Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

BBE - 482 Sonic Maximizers

Anyone have experience with this equipment? what do you think of this particular piece?

what Ibanez should I get?!?!

Right now I currently have a Squier bullet and I have had it for little more than a year. I am currently looking for a Ibanez with humbuckers and nice sound in the 400-600 dollar range.PLZ help

Re: what Ibanez should I get?!?!

: Right now I currently have a Squier bullet and I have had it for little more than a year. I am currently looking for a Ibanez with humbuckers and nice sound in the 400-600 dollar range.PLZ help

the rg470 may work for you

Re: what Ibanez should I get?!?!

I have a Jem for sale....See my add posted at www.jemsite.com, here's the link.
http://www.jemsite.insomnia-vhosting.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11961

I need help getting my music heard !!!

I need help getting my music heard !!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need help getting my music heard !!!

neck adjustment

hey there

Recently i experienced proplems when i bend my high E
string,from 12 fret to 17 fret-it completely chokes out
where should i adjust it. please help
it is a fender strat tex mex 1972 thanks.

Re: neck adjustment

: hey there

: Recently i experienced proplems when i bend my high E
: string,from 12 fret to 17 fret-it completely chokes out
: where should i adjust it. please help
: it is a fender strat tex mex 1972 thanks.

The problem is commonly caused by swelling of the wood at the heel, and the truss rod adjustment will often not help for this.
You may need to raise the bridge action, or have a professional luthier correct the probelm by filling the frets to fall away towards the body.
If you take it to a pro, he'll be able to explain all of this to you. You can also visit my web site at:

http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

for tips and explanations on neck set up and truss rod adjustments (go to the "guitar tips" section).

Good luck,
Bill

Buying my first guitar

I'm looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

Re: Buying my first guitar

: I'm looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

I'd go with the AXL AG-700. Good quality woods and construction. It's around $170.00 at: www.listenagainmusic.com so you'll have enough left for a case. The case is important because if an acoustic sits out, when the weather changes it absorbs humidity/dries out too rapidly and can crack.

: : I'm looking to buy a new acoustice guitar that will cost under $200. What is a good guitar to learn on in this price range?

One of teh best would be something like a Takamine Jasmine...look at some reviews

: I am buyin my first electric guitar and i dont know what size to get!

I want a Takamine Sante fe...

On the look out for Takamine Snate fe model guitar if anyone is selling please contact me at my email address markwjones@hotmail.com
cheers

Re: I want a Takamine Sante fe...

still looking? I have a great one for sale. Gordon 916-487-2017

sheet Music

Hello, I'm looking for the sheet music for the latin romantic song "sabor a Mi" if anyone has it or knows how I can obtain it please email me thanks, star**

Re: sheet Music

: Hello, I'm looking for the sheet music for the latin romantic song "sabor a Mi" if anyone has it or knows how I can obtain it please email me thanks, monique

Re: sheet Music

I belive that sheet music plus.com has it for about 3 or 5 $

what effects are suggested?

im in need of some new effects. im getting rid of my digitech rp-1, and am currently interested in single stomp boxes. i want a kick ass bluesy kinda sound, any ideas?

Re: what effects are suggested?

Have you seen Joe Satriani's live in S.F. DVD? He does an interview and and goes over his stuff. Distortion pedal into clean Marshalls, 3 delay pedal, Chorus pedal, wha and wammy pedal, and some other goofy hendrix thing.

Left Handed Fretless 5 String Bass

Left Handed Fretless 5 String Bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Left Handed Fretless 5 String Bass

New - AnMesa Recitifier Preamp Rack - Anyone?

