Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – July, 2004

Viewing 234 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have an older model Series 10 with no serial number or model number it is a thin body electric acoustic with an electric neck and active electronics been looking for 3 months now the only comparison I can find is the Fender Acoustasonic!!! Need Help identifying what I got sure could use the info!!

Anonymous

I really need help im a begginer with guiter and i dont knwo how to change my srings for my 6 string acoustic guiter please help me anyone email me at [email protected] thank u

Anonymous

learn how to spell GUITAR dumbass

Anonymous

learn how to spell arse, arse

Anonymous

i want to get aproximatly the same sound as led zeppelin on my marshall jackhammer but i can’t find it anywhere and i’m a litte too newb with guitar sound and all if somebody can help me it will be real cool

Anonymous

The Jackhammer has too much gain to get the "Jimmy Page" sound.You might want to try a Boss SD-1 or OD-3 overdrive pedal.The sound you’re looking for is the cranked(or ripped)speaker thing.Link Wray(Rumble)Muddy Waters and Frank Zappa(I am the Slime)also used small overdriven amps for a wicked sound! Hope this helps

Anonymous

did you know he used a standard Telecaster for recording most of the first zep LP? single coil pickups!! what a killer sound, they of course had one of the best rock vocalists, one of the best bass players and THE BEST drummer ever to submit a squeeky bass pedal (since ive been loving you) incidently if you want a lesson in blues rock listen to that track, if that dont do it for you nothing will.

Anonymous

I agree… They pushed the limit on what they had. I once owned a music store and Jimmy Pages parents came in and bought everything Led had on my shelves… If someone played that music today, they would be called revolutionaries…… : did you know he used a standard Telecaster for recording most of the first zep LP? single coil pickups!! what a killer sound, they of course had one of the best rock vocalists, one of the best bass players and THE BEST drummer ever to submit a squeeky bass pedal (since ive been loving you) incidently if you want a lesson in blues rock listen to that track, if that dont do it for you nothing will.

Anonymous

I really wish I had a good answer but here is what I know. Jimmy used an old Harmony tube amp with a 6 inch speaker as a pre-amp. He then plugged it into a marshall amp and cranked up the reverb. The old Harmony amp acted like a distorstion pedal. You might want to do a search on a search engine and find pages that talk about how he got that sound. : i want to get aproximatly the same sound as led zeppelin on my marshall jackhammer but i can’t find it anywhere and i’m a litte too newb with guitar sound and all if somebody can help me it will be real cool

Anonymous

acabei de comprar uma me-6 usada e nao tenho manual se alquem tiver por favor me passe ([email protected])

Anonymous

Franciscan accoustic guitar model# 0-7

This popular thread has been given its own page : Franciscan accoustic guitar model# 0-7

Anonymous

I Wont to know some chords because now I pleying on my gitar but I don’t know how to pley.

Anonymous

I had it. on my guitar Please tell me about that and invent me. Thanks

Anonymous

cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

nice song, i would join in but i dont know the words.

Anonymous

Hey Lee, We need some of that stuff they are takin or smokin… Would really like to get into their groove… Cheese, probably some cheese head from WS. : nice song, i would join in but i dont know the words.

Anonymous

Download free best videoclips movies video clip clips avi mpg mpeg rm realplayer => http://it.geocities.com/gabrielemartufi/ in the section: "Videoclips Jazz Sax" => -John Coltrane & Miles Davis -Coleman Hawkins & Charlie Parker Bird -Julian Adderley "Cannonball" -John Coltrane -Charlie Parker Bird & Dizzy Gillespie -Sophie Alour -Jay Beckenstein (Spyro Gyra) -Boney James and others… Thanks, the best regards Peace (Italy)

Anonymous

cimar eletric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : cimar eletric guitar

Anonymous

Could you tell me what my 1970 Gibson classical guitar is worth?

Anonymous

Could you tell me what my 1970 Gibson classical guitar is worth?

Anonymous

check ebay, ive never seen one also look at haarmony central, the owner reveiws sometimes tell how much they paid for it.

Anonymous

Yes. i bought a Les Paul Lotus and i dont kno n e thing about it. I need sum info and also i need to get a paint chip fixed . n e help is appreciated thanx

Anonymous

well all im back from my broing vacation to south dakota, and no guitars their at all, gayest place ive been yet, but im back now and READY FOR QUESTIONS, MAKE EM GOOD

Anonymous

Hey, the first question you answered…. I have a wood guitar with 5 strings… What is it worth? It might be red but all the years faded it to yellow… My grandpa owned it and it sat in the closet for 30 years…. Has an old case but it does not seem to fit right… I’m lookin at $500 +++ : well all im back from my broing vacation to south dakota, and no guitars their at all, gayest place ive been yet, but im back now and READY FOR QUESTIONS, MAKE EM GOOD

Anonymous

Wood is good, but is it kind of a frying pan shape? if so i think you may actaully have a very rare item indeed, i think it may be a banjo, do you live in redneck country? in the woods? and ask the tourists to ‘squeel like a pig boy!’ yeeeehaw.

Anonymous

Ya know what? We just got this new TV show on back here in the woods Hee Ha and thay have one jut like mine! But with all them purtty girls on, its hrd to consentrte on the wood… (the pan shaped one)…. : Wood is good, but is it kind of a frying pan shape? if so i think you may actaully have a very rare item indeed, i think it may be a banjo, do you live in redneck country? in the woods? and ask the tourists to ‘squeel like a pig boy!’ yeeeehaw.

Anonymous

whats the diff between 8 ohms and 4 ohms in a guitar amp?

Anonymous

:Back in the mid 90’s (around 10 years ago) amps started to come out on the market with multiple ohms/watt capabillities. Most of these amps had a switch to change the output from an 8 to a 4 ohm load through a "matching" transformer, and the watts respectivly. Amps of today have matching transformers built in them that can do this automaticly. If connected to an 8 ohm load it switches it’s self to handle it. If the load is 4 ohms, it will changes back to that. The amount of power, "watts", will increase as the ohms get lower. The ohms or "load" of the power section of an amp can range from 8 ohms all the way down to 2 ohms, depending upon the amp. For example: 570 watts @ 2 ohms, 400 watts @ 4 ohms, 260 watts @ 8 ohms in stereo and 800 watts @ 8 ohms in bridged mono. Note: When an amp is used in the "bridged" mode, the ohms are set to one value and should not be lower than the specs. This leaves the end user, the consumer, to decide on the speaker configuration and ohms, based upon the needs of the individual. Going to low can cause some real problems. Most musicians (even some of the pros I’ve met) are unaware of the potential damage that can be done to thier equipment by running to small of a load when hooking up speakers. A good sound tech (24 years doin’ it now) knows that it is possible to blow a 500 watt speaker with a 50 watt amp, if the amp clips from the ohms being to low. I hear a lot of people say, "Those speakers suck, I can’t belive they blew so quick like that." And then look at the volume on the amp to find it all the way up, leaving no headroom. As stated before, check your equipment and see what it is set up to handle. Remember to leave enough headroom for the peaks. If you are running the volume control over 3/4 of the way up (8 or more on a dial that goes to 10) at 8 ohms AND your amp will handle a 4 ohm load, you should change the speaker. Or if you have an EXTERNAL speaker jack, abide to the specs of it and hook up another speaker. If your amp has a LINE/DIRRECT out, you could hook up another power amp and speaker, to give more volume in the room while lowering the volume on your amp. If none of this is possible, then you need a bigger amp. There are many ways to wire mutiple speakers in an external cab together and still maitain the load of your amp. If you, or anyone else, would like more info on this or just need friendly advice and help, feel free to contact me. whats the diff between 8 ohms and 4 ohms in a guitar amp?

Anonymous

: :Back in the mid 90’s (around 10 years ago) amps started to come out on the market with multiple ohms/watt capabillities. Most of these amps had a switch to change the output from an 8 to a 4 ohm load through a "matching" transformer, and the watts respectivly. Amps of today have matching transformers built in them that can do this automaticly. If connected to an 8 ohm load it switches it’s self to handle it. If the load is 4 ohms, it will changes back to that. The amount of power, "watts", will increase as the ohms get lower. The ohms or "load" of the power section of an amp can range from 8 ohms all the way down to 2 ohms, depending upon the amp. For example: 570 watts @ 2 ohms, 400 watts @ 4 ohms, 260 watts @ 8 ohms in stereo and 800 watts @ 8 ohms in bridged mono. Note: When an amp is used in the "bridged" mode, the ohms are set to one value and should not be lower than the specs. This leaves the end user, the consumer, to decide on the speaker configuration and ohms, based upon the needs of the individual. Going to low can cause some real problems. Most musicians (even some of the pros I’ve met) are unaware of the potential damage that can be done to thier equipment by running to small of a load when hooking up speakers. A good sound tech (24 years doin’ it now) knows that it is possible to blow a 500 watt speaker with a 50 watt amp, if the amp clips from the ohms being to low. I hear a lot of people say, "Those speakers suck, I can’t belive they blew so quick like that." And then look at the volume on the amp to find it all the way up, leaving no headroom. As stated before, check your equipment and see what it is set up to handle. Remember to leave enough headroom for the peaks. If you are running the volume control over 3/4 of the way up (8 or more on a dial that goes to 10) at 8 ohms AND your amp will handle a 4 ohm load, you should change the speaker. Or if you have an EXTERNAL speaker jack, abide to the specs of it and hook up another speaker. If your amp has a LINE/DIRRECT out, you could hook up another power amp and speaker, to give more volume in the room while lowering the volume on your amp. If none of this is possible, then you need a bigger amp. There are many ways to wire mutiple speakers in an external cab together and still maitain the load of your amp. If you, or anyone else, would like more info on this or just need friendly advice and help, feel free to contact me. : : whats the diff between 8 ohms and 4 ohms in a guitar amp?

Anonymous

Hi — I have an old Kustom bass cabinet – an 18" from the late /60’s or early 70’s. I wanted to get a head for it but i could not figure out how many ohms this cabinet was — 4, 8? If i don’t know which this cabinet is, could i be safe by getting a 4 ohms head?/ or an 8 ohm head? or do i have to know really how many ohms this cabinet is?? It doesn’t say anywhere on the outside of the cabinet — i checked. Thanks Harvey

Anonymous

:Ohms is the impedence (resistance) just as the other guy said. Most will handle 4 or 8. Most are actually matched to 8 ohms. This means the speaker impedence is the same as the output impedence. Volume will differ but you shouldn’t damage anything. The most that can be outputted across a load is what we in the electronics business call maximum power transfer and is achieved only when the impedences are matched. This is achieved through a coil or some other type of equal resistance. This is also similar to what a matching (isolation) transformer (coil) does in addition to isolating the output load. Sort of like a cordless phone vs. a corded phone during a lightning storm.

Anonymous

: Follow up to my follow up: I hope I didn’t confuse you too much. Just wanted to make sure you don’t try to "match" the output of the amp to the speaker in any way. There’s a phase inversion across transformers. In other words the speaker will be 180 degrees out of phase and will sound like crap. This inversion also happens between amplification stages in a solid state amp.

Anonymous

: whats the diff between 8 ohms and 4 ohms in a guitar amp? The word "OHMS" means the mesure of resistance to the watts of power output by the amp. It is the load the amp must push the power through. Think of it as the load on a truck. The greater the load wieghts the slower the truck goes, the lighter the load the faster it will go. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that 4 ohms is louder than 8 ohms. For instance: A 100 watt amp driving a 4×12 cab @ 8 ohms will be louder than driving a single 12" speaker @ 4 ohms. This is because of the amount of air moved by the 4 speakers as apposed to one. The ear responds to the vibrations of the air movement. 4 – 12" speakers move more air than one. So it will be louder to the ear. Guitar man is right about the stress on the amp. Like the truck motor, without a load on it the engine will over rev & sling it’s self apart. If the load on the amp is lower than what’s rated it will clip or "max out" do to the lack of headroom (resistance) for peaks. This causes the amp to send DC current to the speakers and burns the fine wire in the voice coil in half…a "blown" speaker. It can also burn out the output drivers of the amp. For more on this go to Carvin.com and read, Dr. Sound – Speakers and Ohms and Watts, I think thats the name of it.

