Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

GIANNINI GUITARS KICKS OFF RETURN TO US MARKET

GIANNINI GUITARS KICKS OFF RETURN TO US MARKET

João Bosco and Gonzalo Rubalcaba turned in a historical, stellar performance at the TAM Theater in Miami on June 29th, entertaining the sold out event with their unique combination of the best of Brazilian and Cuban music. The show started with Gonzalo Rubalcaba, renowned Cuban pianist and multi Grammy winner, playing several solo pieces. João Bosco then entertained the audience with numerous solos, before being joined by the remainder of his quartet. For the final hour plus of the event, Rubalcaba and João Bosco’s quartet turned the evening into a crowd pleasing Brazilian/Cuban jazz fest with impressive individual performances.

Bosco, who endorses Brazil’s Giannini guitars and strings, has become known worldwide as one of the most inspiring and original Brazilian artists. A virtuoso guitarist and outstanding composer, he has worked with most of Brazil’s top musicians as well as several international stars including Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour, John Patitucci, and Michael Brecker. João Bosco’s quartet initiated the tour in Miami, which also includes shows in San Francisco, the Montreal Jazz Festival, and a European tour culminating with the Montreux Jazz Festival.

The Miami concert marked the return of Giannini Guitars to the US market after nearly a decade-long absence. At the end of the event, João Bosco presented a lucky attendee and die heart fan with an autographed Giannini Classical Guitar. ETROS Music will begin distributing Giannini Guitars in the US in July. Giannini Guitars are “Crafted with a Brazilian Soul” and the line includes a wide variety of acoustic and acoustic electric models, from student guitars to all solid handcrafted instruments, including the unique Craviola® widely popular in the ’70’s & 80’s. For more information on Giannini Guitars, contact ETROS Music at (954) 746-2777 or info@etrosmusic.com.

How's my Framus?

How's my Framus?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How's my Framus?

g-string problems

it seems that many people i know have problems with the intonation of the g-string and the g-string alone on electric guitars, it just always seems to be wrong.... any advice?

Re: g-string problems

another problem aired, another problem solved, check this out my friend, this will definatly solve all your problems..
http://www.buzzfeiten.com/
lee (another satisfied customer i feel)

Bought a Marshall

Marshall JMP50 and cabinet off some old dude for 300 bucks Canadian. Its from 1978 but the guy said he stopped playing about 15 years ago and its pretty much been just sittin there. Its in pretty much mint condition, he bought it new he said, used to be in some kinda country band. anyway, not a lot of featured but i dont really care, for that price...it'll get me by.

Re: Bought a Marshall

Great amp, not the best choice, but very good amp.
well done, the only problem you may have is with the output valves, bu they are not too expensive to replace.
Lee

Ibanez RG370DX

brand new, click link for info

Re: Ibanez RG370DX

wonderful

Vantage for sale

I have a Vantage 718DT-1 serial #106486 for sale. I got it in '91, I'm the only owner it's ever know. This guitar has been modified to have tone control on the bridge pickups, which are Humbuckers that can be switched on and off. The other two pickups are single coil. Still the original flawless paint job which is colored black with a bronze design on it. Any specs anyone can tell me about would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Vantage for sale

IM interested, send me soem pictures with the price, korvetluvr@yahoo.com , thanks, trevor

: I have a Vantage 718DT-1 serial #106486 for sale. I got it in '91, I'm the only owner it's ever know. This guitar has been modified to have tone control on the bridge pickups, which are Humbuckers that can be switched on and off. The other two pickups are single coil. Still the original flawless paint job which is colored black with a bronze design on it. Any specs anyone can tell me about would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Question about Pick up Covers

I have a Epiphone SG an i want to replace the pickups with some EMGs..my question is..can i put the pick up coverers on over the EMGs? and will it make a difference in sound? because i notice alot of guitarists keep the EMG pickups uncovered...but i think it'll take away from the look of the SG.

and also, what about Seymour Duncans...can you cover those without altering the sound?

Re: Question about Pick up Covers

if you take a standard gibson humbucking pickup like a 490r (SG standard pickup) and take the covers off it makes no difference to the sound, some people say it does, i cant hear a difference, dont know about the EMG's are they active?? maybe that makes a difference, whats wrong with the SG pickups? that guitar is one of the best rocking guitars of all time.
Lee

Re: Question about Pick up Covers

Never took the covers off any of my EMG's but i took them off of my buddies explorer because he wanted to "fool" people into thinking it was stock and it took away from the sound a bit because it didnt cover as big a range as it was made too, in the end he lost a little top and and got rattly clean end. Trevor

