Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Framus 12 string

hi my name is kristalynn...and my boyfriend has a 12 string framus from the 1969-1970 and he is missing a piece to it i think its the bridge does anyone know where u can gets parts for that guitar???..please e-mail me.. kristina_singer@hotmail.com thanks

Chi. Area - Need Blues Drummer for 6/21 gig

My regular drummer can't make it that night, and I need someone who's knows "the songs". We do straight blues. Doesn't pay much, but it's a great place & you'll get a chance to meet a lot of new (good) musicians. We'll also be jamming for the third set, so bring your guitar player!

I'll be auditioning this comming Tuesday, 6/11/02 at the Gallery Cabaret, 2020 N. Oakley, 1blk N. of Armitage, just east of Western. Ask for Art. I'm the harp player with the house band.

Peace, Love, Dope, Sex, Flowers & all that other hippie shit,

Art

"Guitar Gods" interview series

Just dropping a reminder that we're doing the "Guitar Gods" interview series over at TinFoil Music Magazine (http://music.tinfoil.net). The introduction plus 2 interviews (Joel Wanasek & Michael Hedges [RIP]) have already run...interviews with Grammy winner Steve Stevens (of Billy Idol), Jennifer Batten, Francesco Fareri, Stevie Salas, Grant Young, The Great Kat, and others are soon to follow.

There will also be contests giving away free CDs and other merchandise.

If any of you know someone else we should interview, feel free to respond here or drop us a line directly. THANX!!!

--
DM McLean
TinFoil.Music

Re: "Guitar Gods" interview series

Don't forget the "other" greats. Like Satchriani, Vai, Petrucci, Johnson, Moorse, Beck, Van Halen.........

Sheraton II wiring

Help....my guitar is in pieces!!
I bought 2 SD humbuckers for my Sheraton. Traditionally, the stock pickups are pretty weak.
The Sheraton has no access panel on the back. (Not a good thing).
Anyway....I just need to know where to ground the green & bare wires. There is "shielding" on the existing guitar pickup wires. I think the shielding is grounded, but not really sure. Do you know?
Thanks......Dave

Guild

How about a year on a Guild. SER# AD521920??
Thanks~R~

Re: Guild

Looks like a 1997 DV52.

Takamine vs. the Standard Professional Models (i.e. Martin, Gibson)

Are professional model Takamine guitars (ie. their top-end models) used by many pros? How do they compared to a hand crafted Martin costing two or three times as much? Are they the best in their price range, but lacking in the tonal/harmonic subtleties of a professional Gibson or a Martin?

Thanks,
Jack

TOM SUCKS

CAN YOU ALL JUST GET OVER TOM DELOGNE OF BLINK 182,CAUSE HE FUCKEN SUCKS

Re: TOM SUCKS

blink 182 sux......

Tom who ??????

And I hope Slayer isn't a reference to the group cuz as everyone knows they totally suck too.

: CAN YOU ALL JUST GET OVER TOM DELOGNE OF BLINK 182,CAUSE HE FUCKEN SUCKS

Re: Tom who ??????

ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY. Tom Delogne is hot sexy and FRIGGIN RULES. So piss off.

tom

tom delogne does not suck hes kool

umm no!! tom is fucking awesome!! hes hilarious, hes a good guitarist, hes fuckin sexy, he amazing!! your just jealous cuz your not as good as him!

: And I hope Slayer isn't a reference to the group cuz as everyone knows they totally suck too.

:
: : CAN YOU ALL JUST GET OVER TOM DELOGNE OF BLINK 182,CAUSE HE FUCKEN SUCKS
yes. can u b any gayer? shut up. fag.

um...wut do u have against gay ppl?? if ur going to insult the lovers of blink...dont insult gay ppl while ur at it...cuz thats just stupid u gay homo...fyi tom is the hottest thing since hot chocolate!!! i mean like duh!!!!

he's still HOTT!!!!! so shut up qweeeer!!!!!

tom i love you

Tom:
i love you

I already hate blink enough (po in disguise, an excuse for self-hating preps to indulge themselves in what they think is punk), but what really angers me are the people who worship them for their "talent". None of them, except maybe Travis the drummer can play. Mark Hoppus is NOT a good bassist, even if he self taught himself. He's been playing bass self-taught for 15 YEARS, and hasn't gotten much better than he was after his first month of playing. I
m a self-taught bassist/guitarist (bass 7 months, guitar, four days ago) and I was told their songs were simple so I used it as a learner. In one day, the fifth day after I had started playing and had not had any lessons, learned 15 blink songs. Even Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit was harder, and it's like the first song ANYONE learns!
Tom pretty much writes ALL the basslines, since Mark uses the root note theory of copying and simplifying what the guitar does, and what the guitar does is already simple! I learned all the guitar's parts to the songs I learned on bass (I can't stand learning a song on one instrument without learning the other's parts), and I learned those guitar parts the same day I got my guitar! Simple, Simple ,SIMPLE Shit! Blink fucking sucks at playing.
I do think Blink 182 has some funny lyrics, but I do NOT believe that they can play (their fans worship them as the most amazing talented musicians ever). And they can't even play their own simple songs live without fucking up! They are not musicians, they are stand-up comedians. If you want to see comedy, save the $50 blink concert ticket and the however-many-hundred-dollars plane ticket to their venue and use that money to fly towatch Chris Rock. Now THAT is a funny man!