Anonymous

Well, 4 ohms will be louder but put more stress on an amp. 8 Ohms will be lower volume but put less stress on the amp. Are you lookin to fix it or purchase it? If a manufactor sells an 4 ohn amp, it’s set up to handle the ohms and will be louder…. : whats the diff between 8 ohms and 4 ohms in a guitar amp?

Anonymous

at last a half decent question, but guitarman got their first, damn it!.

Anonymous

Hey there; I’m looking for a set of Fender "F" tuners in gold plate for a ‘ 72 left-hand strat I’m customizing.Needs to be Fender gold,any other and the colour won’t match.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx J.C.

Anonymous

I’d try Ebay…. You can find anything there. Good luck.. : Hey there; : I’m looking for a set of Fender "F" tuners in gold plate for a ‘ 72 left-hand strat I’m customizing.Needs to be Fender gold,any other and the colour won’t match.Any help would be greatly appreciated. : Thanx : J.C.

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the general public can buy direct from the Ensenada factory (READ: Save a little money off the retail prices)? Since I live in San Diego, Ensenada is less than 70 miles away. I’ve been eyeing a Mex Robert Cray Strat to match my exquisite Jimmie Vaughan Strat. If the Ensenada factory sold direct, it might be worth the drive down. Then I could also celebrate at the famous Hussong’s Cantina afterward. If anybody knows, please let me know. Thanks…Raul

Anonymous

Nothing would surprise me today. Try calling the factory and see if you can buy direct. Dean does it here in Fl. so why not in CA? It’s worth a try. We buy Deans here in Fl. because they make such good wepons when you need one… : Does anyone know if the general public can buy direct from the Ensenada factory (READ: Save a little money off the retail prices)? Since I live in San Diego, Ensenada is less than 70 miles away. I’ve been eyeing a Mex Robert Cray Strat to match my exquisite Jimmie Vaughan Strat. If the Ensenada factory sold direct, it might be worth the drive down. Then I could also celebrate at the famous Hussong’s Cantina afterward. If anybody knows, please let me know. Thanks…Raul

Anonymous

that would sure piss off their retailers wouldnt it? highly unlikely, they will simply tell you where your nearest dealer is.

Anonymous

The serial number is imprinted on the back of the headstock. The number is 555053. It is a sunburst LP, with gold trimmings, big block, pearl inlays, and says "Custom", on the headstock.

Anonymous

Anonymous

LOOKING TO SELL GIBSON SG ANGUS YOUNG SIGNATURE SERIES!!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : LOOKING TO SELL GIBSON SG ANGUS YOUNG SIGNATURE SERIES!!!!

Anonymous

PLEASE VALUE MY FENDER F-05-12 12 String!

This popular thread has been given its own page : PLEASE VALUE MY FENDER F-05-12 12 String!

Anonymous

I recently purchased a Les Paul Studio, left handed, from a dealer in CA. I noticed on the back of the guitar, at the openings for the control knobs and the pick up selector switch, that some of finish may have been removed at the very edge of the opening during the final buffing process. It is either the finish was removed or the red rouge polish that they use to buff the guitars that is stuck to edge. I removed the covers and used some car polish to try remove the red polish residue that is in the openings but it would not come off. Has anyone ever experienced this issue with a white Les Paul? If so how did you fix the problem? I live in PA, otherwise I would have brought it back to the dealer. Thanks, Vince

Anonymous

: Since I posted the original message, I brought the guitar to a Gibson Authorized repair center to have the problem evaluated. He confirmed what I thought it was. Some of the finish was rubbed off on the edges during final buffing process. Because the guitar is white, it next to impossible to match the finish with touch up paint. He did not think it would effect the value of guitar since it is a factory error. Has anyone ever experienced this on their Gibson guitar? While it does not affect the playabilty of the guitar, it is disappointing that Gibson would not have let this mistake get by and not fix it. : Thanks, : Vince

Anonymous

Try Kit scratch remover which can be bought from any auto store. I use it on all my guitars and it works great… Good luck.. : I recently purchased a Les Paul Studio, left handed, from a dealer in CA. I noticed on the back of the guitar, at the openings for the control knobs and the pick up selector switch, that some of finish may have been removed at the very edge of the opening during the final buffing process. It is either the finish was removed or the red rouge polish that they use to buff the guitars that is stuck to edge. I removed the covers and used some car polish to try remove the red polish residue that is in the openings but it would not come off. Has anyone ever experienced this issue with a white Les Paul? If so how did you fix the problem? I live in PA, otherwise I would have brought it back to the dealer. : Thanks, : Vince

Anonymous

either that or Fender do a very good kit, comes with 3 bottles, they make it in conjunction with a car polish firm. its quite pricey, mine cost me £20 ($30) but it was well worth it.

Anonymous

I am unsure as to how much this guitar is worth. I saw it for 360 but am unsure if this is accurate or not. I don’t play guitar and it really should be loved and used by someone who can appreciate it. It is in excellent condition and would be sold with it’s hard case. Thanks so much for helping me out!

Anonymous

Fender F-05-12 for sale

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender F-05-12 for sale

Anonymous

I’m interested in buying an Aria Pro II PE-60 and am having trouble finding one. If you have one to sell or know of where I can purchase one, please email me. Thanks, aaron.

Anonymous

Hey folks, Looking for a good close up pic of The wolf on Jerry’s Wolf Guitar made by Irwin. I’ve searching the net for hours now to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

: Hey folks, Looking for a good close up pic of The wolf on Jerry’s Wolf Guitar made by Irwin. I’ve searching the net for hours now to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

go to rocknroll hall of fame they have 5 originals rosebud,wolf,etc

Anonymous

YA IVE PUT QUESTIONS BELOW.. WIL SOME ONE PLEASE FUCKING ANSWER THEM…

Anonymous

YES SIR!!! We will be your slaves and take the time to look up all you wish to know. We do not have a life other than to please you…. your wish is our command. We know your hinni is the king of this board and we wish nothing but to kiss your ass and hope you send your praise upon us…. kiss my ass…… : YA IVE PUT QUESTIONS BELOW.. WIL SOME ONE PLEASE FUCKING ANSWER THEM…

Anonymous

WHAT F%%%%ING QUESTIONS?

Anonymous

i need settings to get angus sound out of the pair i have which is a fender strat and a marshall Mg15

Anonymous

: i need settings to get angus sound out of the pair i have which is a fender strat and a marshall Mg15 Reply: WOW this is a hot thread – if I say anything I may get my head taken off! Well, first of all, I can handle that and remain standing. A little smoke & mirrors? Strats and Angus Young, and how the 2 may be related are exremely unlikely but interesting topics. All I can say is that my son, whose head I do not want taken off, converted an American Lonestar Strat to a killer axe with a $30 switch from Emmett Brown @ deaf-eddie.net, and about 1 hour’s labour. I’ve done it too, on an identical guitar – it works with single coils too. The switch called a Fat-O-Caster can allow you to have as many as 16 sounds from different series and parallel combinations of the pickups. We like them so much that we reviewed the switches under Deaf-Eddie pickups on harmonycentral.com. Read more there. So here’s what: I could keep all this tone and good news to myself, or share with friends, or tell the World. The World will be a better place! We are completely satisfied that our modified Strats sound fantastic, and somewhere in the mix … we are getting Angus Young sounds, just like my kid said on harmony central … right after he sold his SG which everybody called "Back in Black". So, let’s everyone be happy, and to each his own guitar! For those about to rock, yours truly, Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

buy my guitar, its angus garunteed since its his signature guitar

Anonymous

so what ,, big yawn ..ZZZZZzzzzzzz

Anonymous

nah nah nah, ive got a bigger ice cream than you, go take your bragging ego somewhere else, who gives a shit that you have a signature guitar, more fool you for buying it, angus plays an SG standard not his signature, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Anonymous

hi does anybody know where i could get a roland gr10 second hand will do thanks jim dereck

Anonymous

hey does anyone know the list price for a MORLEY (PWV1)?? thanks.

Anonymous

i have a strat with a switch on it from the facktory. i think its a reverb switch. i have never found another one like it. no one can tell me any thing about it. all i know is that its mexican made and its a 95′.

Anonymous

Hey, send me some of the smoke your smokin… Fender or any other guitar maker never had a switch for reverb… Reverb is a long tube with springs or a digital loop in an amp… The switch is probably an add on that "out of phases" the pickups not a reverb switch… How many tokes does it take to get that high? : i have a strat with a switch on it from the facktory. i think its a reverb switch. i have never found another one like it. no one can tell me any thing about it. all i know is that its mexican made and its a 95′.

Anonymous

might be a self destruct switch.

Anonymous

A self destruct switch? Ya, for guys who are smokin the good stuff… I know that there are newbees that have questions, Old farts that have got out of the swing of things but stupid questions or lazy questions really send me up the wall. Common sense would tell ya that a switch will reverse the wiring and not add an effect to the guitar…. I’m getting a bad rap for responding to stupid questions but I can’t help myself… I guess I really hate stupid and/or lazy people… Guys like Lee or Travor have done their work and learned about guitars and shouldn’t have to answer stupid questions or do others work… I love a good question that will help many others and has a common sense aria about it. But don’t ask me what the value of your guitar is, or is it rare, or how much you should sell it for… Do your own homework and find out… If you want my experteeze, then pay for it…. Just like I did…. : might be a self destruct switch.

Anonymous

how much are strings for a fender gutarie

Anonymous

Try going to a music store and finding out… Now there is a unique idea…. Just for you… : how much are strings for a fender gutarie

Anonymous

guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!! but you still offered great advice.

Anonymous

… hrrrm : guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!! : but you still offered great advice.

Anonymous

Ah, the horror of it all. To think I survived Nam, 3 marrages, 2 shootings and a stab wound for this. Is this where America is comming too? Too lazy to go to a music store and find out what strings cost? Before I buy anything I research it and find out as much about it as I can so I’m an informed consumer… I build houses, motorcycles and guitars.. That’s just my hobbies. I also program computers and write software that is sold all over the world. All it takes is a little common sense and a lot of work but my dad taught me all about hard work and I’m not afraid of it. This board should be a great place to ask questions, some maybe stupid but if you don’t know, you don’t know.. But most of the qustions could be answered by just typing in some keywords on a search engine and finding out yourself. The question about the ohms was a good one and one that will help others. How much are guitar strings just blows me away…. I guess I might be too anal when it comes to questions but it scares me to see the lazyness that has taken over our world…. : guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!! : but you still offered great advice.

Anonymous

is it possible to get this effect box now days is it as good as people say it is is it indeed better than the new BOSS ME-50

Anonymous

MON COMPRESSEUR NE FONCTIONNE PLUS ET IMPOSSIBLE DE TROUVER LES CIRCUITS INTEGRES ET LE PLAN POUR LE DEPANNER. MERCI A L-AVANCE

Anonymous

ok at the moment i have a dod multi effects pedal into a 7 band eq into my amp head. and as u no multi effects pedals have alot of effects but but there al average effects, well my point is i think that the ditortion sounds artafishal, so i am thinking of buying a black snarling dog pedal and runing it into the effects pedal on clean. so when i turn it on i will have a lush disrtion and when i turn it of i will b using th multi effects clean chanel, does any one think this will work well? i sent that message then i found out about the blue do and that soudns veen better than the black dog nice for heavy metal and blues but im ? still stands about using it b4 or after my multi effects pedal with that on clean

Anonymous

I’m looking around for an electro acoustic and would like some recommendations from other players. My main guitar is a 70’s Strat and I’d like to find sopething with a similair action but having a wider neck. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi anyone know of any good sloide guitar teachers around Nottingham UK, or in the uk in general??

