing new!!

i find that gibsons do suck and use the "gibson" name to charge the high price they do.. I myself play a PRS hollowbody and it is the most beautiful sounding guitar next to Trey Anastasio's custom hollowbody.
dont buy gibson they are overrated

I need help with a Jazz chord

D+7(#9) thanks

Re: I need help with a Jazz chord

5th fret but the b# is a C which makes it a D min7
I hope this is some theory students idea of a joke
I0I-I-I-I
I-I0I-I-I
I0I-I-I-I
I-I-I0I-I
I0I-I-I-I
I-I-I-I-I

Re: I need help with a Jazz chord

: 5th fret but the E# is a F which makes it a D min7
: I hope this is some theory students idea of a joke
: I0I-I-I-I
: I-I0I-I-I
: I-I-I0I-I
: I-I-I-I-I

good guitars?

i am new w/ guitars and i was tryin to see what guitars are the best...i have a hohner right now

Re: good guitars?

What type of music do you play? Do you own an acoustic, or an electric?

There are a lot of great guitars out there, and many "okay" guitars, but it really comes down to the
type of touch (string action, radius, etc.), and sound you like, and if they suit the music that you like to play. Best thing to do, is try as
many models as you can -- you'll start to notice things, particularly the things you don't like, and what the better
guitars have to offer.

Good Luck!
Bill

http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

question about Washburn and changing their strings

i broke my low e after picking up my old unused washburn and i realized that i have no idea how to restring this guy...... washburns use a different system, can anyonehelp meout?
jesse pl

please emailme

Re: question about Washburn and changing their strings

What model washburn ??? all the ones I have seen have had 'standard' type bridges.

: i broke my low e after picking up my old unused washburn and i realized that i have no idea how to restring this guy...... washburns use a different system, can anyonehelp meout?
: jesse pl

: please emailme

83 Stratocaster

OK - was looking for a Les Paul but came into this sweet deal on an 83 Strat with a mesa boogie Mk3. What is the history of the 83 - it seems pretty standard but the fellow claims that there were only 12000 made similar to this one. Heard of anything like that. Any distinguishing features to look for? Its not an elite or anything - looks like every other except the neck and fingerboard are one.

Re: 83 Stratocaster

The one thing I can think of about Strats made around '83 is that Fender tried to cut corners. They got rid of the football jack plate and put the output jack in place of the second tone pot. In addition, they used a tremolo that dropped in from the top, which didn't seem to work all that great. These don't have any routing in the back at all. The necks were usually 1-3/4" wide at the nut as well. There's nothing WRONG with one of these Strats; if it plays and sounds good, go for it, but just so you know, it's not a "normal" Strat. So far, they don't seem to be worth any less than other Strats of the era.

FOR SALE: Squire strat, park G10R and pandora 2

For sale:

red squire strat with whammy bar. Good condidtion, just never used as I prefer acoustic.
£80 ono

Hard case, big and rectangular so fit any electirc, excellent condition. £20ono

Park G10R, excellent condition, great practice amp, and goes loud.... £40ono

Pandora 2 synth box, has about 40 different settings, comes boxed with all instiructions. Has slight dent on surface, but works perfectly. £60 ono

Will sell all together for £190

Also some old learning books, mnainly around rock and rythem guitar, about 5 in total. £offers, will throw in with deal.

Photos avaiable via email, but not for a week or so.
Any more info just email me:
afro_27@yahoo.co.uk

Just need the money as stuff is rarely used, and I'm going travelling so need cash.

Ben Burnett

Takamine Question

Can anyone out there tell me if the Takamine EG 334C has a solid top or laminated. I know they know call it the EG 334SC, the "S" usually meaning solid top. But did they just change the name or is the old one laminated and the new one solid. THanks.

Re: Takamine Question

: Can anyone out there tell me if the Takamine EG 334C has a solid top or laminated. I know they know call it the EG 334SC, the "S" usually meaning solid top. But did they just change the name or is the old one laminated and the new one solid. THanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.