Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: CARLO ROBELLI A/E GUITARS?

Actually I own 2 of the basses, an acoustic and an 8 string bass. You can not beat these for the money. Very good quality. I'm now looking into getting some for my guitar and bass students.

: are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

Answer: To answer your question, Carlo Robelli gutars are great! I just played one last week and it played like a $2500 Taylor. I am buying one next week!

: are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

i have a carlo robelli hallow electric and thuroughly enjoy it. I have been playing countless years and although there are better like les pauls and some fender teles and such, i still like playing a carlo

I am looking at a Robelli C 3905EQ classical electric. Does anyone know anything about this guitar? Is it good enough for an inermediate player?

Fingerpicking your guitar? Try the TENOR banjo!

If you are fingerpicking guitar player and want to play banjo, try to fingerpick the TENOR banjo. With the regular bass-to-treble order of string (no misleading thin string on bass side) tenor banjo enables you to transfer fingerpicking patterns from and to guitar.

On tenor banjo retuned to open G tuning DGdg you can play bluegrass, old-time, Travis picking and more.
Look at http://www.geocities.com/patekstylebanjo with tabs and midi files.

lyric interpretation of Stairway to Heaven

Anyone have any ideas of where to get lyric interpretation to Stairway to Heaven?

Re: lyric interpretation of Stairway to Heaven

http://www.led-zeppelin.com/EMl4.html

: Anyone have any ideas of where to get lyric interpretation to Stairway to Heaven???? I really need them

http://www.spookypie.com/stairway.html

: http://www.spookypie.com/stairway.html
kgvygvygvy

Follow http://www.spookypie.com/stairway.html

Hey he needs the INTERPRETATION of Stairway to heaven, not the lyrics.
And i need it too.

What's this Strat?

I have a Strat copy but not sure of the make. On the headstock someone has painted over the original name with an attempt to mimmick the word "Fender" as it is written on an original but as I say this is an attempt.
What I can't understand is underneath the imitation Fender logo is the word "Stratocaster" in perfect print. This definately hasn't been painted on. On a closer look there are traces of another word before the word "Stratocaster" but this has been removed. The only thing I can think of is it is a Squire. Would these have had "Stratocaster" written along the bottom of the headstock? It has a number on the chrome plate at the back of the neck "942457". I've had the neck off but this reveals nothing. Any help appreciated.

Re: What's this Strat?

: I have a Strat copy but not sure of the make. On the headstock someone has painted over the original name with an attempt to mimmick the word "Fender" as it is written on an original but as I say this is an attempt.
: What I can't understand is underneath the imitation Fender logo is the word "Stratocaster" in perfect print. This definately hasn't been painted on. On a closer look there are traces of another word before the word "Stratocaster" but this has been removed. The only thing I can think of is it is a Squire. Would these have had "Stratocaster" written along the bottom of the headstock? It has a number on the chrome plate at the back of the neck "942457". I've had the neck off but this reveals nothing. Any help appreciated.
DUDE SOMTHING FISHY IS GOING ON. DON'T KNOW THE CERCUMSTANCES OF HOW YOU AQUIRED THIS GUITAR---BUT LET IT BE SAID THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF PEAPLE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO SELL YOU SOMETHING THAT IS FALSELY REPRESENTED. THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHATS GOING ON HERE. I'D HAVE TO BRUSH UP ON MY SERIAL #'S---BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A 94. WERE THERE ANY LETTERS IN FRONT OF THE SERIAL #? THE NECK PLATE COULD HAVE BEEN ADDED LATER---TRY CHECKING THE PICKUPS AND PICKUP CAVITIES FOR ANY CLUES TO THE MANUFACTURER AND YEAR. THAT WILL HOPEFULLY TELL YOU SOMTHING ABOUT THE BODY---HOW ABOUT THE HARDWARE,---TREM, TAILPEICE, TUNERS. IS IT A ROSEWOOD OR MAPLE FINGERBOARD? IF ITS MAPLE, DOES IT HAVE A SKUNK STRIPE ? HOW BIZZARE!!!

I answer questions for a while

Hey everyone this is Trey Azagthoth of Morbid Angel. I've wondered into this site to answer any questions you may have about the music industry, recording, guitars, and anything in between.

