Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

how to use the boss me-6d

I bought this pedal at a pawn shop and it didnt come with a how to use manual and i still cant figure it out...

for sale

Got a Shecter 7 string diamond series for sale. Has full scallops, seymoure duncan invader and di marzio paf pro v pickups. VERY hot guitar!!

Por Amor tabs or chords

I need tabs or chords for the song "Por Amor." I know there are a few different ones, but i don't know the artist. Here are some of the lyrics to help you out: "Por amore se han creado los hombres en la faz de la tierra. Por amor hay quien haya querido regular una estrella. Por amor, fui una vez al calbario con una cruz acuestas, aquel que tambien por amor entrego el alma entera."

Necesito las etiquetas o los acordes para la canción "Por Amor." Sé hay unos pocos diferentees, pero yo no sé al artista. Aquí están algunos de los líricos para ayudarlo fuera: "Por amore se han creado los hombres en la faz de la tierra. Por amor hay quien haya querido regular una estrella. Por amor, fui una vez al calbario con una cruz acuestas, aquel que tambien por amor entrego el alma entera."

THANKS A BUNCH!! - - ¡AGRADEZA UN RAMO!

Re: Por Amor tabs or chords

: I need tabs or chords for the song "Por Amor." I know there are a few different ones, but i don't know the artist. Here are some of the lyrics to help you out: "Por amor se han creado los hombres en la faz de la tierra. Por amor hay quien haya querido regular una estrella. Por amor, fui una vez al calbario con una cruz acuestas, aquel que tambien por amor entrego el alma entera."

: Necesito las etiquetas o los acordes para la canción "Por Amor." Sé hay unos pocos diferentees, pero yo no sé al artista. Aquí están algunos de los líricos para ayudarlo fuera: "Por amor se han creado los hombres en la faz de la tierra. Por amor hay quien haya querido regular una estrella. Por amor, fui una vez al calbario con una cruz acuestas, aquel que tambien por amor entrego el alma entera."

: THANKS A BUNCH!! - - ¡AGRADEZA UN RAMO!

Re: Por Amor tabs or chords

: The original artist to perform "Por Amor" was Nini Cafaro. The song was composed by the Dominican Rafael Solano for the "annual festival de la voz" This song was recently re-recorded by Gloria Estefan.

Good luck.

Juan

pentatonic scales

can the pentatonic minor scale pattern be played at any position on the neck?
How does it combine with the chords your playing?

Re: pentatonic scales

Yup, an example is the caged pattern with the root on the 6th string, this pattern is 'movable', just match the root note to the key (or chord) you are in and use the pattern at that position. The easiest way to hear the relationship to chords is to play an F, G, or A barre chord and then play the pattern after the chord, this is 'easy' with these chords because your hand is already in position to play the scale, and then after awhile just learn the 'formulas' for the scales which for the pen-minor is 1-b3-4-5-b7, so if you are in C the notes are just C-Eb-F-G-Bb-C and then you can just play it anywhere on the neck you want, and after you learn all your scales and modes and theory stuff then just play what sounds good to you at the time.

: can the pentatonic minor scale pattern be played at any position on the neck?
: How does it combine with the chords your playing?

Re: pentatonic scales

There are 5 pent scale patterns. Same scales, different positions on the neck for each key. I would suggest you memorize the 5 patterns, then apply them to each key. E, F, G etc. You will probably favor 2 or 3 patterns when playing in a given key, but you should know all 5.

I'm sure you can find the 5 patterns on the net, or buy a scale book at your local store.

have fun!

English Lesson

"probably"
Practice what ya preach lamer !!!!

: There are 5 pent scale patterns. Same scales, different positions on the neck for each key. I would suggest you memorize the 5 patterns, then apply them to each key. E, F, G etc. You will probably favor 2 or 3 patterns when playing in a given key, but you should know all 5.

: I'm sure you can find the 5 patterns on the net, or buy a scale book at your local store.

: have fun!

picking hand position

i'm having difficulty developing picking speed. I tend to rest the palm/heal of my hand on the top string. When playing chromatic scales from low to high, I find that I need to reposition my hand so as to be able to reach the bottom strings. Not a problem when moving back up. Should I not be resting my hand on the upper strings? Is this a bad habit I've developed?

Thanks

Re: picking hand position

I usually rest my hand lightly on the low string side of the bridge, only touching the strings when muting.