I think u r wrong about tom delonge and mark hoppus. The hardest thing to do is write a song and since there is only one guitarist youve got to make it sound full. Some of the best songs are the easiest to play and I think blink write the best songs. Ok mark hoppus isnt the best bassist and considering hes self taught its not bad. some of his bass lines are great and simple so dont diss blink for being easy

stupid chicken...i understand u finally...i totally hate slayer person...they should dispose of their manhood not u...your values are righteouse and worth reading...yay! for stupid chickens!!!!

well whoever wrote that is obviously realy really really really really cocky...i can be cocky...i learned to play the base in like 2 minutes and i also had to get myself circumsized cuz i was far too proud of my man hood!!!!!!! who do i sound like? some one we all no? ur right chicken boy/slayer whoever u are, you are stupid ur name fits u...well...idont relaly understand this website i just love tom so to all u tom haters out there...i hate u u stupid chickens!!! but i love tom!!! blink rocks!!!!!!!!!!penis breath...that is all i have to say to u

U SUCK

NO U SUCK

hehe!
from?

Re: TOM DOESNT SUCK

He comes up with the catchiest riffs in the music industry that to me is some pretty good talent

Re: FUCK YOU DUMBFUCKING POOP HEAD

i had a dream that tom and me had sex on the beach it was a wonderful night so you can all die you bitches!!!!!!!!tom is beautiful

Fuck You Asshole

err he so does not suck, ur jelous coz your probably fat and ugly dickhead

Re: does not

thts not kool tom is the hottest guy ever. hes totaly fine. if i had a chance i would mary him without a doubt. heck yeah i juss love his lip ring, his hair,damb hes all fine. the only reason your sayng tht is because ur jelous.

Re: does not

srry i am marrying tom first!!! haha!!!

Re: TOM SUCKS NOT

Face it!! Your all just jealous that he's famous and your not!!!!!
All you guys do is type shit about rock hard fans like Tom Delgne

TOM HORNE REALLY SUCKS. WHAT A DICK!!

F*** u!!

for ur efing info, tom delogne is my future husband. WE have been dating secretly behind his wife jennifers back for ages and we plan on getting married. And i whoever said they had that one dream about them and tom having sex on the beach, ha! ya rite, i have done that with him for real!!!!! bye, love u all!!

TOM DOES NOT SUCK!

If you think Tom sucks you suck!

tom ish hot

tom do not suck you guys suck tom is hot very hot

hey...tom's future wife again....WHAT IN THE BLOODY AGE DO U THINK U R DOING INSULTING MY EFING FIANCE". I KNO WWHAT HE IS LIKE IN BED AND HE IS GOOD!!! SO SCREW OFF U STUPID HOE CUS U R JUST JEOULOUS!!! U WISH THAT U HAD A FAMOUS BOYFRIEND!!!! EF U!!!

yuou fucking fagget, who ever made this site u jealous fuck , your just a wanna be, fucking dooshbag

Re: TOM doesnt sucks

look tom from blink182 does not suck on maybe he does to yall well not to me he rocks and he is hot!

tom sucks is shit and should be shot

tom sucks and should be shot

Tom is the hottest man alive

You know its true

are you serious...tom from blink 182 is the shittiest piece of shit in the ever present galaxy. Anything that that guy touches turns to the almight brown matter that funnels from my ass...four chords are neat...yeah if you balls tom deshit.

IT'S TOM DELONGE!! and he's the best!!

Are u stupid or somethin???.. tom's awesome... omg, u wished to b like him!!!... ¬¬ suck it, u know?! he's great! and plz at least spell d freakin name right!

HELP! Do you remember this guitar from the 80's??

HELP! Do you remember this guitar from the 80's??

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP! Do you remember this guitar from the 80's??

Kay Guitar

If anyone could help, I have a Kay guitar (K18-6615) but can't find any information on it. Could you point me in the right direction or help me in any way? Your help would be appreciated.

HOW?

Why do all you people have so much trouble with the guitar?!? There's 22 frets and six strings, get with the program!!!

Re: HOW?

I agree.. except for 22 frets, most mine have 24 and some acoustics 12-15... etc... etc... so get with the program too.

: Why do all you people have so much trouble with the guitar?!? There's 22 frets and six strings, get with the program!!!

haha

why don't both of you get the picture.....this isn't just a forum For electric guitars.....you Forgot Bass guitars......and they have 4,5,6,7,or 12 string bass guitars....haha.....gotcha
The Great Chimaera

This site fucking sucks !!!!

I see there has been loads of fun while i have been on tour with my "ABBA" tribute band, not !!, you are all boring pieces of crap !!!. kiss my fucking arse. Love Bob

Ha Ha The crap guy is back !!!!

Fucking idiot.

: I see there has been loads of fun while i have been on tour with my "ABBA" tribute band, not !!, you are all boring pieces of crap !!!. kiss my fucking arse. Love Bob

Old Framus

Old Framus

This popular thread has been given its own page : Old Framus

How old is this guitar and what is it worth?

Someone just gave me a Montana Model #M18-WN. Made in Korea by Kaman Music Corporation. Serail #804649. 6 string acoustic. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: How old is this guitar and what is it worth?

Around $50 I'd say.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.