Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Need Info please!

Sounds like an epiphone explorer but you never described the body, i wanna say its an epiphone gothic explorer/FR (FR meaning floyd rose trem system) if your guitar actually is an epi explorer, they are really nice guitars, a cheap alternative to a gibson explorer, and easily customizable without worry of ruining it.send pictures, Trevor

: Hi I bought this really sick black Epiphone guitar but I don't know the history to it. Can someone please help me on this? I will try to describe the guitar to you as best as I can. It is a solid body with one humbucker and two single coils. The Neck looks like and Explores necks it has black hardware like a Gothic series. The fret board is made out of fose wood, oh and the body has a licnesed Floyd Rose.

The body style of my guitar really doesn't have the X shape like the explorer really has. It has more of a Ibanez shape expect without the sharp edges. Its really nice and it does have the FR on it. The strange thing it has rare locking for the FR and only eight serial numbers on the neck.

Yes, I am sorry I forgot to add one more thing the body also looks like the fat epiphone model its had the one humbucker to single coils. The body also has a five way switch and two knobs one for tone and volume. Its sick dude I need to get a camera and take pic. Thanks for your help on this.

Lee!

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Lee!

The Randall looks OK, it all depends on whats good to your ear, i always say if you play it and it sounds good to you, then buy it. Ive never played a Randall, they look as if the metal players use them, so if you like that dimebag type of music then go for it, it wont let you down, but ask yourself why you dont see much Randall about? why does everyone play a Marshall head and stack? why dont the pro's play an Epi les paul? why do they play Gibson les pauls? is the Randall a Valve amp? 200 watts? is it Solid state? how many players use solid state amps? if you want a heavier sound try pushing a good quality distortion pedal through the front of the marshall amp. You should do some research into the sound the you want, look into what your fav players are using, maybe go from there, but dont rush into anything.

Lee

Re: Lee!

Good call guys, the Randall really is awesome, but probably would be better suited for metal. I think im gonna take another look at the Marshalls.

: The Randall looks OK, it all depends on whats good to your ear, i always say if you play it and it sounds good to you, then buy it. Ive never played a Randall, they look as if the metal players use them, so if you like that dimebag type of music then go for it, it wont let you down, but ask yourself why you dont see much Randall about? why does everyone play a Marshall head and stack? why dont the pro's play an Epi les paul? why do they play Gibson les pauls? is the Randall a Valve amp? 200 watts? is it Solid state? how many players use solid state amps? if you want a heavier sound try pushing a good quality distortion pedal through the front of the marshall amp. You should do some research into the sound the you want, look into what your fav players are using, maybe go from there, but dont rush into anything.

: Lee

Damn Lee!?

Man lee your beatin me to every inquiry here man, wish i was on more often i hardly have time to even read what you guys say to one another, oh well, Lee do you know where i could find the KH spider decal by pushead (like the one on the ESP KH-3) im lookin for a decal that looks like that to put on my flying v between the humbuckers ebcause its empty right there, ok thanks man, cheers. Trevor

Re: Damn Lee!?

Go to either www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.com type in
'decal' on the search, and modify it to musical instruments, there are a good few on there. not many ESP but you should e-mail the sellers and ask them for what you want, they should have it.

Lee.

Les Paul Classic vs. SG standard

Les Paul Classic vs. SG standard

This popular thread has been given its own page : Les Paul Classic vs. SG standard

F hole used guitar

I am looking for a F hole Jumbo acoustic used guitar, preferably Gibson or Hofner

Re: F hole used guitar

why dont you try ebay.com

Re: F hole used guitar

Go to www.comparethevalue.com and look at my Harmony 1310. It compares with any Gibson archtop and much better than a Hofner. Made around 1955, it sings and has a carved top...

: I am looking for a F hole Jumbo acoustic used guitar, preferably Gibson or Hofner

gt-3 metal patches!

iv tried to make few patches on my own, but they doesn't sound very marvellous. so can any1 send(or give url) to som good death/black/heavy metal patches!?

my email is: masta_epeli@jippii.fi

fender p bass 1970's

Hello: I am looking for an estimated value of an early 70's fender p bass, with original chrome bridge cover, I believe the bass neck was replaced with a 1974 bass neck, but the bass itself is around a 1972. how can I find out?

epiphone chet atkins sst solidbody acoustic

epiphone chet atkins sst solidbody acoustic is it any good.how does it compare to the godin acoustics and fernandez etc.
thanx
tuki

Re: epiphone chet atkins sst solidbody acoustic

try harmony-cebtral.com for reader reveiws

Unusual Lyle Guitar

I Found This At A Pawnshop:Neck That Runs Through Body...24 Frets...Gold Grovers...2 Humbucking PUs...Cream Covers...Strip Down Center Of Mohagany Body.
Need To Know What This Axe Is.