Re: picking hand position

I find I do the same, resting on the top of the bridge, just move your hand back more on the bridge, you'll get better muting control too, and if it's a trem you can get produce some nice subtle trem while picking, when picking further up the neck I find I anchor my pinky below the high e or against the neck or pickup (depending on the guitar) picking fast and it makes tapping and pinching easier too, for me at least.

: I usually rest my hand lightly on the low string side of the bridge, only touching the strings when muting.

Lefty!!!!

I'am just learning to play the Guitar, and I play left handed. I can't seem to find any study meterial
besides a cord chart. Can anyone suggest where I can
get my hands on other left hand study guides.

Robert.

Re: Lefty!!!!

The world is just not designed for lefties, I guess that is why it is a recessive trait.

I might not spell so good, but I do remember.....

Basic high school genetics, and being lefthanded is not a recessive trait, stick to spellchecking.

: The world is just not designed for lefties, I guess that is why it is a recessive trait.

Re: I might not spell so good, but I do remember.....

No actually Left handness is a recessive trait. In what I have heard. Whic isn't bad. Some say its not exactly genetic. Who knows, bu ti did hear its recessive. It does run strongly in families.

Re: Lefty!!!!

Are you playing on a lefty guitar, or a righty upside down ? Either way any material should be suitable as finger positioning is the same just substitute left for right.

If you are playing a guitar set up for a right handed player lefty then you will have a problem finding material, although there are plenty of great players who have played that way, as you are just learning you should just reverse the strings and then you can use any material out there to learn.

: I'am just learning to play the Guitar, and I play left handed. I can't seem to find any study meterial
: besides a cord chart. Can anyone suggest where I can
: get my hands on other left hand study guides.

: Robert.

Kahler tremolo system

Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?

Re: Kahler tremolo system

: Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?
:Try John Hornby Skewes , failing that give up i,ve been trying for weeks now for parts for my Kahler Traditional system and are now in the process of having them made.
Kahlerinternational.com supply parts for newer systems.

: : Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?
: :Try John Hornby Skewes , failing that give up i,ve been trying for weeks now for parts for my Kahler Traditional system and are now in the process of having them made.
: Kahlerinternational.com supply parts for newer systems.

Hi, I am, also looking for Kahler Tremolo III System or the height adjustable lock nut system???

: : Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?
: : :Try John Hornby Skewes , failing that give up i,ve been trying for weeks now for parts for my Kahler Traditional system and are now in the process of having them made.
: : Kahlerinternational.com supply parts for newer systems.

: :Try John Hornby Skewes , failing that give up i,ve been trying for weeks now for parts for my Kahler Traditional system and are now in the process of having them made.
: Kahlerinternational.com supply parts for newer systems.
try Mikes music center in sterling n.j. , he doesnt have a website so you'll have to call 411 to get the number. Mike's got a whole bunch of old stuff still in the retail package. Good luck

: : : Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?
: : :Try John Hornby Skewes , failing that give up i,ve been trying for weeks now for parts for my
Kahler Traditional system and are now in the process of having them made.
: : Kahlerinternational.com supply parts for newer systems.
: try Mikes music center in sterling n.j. , he doesnt have a website so you'll have to call 411 to get the number. Mike's got a whole bunch of old stuff still in the retail package. Good luck

I got parts. www.axeparts.net

: Is there anybody out there, who knows where i can buy spare parts for my good old Kahler tremolo system?

i came across an artical in bassplayer online that says they still make kahler bass tremolos ive just sent them an email asking about them. the kahler website is www.kahlerinternational.com. also i found another bass tremolo made by hipshot for around $230.00

Hi n thanx! Been a year since i put up the question, and John Hornby Skewes, www.jhs.co.uk, solved my problem! Thanx ppl!

New guitar site

Hey, I just finished most of the work on a new site that specializes in Fender stuff. Could you tell me what you think? www.MyGuitarDealer.com
I need some feedback so that I can keep making it better.

La Patrie

Hi there,

My search for an A_E nylon string guitar has now taken me to La Patrie and Seagull. I just couldn't find a website or a catalogue for La Patrie. I know that they came from Lasido, but does anyone have any insight on how to get all of the La Patrie A-E models that's available.

Thank you,
Nguyen

Re: La Patrie

Hi:

Try: http://www.lasido.com/

: Hi there,

: My search for an A_E nylon string guitar has now taken me to La Patrie and Seagull. I just couldn't find a website or a catalogue for La Patrie. I know that they came from Lasido, but does anyone have any insight on how to get all of the La Patrie A-E models that's available.