Anonymous

Hi I’m thinking of getting one, I’ve seen one on eBay that needs some working on and was willing to go up to about £200 what does anyone reckon. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33040&item=3738624107&rd=1

Anonymous

looks very good, Jap copies are better than korean ones, but i thought all Epi’s were made in Korea? maybe they were made in japan in early 80’s. for £200 it would be a bargain.

Anonymous

New guitar releases, link below, updated daily

Anonymous

ok at the moment i have a dod multi effects pedal into a 7 band eq into my amp head. and as u no multi effects pedals have alot of effects but but there al average effects, well my point is i think that the ditortion sounds artafishal, so i am thinking of buying a black snarling dog pedal and runing it into the effects pedal on clean. so when i turn it on i will have a lush disrtion and when i turn it of i will b using th multi effects clean chanel, does any one think this will work well?

Anonymous

Pan Bass Guitar Info, Please!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Pan Bass Guitar Info, Please!

Anonymous

saya sudah lama kepengin main guitar yang baik dan bagus. memeliki warna dan citarasa tersendiri berbeda dengan yang lain. saya pengin dijarintekhnik lead guitar jazz, latin, blues dan rock.

Anonymous

Alvarez K. Yari Model 5008 - any info?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Alvarez K. Yari Model 5008 – any info?

Anonymous

I have a Gibson J45 which is suburst in color. On the back of the head the serial number is inprinted as 319000. It is in excellent condition. I would like to know what year it was made and how much it is worth. Thanks

Anonymous

it’s a 1965 model, price? god knows, its going to be a good few dollars though, $4k? maybe more? i know they are very very collectable.

Anonymous

You know, type in "Gibson serial numbers" in a search engine and find out what year it is…. then go on Ebay a look at what they are selling for or go to Gbase and see what dealers are selling them for. Why do all of you think that we are here to serve your needs and do your homework for you ? If you have a computer, then use it and do the work yourself… : it’s a 1965 model, price? god knows, its going to be a good few dollars though, $4k? maybe more? i know they are very very collectable.

Anonymous

How do I build a half diminished chord. If a augmented chord has a raised fifth= The root, major third and another Major Third, and the diminished has= The root a minor third and a minor third. Is a half diminished= A root a minor third and the fourth note of the scale?

Anonymous

The 1/2 dim chord is a min7b5 chord.

Anonymous

Is the 99.00 drive amp guitar combo any good? What is the the best package for an intermidiate(novice) guitar player that likes old time rock from the 50’s and early 60’s and country and rockabliiy?

Anonymous

: Is the 99.00 drive amp guitar combo any good? : What is the the best package for an intermidiate(novice) guitar player that likes old time rock from the 50’s and early 60’s and country and rockabliiy? Reply: I’m new on this website, but have a relatively experienced opinion about your search for the right combo. I might do the same thing … search for the "right" guitar and amp to play whatever I’m gonna play, before I go out and play it. However, I’ve been at it long enough that I have 6 decades of equipment to choose from. I believe you can use a properly prepared Strat for just about anything, but I’d look for an economical, discontinued DeArmond M-series guitar, something like a Les Paul, but with DeArmatron humbuckers, and a little Blues Junior amp. I’ve been reading many other’s postings. One thing I like is that everybody is entitled to an opinion and gets to say what they want, and certainly … there are some experts in the forum that shouldn’t be taking alot of crap from a few meddlers who heckle & have nothing constructive to contribute. Some of these experts have indeed invested many years and thousands of dollars in research, education and performance … and I for one, with 10 year’s recent music education and 33 year’s playing still WANT to hear what they have to say, and learn something NEW anytime. Well, that’s me. To each his own … Hope this helps. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

go for the marshall MG15FDX, its not a gigging amp, but 15watts is loud enough for indoors, and for the money it has a great sound, also the small vox tranistor amps are quite good.

Anonymous

Any thoughts on a cherry (finish and condition)Epi Riviera? Model is 250 EA and it says made in Japan on back of the headstock but the label inside says Kalamazoo. I figure it was made in Japan and/or assemble in usa somewhere between 70 and 82. Set up is great! Any thoughts? Worth $500 Thanks

Anonymous

any idea what a 79 les paul silverburst custom in 7.5 shape is worth???

Anonymous

: any idea what a 79 les paul silverburst custom in 7.5 shape is worth??? I had an 83 that i got for about 800

Anonymous

about $2000 – $2500 ive seen a few go on ebay for a little less than that, i would think on a private sale nearer the £2500.

Anonymous

I HAVE AN GIBSON GUITAR L6-S 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Anonymous

: I HAVE AN Epiphone 5102T.E No# 75513 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Anonymous

: I HAVE AN aspenGUITAR ad-18 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Anonymous

i have a 1981 custom fender stratacater its blonde fully original and in mint condition how much is it worth

Anonymous

Hey, I’ll give ya $100 for it…. : I HAVE AN GIBSON GUITAR L6-S 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Anonymous

i’m looking for a guitar teacher in northern nj (sussex county area) does anyone know any who are accepting new students??

Anonymous

i want to recieve the song of pradeep : urti chirya behta paanni

Anonymous

I’VE BEEN ALWAYS INTERESTING ABOUT GITAR

Anonymous

The best thing to do is buy some sheet music or song books of music you like to play. make sure they have pictures above the chord names to show you where to place your fingers. You can also get a book called the gigbag book of chords and use it as a reference while you learn. Just make sure you don’t make work of it. HAVE FUN!!!

Anonymous

: I’VE BEEN ALWAYS INTERESTING ABOUT GITAR

Anonymous

nice

Anonymous

i have a fender strat and a marshall MG15 i would like to know how to get angus sound out of the pair can any one suggest anything?

Anonymous

i suggest you ditch the strat and get yourself an SG standard and a wall of marshalls.

Anonymous

try a marshal. But dont uas efficts. beleve me, i’ve tryed. please try and take me sirisly…. sorry im not a good speller. anyway, even though im only 11

Anonymous

tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul runaway dan summer sunshine

Anonymous

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu metalica berjudul the sandman

Anonymous

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul would you be happier dan summer sunshine

Anonymous

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu krisdayanti berjudul cobalah untuk setia

Anonymous

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul runaway dan summer sunshine

Anonymous

I enjoyed very much the instrumental guitar Amazing Grace played by the late Johnny Cash? I am very interesteed to learn how to play his type of music produced by his guitar? Thanks and regards,

Anonymous

TOLONG SAYA BELAJAR CARA BAGAIMANA NAK BELAJAR LEAD SERTA KORD SEKALI KALAU PERLU DENGAN PANDUANNYA SEKALI

Anonymous

TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA CARA BELAJAR LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

Anonymous

TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA CARA BELAJAR LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

Anonymous

: TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">CARA </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">BELAJAR</B> LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

Anonymous

Hey, What is the best wa pedal for the quality and price? Thank you!

Anonymous

ive always used a cry baby wah, its a mid priced one, i can recomend it.

Anonymous

cool thanks man

Anonymous

I am in the process of making a few Fender replica guitars and need the signatures of Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hendrix and Clapton. Does anyone have them (they need to fit the Large Headstock of course)?

Anonymous

The Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster is an exact representation of a 1954 Fender Stratocaster. Every aspect of the details of the original has been replicated including the knobs, switch tip, pickup covers, pickups and serial number stamped on the back of the tremolo cover plate. The guitar features Custom Wound 1954 pickups, bone nut, and is available in Closet Classic 2-Tone Sunburst Only.

Anonymous

: how many SC CS Anniversary 1954 will be manufactured?? thanks dj : The Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster is an exact representation of a 1954 Fender Stratocaster. Every aspect of the details of the original has been replicated including the knobs, switch tip, pickup covers, pickups and serial number stamped on the back of the tremolo cover plate. The guitar features Custom Wound 1954 pickups, bone nut, and is available in Closet Classic 2-Tone Sunburst Only.

Anonymous

How much and where do you live? M.J.

Anonymous

I AM LOOKING FOR A PHOTO OF A ;1962 REISSUE OF A FENDER TELECASTER 50TH ANNIVERSARY ADDITION CREME IN COLOR CAN YOU HELP ME?????

Anonymous

I own a late 70’s high-end ovation guitar. Shortly after buying it the face cracked. Shortly thereafter I stopped playing and the guitar sat in my closet. Recently I decided to pick up the instrument again and took it to get re-strung andtuned up. The guy at the store told me that the damage was clearly caused by shrinkage of the case and that this was a known problem at that time. Has anyone else heard of this defect? Thanks

Anonymous

My husband’s Ovation has a crack in the face after being stored for several years. It is from the late 70’s/early 80’s. It was one of the lower end models. We have been puzzled about how it sustained this damage in the closet. It now has a 5 inch crack on the face. Sounds like a similar problem.

Anonymous

Fender F-03 Acoustic  FOR SALE

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender F-03 Acoustic FOR SALE

Anonymous

so i just bought a Godin Freeway classic, but im not sure how to pick my amp, mostly just for playing at home

Anonymous

:I just bought a Godin Exit 22 and I strongly suggest either the Fender 15w Blues junior or the 40w Fender hot rod deluxe. The Blues junior would probably be fine for playing at home. Pay for the tube amp, you won’t be sorry in the long run.

Anonymous

Just go on Ebay and find an amp that is around 15 – 30 watts, has reverb, and is not very expensive. You will also want a headphone output so you can rock in private. There are many like Laney, rocktron, crate that will sell for under $200 and sound good. Good luck. : so i just bought a Godin Freeway classic, but im not sure how to pick my amp, mostly just for playing at home

Anonymous

Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

Anonymous

This is a question? What guitar? what year? what condition? like new condition? what does that mean? Get a life… : Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

Anonymous

Read the topic: Fender F-05-12 Condition: like-new. Life? I have one. : This is a question? What guitar? what year? what condition? like new condition? what does that mean? Get a life… : : Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

Anonymous

I have an older Takamine, I bought it in the 70’s from a Pawn Shop. Acoustic, 12 string, in-laid pearl, drednaught body. Beautiful sound, but no visible model number. There is a number stamped on the inside where the base of the neck is: 76022027 Does anyone know? The only other sticker notes to use light guage strings… Really would appreciate your expertise. Thanks

Anonymous

THE NEW DYNA-TOUCH III SERIES amps combine great tones, killer looks and ease of use with the excitement of Fender DSP effects. The Stage 1600 features a bone-crunching 160 watts of power pushed through dual Celestion 12" speakers.

Anonymous

i have a framus acoustic guitar serial number 18087 model number 950 with brass framus symbol on headstock any info would be much appreciated

Anonymous

hey ……… i want english songs .. to hear on my computer .. of bryan adams ….. could u fine me plz.. deep

Anonymous

Hi folks. I have very nice martin acoustic which I want to sell – it is a bit of a collectors item as they only made 100 in 1990 – a limited edition OMC—28. It’s in good condition. I was wondering if anyone knows a collector or player who would give it a good new home. thanks.

Anonymous

I have a 79 Les Paul custom silverburst in about 7.5 condition..anyone know what it is worth…would like to trade it maybe..for another paul or older SG…

Anonymous

I remember these axes.I wanted to buy one but never had the cash..lol. This guitar with original pickups should get you approx. $1700-$2000 fazuls(dollars). I beleive 1979 was the year they started making Pauls in Nashville. Hope this helps

Anonymous

Hey! I own an old Ovation Josh White. The man I got it from said he bought it in 1970. It’s model #777. How much do you think something like this would be worth? I can’t afford to get it appraised right now, so I’m trying to get some feedback. I know the Josh White Models were only made from ’67 – ’70. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Hey! I own an old Ovation Josh White. The man I got it from said he bought it in 1970. It’s model #777. How much do you think something like this would be worth? I can’t afford to get it appraised right now, so I’m trying to get some feedback. I know the Josh White Models were only made from ’67 – ’70. Any ideas?