: if you take a standard gibson humbucking pickup like a 490r (SG standard pickup) and take the covers off it makes no difference to the sound, some people say it does, i cant hear a difference, dont know about the EMG's are they active?? maybe that makes a difference, whats wrong with the SG pickups? that guitar is one of the best rocking guitars of all time.
: Lee

FRANCISCO NAVARO CLASSICAL GUITAR

i have had a francisco navarro grand concierto (top solid spruce, back and sides: brazilian rosewood) classical for over a year now, and im still inlove with it, i wanna know if someone who has seen or own a francisco navarro's guitar share my same opinion

Dobro Hound Dog Resonator

Has anyone else played the Dobro Hound Dog out there? That's a sweet guitar isn't it? A friend of mine bought once a couple weeks ago, I love it. Im seriously conciderring buying one, they sound and play great! If you havent heard about them or heard them, this is a definate must to check out.

Guitar Gear News rss feeds

http://guitargearnews.blogspot.com/

timely news of guitar and related equip releases.
includes rss feeds

jap fender p-bass

hi all - i'm in posession of a japanese fender p-bass. it's black with a black scratch plate. the only identifying mark is a serial number on the headstock (1008153). the neck plate just says fender. i cannot find any reference to this on any site. the only thing that comes close is guitar.about.com which suggests this could be a PB62-70US model. does this mean it's a re-issue? please help me, i love this guitar and desperately need to get it insured as i'm gigging loads at the moment and don't want to be able to replace it with something similar if (hope this never happens) i loose it...

cheers

justin

Good Metal Amp

I need an amp that will give me a nice smooth distortion for the new (not NU!) metal band i am in which i play rhythm in, any recommendations

Re: Good Metal Amp

Well metal players usually choose one of 4 amps, The mesa boogie triple rectifier with solo head, or the double rectifier with solo head, or the marshal MF350 or marshal's 2203X, i dont have enough money for any of those but id personally go for the mesa triple rectifier but thats because im a metallica fan, thanks much, Trevor

: I need an amp that will give me a nice smooth distortion for the new (not NU!) metal band i am in which i play rhythm in, any recommendations

Re: Good Metal Amp

dont listen to that metallica fan fool a head an cab are v.expensive.
buy a line6 spider amp(or the line 6 spider amp mark 2 is out now) these are modelling amps which give you a range or tone, the distortion on the spider amp(insane) is 2nd to none the amp will cost round £200(50w) - £299(100w) these our the prices for the mark1 not mark 2. if you already have an amp buy a boss metal zone pedal.
hope this helps

Wanted**** Washburn WP-80

I am looking for a washburn wp-80 I plan to refinish it
so paint condition can be poor as long as there are no serious wood damage. plese send pics and how much you are asking to rlee@rleegroup.com
I will be active on this forum so if you have recording
mastering or the such please ask I will try and help.
htpp//:rleegroup.com

Re: Wanted**** Washburn WP-80

I have a wp-80 !!!

What do you want to know about this guitar ?

Passac EC-1 Acoustic Equalizer/Preamp

I have a Passac EC-1 preamp. Works great, need to set it up for a National Steel Body. Lost the instructions.
Where can I get a copy of the instructions, or can anyone help me. It is an old peice of gear, purchased 13 years ago. It has 4 micro switches inside as well as resonance and balence controls on the outside.
Please help....send email to itsjustjoel1@hotmail.com Please Help Thanks Joel

Höfner jazzguitar 3/4

Help! Help! I need some information.
I inherited an obviously old small (3/4?) thin acoustic blond Höfner jazzguitar with F-keyholes. On the back of the headstock I can make out 'oU 863'. 14 frets till the cutaway body, no dots on the frets but white plastic(?) stripes. double ones on the 3d, 5th and 7th fret, after that single stripes on the 9th, 12th and 15th. Arched back. Höfner (with Umlaut)is written on the vertical wooden shield on the headstock and on the see-through plastic(?) guard. F-holes and front and bick with white binding. No truss rod. Simple, trapeziumformed tailpiece. No visible signs that there ever was a pickup installed.
On the headstock is the name of a Dutch musicshop, that closed its doors over 20 years ago. Shopkeeper dead.
Does this ring a bell?!?!?! Please help me identify this charming isntrument!

Imported guitars

Imported guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Imported guitars

unknown type of guitar

can anyone help me identify my guitar? it has an AA on the headstock, an ebony thru-neck, maple body. It has no ther identifying marks. It was built in about 1982 an I purchased it brand new in the UK. the music store that i bought it from said it was an odyssey, but I have never seen another like it. If antone has any ides that I can research please let me know.