Epiphone G 400 vs G 400 Custom

First of all are these good guitars? and second, is there any difference between the two besides the custom having 3 humbuckers?

Re: Epiphone G 400 vs G 400 Custom

forget that epi stuff and get a real gibson SG, get a 2nd hand one, they dont cost as much as you think.
Lee

What about the Gibson SG Special...the one thats like 650 bucks?

: forget that epi stuff and get a real gibson SG, get a 2nd hand one, they dont cost as much as you think.

see my other post

Cimar cw 300 acoustic

I was wondering if anyone knew the specs on this guitar or how much its worth. i have one. PLease email me at
Battlefieldmedicine@yahoo.com

Hey Lee, Help me

Hey Lee,
I have over 75 guitars and can't stop buying them... is there some kind of medicine out there that can help me stop? I also have a wood guitar with 5 strings on it, can you tell me what it's worth? I also have one guitar with the numbers on it 54912. What's it worth? Maybe you can come over my house and polish all my guitars because I can't find a rag.... Also, all my guitars need new strings and need to be tuned so bring a tuner and some strings.... Also, Should I buy a Fender or a Dean guitar? I got a beer for ya that I've been saving for 20 years....

Re: Hey Lee, Help me

:At last, someone on the same wavelength!! 5 strings on a wood guitar? ok a dollar for the strings, and 2 dollars for the wood, you can see what i mean? some people just cant help themselves can they?
' oh yeah man, i got a guitar, (i think its a guitar) its like old, (i say its old cos its been in the f%%%ing basement for 2o years and is warped to shit) you know, and like , my gran owned it for 50 years and her gran owned it (i stole it from my grans basement, i need a new pair of jogging pants, and shes going off her head so she wont know its gone) and its like red, (probably the only observation thats right) and like has these silver things on it, (strings) ok dude like how much is it worth? (i cant be arsed to take it to a dealer cos its so much easier to ask you)

UUURRRRRGGGHHHHHHH !!

Lee

Re: Hey Lee, Help me

Wow completely lost, Trevor

: :At last, someone on the same wavelength!! 5 strings on a wood guitar? ok a dollar for the strings, and 2 dollars for the wood, you can see what i mean? some people just cant help themselves can they?
: ' oh yeah man, i got a guitar, (i think its a guitar) its like old, (i say its old cos its been in the f%%%ing basement for 2o years and is warped to shit) you know, and like , my gran owned it for 50 years and her gran owned it (i stole it from my grans basement, i need a new pair of jogging pants, and shes going off her head so she wont know its gone) and its like red, (probably the only observation thats right) and like has these silver things on it, (strings) ok dude like how much is it worth? (i cant be arsed to take it to a dealer cos its so much easier to ask you)

: UUURRRRRGGGHHHHHHH !!

Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

guitar stand article

I can't get the guitar stand article to open. Any help?

Need Info Please!

Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don't know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

Re: Need Info Please!

kinda sounds like a kramer but i couldnt tell ya,sorry. Trevor

: Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don't know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

Re: Need Info Please!

Get some pictures and email them to me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com and ill research your guitar for ya. Trevor

: kinda sounds like a kramer but i couldnt tell ya,sorry. Trevor

: : Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don't know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

baby bison bass

I'm interested in a particular factory finish in saw on a Baby Bison Bass back in the early 70s. As best I can remember it was sort of a frosted purple-pink-natural sunburst. I know it sounds like hell, but it was beautiful. I need to get some photos of this so I can refinish my guitar. Can you help?

Jeff

HELP!!! IM STUPID!!!

ok. so, i'm a newer guitar player. i've only been playing about a year and i just got my first gig amp. can somebody tell me what reverb and all that stuff is. and can someone also tell me how a foot switch works and how to turn the distortion on because i dont see a button. i have a 'peavey bandit 112' if that helps any...thanks.

Re: HELP!!! IM STUPID!!!