Anonymous

brand new, link for info

Anonymous

Hello all. I have a Giannini G90 guitar which I purchased new in 1971 or 72. It has not been played much, has been lovingly handled and stored only in my home in climate controlled conditons with, the strings loosened, since I gave up guitar in 1974. I want to sell this guitar but have no idea what it is worth today. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your help. Rich

Anonymous

I hate to look up guitar prices too so I will give ya #100 for it…. Let’s both be lazy and make a good deal…. : Hello all. I have a Giannini G90 guitar which I purchased new in 1971 or 72. It has not been played much, has been lovingly handled and stored only in my home in climate controlled conditons with, the strings loosened, since I gave up guitar in 1974. I want to sell this guitar but have no idea what it is worth today. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your help. Rich

Anonymous

Bom a minha pedaleira ela quando eu ligo as veses a gente acessa algun instrumento mas logo ela trava e não passa para nenhum outro banco voce poderia me dar alguma resposta por favor?

Anonymous

Iranilson, tenho a solução para o problema. Não se desespere! Envie-me um e-mail dizendo onde (cidade/estado) voce reside.

Anonymous

D'Agostino Strat clone(Japan) info??

This popular thread has been given its own page : D’Agostino Strat clone(Japan) info??

Anonymous

is a primitive simian

Anonymous

wassup?

Anonymous

About that Fender Black Strat with black pickups, black knobs and black pickguard; the very strat with a Fernandes neck.. on the Live Tonight Sold Out VHS Kurt Cobain smashes that guitar, however the body still remains in one piece. I wondered: how much would that body with pickups and etc cost? Just the body with the pickups.

Anonymous

Hello, I want to have presets for my ME6 HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Lot

Anonymous

I cant choose what one!!!!! they both have their ups and downs and I have only been playing for a year so help me out!!

Anonymous

Hey, Either one is fine… I’d pick the Viper…. : I cant choose what one!!!!! they both have their ups and downs and I have only been playing for a year so help me out!!

Anonymous

i have an epiphone sunburst acoustic guitar i am trying to find some info on. the label is brown/orange, model# pr-715-asb ,serial# 98715 : : the label says kalamazoo, michigan but also made in japan. i have been looking into this and it seems that some of these details contradict themselves. if any one could tell me what year this is, or basically any info, i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I’ll be nice and give you this site to look it up yourself… http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Epiphone/ : i have an epiphone sunburst acoustic guitar i am trying to find some info on. the label is brown/orange, model# pr-715-asb ,serial# 98715 : : : the label says kalamazoo, michigan but also made in japan. i have been looking into this and it seems that some of these details contradict themselves. if any one could tell me what year this is, or basically any info, i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this?

Anonymous

: Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this? I saw Brad Paisley play the McPherson guitar live on the CMA this last week. He was with Alison Krauss. Fantastic sound. He won 2 CMA awards.

Anonymous

: Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this? I saw Brad Paisley play the McPherson guitar live on the CMA this last week. He was with Alison Krauss. Fantastic sound. He won 2 CMA awards.

Anonymous

: Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this? I did, those are the most incredible guitars I’ve heard. They are so amazingly clear!!!!

Anonymous

: : Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this? : I did, those are the most incredible guitars I’ve heard. They are so amazingly clear!!!! I see Richard Marx will be on Regis&Kelly Monday Aug 9th 2004. Hopefully he’ll play the McPherson guitar again so we have another opportunity to see and hear it.

Anonymous

Hi I’m a first time buyer of an electric guitar after playing acoustic for two years. Unfortunately I only have a limited budget and could probably only just stretch to £250-£300 for a full package. I am looking for something that gives a good sound and I can play just for fun. So far I have found what i think is a decent package at http://www.regentguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_Electric_101.html Could you please give your thoughts on this or recommend another model? Thanx a lot

Anonymous

: at soundcontrol there is a very nice les paul copy by westfield which is only£99

Anonymous

Westfield is rubbish how can you recomend that toot?

Anonymous

if you dont like pushing down the strings hard you should try cranking down the action. but not to much or else you well get fret buzz.

Anonymous

I 100% agree with Lee. I have been playing over 40 years and have over 72 guitars. Buy a Fender Strat and ya can’t go wrong…. or a very good copy of a Gibson Les Paul. Some of the Japan makers make very good copies. : Hi I’m a first time buyer of an electric guitar after playing acoustic for two years. Unfortunately I only have a limited budget and could probably only just stretch to £250-£300 for a full package. I am looking for something that gives a good sound and I can play just for fun. So far I have found what i think is a decent package at http://www.regentguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_Electric_101.html : Could you please give your thoughts on this or recommend another model? : Thanx a lot

Anonymous

hey im 14 and ive never played before and i was looking to buy a electric guitar on a suitable budget, and i just thought i might get some advice on what i should get. i was looking at a les paul sp 2 but like i said i would like to get some advice first. thanks alot

Anonymous

the sensible thing to do would be buy 2nd hand, used stuff costs a lot less than new, you get a better set up for your money, as a first electric i would recomend a fender strat, if you spend £250 on a 2nd hand jap strat and decide you dont like it in 2 years time (which you wont), you would easily get your money back and more, strats are fantastic to play, real easy on the hand, they look fantastic too, i would buy a standard guitar, no active pickups!! and get a standard colour, red, white, black or sunburst, the sparkly sea foam red with blue stripes is a no no. ive seen jap standard strats on http://www.loot.com for £250, mexican ones are good as well, but i prefer the japs, with the £50 left over from your budget get a 2nd hand marshall 15 watt mg15fdx they retail at about £110 new so you should haggle a good 2nd hand one for £50, look for that on loot too, but of course the lure of the new guitar package will suck you in, and you will probably throw away my advice and go for that online deal, but ive given my advice, remember, the guitar from your online package deal is meant for christmas, but a strat is for life.

Anonymous

I have a 1971 Yamaki Deluxe in excellent shape and would like to know the value of it. Thanks for any replies Louise [email protected]

Anonymous

if anyone knows where i can find this diagram,,please ,,email me

Anonymous

hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9820077896 thanks so much

Anonymous

: hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9820077896 : thanks so much

Anonymous

: : hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9813235315 : : thanks so much

Anonymous

: hi im looking for the full song of rapture dhol if any one know which is the song and the album plz mail me on this id [email protected],[email protected],[email protected] : thanks so much

Anonymous

Hey guys, Does anyone ever get back to their posts to see the help they get? It seems like they don’t… This could be a great site if it was give and take….

Anonymous

Not on very many of mine, sometimes they do sometimes they dont, oh well, watcha gunna do… cheers, Trevor : Hey guys, : Does anyone ever get back to their posts to see the help they get? It seems like they don’t… This could be a great site if it was give and take….

Anonymous

920113 someone has offered me a jackson that he says is old and worth lots of money, i’m not 100% sure so i got the serial number but cannot find a way to check it the serial number is 920113, if someone couyld either tell me what they know about this guitar or let me know a way of checking it myself.

Anonymous

fender serial number:Z4003190 We want model & spec and year for salesã

Anonymous

I have recently have just brought a epiphone les paul with a bigsby trem and i have been told that it is kind of of old but i was not sure.The serial number is U7031025 please would you try and tell what year it was made and if possible how much it is worth. THANKYOU

Anonymous

Epiphone FT 120 SB

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone FT 120 SB

Anonymous

hi was just wondering if anyone knows how much a could condition 60’s wilson rapier 44 guitar is worth approximately? cheers

Anonymous

ahhh i am a begginer on guitar, and you’ll probably all think i am stupid lol, but here goes! i hav an electric guitar, and i dunno i think im a bit clumsy, anyway its got loads of scratches and dints in it! is there anything i can do about them? please help!

Anonymous

Hey Steff, Go to an auto store and buy a bottle of Kit scratch remover. Follow the directions and it should get out a lot of the minor ones. I use this stuff on every guitar I get to make them look as good as they can be. Follow it up with a good coat of wax. : ahhh : i am a begginer on guitar, and you’ll probably all think i am stupid lol, but here goes! : i hav an electric guitar, and i dunno i think im a bit clumsy, anyway its got loads of scratches and dints in it! is there anything i can do about them? please help!

Anonymous

you cant do anything for a ding, but you can take out scraches (minor ones) with a kit that fender sell, comes in 3 peices. i always think scratches add character.

Anonymous

I found this nice fender strat on ebay, but there just seems to be something fishy about it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3737565314&ssPageName=MERC_VI

Anonymous

im with you, it does look a bit dodgy, the serial number looks as if it was put on by a blind trained chimp, is that a serial number on the neck plate too? do they carry 2 serial numbers? 1 on the headstock and 1 on the chrome neck plate?

Anonymous

im with you, it does look a bit dodgy, the serial number looks as if it was put on by a blind trained chimp, is that a serial number on the neck plate too? do they carry 2 serial numbers? 1 on the headstock and 1 on the chrome neck plate?

Anonymous

fender serial numbers etc

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender serial numbers etc

Anonymous

oh dearie dear

Anonymous

wassup?

Anonymous

brand new, click link for info

Anonymous

I own a February 1969 Grade Grand Concert Antonio Hernandis guitar. It’s in excellent shape, with its original case. I look forward to selling it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

Anonymous

: I own a 1970 no.1 Antonio Hernandis guitar. this guitar was made in madrid. It’s in excellent shape, with its original case. I look forward to selling it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

Anonymous

Any one willing to sell an old F hole pure acoustic guitar in full functional condition? Gibson L7C or Epiphone owners to quote with details

Anonymous

I have an old Harmony Sovereign guitar that I purchased second hand in 1968. It still is a great old thing. It has an ID number of 9843H1260 inside. Is there any way of determining the age of the instrument or does the number contain the year and month

Anonymous

Well, You have a model 1260 but there is another stamp inside that starts with a F or S and has the year like F-66. Get a mirror and look around and you will find it. Check out my site at http://www.comparethevalue.com for catalog pics of all the old Harmony guitars. : I have an old Harmony Sovereign guitar that I purchased second hand in 1968. It still is a great old thing. It has an ID number of 9843H1260 inside. : Is there any way of determining the age of the instrument or does the number contain the year and month

Anonymous

What information do you have on this Harmony. The neck needs straightening otherwise good condition.

Anonymous

What information do you have on this Harmony. The neck needs straightening otherwise good condition.

Anonymous

Hey All, I am trying to sell my -Acostic(with a pickup)Simon & Patrick Pro Mahogany-Solid spruce top with solid mahogany back – mahogany sides. Any guesses on how much I should ask for it? It is 3 years old in good shape.

Anonymous

Name: Valeri Arutyunyants Age: 42 Place OF Living: Yerevan 375033 Gaydar str 7 apt 8 Job: Classic Guitar Teacher Please Help me with this serious situation. I had to change the varnish of my guitar (Takamine EC132S S/N-89041810) and i need you to offer me what kind of varnish to use to have the same sounding as the one that had before taking off the varnish. I know that Shellack is recommended as a guitar varnish but i want to know exactly so if you know what to use please tell me. Thanks And Regards Valeri

Anonymous

i need a fender stratacoustic under $120.00!help!!!

Anonymous

: i need a really cheap electric bass guitar

Anonymous

:i need a bass guitar under $120.00 help!!!

Anonymous

: :i need i realy cheap electric guitar for about £40

Anonymous

: : :i need a really cheap electric bass guitar for about £40

Anonymous

im needing a very cheap stratacoustic guitar for under 120 dollars.can anybody help me???????????????????????

Anonymous

I just bought a guitar with "Lotus" on the headstock and I cant find any info on it anywhere! Ive never even heard of it! but it plays pretty decently. anybody have an answer?

Anonymous

I have a 1969 grade grand concert antonio hernandis guitar (grade2) in its original case in excellent shape. I am looking to sell it anyone have any suggestions on how to..

Anonymous

Hohner ST Special S - how much?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner ST Special S – how much?