Re: I answer questions for a while

i work swing shift in a casting plant....i don't have time to be in a band...it's hard enough to find people who'll even just jam with me....anyway..i'm always coming up with some cool riffs and grooves,and i'm gonna get a recorder sometime soon to start catching some ideas....how the hell do i get anyone to hear it???-record companies or talent scouts or whatever...
or even just someone like you who's a pro guitarist...
or anyone else for that matter...?:)

Re: I answer questions for a while

well........i guess you're done answering the questions already,huh?

lol

: hey trey, are you gay ? what do you have to say trey ?, have a nice day trey. love Bob. ps. your band is crap!!!!

question to trey azagthoth

Hey, i'm an italian death metal guitarist. I have to buy a new amp: what tipe do you think is better for me: a power amp with a preamp or an head?
can youtell me some model you thik is good?
thanks
: Hey everyone this is Trey Azagthoth of Morbid Angel. I've wondered into this site to answer any questions you may have about the music industry, recording, guitars, and anything in between.

Re: question to trey azagthoth

Trey,
How are you? I've followed your successes, philosophies, stuff like that...You really did it Trey! You new. All along you new that music and learning and teaching would be your life and brother I hope you feel the dream that you're living! Later, Adam

hail!

hi trey.i'm jim from greece.i'm a fan of morbid angel since 1991.the reason that i'm sending you this msg is just to tell you that i LOVE your music and that i can wait to see you again in greece.

Answers wanted

Nobody use to answer on this group !!
Sorry to say this but i thought it would be more easy to get some answers to our "guitars" problems.
Anyway i´ll wait a little while.

Re: Answers wanted

yeah, instead we get to listen to bob the bang nob write random shit all over the place

poket pedal

hi wher can i find the poket pedal made by anatek thank you

Fender Strat (Jap) query

I have a Jap Strat with a locking nut, hybrid tremelo & the plug lead on the edge of the body. I think it goes back to the 80's but I would like to know more about it (eg actual year, number made, collector value, honest opinions, spare parts etc) Has anyone replaced the locking nut or tremeloe?

Re: Fender Strat (Jap) query - Tremeloe arm needed

I too have a Fender Strat (Japan)with a plug on the body edge. Mine is all black including the temeloe arm which has gone missing. Local dealers tell me they can't provide a proper size 'snap in' arm in black or even silver. I have been advised that Fender 'Elite' series arms will fit but they are also unavailable. This guitar has a Floyd Rose style floating bridge, single hum bucking pick up, and locking strings with tuning at thr bridge. All hardware is black and the neck is rosewood. I too would like info on this guitaer and advice on whwere to get a proper tremeloe arm. -- e mail rdanell@shaw.ca

: I have a Jap Strat with a locking nut, hybrid tremelo & the plug lead on the edge of the body. I think it goes back to the 80's but I would like to know more about it (eg actual year, number made, collector value, honest opinions, spare parts etc) Has anyone replaced the locking nut or tremeloe?

Re: Fender Strat (Jap) query - Tremeloe arm needed

: I too have a Fender Strat (Japan)with a plug on the body edge. Mine is all black including the temeloe arm which has gone missing. Local dealers tell me they can't provide a proper size 'snap in' arm in black or even silver. I have been advised that Fender 'Elite' series arms will fit but they are also unavailable. This guitar has a Floyd Rose style floating bridge, single hum bucking pick up, and locking strings with tuning at thr bridge. All hardware is black and the neck is rosewood. I too would like info on this guitaer and advice on whwere to get a proper tremeloe arm. -- e mail rdanell@shaw.ca

:
: : I have a Jap Strat with a locking nut, hybrid tremelo & the plug lead on the edge of the body. I think it goes back to the 80's but I would like to know more about it (eg actual year, number made, collector value, honest opinions, spare parts etc) Has anyone replaced the locking nut or tremeloe?

I have a jap strat too. I think the year might be '85 but i'm unsure. the serial number is E605979. Could any one tell me how much this is worth. it is in excellent condition

Why Boss sucks

It seems to be a love/hate relationship with Boss.
At one time the rock solid boss pedals where a hit, but now with companies accually caring what the musician wants, Boss is lagging terribly.

I recently called Bossus about their RC-20 loop station. I had a very simple suggestion for the unit.

They thanked me very very much for calling them and then really acted like they didn't care what the musician end user wants in a unit. It seems they think the musician exsists to serve Boss rather than the other way around. I hope they wise up before they lose enough market share to go belly up.

I am only a musician at this time. That is my income.
That income is based on me making music. I need tools and Boss doesn't listen.

Dive-bomb

i am curious how to acheive that dive-bomb effect that halen and others do. do you depress the whammy before and hit a harmonic or what? i have a double-locking trem - will it ruin the trem if you depress it to the body of the guitar?

Re: Dive-bomb

I have the same kind of guitar with the double lock, a grg270, i wouldnt push it to the body, but you dont have to any way

hughes and kettner (warp 7)or marshall avt150

i am looking for a new halfstack and narrowed it down to 2 and was just curious in opinion which would be the best one for metallica type music but i also like to play alot of van halen type music also.i heard the warp 7 is mostly for metal but if i hooked a pedal board up to it could i get eddie van halens sound out of it?which is a better built and sounding amp?