Re: unknown type of guitar

I can hep you but i need to see pictures of it before i can help identify it, send them to me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com

: can anyone help me identify my guitar? it has an AA on the headstock, an ebony thru-neck, maple body. It has no ther identifying marks. It was built in about 1982 an I purchased it brand new in the UK. the music store that i bought it from said it was an odyssey, but I have never seen another like it. If antone has any ides that I can research please let me know.

First prize guitar from Winfield @25years ago for sale

My husband had purchased this beautiful flat top 25 years ago and has prized it as a collector item. It has not been played much, unfortunately, but it is in fabulous condition with lovely plush hard shell case. If the price were right, I'd let it go, even though it is better than the other guitars I now have. Contact me if seriously interested only. Thanks. and be sure to register and vote!

Looking for Gretsch BST 1000 or 2000 or any model

hi im Looking for a Gretsch BST 1000 or 2000 or any model. if u have please respond to me at coolebayguy@hotmail.com for pics and price. thankyou

RP-10 Digitech

`Quero PAtchs para a minha pedaleira RP-10

amer. made fender strat

i need to know how much my american made fender strat is worth. all black, no pick guard, looks like '80s model, very interesting pickups and fine tuners. thanks, M. W.

Looking For Long Lost Friend

I am trying to find a guitar player that I knew several years ago. His name is Tom Mince. He is probably about 30 now, and lived in Missouri the last time I saw him. His mothers name is Jeanie and I was her roommate for a while. He and I were very close freinds, but lost touch after I moved out of state. I miss him terribly. If you are him, or know him, please send a response to deidrekay72@msn.com

Partial Capo chord chart?

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a chord chart for a partial capo?
Thanks Paul

Neeed schematics for my Satarstream X!!

Would any one help me find schematics for my guitar? I will appreciate it. Thanmks.

Tanglewood Europa - origins please

Just bought a s/h Tanglewood Europa, and its FANTASTIC.Easy action, great sound, second to none build quality. But don't know anything about it. Solid electric, maple neck, clear glaze burnt wood finish, gold everything, no scratch plate. 2 humbuckers (tunable pots) and single centre p/u. I'd like to know a bit of history, like when were these made, what did they retail for, what market was it aimed at. Great for metal no doubt but sound's so sweet it outperforms my Strat on Shadows stuff. Anyone help please.

any info?

Hi, did you ever get any info on the tanglewood? It was my first electric, bought it back around 96/97. I have a white one. Still going. I contacted tanglewood but they had nothing on it.

wiring diagram

wiring diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : wiring diagram

Squier Stratocaster

theres a Squier Affinity Stratocaster at a near by used crap store but its a weirdo color...its like not quite white...not quite yellow...and the headstock is smaller..more like a fender headstock....anyone know anything about them?

Re: Squier Stratocaster

you only need to look at the country it was made in, US - Mostly excellent
Mex- OK
Japan - All Excellent
China - All Rubbish
India - See China.

go

hello

KR Musical-New Hendrix type pedals

Has anyone tried out or heard any of these pedals by KR Musical Products like the"Megavibe"(69'univox Uni-vibe type pedal),"tremolo"(Tremface remake),"Doubler"(tychobrahe Octavia clone),Fuzz Child(Fuzzface si clone),& "Gypsy Fuzz"(band of gypies type fuzz tone)& how to order them? I've heard that they sound very authentic-like the records!

Tokai V Gibson

Tokai V Gibson

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tokai V Gibson

Fender Strat Ultra

Can I get a valuation on my guitar?
It is a 1991 Flame Top Fender Strat Ultra.

Fender Strat Ultra

Can I get a valuation on my guitar?
It is a 1991 Flame Top Fender Strat Ultra.

WHERES THE ESP'S AT???

cmon somebody at least humour me, i need some ESP questions in here, its my proffession to actually know about them and my god someone has to have questions on them or at LEAST have an LTD by ESP. Trevor

WHERES THE ESP'S AT???

cmon somebody at least humour me, i need some ESP questions in here, its my proffession to actually know about them and my god someone has to have questions on them or at LEAST have an LTD by ESP. Trevor

TO:" Old Surfer Dude"/Ventures Mosrite

" Old Surfer Dude"/Ventures Mosrite

This popular thread has been given its own page : TO:" Old Surfer Dude"/Ventures Mosrite

Aluminum guitars

I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????
Email me at Callseason@aol.com. Thanks!!!!

Re: Aluminum guitars

: I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????
: Email me at Callseason@aol.com. Thanks!!!!I meant to say that the necks are fretless. Sorry 'bout that!

Re: Aluminum guitars

: : I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????
: : Email me at Callseason@aol.com. Thanks!!!!I meant to say that the necks are fretless. Sorry 'bout that!
they have no serial numbers because some one made them theirself. and they have no frets cause they were most likley jazz guitars and they have no frets

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.