Anonymous

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 position chicken head switch? Thanks

Anonymous

Go to http://www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars then on diagrams…. good luck : Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 position : chicken head switch? Thanks

Anonymous

I also have one of these guitars and would like to know if it has any value.

Anonymous

I want to change my guitar pick ups (epiphone lp custom, their sound is really crappy!), but I don’t have an idea of what I can buy. I want to obtain a sound,likeamerican hi-fi, simple plan, ecc… Should I use a seymour duncan or a gibson pu? Please help me! Thanx for your help!!!!

Anonymous

If you want good cheaper pickups, try Kent Armstrong, they do a direct replacement for that pickup, you can get the open or covered type (no sound difference) but if money is no object i’d go for the Seymour seth lovers, they are alnico magnet very close design to the PAF 55’s, they are very very good.

Anonymous

:alguien sabe español? bueno pues si alguien entiende quiero saber como puedo cambiar una single-coil por una humbucker. además quiero saber si hay diferencia entre las que se ponen en el final del mástil y las que se colocan al lado del puente, es decir si importa mucho que la ponga en el puente sin ser propiamente diseñada para el mástil. agradecido

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good free web sites for posting on the web, original guitar tracks, lead guitar solos to, multiple tracks ,for others to listen to. all original lead guitar solo work, no vocals, for fun. Thank you

Anonymous

I’ve been out on the net trying to put a date on my Les Paul via the serial number, alas I am getting nowhere. The headstock has a 2 on top and then directly beneath it 913288. Then Made in the USA beneath that. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi there Gordomatic!! Sorry to disapoint you, but I think your lp is a 1971-72, because the 68 hasn’t got the "made in usa" on the headstock. I hope its OK though. Flemming

Anonymous

913288 says its a 1968, dont know about the ‘2’ on top of that number though.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. I could’nt justify buying a book just for one guitar check. You rock!

Anonymous

My third and forth strings are always breaking at the saddle. There are no burs or anything on the saddle. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have the original saddle on the guitar. The guitar is only 2 or three years old, and was a $1100 guitar when I bought it. I have tried several different strings. I usually use Martin Marqui medium gauge. I’ve recently switched to Elixers. I can’t afford to put a set of $20.00 string s on my guitar every two or three weeks because of this problem though. I have been forced to switch to some cheaper strings until I can get this sorted out. Any help??

Anonymous

Report Reveals Secrets of String Breakage The document is available for download at no charge from Graph Tech. Visit their website at http://www.graphtech.com/requests, and enter reference number 7T3.

Anonymous

I love Alvarez guitars. I have a few but not your problem. I would have a good luther make a new saddle out of bone which will make the guitar sound better and help the string breakage. The angle might be cut wrong or are you tuning it correctly? : My third and forth strings are always breaking at the saddle. There are no burs or anything on the saddle. Does anyone know what might be causing this? : I have the original saddle on the guitar. The guitar is only 2 or three years old, and was a $1100 guitar when I bought it. I have tried several different strings. I usually use Martin Marqui medium gauge. I’ve recently switched to Elixers. I can’t afford to put a set of $20.00 string s on my guitar every two or three weeks because of this problem though. I have been forced to switch to some cheaper strings until I can get this sorted out. : Any help?? :

Anonymous

Boss GT-6 "Pedal Assign" Button Question

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss GT-6 "Pedal Assign" Button Question

Anonymous

http://guitargearnews.blogspot.com/ news of guitar and related equip. releases includes rss feeds

Anonymous

My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor : My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Thanks for your answer, Trevor! But it really didn’t work… i’m afraid that the problem is in the knife edge or in the screws. You see, it’s my first floyd rose guitar, and just after I bought it, tried to raise de string’s action with the guitar tuned… I’ve read that doing this can cause damage to the wrecks. What do you think, and what are your other tips? : Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor : : My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Well that changes it a bit, i think if you tried putting the action down agaoin it might work a bit, taking it in for a setup would fix it but its alot of money just to have it reset back to where it was, i would actually say play it with the nut open play for bout a minute, close it then tune it, my buddy showed me that, i thought itd go outta tune which it does, but retuning aint so hard afterword cause the strings are all slack and set so id try that, otherwise, try taking it in and havin the whole lot looked at, i dont have my manual yet but ill repost when i get it back from my cousin, Thanks, Trevor : Thanks for your answer, Trevor! : But it really didn’t work… i’m afraid that the problem is in the knife edge or in the screws. You see, it’s my first floyd rose guitar, and just after I bought it, tried to raise de string’s action with the guitar tuned… I’ve read that doing this can cause damage to the wrecks. What do you think, and what are your other tips? : : Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor : : : My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

go on trevor, help him out.

Anonymous

dear sir, I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952 it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Anonymous

Ok, I went to my books and looked this one up. Gibson made limited amounts of a 1952 Les Paul. They were all black or dark brown and had no serial numbers. They were all proto types and had a trapieze tail end on them unlike the later ones. 1953 was the first commerical year for the Les Pauls. If your guitar has the trapieze tail then you have one hell of a guitar and should go to a large music store and get it appraised. The book list it as $32,000.000 : dear sir, : I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952 : it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Anonymous

I have a new guitar that i just receieved for my birthday…i dont know whole lot about guitars but it seems to be painted over or the label was taken off…i can also not find a serial number…but i wouldnt know the first place to look either…i believe it is either a les paul or a memphis..

Anonymous

i agree with lee, sounds like a one off, my buddy suppos3edly has one, but then again he says he also has a designer series gibson explorer so who knows, go with lee, Trevor : dear sir, : I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952 : it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Anonymous

I’m afraid you don’t have a Les Paul. Gibson has always used stamped numbers on the headstock. I believe the first les Paul to be made was in 1954. You probably have a copy…. : dear sir, : I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952 : it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Anonymous

i think you have a one off. 1952?? nice.

Anonymous

Hi everyone, u might of seen me around here before asking about a Japanese Fender Strat.. and thanx for your help with that.. Well i have another question for you all concerning a Fender Acoustic, Model F-03, Serial No.8304784.. i was wondering where this dates from and what sort of money it is worth nowadays. My dad got it for dirt cheap and i know its worth more than that.. in total mint condition… Clapton had never sounded so good!! Any help will be greatly accepted.. Cheers, Liam

Anonymous

Hi everyone, u might of seen me around here before asking about a Japanese Fender Strat.. and thanx for your help with that.. Well i have another question for you all concerning a Fender Acoustic, Model F-03, Serial No.8304784.. i was wondering where this dates from and what sort of money it is worth nowadays. My dad got it for dirt cheap and i know its worth more than that.. in total mint condition… Clapton had never sounded so good!! Any help will be greatly accepted.. Cheers, Liam

Anonymous

epiphone acoustic question

This popular thread has been given its own page : epiphone acoustic question

Anonymous

same as sub

Anonymous

plz i need 2 kno what cabnet tom delonge uses

Anonymous

I have an older franciscan classical guitar model C108 that has been restored into very good condition. Does anyone know how much it might be worth?

Anonymous

I’ld be damned suprised to find one more look alike guy who looks like Stephen Stills of the CSN & Young group. We have three of the four look alike player/performers. I am the Crosby Guy, and if your the guy to play this part please reply, you’ll never regret it.

Anonymous

Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation for sale, click link for info.

Anonymous

I want to sell.

Anonymous

Just wondering

Anonymous

As you all know, this is not the "real Guitarman" this must be a joke….. : I want to sell.

Anonymous

hey well depending on what condition the guitar is in i think you could get anywhere from €300-€400 thats euros now… so you can do the math!!

Anonymous

i would love to know if anybody could possibly tell me how much a black Fender Mustang 1974 would be worth. PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous

$650

Anonymous

I wonder if anybody uses a subwoofer in their guitar amp set-up. Taking the signal and dividing it and sending the lows to a sub. My idea was to use a 4×12 and have the normal guitar signal coming out of it. Then taking a direct out signal from my power amp, into a crossover, then only taking the lows from the crossover and sending that to the powered sub. So that way I could blend in the extra sub freq.’s ever so slightly, as not to over power the regular signal. Just enough the add some oomph. And I’ve heard the "get a bass player" comment before so save it!

Anonymous

all you need is a marshall 2×12 or 4×12, any good quality (celestion) guitar speaker will give you all the frequences you want, why bother? if you want a sub buy an accoustic amp.

Anonymous

Not to shoot you down, but I have a crate amp with celestion speaks, and I’m not happy with the low frequency range…. i’m installing a 12" sub in place of one of the drivers and isolating that portion of the cabinet with a ported box. Crossover should work ok. Quote: ____________________________________________________ : all you need is a marshall 2×12 or 4×12, any good quality (celestion) guitar speaker will give you all the frequences you want, why bother? if you want a sub buy an accoustic amp. ____________________________________________________

Anonymous

does anyone have any info on this guitar please help

Anonymous

I’ve got this beautiful, small body single cutaway acoustic with under the bridge pickup, end pin jack and 4 band eq. It’s got an arched top and beautiful black finish with nice woodgrain. Comes with a deluxe case. Any idea of the value?

Anonymous

Hello Rory Fans! The 3rd Rory Gallagher Review will take place on September 11, 2004 in Wiesbaden. In the town, where Rory appeared 1979 for the third time in the Rockpalast, 2 bands will present a vigorous tribute concert. We from http://www.rorysfriends.de present: For the first time in Germany, the English group SINNERBOY from Manchester and the german group Remember RORY! This year, too, the net takings will be donated for charity. The donation will be presented to the Children’s Hospital Bärenherz "The support and relief of families with incurably sick children, even after their death, this is our concern!" Here, inpatient and outpatient children are accompanied until death as well as advising and accompanying the relatives. http://www.rorysfriends.de for the english-speaking fans, we have the details in english, they only must klick the banner. Many happy returns from Wiesbaden. Yours sincerely, 20$Bill and Sabine

Anonymous

Does anyone know where the Morris Web site it that shows their roundback modles?

Anonymous

excellent condition with case, red. $400. plus shipping and handling. call mon-fri 11:am – 5:pm central time, 217-222-1601

Anonymous

Please email me pictures, [email protected] : excellent condition with case, red. $400. plus shipping and handling. call mon-fri 11:am – 5:pm central time, 217-222-1601

Anonymous

Seriously?

Anonymous

This is a BASIC way to use them….Bear with me. Modes can be mixed in with pentatonic scales and such. The easiest way to apply them is to use the key that’s one whole step below. EXAMPLE:In A min. start with the G Aolien mode.You’ll notice that the half steps are already included in your A pentatonic scales! It’s simply a matter of how you choose to run the scale.You’ll also notice that the G Ionian fits nicely into the A pent. Scale(on the 5th fret).But….THIS WILL NOT WORK IF THE 4 CHORD(song)is D MIN.!! Because in A min…the F natural is a flat 6th and doesent work! So,in A min.you could run all the G major modes comfortably. WHY DO WE LEARN MODES?? Because it forces you to look at the guitar differently! You’ll have another approach to your guitar playing and it adds color to your riffs. Fortunatly,we guitarists can look at our instrument geometricly!In shapes and patterns.The modes will open up a new set for you.I’ll bet $50 the great George Benson will tell you the same thing! LEARN THEM,THEN FORGET ‘EM!! They’ll be there when you need ’em. Hpoe this helps

Anonymous

please elaborate.

Anonymous

: please elaborate. I mean MODES,HOW DO YOU USE THE DAMNED THINGS? My fingers can wiggle and I’ve memorized all these patterns and what not but HOW THE BLOODY HELL d’YA use ‘Em??????

Anonymous

what the hell is a mode? : My fingers can wiggle and I’ve memorized all these patterns and what not but HOW THE BLOODY HELL d’YA use ‘Em??????