Anyone have one in the studio and have feedback to share with regards to ease of use, effect of direct recording qaulity and overall effect upon studio speakers and such (heard this unit is hard on monitors)...\\TIA ...Jay

rtdesigns guitar ' hangar' hooks

Has anyone heard anything good about these hooks?
I was thinking about buying a few to hang my axes
on.

http://www.geocities.com/guitarhangers/rtdesigns_main.html

thanks,

dr eddie

HEA-330

I'll be very happy to find all informations about my acoustic-electric Hohner HEA-330 guitar.Please help me.

amp

i need a good but cheap amp

Re: amp

Get a Pod 2.0, then plug it into ANY or PA for great tone. Has built in effects and all. Great for recording too. Most professional guitarist use them at least some for recording. Even cheaper is the Johnson J Station. Not bad.

Blueshawk P 90 Pickup configuration

The original configuration of my Gibson Blues Hawk is two P-90's and a noise cancelling dummy coil without magnets in the middle wich is used in series when only one pick up is selected. The middle position of the pick up selector is just the two normal P-90's in series. Will I loose output in the one P-90 + dummy-coil positions if I connect them in parallel?

Fender Custom Shop '54 pick-ups without noise?

Any suppestion on nice humbucker in single copil format for a strat-neckposition?

DeArmond pickups

I am looking for DeArmond pickups for a 1967 Harmony guitar.

guitarist

what do you think of richie sambora??

Guitar with floyd goes out of tune!

ok, I wrote a long post and accidentally hit the "reset" button, so i'm gonna make this short. I have a BC Rich assassin with a floyd rose locking sysetm. It goes way out of tune even if i lightly tap the bridge or lightly bend notes. Ive ajusted a lot things on the guitar (trussrod, screws in back, bridge height...) but I cant find the source of my problem. Can someone please shed some light on my dilema? (I'd prefer that you email me at cironick@mac.com because i probably wont check back here) thanks.

Re: Guitar with floyd goes out of tune!

It may be that your strings are slipping throught the locking nut, or the post or edges on the trem are blunted and not sharp. The locking nut itself is not tight to the neck. Or it's Floyde Rose "liscenced" trem. Which is a cheap knock off and because the metal it's made of is lower quality, it just wont zero out EVERY time. If you can get hold of another Floyde to borrow, put it on your guitar and see if it does the same thing.

Old Dual Rctifier

Can anyone give me an estimate of what this dual rectifier is worth and exactly how old it is. It has the normal Diamond plate on the front but under it all the dual rectifiers i've seen have a Black Faceplate with chrome knobs and red power light. This one has a Chrome Face plate with Black knobs and a blue power light.

yamaha sg3000

anyone have an sg3000 they want to sell?

Re: yamaha sg3000

: anyone have an sg3000 they want to sell?

Yes I do - immaculate can send a pic - live in Belgium though

Re: yamaha sg3000

Try ebay $1400 Us smackers

Re: yamaha sg3000 for sale

Yes, I do... it is on eBay now... check her out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33049&item=3758759150&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thunderbird

Anyone know where I can get pick-ups for the T-Bird.
I got the axe with 2 shattered pick-ups.

Been searching for 6 months without success.

Thanks

Marshall JCM900 2100 (MKIII)

Hey guys~

Anyone played through this head? If so, could you tell me about it? The pros and cons?

Thanks guys,

Niki

Unknown

Hi, Im, Im A Stupid Moron And I Like Eating Dog Shit how are you?

gibson firebird celebrity model

does anybody know anything about this model year made who thay made them for or anything. thank you im thinking of geting one. scott

Re: gibson firebird celebrity model

: does anybody know anything about this model year made who thay made them for or anything. thank you im thinking of geting one. scott

I have one. I think they made them in 91-92 I have played 2 different examples.

BO DIDDLEY at BB King Blues Club And Grill, NYC

Hey, BO DIDDLEY Fans!

BO DIDDLEY is to replace an indisposed KoKo Taylor at the BB King Blues Club And Grill, 237 West 42nd St., New York, NY this coming Thursday (June 20th).

BB King is expected to perform on-stage with BO DIDDLEY during the evening's performance, which is due to begin at 11.00pm. All tickets for the KoKo Taylor/BB King show originally scheduled on this date will still be honored.