112 is a great gigging amp, one of the best around for all round sound, it aint no marshall but it can do a fair impression, it has a very good clean sound too, you have reverb in your case spring reverb, it adds a little tight echo effect, sound you get in an empty room, i never use it live but sounds ok when using as a practice amp, you have 2 channels, clean and distorted, the footswitch flips between the 2 channels, set your amp up for the amount of distortion by turning the 'gain' knob around. i think you have bass, mid, and treb for your amp tone, as far as i remember the bandit is an 80 watt output (plenty for club pub gigs) through a single speaker, and is a transistor amp with a valve preamp, which means your distortion channel will go through the vavle preamp but the clean will just use the tranistor preamp, in other words you get a great little amp for the money.
Lee.

Re: HELP!!! IM STUPID!!!

Hey Lee,
You have patience... I would have told him to read the manual....

: 112 is a great gigging amp, one of the best around for all round sound, it aint no marshall but it can do a fair impression, it has a very good clean sound too, you have reverb in your case spring reverb, it adds a little tight echo effect, sound you get in an empty room, i never use it live but sounds ok when using as a practice amp, you have 2 channels, clean and distorted, the footswitch flips between the 2 channels, set your amp up for the amount of distortion by turning the 'gain' knob around. i think you have bass, mid, and treb for your amp tone, as far as i remember the bandit is an 80 watt output (plenty for club pub gigs) through a single speaker, and is a transistor amp with a valve preamp, which means your distortion channel will go through the vavle preamp but the clean will just use the tranistor preamp, in other words you get a great little amp for the money.
: Lee.

never mind the BULLOCKS, heres a quiz.

a bullock is about to plough a field, the field is 100 metres long, and 25 metres wide, with each step the bullock takes it moves forward 1 metre, the plough itself is 2.5 meters wide, if the bull started in the bottom left corner, and exits at the top right corner, how many hoof prints will be left in the field after it is ploughed??
it is the european type bullock with the standard 4 hoofs, not a custom with 5 hoofs and a gold bell, or a special with 3 hoofs and one eye.

any answers???

Lee

best copy guitar

in 1983 i bought a TEMPEST strat copy.it cost £128:00p
(a fair bit then young 'uns!!)..black,maple neck,sounded like a strat but felt better than many.
i let it go for beer money when i fell in a trench..22 years later i got it back for 1 pint!! it played better but the electrics were half dead..(still are)i got new machine heads etc it tunes fine..when i repair/replace the electrics my TEMPEST strat copy
will be in with a shout for best copy in .....?

Re: best copy guitar

Huh?,
Must not be from around here....

: in 1983 i bought a TEMPEST strat copy.it cost £128:00p
: (a fair bit then young 'uns!!)..black,maple neck,sounded like a strat but felt better than many.
: i let it go for beer money when i fell in a trench..22 years later i got it back for 1 pint!! it played better but the electrics were half dead..(still are)i got new machine heads etc it tunes fine..when i repair/replace the electrics my TEMPEST strat copy
: will be in with a shout for best copy in .....?

Re: best copy guitar

right.

NorMa guitars

I think i have a norma semi hollow, i got it from a friend for free, and he said he got it for five bucks. the neck doesnt look entirely original though. it has two z type black pickups, a rotary switch to select between each part of the split coil, and a switch to select all the pickups. the neck inlay are N's and it has two f holes. if anyone has a guitar similar to this description, or has pictures of any normas (or other brands) that look like this, please email me at funkymunky87@hotmail.com

Pick Scratches On Body

I noticed the other day I have a few light to medium scratches of the body of my lacquer bodied Strat while playing the other day. Does anyone have any tips as to how to remove these? Will the Fender Instrument Care Kit that boasts "will remove sweat stains, oil, and light scratches" do the trick? HELP NEEDED, PLEASE!

Re: Pick Scratches On Body

Jesus man dont cry over a few scratches, its only a fender, anywyas, yes depending on how well you buff it and shit that kit will work, i use it for the belt scratches on the back of my 85 charvel when i show it off at guitars shows. Trevor

: I noticed the other day I have a few light to medium scratches of the body of my lacquer bodied Strat while playing the other day. Does anyone have any tips as to how to remove these? Will the Fender Instrument Care Kit that boasts "will remove sweat stains, oil, and light scratches" do the trick? HELP NEEDED, PLEASE!

Re: Pick Scratches On Body

all those scratches add character, take a look at SRV's strat, or Rory Gallagher's.
Lee

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.