Anonymous

One of my pickin’ buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin’ pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele’s and strats. Input please!? thx…………….Wayne

Anonymous

hrrrm : One of my pickin’ buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin’ pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele’s and strats. Input please!? thx…………….Wayne

Anonymous

A correction: The brand of this quitar is "Hamer" not "Honer" Thx……………..Wayne

Anonymous

: One of my pickin’ buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin’ pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele’s and strats. Input please!? thx…………….Wayne

Anonymous

Nope, rod em up with strat supplies, rod it up with EMGS or Hot opens, dont waste trime on duncans thatve been used already, wax would prolly need to be redone, just rod it with new supplies unless the duncans sound sweet. : : One of my pickin’ buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin’ pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele’s and strats. Input please!? thx…………….Wayne

Anonymous

where and how should i start playing and getting better

Anonymous

Hey, do yourself a favor and buy some cord books or download some tabs and learn the cords. Get some friends to help you out with barr cords. That’s how most of us started out.. : where and how should i start playing and getting better

Anonymous

I need a replacement scratch guard (white) original or as near as possible. Can anyone please help

Anonymous

I just ran across a Breedlove D2R acoustic. It played great….sweet sound from top to bottom. Does anyone know anything about Breedlove guitars and specifically the D2R model? Rick

Anonymous

very very good top quality instruments, ive played a couple and like you say they sound very sweet, if you want to know about them take a look at their website: http://www.breedloveguitars.com

Anonymous

I have a 1991 Acoustic/Electric Epiphone (Gibson) guitar model EO-2(EB). There is a butterfly and crescent moon decal on it. I bought it about 6 years ago and have no idea what it is worth.

Anonymous

: I have a 1991 Acoustic/Electric Epiphone (Gibson) guitar model EO-2(EB). There is a butterfly and crescent moon decal on it. I bought it about 6 years ago and have no idea what it is worth. There is one on ebay now going for 177.00. auction not over as of 08-19-04

Anonymous

Are all Japan made guitars good? I’ve been hearing excellent things about the Jackson RR3 im pretty sure they’re made in Japan.

Anonymous

Well, ive not heard them all yet! but from what ive played they are excellent, ive owned a few, mostly strats tele’s and tokai’s also maya, my friends have owned them and they are such good value for the money, sometimes the pickups can be a little iffy, some of the early tokais had this, but ive not played a bad one.

Anonymous

oh yeah man, esp japan made guitars are friggin awesome, squire is actually a japan made contribution to fender but considered starter levels, its just all round great guitars, like takamine, they kick ass, but thats my opinion, talk to the lee. Trevor : Are all Japan made guitars good? : I’ve been hearing excellent things about the Jackson RR3 im pretty sure they’re made in Japan.

Anonymous

Do you have a wiring diagram for the Ibanez Saber Roadstar Pro 540 `87 Model. That one with the 3 switches for the pickups ????

Anonymous

unusual guitar bodies???

This popular thread has been given its own page : unusual guitar bodies???

Anonymous

i have a guitar that i was wanting to find out more about. on the head, it says GEM. on the back of the head it has 2 stickers, 1 is "made in korea" and the other "wo. 21278". i was wondering when this guitar was made/any other information about it. maybe even if its worth anything at all. please email me with any information. thank you!!

Anonymous

heil sound talkbox ! horn driver ??

This popular thread has been given its own page : heil sound talkbox ! horn driver ??

Anonymous

Vintage Ibanez RG440 Roadstar II

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vintage Ibanez RG440 Roadstar II

Anonymous

are they good?…im really into the blues lately and im thinking about picking one up…

Anonymous

I used to build custom strats and I think the Mex strats kick ass. They are good quality and some have the wiring reversed that gives a funky sound. I’d go for it. I’d feel better buying a Mex strat for under $400 than an American one for over $600 because there is not a lot of difference. Good luck : are they good?…im really into the blues lately and im thinking about picking one up…

Anonymous

i have to disagree.. i’ve been in several shops and compared japanese, mex and us strats recently. There’s alot of difference in the feel and playability of the necks between these guitars. And the us pups tend to be brighter and more bell-like, like the vintage strats. They are also heavier cos they use denser wood. The build quality isn’t that different, i’ll admit, except where the strat deluxe is involved. But i don’t like those, they are way too heavy! Basically, i agree that the price of the us strats is too high. At least in the uk, it’s 350 pounds for a jap strat and like 700 pounds for a us, with a mex strat around 490. They’re all different and if u want a real bluesy sound or hendrix type sound, go for the us strat, the mex if you want rock, bright metal sounds. Some of the jap imports are pretty good actually, but then, you can get a yamaha strat type guitar like a pacifica 412 that will piss on a mex fender. And prob cheaper too…!

Anonymous

I have to agree with you, the mexacan is relly nice, its one of my favrits. I wold go with it. but the quality of the U.S is better.

Anonymous

Buy Japanese or US, the older jap models are excellent.

Anonymous

Where is a good place around Montgomery County, TN to buy a nice, yet cheap acoustic guitar?

Anonymous

i recently paid £10 for a hohner MC-05serial number 070160 in a junk shop i was wandering how old it is and how much it might be worth fully restored?

Anonymous

guitar strap dont fit.

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar strap dont fit.

Anonymous

I have just bought a ‘Westfeild mvg 300r’ guitar amp and all I know is it gives out 30watts of power. It looks fairly old but is in great condition, i would like to know anything about the make, (Westfield) and also how much it is actually worth, i cannot find anything from any search engine so i thought id ask u guys! Cheers.

Anonymous

hello I have an old Framus guitar No. 18387. full size fretboard but small body jazz cutouts in body plays beautiful but wouldlike some information on it if poss. please. Many thanks.

Anonymous

Does anyone know were i could find these online??? i’m Rewiring a friends bass for him and i need the diagram.

Anonymous

Hi I’ve got the full schematic for a 6 string washburn bantam bass let me know if you want it Joe : Does anyone know were i could find these online??? i’m Rewiring a friends bass for him and i need the diagram.

Anonymous

i have a guitar name "global sound morris" and it looks like new, have not played it since 1983 bought it 1982. do you know when it was made and if it is good type?

Anonymous

Lee you seem to know a bit about pedals n shit, what kind of pedal should i use to get that full old school metallica sound, id prefer the lead guitar sound, but if you know both of them do tell please, thanks much, Trevor

Anonymous

Thanks to all of yopu, i neeed a bit more help, i have a crate stealth 200 watt all tube amp and i have a digitech RP300 if you still think the boss MT-2 would sound good with my amp thanks, any suggestions are taken. Trevor : Lee you seem to know a bit about pedals n shit, what kind of pedal should i use to get that full old school metallica sound, id prefer the lead guitar sound, but if you know both of them do tell please, thanks much, Trevor

Anonymous

Acually,The Boss HM-2 was the main pedal of choice in the early days of Metallica.It’s got lots of thump(bass). Alan has a point too.It really depends on your amp,EFX mixing.In the studio these guys had all kindsa shit!So,mixing is key. BTW…I had the MT-2 and it drove me nuts.The parametric e.q. was a pain in the ass!! Plus,I thought the tone was a bit thin. Good Luck

Anonymous

A friend of mine was into Metallica and got a real good tone when he bought a boss metal zone MT-2, if you cant get it on that pedal you wont ever get it. longest sustains ive ever heard, you can realy fat the sound up too with its 3-band EQ.

Anonymous

well u can get it on any pedal its if your smart enough u can get the sound u want, they dont use the pedal lol so im sure u cna get the sound with out it. i use a dod multi fx pedal and a 7 band eq pedal and i get the sound and more, u just have 2 no wht 2 do with the tone and u cna get it with most pedals mess around

Anonymous

i want to get in touch with nicole cos i want her to be my role model

Anonymous

nobody cares : i want to get in touch with nicole cos i want her to be my role model

Anonymous

i have a framus accustic serial # 43972 it is a arch back and i bought it off of a colonol who said he bought it in bavaria from the factory in 1958 regretfully the col has passed away and i can get no more information on it. If anyone has info. or knows where i might locate information please contact me.

Anonymous

hey…i also hav an old framus.. mine has a fat bottom bit and 2 horn looking thingsfor the body..on this it has 2 f holes,2 pickups and a wammy bar that if its pulled too much pulls da whole string holder thing apart..it also has really old nobs such as T-, T+B-, T+B+, B-…and…0,I, II, II+I…and a volume nob.. enough about what it looks like…its serial no. is 52015 and it says the model is 17776-52..its made in bulgaria an all that too… What the hell is this and whr cn i find more info on this stuff…i’v already been to framus.com so dont say that.(althogh thats a good link too)…well thanx!!

Anonymous

: i have a framus guitar serial 046282 model731 from bavaria W. Germany. If anyone has info. or knows where i might locate information please contact me.

Anonymous

Guild acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guild acoustic

Anonymous

If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks.

Anonymous

: If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks.

Anonymous

I am not selling a guitar, but Costco sells the Fender Starcaster for $245, it includes an amp., bag, stand, and some other stuff.

Anonymous

: : If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks. What do you consider a decent price? I have one I could be convinced to let go of. Good condition, make a general offer.

Anonymous

I bought one Sunday at Costco w/amp for $249 U.S. in California…so far it plays good, but this is the first electric guitar I’ve gotten (have an acoustic Yamaha FG-402 for sale if anyones interested) so I don’t really have anything to compare it to.

Anonymous

I bought one Sunday at Costco w/amp for $249 U.S. in California…so far it plays good, but this is the first electric guitar I’ve gotten (have an acoustic Yamaha FG-402 for sale if anyones interested) so I don’t really have anything to compare it to.

Anonymous

I just bought two complete sets (incl. 15W RMS full-featured amps) at Costco in Ontario Canada for $369.99 CDN. Don’t know where you are but if in the USA, Costco likely has them there as well.

Anonymous

I have a Norman B-55 with #88 etched into the neck and body inside. Any way to tell more from those markings when it was manufactured? Also what kind of woods were used in the manufacture of the B-55? Any repsponses would be appreciated. Mick

Anonymous

search and buy honner the prinz

Anonymous

search and buy honner the prince

Anonymous

Brand new, $649 click link for info

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Can anyone help me with determining the year of this guitar? Lady Gibson B-25 3/4 Serial Number 280818. Any one know the value of it, it would be considered in good condition with original allegator case. Thanks

Anonymous

Try http://www.gibson.com/relations/faq.html#_9._How_can it’s that easy………….. : Can anyone help me with determining the year of this guitar? Lady Gibson B-25 3/4 Serial Number 280818. : Any one know the value of it, it would be considered in good condition with original allegator case. : Thanks

Anonymous

any info…value,student or vintage…anything!

Anonymous

I don’t want much… 1) I’m looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I’d be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us. 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I’d really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible. 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those. 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise. 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede…so I’m kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection. Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business. Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Anonymous

Love Hagstroms… have a few myself and a few for sale but not what you are looking for. I also heard that Hagstrom was back in business… good luck… : I don’t want much… : 1) I’m looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I’d be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us. : 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I’d really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible. : 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those. : 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise. : 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede…so I’m kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection. : : Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business. : : Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Anonymous

We dont give a fuck what you want or wish you could have, this is talk about guitars, not telling us what you want you greedy bastard. : I don’t want much… : 1) I’m looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I’d be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us. : 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I’d really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible. : 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those. : 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise. : 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede…so I’m kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection. : : Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business. : : Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Anonymous

Hey biteme, Someone ought too… the guy put out his wish list in hopes of someone having what he wanted and needed.. Get a life or go crawl back into the hole you came out of… As*hole.. : We dont give a fuck what you want or wish you could have, this is talk about guitars, not telling us what you want you greedy bastard. : : : I don’t want much… : : 1) I’m looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I’d be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us. : : 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I’d really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible. : : 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those. : : 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise. : : 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede…so I’m kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection. : : : : Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business. : : : : Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Anonymous

i need some advice on how to and where to buy this guitar from as i do not have enough money to buy brand new from jackson/charvel?