: Thank you,
: Nguyen

Re: La Patrie

Hi Nguyen,
Here is their Website:
http://www.seagullguitars.com/index.htm

[]s
Marcelo Mig

: Hi there,

: My search for an A_E nylon string guitar has now taken me to La Patrie and Seagull. I just couldn't find a website or a catalogue for La Patrie. I know that they came from Lasido, but does anyone have any insight on how to get all of the La Patrie A-E models that's available.

: Thank you,
: Nguyen

Graham Colton tabs

Where can i find Graham Colton tabs? I love the band and I want to be able to play the songs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Re: Graham Colton tabs

: Where can i find Graham Colton tabs? I love the band and I want to be able to play the songs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I have found a few at tabs- www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/colton_graham_tabs.htm

: I have found more tabs at- http://www.tabheaven.com/tablature.php?aid=4992

: Where can i find Graham Colton tabs? I love the band and I want to be able to play the songs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

: : Where can i find Graham Colton tabs? I love the band and I want to be able to play the songs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

: : : Where can i find Graham Colton tabs? I love the band and I want to be able to play the songs. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

: : : :Please email me if you know where I can get any Graham Colton guitar tabs. Thanks alot

ba guitar backing tracks

Does anyone know of a site which has free backing trcks as mp3s? or where i can get a program that takes off the guitar and vocals on a normal mp3?

Re: ba guitar backing tracks

Checkout wholenote.com, there are jam tracks there and plugins.

: Does anyone know of a site which has free backing trcks as mp3s? or where i can get a program that takes off the guitar and vocals on a normal mp3?

Guitar backing tracks

Try <a href="http://www.guitarbackingtracks.info">http://www.guitarbackingtracks.info</A>.
It has over 300 guitar backing tracks and Blues Jams.

Re: guitar backing tracks

I found and website online that has guitar backing tracks and blus jam tracks.

http://www.guitarbackingtracks.info

: Does anyone know of a site which has free backing trcks as mp3s? or where i can get a program that takes off the guitar and vocals on a normal mp3?

Luke freaks wanted !!!

Does anyone know what kind of guitar belt Steve Lukather use? Thanx for your help.

Need Help On Tremolo Picking

I can't get the right way or sound when i try to tremolo pick, and right now im covering a song from staind called mudshovel and it has alot of tremolo picking in it... Any ideas would be good ...
thanxs

Re: Need Help On Tremolo Picking

My band used to play that song. Low e tuned to d and the harmonics are played on the low e string from 1st fret to 5th fret and back.

: I can't get the right way or sound when i try to tremolo pick, and right now im covering a song from staind called mudshovel and it has alot of tremolo picking in it... Any ideas would be good ...
: thanxs

: : I can't get the right way or sound when i try to tremolo pick, and right now im covering a song from staind called mudshovel and it has alot of tremolo picking in it... Any ideas would be good ...
: : thanxs

The tremolo picking technique is actually simple. It has to do with the way you hold your pick and using your entire arm rather than your wrist as you would in standard picking. Take your pick and turn your thumb so that the rest of you fingers all slightly graze the rest of the strings, only allowing the very tip of the pick or side of it to go below the string surface, so the pick glides over the string, use your arm, not just your wrist for movement. Practice on the low E until you get comfortable. This is an electric guitar technique, played on the acoustic, the sound will be alot lower using this style of picking. So, basically, don't pick the way you are now...change everything for tremolo, it's easy to readjust your pick by moving your thumb and just using your wrist. Good luck and keep picking.

Tremolo Picking

What exactly is tremolo picking? I've played acoustic guitar for a couple of years & im getting into some electric now but i havnt been able to figure out exactly how to tremolo pick.

http://www.cyberfret.com/techniques/tremolo-picking/index.php

hold the pick at an angle downwards and move your entire forearm instead of the wrist.

: I need some help i dont know how to tremolo pick. can u tell me a website where it well tell me how r can u write back telling me how. I need anyhelp u can give me, thanxs

Man, thats the basics of the basics. but listen, to tremolo pick you have to rest your thumb must be touching the string above it, DO NOT use your wrist when you pluck, tremolo is all about picking the strings without using much amount of force so fast picking can be done with ease and less stress from the arm. and use your thumb to pick the string, make sure the pick is no more then a millimeter below the string.
Take it easy and good luck man.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.