Re: hughes and kettner (warp 7)or marshall avt150

shit on toast or caviar and champaign??
the hughes and kettner warp 7 is one of the greatest amps ever built. you can get so much metal oink out of them its not funny. I have a mate who has teh avt150, and it sounds like crap, and has given him trouble from day 1. sure the drive on the warp 7 is a little metal, but get yourself a decent overdrive pedal or 2 and your laughing.

Go with the AVT 150H

I have an AVT150 and run through the Marshall 4x12 cab and it already has a thich punch and crunch without effects.Add an EQ and probably a compressor and I think you will get what you want.Plus the built in effects are awesome,its got a great chorus which would be great for playin Edward.

jedson bass

where does jedson come from ie uk or usa. i have half size bass i think it was made so lead guitarests could take over my be

Re: jedson bass

: where does jedson come from ie uk or usa. i have half size bass i think it was made so lead guitarests could take over my be

I think they were early Japanese? but not too sure myself

jedson bass

where does jedson come from ie uk or usa. i have half size bass i think it was made so lead guitarests could take over my be

Yamaki Guitars-info anybody?

I have a early 1970's yamaki 232, does anyone know anything about japanese guitars. Need any information

1978 boogie bodies guitar serial #0139

1978 boogie bodies guitar serial #0139

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1978 boogie bodies guitar serial #0139

REAL ? & ANSWERS

WHO WANTS THIS FORUM TO DEAL WITH ? & ANSWERS?? I FOR ONE AM SICK OF ALL THE OTHER FORUMS GETTING OVER RUN BY IDIOTS THAT FEEL THIS IS THEIR ONE CHANCE AT THE MOMENT IN THE SUN. I NEED HELP IN ARERE'S LIKE YOU DO. SO LETS TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AND NOT LET THE RANTINGS OF THE FEW RECK THE EXPERIENCE OF THE MANY( IM NOT RANTING) :) WHAT DO YA SAY?

Re: REAL ? & ANSWERS

man, i put up discussions all the time - none get answered. instead, people put up more. what the hell fun is that? i try to answer other people before i start yackin. i tell ya, that bob the bang his nob character has ruined everything.

Guitar Student.

I have been studying guitar for a little over a year via private lessons.

How does a student "get past" the boredom of repeatitious practice (scales, chords, etc.) without losing focus. How do I maintain vertical growth through all this?

Re: Guitar Student.

not much advise i can give, i'm suffering with the same plateau. learn notations to your favorite songs and listen and get inspiration from your favorite guitarists, try to imitate them. jam with other people too, you can learn cool stuff from other people.

Re: Guitar Student.

i learnt guitar when i was about 8/9 yrs old, when i really "took off" was when i learnt Greensleeves by heart. i loved the tune and i could really put some feeling into the song, rather than just playing it using music and as you learn by heart, you will change parts to your liking: maybe only subtly, but its being creative.
It may seem pretty obvious but you gotta take a real pride in your playing and the best way to improve is to play stuff you can get into. Ask your teacher to get you some "popular" music, i dunno, stairway or something, and learn that. Now youve got the basics down youre ready to learn stuff real properly! Good luck. G

i want leart guitar

: i learnt guitar when i was about 8/9 yrs old, when i really "took off" was when i learnt Greensleeves by heart. i loved the tune and i could really put some feeling into the song, rather than just playing it using music and as you learn by heart, you will change parts to your liking: maybe only subtly, but its being creative.
: It may seem pretty obvious but you gotta take a real pride in your playing and the best way to improve is to play stuff you can get into. Ask your teacher to get you some "popular" music, i dunno, stairway or something, and learn that. Now youve got the basics down youre ready to learn stuff real properly! Good luck. G

Help me! My fast picking sucks after 15 years of guitar playing!

Help me! My fast picking sucks after 15 years of guitar playing!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Help me! My fast picking sucks after 15 years of guitar playing!

2 guitarists

I was wondering if anyone had some cool songs they could suggest, that soundedand had to be played with to guitarists. Off our heads, my friend and I are unable to think of anything cool. If possible alternative would be nice, but at this point anything will work for us.
Thanks.

Re: 2 guitarists

unable to think of anything cool,huh....?
lol....
two guitars...
cool...
hmmm...
have you ever heard of that one band--metallica?
people say they're cool...i dunno
don't pay for it-though-
download it
record it
steal it-----just DON'T PAY FOR IT!!!!;)

We have been playing Metallica and RHCP on two guitar parts but were looking for something different. Thanks Jeff.

We have been playing Metallica and RHCP on two guitar parts but were looking for something different. Thanks Jeff.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.