Anonymous

I have a near new condition charvel model 4 for sale if your interested. Trevor : i need some advice on how to and where to buy this guitar from as i do not have enough money to buy brand new from jackson/charvel?

Anonymous

Check it out on e-bay–do a search on ‘Bond electraglide’. Enjoy!

Anonymous

Fab condition, blonde wood purchased in 72 inlaid plays perfectly, email me with a $ or I will place it on ebay under miamistyles, no case. thanks, M

Anonymous

I have just bought a brand new Gretsch 6120. It is a beautiful guitar, very attractive with a really cool sound but I have noticed that this guitar tend to have little string buzzing. I have tried another Gretsch from a shop near London and the same buzzing occured. Is that normal? Do all Gretsch guitar have that string buzzing? I have changed the strings with light, it was buzzing even worse. What type/make/gauge of strings should I use/buy? Cheers

Anonymous

is it buzzing through the amp? or is it buzzing accousticaly? strings should’nt buzz through the amp, if it does then there is something wrong with your setup, thats strange on a new guitar, if it were mine i’d take it back to the shop and ask for it to be setup correctly, where did you buy it? cooks in west london? if its too much hassle taking it back then try a heavier gauge string, or raise the bridge/saddle a little, your action may be a little low, by putting a heavier string on you will pull the neck forward a bit and raise the action, strings are very much a personal choice, dont go fo the 2.99 a set strings, get a good brand, i prefer D’Addario EXL110 10-46 gauge, most shops have those.

Anonymous

I just moved to the Williamstown, MA area from Florida and am looking for musicians to jam with. I’m 45 years old young and been playing guitar and bass since I was 13. Can play many diferent styles, including contemporary rock, clasic rock, blues and R&B. In particular I’d love to find a drummer, bass player, keyboards and other guitar players to jam with. Rusty [email protected]

Anonymous

I just bought a new jazzmaster, a 1962 Cult Supremo Jazzmaster, and I was restringing it and the tremolo piece popped up and made a loud noise. Now I can’t keep the bridge up where i put the strings through and the tremolo thing is popping out sort of, too. It might not even be that big of a deal, but i just need to know how to fix it. Thanks.. Sorry If I sound like a complete idiot. It’s because I am when it comes to Jazzmasters. heh. Please help!

Anonymous

I have a D31s. Looks older, serial number 80640. It has all brass, frets, tuning keys, pegs for the strings, etc. and the washburn name in brass. The top looks like spruce, but the sides and bottom are a dark wood. Does anybody know anything about this model? Is it unusual? I saw a picture of the average D31s and it looks a lot different.

Anonymous

I have a neck-thru model with two humbuckers and a serial number on the back of the headstock C606571.Can someone please help me identify this!!

Anonymous

I would need pictures of it but i could identify it if i had pictures, go ahead and send them to me at, [email protected] : I have a neck-thru model with two humbuckers and a serial number on the back of the headstock C606571.Can someone please help me identify this!!

Anonymous

quiero saber si es original y americana una charvel serie C804806

Anonymous

I have Charvel guitar with serial number-1020385.Can someone tell me which model is this and how old???

Anonymous

i know you like your proco rats, and i will probably buy one soon, but i need to know a few things. Which one do you reckon has the least amount of distortion; i dont want to go psycho-metally just a bit grungy at the most, i would really like an ac/dc or aerosmith-y sound. Also which one has a lot of variety in its sounds and which one do you like the best? thanks very much. Sorry to add to the posts wanting to get a reply from lee

Anonymous

: sorry to bug, but does it "do" solos?

Anonymous

yes, it does it all, it wont do thrash metal, its not an ultra distortion, i generaly turn my amp (THD BiValve -30) up so that its on the edge of distortion, and then use my Turbo rat on about 1/3 gain with the level half way and the thing just sings, for solos just notch up the amp vol a touch, happy days.

Anonymous

Has to be the TURBO RAT, it has it all, ive used loads of different types and always come back to the turbo, its a little marvel, it will easily cover your ACDC sounds.

Anonymous

is there a website or summat where i can see some famous guitarists’ pedal boards? thanks

Anonymous

guitargeek.com

Anonymous

A local Shop (in the UK) is selling a second hand Yamaha CG 150 CAA Acoustic electric cutaway. What’s this guitar like I can’t find any details on the web and how much is it worth ?

Anonymous

I need to know witch famous musicians use starcasters

Anonymous

Pass

Anonymous

me

Anonymous

Hey, I wanna buy a Strat, i have a 500$ budget (give/take 100$) and i dont know which would be the best investement: an american, mexican etc. I’m looking for something that plays like butter and I’m not particulary familiar with the types of woods that are classic to the strat. I’m also afraid of the possible feedback of the guitar… i have a Marshall 15DFX amp and i dont know if there’s going to be unwanted noises

Anonymous

if you want a fantastic player, and a sound investment for your money, then go for a JV strat, japanese vintage strats hold their money like an SLK mercedes, buy one of those and watch it go up in value, you should get one for your budget, most strat players i know (i do own 2 japs) swear by them, avoid mexican, indian, chinese, and any US or Jap strat in a stupid colour or strange hardware configuration (Floyd rose and active pickups). So go toe joe !

Anonymous

Check these out! http://www.hotdotz.com COOL!

Anonymous

whats my fender worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : whats my fender worth?

Anonymous

Hey, i got a new guitar yesterday, but the main reason i bought it was for its appearence. it was $175 by the way. when i got home i realized it was a fender. Its a Fender Stratocaster Squier Bullet Series. I read somewhere that the bullet series is the cheapest the make, but i’m just wondering how much they’re worth. Its red with some white and the serial# is VN406469 and it was made in korea. i don’t know the year or anything, so any info would be helpful. thanx -Jess

Anonymous

Anybody know anything about this bass? Fender body style. If it’s in good shape is it worth $159 Canadian?

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to lower the string action on an Ovation acoustic? Is there a good website?

Anonymous

hi, I took the shims out from under the bridge/pickup and put ernie ball super slinky strings on. It now feels like an electric 6 string

Anonymous

: Does anyone know how to lower the string action on an Ovation acoustic? Is there a good website? Go the their website and download the owners manual for Ovation acoustics, it tells you how to remove shims from under the brige saddle to lower the action. I have done this and it works pretty well.

Anonymous

send me a hindi midi files very soon. i don’t know english very well. if there is on nistake please forgive me. thank you

Anonymous

please i want to download an mp3 downloader but i don’t know how?

Anonymous

Tele Plus wiring Diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tele Plus wiring Diagram

Anonymous

i bought a KAY bass guitar and know nothing about its value, orgin, or materials. Its in a SG style is red and has a single i’m assuming to be jazz type pickup. The rest of the bass guitar is unknow to me.

Anonymous

Recently purchased what was advertised as a 58 "Trutone" hollowbody electric. Plywood body, 3 pickups, f-hole. What little information I was able to find online suggests that it was made by either Harmony or Kay for Western Auto to sell. Some swine refinished it, sort of, and any identifying marks are gone. Anyone know anything at all about these?

Anonymous

First off, it’s not a plywood body… It could be made by Harmony or Kay but most likely Harmony. It was made to sell at western auto and if you had a model# I could tell you more. You can email me a pic at [email protected] and I can tell you more about it. : Recently purchased what was advertised as a 58 "Trutone" hollowbody electric. Plywood body, 3 pickups, f-hole. What little information I was able to find online suggests that it was made by either Harmony or Kay for Western Auto to sell. Some swine refinished it, sort of, and any identifying marks are gone. Anyone know anything at all about these?

Anonymous

Hey, It would be awesome if anyone could send me the sheet music for Rachel Lampa’s ‘Blessed’. I absolutely love the song! Thanks!

Anonymous

Brand New online auction site in Tallahassee, Florida! Free! Browse or list your gear for sale… See ya there! http://www.auctionnoles.com

Anonymous

Hi to all ! Im still searching for Vintage Ibanez Catalog from the Sixties. Originals or reprints or whatever you find. Let me know, if you found some one. Please send me pictures or a discription, whats printed inside. Many Thanks for help. Hasy

Anonymous

HI;I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT KORGA 5 EFFECTS PEDAL. PLEASE I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A LINK TO OBTAIN THE USER MANUEL. THANK YOU. I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Anonymous

Lee man, what happened to this room, where did all the superb questions of pickups and gibsons and ESP and vintage guitars go, where did the fun go, what has happened???

Anonymous

Dont know, ive just come back from a week in Spain and the whole worlds gone crazy.

Anonymous

So i noticed man. : Dont know, ive just come back from a week in Spain and the whole worlds gone crazy.

Anonymous

got a old framus #47664 and I’m trying to find informations about it.help is welcome thank you.

Anonymous

I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition. Thanks, Scott

Anonymous

: I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition. : Thanks, : Scott Scott, I entered the opening bid on a DY88SB on ebay, but will not bid further. I thought it was cool, but don’t really need another guitar right now. Check it out. Item number 3752064742 Ed Davies

Anonymous

: : I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition. : : Thanks, I have a DY88BL that is in show room condition. Also has a custom hard shell case. From the model number you should know it is the transparent blue and it is spotless. The guitar is two years old and never played out. I have another alvarez at the studio and I am regretfully letting this leave my collection. email me for further details and pictures. : : Scott : Scott, : I entered the opening bid on a DY88SB on ebay, but will not bid further. I thought it was cool, but don’t really need another guitar right now. Check it out. Item number 3752064742 : Ed Davies

Anonymous

I want free hindi mp3’s and Rapture dhol mix.

Anonymous

: I want free hindi mp3’s and Rapture dhol mix.

Anonymous

: : I want free hindi mp3’s and Rabbi Shergill’s new song,

Anonymous

: : i want to the the name of album of rapture dhol mix

Anonymous

Hi, Just spreading the word about my bass-led band, ThunderAlley. We have a downloadble mp3 of one of our demos ("Pathlight").

Anonymous

: Hi, Just spreading the word about my bass-led band, ThunderAlley. We have a downloadble mp3 of one of our demos ("Pathlight"). http://www.thunderalleyband.cjb.net

Anonymous

Need a pickup for a Westone Prestige 150. h/bucker type,i think it’s the same p/u as fitted to the Westone Prestige 150. and Rrainebow 1 and 11. 01473 714181

Anonymous

: Need a pickup for a Westone Prestige 150. : h/bucker type,i think it’s the same p/u : as fitted to the Westone Prestige 250. : and Rrainebow 1 and 11. : 01473 714181

Anonymous

KORG AX100G PATCHES

This popular thread has been given its own page : KORG AX100G PATCHES

Anonymous

Ovation guitar-model#1112-4

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation guitar-model#1112-4

Anonymous

I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture….hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????? Email me at [email protected]. Thanks!!!!

Anonymous

I want new guitars mentioned above so I can have different guitars all the time for my band called headbangersball.com so come to our new website!!!

Anonymous

: I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture….hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????? : Email me at [email protected]. Thanks!!!!I meant to say that the necks are fretless. Sorry ’bout that!

Anonymous

: : I have two all aluminum guitar bodies/strat style and two all aluminum necks. Both has been punched for pick ups/knobs, tremelo, etc. and for neck assembly. The necks are fretted. No serial numbers or any indication of manufacturer. Very light weight. Anyone know anything about these??? I was told they are mafia manufacture….hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????? : : Email me at [email protected]. Thanks!!!!I meant to say that the necks are fretless. Sorry ’bout that! they have no serial numbers because some one made them theirself. and they have no frets cause they were most likley jazz guitars and they have no frets

Anonymous

TO:" Old Surfer Dude"/Ventures Mosrite

This popular thread has been given its own page : TO:" Old Surfer Dude"/Ventures Mosrite

Anonymous

cmon somebody at least humour me, i need some ESP questions in here, its my proffession to actually know about them and my god someone has to have questions on them or at LEAST have an LTD by ESP. Trevor

Anonymous

cmon somebody at least humour me, i need some ESP questions in here, its my proffession to actually know about them and my god someone has to have questions on them or at LEAST have an LTD by ESP. Trevor

Anonymous

Can I get a valuation on my guitar? It is a 1991 Flame Top Fender Strat Ultra.