Further information and ticket details can be obtained by visiting the BB King Blues Club And Grill website at http://www.bbkingblues.com/

David Blakey, Webmaster
BO DIDDLEY-The Originator
http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/index.html
A Celebration of his unique contribution to Popular Music.

Local radio station interferance

I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero,
a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Re: Local radio station interferance

Check all the grounding/shielding first and try to isolate where thr RFI is 'entering'... there are alot of ways to fix the problem depending on the source, the simplist is identifying the source then using using caps to shunt the RFI to ground, using balanced cables, a TI box... etc.

: I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero,
: a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Re: Local radio station interferance

How do you know where to "locate" the RFI problem? I too plug into my amp and - BAM! Radio noise!! How do you locate where RFI is "entering"? What does this mean: "using caps to shunt the RFI to ground"? Please HELP!!!!! Please send a C.C. to brad.jacob@ssmb.com

Thanks
: Check all the grounding/shielding first and try to isolate where thr RFI is 'entering'... there are alot of ways to fix the problem depending on the source, the simplist is identifying the source then using using caps to shunt the RFI to ground, using balanced cables, a TI box... etc.

:
: : I plug my amplifier into a Furman power conditioner which is plugged into my wall socket. I use a planet waves 20ft. cable to plug my guitar into my amp. When I turn down the guitar pickup volume controlls to zero,
: : a local radio station comes through my amp. What can I do to stop this station from coming through my amp?

Amp Head Wattage? Is 90 watt's enough?

Hey,
I have differant opinions alot of people say that amps under and around 100 watt's just arn't loud enough. I have just a 100 watt combo amp with one 12" speaker and another 12" cab. I think that's plenty loud I just am not happy with the tone so I am looking for a nice half stack. I know alt of amps with high wattage won't really give you tone inless you crank it. I am thinking that the low wattage might help with keeping the tone at lower volume(it's a solid state head). Anyways any and all opinions would help.. Thanx!!!!

Re: Amp Head Wattage? Is 90 watt's enough?

Some ideas for lower wattage amps with good tone (and reasonable prices):
-Fender PJ
-Carr slant6v
-DR Z
-Traynor YGM-3

: Hey,
: I have differant opinions alot of people say that amps under and around 100 watt's just arn't loud enough. I have just a 100 watt combo amp with one 12" speaker and another 12" cab. I think that's plenty loud I just am not happy with the tone so I am looking for a nice half stack. I know alt of amps with high wattage won't really give you tone inless you crank it. I am thinking that the low wattage might help with keeping the tone at lower volume(it's a solid state head). Anyways any and all opinions would help.. Thanx!!!!

Try a Vox Valvetronix

I sold my Carvin 100watt tube Vai Legacy, which had to be cranked, to buy a Vox Valvetronix. I LOVE the Vox. It has a switch on the back that switches the 2x12 combo from 1 watt, 15 watt, 30 watt, and 60 watts, all true stereo. And there ARE tubes in the power amp section, as well as all the "nice" effects you could want. And BUILT IN stomp boxes. And it cranks. It will also power a 4x12 8ohm cab, or even 2. Definatly check them out.

Re: Try a Vox Valvetronix

I have also added a Valvetronix to my amps , I love it very responsive. By teh way , do you have son of you favorites user settings or do you know of a group that is exchanging setting sfor the Valvetronix?
: I sold my Carvin 100watt tube Vai Legacy, which had to be cranked, to buy a Vox Valvetronix. I LOVE the Vox. It has a switch on the back that switches the 2x12 combo from 1 watt, 15 watt, 30 watt, and 60 watts, all true stereo. And there ARE tubes in the power amp section, as well as all the "nice" effects you could want. And BUILT IN stomp boxes. And it cranks. It will also power a 4x12 8ohm cab, or even 2. Definatly check them out.

Re: Try a Vox Valvetronix

I concur. I just got myself the 1x12 Valvetronix, and it rocks. It probably the most versatile amp I've ever played on, and the tones are incredible. To say this is just an amp is a gross understatement. It is so much more!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.