Anonymous

Can I get a valuation on my guitar? It is a 1991 Flame Top Fender Strat Ultra.

Anonymous

Tokai V Gibson

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tokai V Gibson

Anonymous

Has anyone tried out or heard any of these pedals by KR Musical Products like the"Megavibe"(69’univox Uni-vibe type pedal),"tremolo"(Tremface remake),"Doubler"(tychobrahe Octavia clone),Fuzz Child(Fuzzface si clone),& "Gypsy Fuzz"(band of gypies type fuzz tone)& how to order them? I’ve heard that they sound very authentic-like the records!

Anonymous

hello

Anonymous

theres a Squier Affinity Stratocaster at a near by used crap store but its a weirdo color…its like not quite white…not quite yellow…and the headstock is smaller..more like a fender headstock….anyone know anything about them?

Anonymous

you only need to look at the country it was made in, US – Mostly excellent Mex- OK Japan – All Excellent China – All Rubbish India – See China.

Anonymous

wiring diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : wiring diagram

Anonymous

Just bought a s/h Tanglewood Europa, and its FANTASTIC.Easy action, great sound, second to none build quality. But don’t know anything about it. Solid electric, maple neck, clear glaze burnt wood finish, gold everything, no scratch plate. 2 humbuckers (tunable pots) and single centre p/u. I’d like to know a bit of history, like when were these made, what did they retail for, what market was it aimed at. Great for metal no doubt but sound’s so sweet it outperforms my Strat on Shadows stuff. Anyone help please.

Anonymous

Hi, did you ever get any info on the tanglewood? It was my first electric, bought it back around 96/97. I have a white one. Still going. I contacted tanglewood but they had nothing on it.

Anonymous

Would any one help me find schematics for my guitar? I will appreciate it. Thanmks.

Anonymous

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a chord chart for a partial capo? Thanks Paul

Anonymous

I am trying to find a guitar player that I knew several years ago. His name is Tom Mince. He is probably about 30 now, and lived in Missouri the last time I saw him. His mothers name is Jeanie and I was her roommate for a while. He and I were very close freinds, but lost touch after I moved out of state. I miss him terribly. If you are him, or know him, please send a response to [email protected]

Anonymous

i need to know how much my american made fender strat is worth. all black, no pick guard, looks like ’80s model, very interesting pickups and fine tuners. thanks, M. W.

Anonymous

`Quero PAtchs para a minha pedaleira RP-10

Anonymous

hi im Looking for a Gretsch BST 1000 or 2000 or any model. if u have please respond to me at [email protected] for pics and price. thankyou

Anonymous

My husband had purchased this beautiful flat top 25 years ago and has prized it as a collector item. It has not been played much, unfortunately, but it is in fabulous condition with lovely plush hard shell case. If the price were right, I’d let it go, even though it is better than the other guitars I now have. Contact me if seriously interested only. Thanks. and be sure to register and vote!

Anonymous

can anyone help me identify my guitar? it has an AA on the headstock, an ebony thru-neck, maple body. It has no ther identifying marks. It was built in about 1982 an I purchased it brand new in the UK. the music store that i bought it from said it was an odyssey, but I have never seen another like it. If antone has any ides that I can research please let me know.

Anonymous

I can hep you but i need to see pictures of it before i can help identify it, send them to me at [email protected] : can anyone help me identify my guitar? it has an AA on the headstock, an ebony thru-neck, maple body. It has no ther identifying marks. It was built in about 1982 an I purchased it brand new in the UK. the music store that i bought it from said it was an odyssey, but I have never seen another like it. If antone has any ides that I can research please let me know.

Anonymous

Imported guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Imported guitars

Anonymous

Help! Help! I need some information. I inherited an obviously old small (3/4?) thin acoustic blond Höfner jazzguitar with F-keyholes. On the back of the headstock I can make out ‘oU 863’. 14 frets till the cutaway body, no dots on the frets but white plastic(?) stripes. double ones on the 3d, 5th and 7th fret, after that single stripes on the 9th, 12th and 15th. Arched back. Höfner (with Umlaut)is written on the vertical wooden shield on the headstock and on the see-through plastic(?) guard. F-holes and front and bick with white binding. No truss rod. Simple, trapeziumformed tailpiece. No visible signs that there ever was a pickup installed. On the headstock is the name of a Dutch musicshop, that closed its doors over 20 years ago. Shopkeeper dead. Does this ring a bell?!?!?! Please help me identify this charming isntrument!

Anonymous

I have a Passac EC-1 preamp. Works great, need to set it up for a National Steel Body. Lost the instructions. Where can I get a copy of the instructions, or can anyone help me. It is an old peice of gear, purchased 13 years ago. It has 4 micro switches inside as well as resonance and balence controls on the outside. Please help….send email to [email protected] Please Help Thanks Joel

Anonymous

I am looking for a washburn wp-80 I plan to refinish it so paint condition can be poor as long as there are no serious wood damage. plese send pics and how much you are asking to [email protected] I will be active on this forum so if you have recording mastering or the such please ask I will try and help. htpp//:rleegroup.com

Anonymous

I have a wp-80 !!! What do you want to know about this guitar ?

Anonymous

I need an amp that will give me a nice smooth distortion for the new (not NU!) metal band i am in which i play rhythm in, any recommendations

Anonymous

Well metal players usually choose one of 4 amps, The mesa boogie triple rectifier with solo head, or the double rectifier with solo head, or the marshal MF350 or marshal’s 2203X, i dont have enough money for any of those but id personally go for the mesa triple rectifier but thats because im a metallica fan, thanks much, Trevor : I need an amp that will give me a nice smooth distortion for the new (not NU!) metal band i am in which i play rhythm in, any recommendations

Anonymous

dont listen to that metallica fan fool a head an cab are v.expensive. buy a line6 spider amp(or the line 6 spider amp mark 2 is out now) these are modelling amps which give you a range or tone, the distortion on the spider amp(insane) is 2nd to none the amp will cost round £200(50w) – £299(100w) these our the prices for the mark1 not mark 2. if you already have an amp buy a boss metal zone pedal. hope this helps

Anonymous

hi all – i’m in posession of a japanese fender p-bass. it’s black with a black scratch plate. the only identifying mark is a serial number on the headstock (1008153). the neck plate just says fender. i cannot find any reference to this on any site. the only thing that comes close is guitar.about.com which suggests this could be a PB62-70US model. does this mean it’s a re-issue? please help me, i love this guitar and desperately need to get it insured as i’m gigging loads at the moment and don’t want to be able to replace it with something similar if (hope this never happens) i loose it… cheers justin

Anonymous

http://guitargearnews.blogspot.com/ timely news of guitar and related equip releases. includes rss feeds

Anonymous

Has anyone else played the Dobro Hound Dog out there? That’s a sweet guitar isn’t it? A friend of mine bought once a couple weeks ago, I love it. Im seriously conciderring buying one, they sound and play great! If you havent heard about them or heard them, this is a definate must to check out.

Anonymous

i have had a francisco navarro grand concierto (top solid spruce, back and sides: brazilian rosewood) classical for over a year now, and im still inlove with it, i wanna know if someone who has seen or own a francisco navarro’s guitar share my same opinion

Anonymous

I have a Epiphone SG an i want to replace the pickups with some EMGs..my question is..can i put the pick up coverers on over the EMGs? and will it make a difference in sound? because i notice alot of guitarists keep the EMG pickups uncovered…but i think it’ll take away from the look of the SG. and also, what about Seymour Duncans…can you cover those without altering the sound?

Anonymous

if you take a standard gibson humbucking pickup like a 490r (SG standard pickup) and take the covers off it makes no difference to the sound, some people say it does, i cant hear a difference, dont know about the EMG’s are they active?? maybe that makes a difference, whats wrong with the SG pickups? that guitar is one of the best rocking guitars of all time. Lee

Anonymous

Never took the covers off any of my EMG’s but i took them off of my buddies explorer because he wanted to "fool" people into thinking it was stock and it took away from the sound a bit because it didnt cover as big a range as it was made too, in the end he lost a little top and and got rattly clean end. Trevor : if you take a standard gibson humbucking pickup like a 490r (SG standard pickup) and take the covers off it makes no difference to the sound, some people say it does, i cant hear a difference, dont know about the EMG’s are they active?? maybe that makes a difference, whats wrong with the SG pickups? that guitar is one of the best rocking guitars of all time. : Lee

Anonymous

I have a Vantage 718DT-1 serial #106486 for sale. I got it in ’91, I’m the only owner it’s ever know. This guitar has been modified to have tone control on the bridge pickups, which are Humbuckers that can be switched on and off. The other two pickups are single coil. Still the original flawless paint job which is colored black with a bronze design on it. Any specs anyone can tell me about would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

IM interested, send me soem pictures with the price, [email protected] , thanks, trevor : I have a Vantage 718DT-1 serial #106486 for sale. I got it in ’91, I’m the only owner it’s ever know. This guitar has been modified to have tone control on the bridge pickups, which are Humbuckers that can be switched on and off. The other two pickups are single coil. Still the original flawless paint job which is colored black with a bronze design on it. Any specs anyone can tell me about would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

brand new, click link for info

Anonymous

wonderful

Anonymous

Marshall JMP50 and cabinet off some old dude for 300 bucks Canadian. Its from 1978 but the guy said he stopped playing about 15 years ago and its pretty much been just sittin there. Its in pretty much mint condition, he bought it new he said, used to be in some kinda country band. anyway, not a lot of featured but i dont really care, for that price…it’ll get me by.

Anonymous

Great amp, not the best choice, but very good amp. well done, the only problem you may have is with the output valves, bu they are not too expensive to replace. Lee

Anonymous

it seems that many people i know have problems with the intonation of the g-string and the g-string alone on electric guitars, it just always seems to be wrong…. any advice?

Anonymous

another problem aired, another problem solved, check this out my friend, this will definatly solve all your problems.. http://www.buzzfeiten.com/ lee (another satisfied customer i feel)

Anonymous

How's my Framus?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How’s my Framus?

Anonymous

GIANNINI GUITARS KICKS OFF RETURN TO US MARKET João Bosco and Gonzalo Rubalcaba turned in a historical, stellar performance at the TAM Theater in Miami on June 29th, entertaining the sold out event with their unique combination of the best of Brazilian and Cuban music. The show started with Gonzalo Rubalcaba, renowned Cuban pianist and multi Grammy winner, playing several solo pieces. João Bosco then entertained the audience with numerous solos, before being joined by the remainder of his quartet. For the final hour plus of the event, Rubalcaba and João Bosco’s quartet turned the evening into a crowd pleasing Brazilian/Cuban jazz fest with impressive individual performances. Bosco, who endorses Brazil’s Giannini guitars and strings, has become known worldwide as one of the most inspiring and original Brazilian artists. A virtuoso guitarist and outstanding composer, he has worked with most of Brazil’s top musicians as well as several international stars including Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour, John Patitucci, and Michael Brecker. João Bosco’s quartet initiated the tour in Miami, which also includes shows in San Francisco, the Montreal Jazz Festival, and a European tour culminating with the Montreux Jazz Festival. The Miami concert marked the return of Giannini Guitars to the US market after nearly a decade-long absence. At the end of the event, João Bosco presented a lucky attendee and die heart fan with an autographed Giannini Classical Guitar. ETROS Music will begin distributing Giannini Guitars in the US in July. Giannini Guitars are “Crafted with a Brazilian Soul” and the line includes a wide variety of acoustic and acoustic electric models, from student guitars to all solid handcrafted instruments, including the unique Craviola® widely popular in the ’70’s & 80’s. For more information on Giannini Guitars, contact ETROS Music at (954) 746-2777 or [email protected].

Viewing 234 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.