Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Goya G10 classical guitar

Are you looking to sell it? My G-40 might be worth $600, the cost of the original. If that holds, the G-10 would be in the neighborhood of $200. That's a guess. If you want to sell it, let me know. I used to have a G-10.

: : Does anyone know the worth of a mint condition 1972 Goya model g10 3/4 size classical guitar. I can provide the serial # as well if that helps.

rock guitar jam tracks

Can anyone tell me where to find backing tracks to play along with for rock guitar to practise improvising guitar solos?

Re: rock guitar jam tracks

Check out wholenote, harmony central, shareware music machine, guitar net... etc, also music stores/ebay, alot of 'practice' books have 'jam track' cd's... look for used ones on ebay, or just make your own.

: Can anyone tell me where to find backing tracks to play along with for rock guitar to practise improvising guitar solos?

Try bluesblast.com - mostly blues and rock jam tracks downloads

: Check out wholenote, harmony central, shareware music machine, guitar net... etc, also music stores/ebay, alot of 'practice' books have 'jam track' cd's... look for used ones on ebay, or just make your own.

:
: : Can anyone tell me where to find backing tracks to play along with for rock guitar to practise improvising guitar solos?

: Can anyone tell me where to find backing tracks to play along with for rock guitar to practise improvising guitar solos?

http://www.theguitar.net/contact.htm

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I am totaly guitar dysfunctional--can't tune it,--can't pick fast,--can't figure out what amp to play through,---shit, which dis/o.d. pedal should I use? don't even know what type of guitar strap to buy!!! can anybody tell me how to polish the damn thing? been playing 40 years!!!

Re: HELP with guitars...................

do you practise on a regular basis? what kind of guitar/ amp do you have and what music do you play?
for amps, check out Harmony central, or the notices on this board, also sites such as peavey.com ...
Have you ever had lessons? maybe you could take a few to remind yourself of the basics?
Guitar strap is easy, just choose a good quality one and your guitar should have two little button things you can attatch it with.

Re: HELP with guitars...................

: do you practise on a regular basis? what kind of guitar/ amp do you have and what music do you play?
: for amps, check out Harmony central, or the notices on this board, also sites such as peavey.com ...
: Have you ever had lessons? maybe you could take a few to remind yourself of the basics?
: Guitar strap is easy, just choose a good quality one and your guitar should have two little button things you can attatch it with.

DOH!!! THAT'S WHAT THOSE TWO LITTLE BUTON THINGYS ARE FOR? WHAT A LIFE SAVER--I THINK I'M READY TO GIG NOW! THANKS, GEORGI!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I am totaly guitar dysfunctional--can't tune it,--can't pick fast,--can't figure out what amp to play through,---shit, which dis/o.d. pedal should I use? don't even know what type of guitar strap to buy!!! can anybody tell me how to polish the damn thing? been playing 40 years!!!

SHUT UP AND PLAY YER GUITAR

DAMN, PEOPLE!! IF YA ALL SPENT MORE TIME PRACTICING AND LESS TIME ON THE WEB, YOU MIGHT FIND THE ANSWERS ON YOUR OWN. IT'S ALL PRETTY MUCH COMMON SENSE----GET A LIFE!! JEEZE----CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE BEST SHIT PAPER TO WIPE MY ASS WITH!!!

I advise you use scott paper....

It is the best, but of course I'am a paid scott rep scouring the net for converts, so give it a go after you go, thats our motto !!!!

Extracting blushings on Fender Mustang/Jaguar/Jazzmaster?

Extracting blushings on Fender Mustang/Jaguar/Jazzmaster?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Extracting blushings on Fender Mustang/Jaguar/Jazzmaster?

A BEGINER BUT GOOD GUITAR????

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! WICH GUITAR SHOULD I BUY??? IM A BEGINER BUT I WANT A GOOD GUITAR!!! IM NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!!! PLEASE SOMEONE E-MAIL ME TO mazeco@netcabo.pt.

Re: A BEGINER BUT GOOD GUITAR????

: PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! WICH GUITAR SHOULD I BUY??? IM A BEGINER BUT I WANT A GOOD GUITAR!!! IM NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!!! PLEASE SOMEONE E-MAIL ME TO mazeco@netcabo.pt. HMM---YOU WANT A GOOD GUITAR, BUT ARE ONLY WILLING TO SPEND $200. IF YOUR TALKIN' ELECTRIC, YOUR GONNA HAVE TO SPRING FOR SOME TYPE OF APLIFICATION--IF YOUR TALKIN, ACOUSTIC---WELL IT JUST AINT GONNA HAPPEN. SAVE YOUR MONEY A LITTLE LONGER--SAY $500 OR $600 BALLPARK. THEN YOU CAN AT LEAST SHOP FOR A PREOWNED GUITAR OF GOOD QUALITY. JAM ON, DUDE!

A BEGINER BUT GOOD GUITAR????

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! WICH GUITAR SHOULD I BUY??? IM A BEGINER BUT I WANT A GOOD GUITAR!!! IM NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!!! PLEASE SOMEONE E-MAIL ME TO mazeco@netcabo.pt.

: PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! WICH GUITAR SHOULD I BUY??? IM A BEGINER BUT I WANT A GOOD GUITAR!!! IM NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE THAN 200 DOLLARS!!! PLEASE SOMEONE E-MAIL ME TO mazeco@netcabo.pt.

A BEGINER TOO

yeah me too im jus starting

Yea I am a beginner and really want a guitar, what is a good brand. And stuff. :) Should I start on acustic or eletric? Thanks Andrea

: Yea I am a beginner and really want a guitar, what is a good brand. And stuff. :) Should I start on acustic or eletric? Thanks kyle lamb

Hey Kyle, are you just starting out on guitar? If so, my personal preference is that beginners start out on acoustic. It'll tuffin your fingers more and you don't have to worry much about eq setting or anything. If you're a beginner some brands you should look at are Ibanez, Fender, Takamine, epiphone, and if your budge lets you: the 110 Taylor or Martin x series. Brand is not important. It is what kind of sound you are looking for and how a guitar personally feels to you. Taylors and Martins are expensive guitars but they are both different in tone. Martins have thick bass and Taylors and bright Trebles. you are going to have to go to your local guitar store and try themout yourself to see which tone you'd like. for guitars under 200 dollars I'd reccomend you try some epiphones and yamahas. If you would like to spend 500 check out the 110 taylor and martins x series.

HOHNER GUITAR

HOW MOCH IS IT HOHNER PROFESIONAL SCORPION ST ELETRIC GUITAR COST.THANKS

Re: HOHNER GUITAR

VG around $225 in NE US

: HOW MOCH IS IT HOHNER PROFESIONAL SCORPION ST ELETRIC GUITAR COST.THANKS

hello my nanna gave me an old hohner and it was estblished in 1857 and the model no is HC 06 plz help he find out somthing about it

I got this guitar as a student guitar, it sucks ass. it's nothing special, it's just a cheap classical guitar. The company hohner was established 1857, not the guitar.

Guitars

To tell you the truth, if you want to get the best guitar, you gotta go out there and try them. See which one you like the best, which is the right size, the right cut, which one sounds the best to you. It all depends on your taste, so dont waste time asking people, get out there and play some guitars! =)

1965 Baldwin Baby Bison

Offers please

1965 Baldwin Baby Bison

Offers please

Re: 1965 Baldwin Baby Bison

: Dave, how much do you haope to get for it? Details, ie colour, etc and condition? I am a Burns/Baldwin collector.
: Offers please

:ihave baby bison serial nos. 13465 it is a pretty red to a little orange side cond. 9.7 very very good tremolo works very smooth and even could hang up as new : Dave, how much do you haope to get for it? Details, ie colour, etc and condition? I am a Burns/Baldwin collector.
: : Offers please

:
: Offers please

Do you have a picture of this guitar

Wanted: Elite Strat Tremolo Arm

Elite Strat Tremolo Arm

This popular thread has been given its own page : Wanted: Elite Strat Tremolo Arm

Same old problems with GR-30

I would like to use the GR-30 just for recording to a sequencer software (wich works fine) but i dont know how to set the Chromatic,Play Feel,Midi Channel Bend Range to play the guitar patche from the GM of the sequencer.i´m getting a strange sound and the guitar does´nt make the "glissato" when i push the chord.When i make a D chord it sounds like 20 guitars !!!!!!
What can i do ?
Thanks
Claudio

GR-30 same old setting problems

I would like to use the GR-30 just for recording to a sequencer software (wich works fine) but i dont know how to set the Chromatic,Play Feel,Midi Channel Bend Range to play the guitar patche from the GM of the sequencer.i´m getting a strange sound and the guitar does´nt make the "glissato" when i push the string.When i make a D chord it sounds like 20 guitars !!!!!!
What can i do ?
Thanks
Claudio

french guitarist

hi,
my name is Den and i play guitare since 10 years... i do instrumental music (like satriani or vaï). i've written 2 albums, but frenchies ain't mad of this style... some productors tells me that i do a great job but that I can t even think about sale my own work in france...it seems that i m not born in the right country !!!
so, i hope that there's some peoples on this here planet who loves progressive instrumental music again !!!
Some demos of my work are available on this url
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cyberden
Can some one help me ???
give me some news !!! thanks......
see you
den.

jimmy hendrix & co

NOEL REDDING SIGNED FENDER BASS FOR SALE. CONTACT ME.

modes and lead guitar

Can someone recommend a book,tape or video that deals with modes? I want to know how to use them in a blues rock metal context.Are there other blues notes other than in the blues scale? Is the guitar grimoire any good?

Re: modes and lead guitar

I would just recommend a good reference book to start that lists all the scales and modes (at least the 7 most common), then learn them, caged, 3 notes per, horizontal, etc until you don't even have to think (much) about playing them, then you have to learn to 'play' them, and I have found the best way is to jam/learn with a really good player/teacher, and for practice spend some time each day on technique, and then some time playing with friends, along with music you want to learn, learning leads you like (ie just having fun). BTW any note is a blues note, it's all context... after you learn to play 'in the box' you will naturally progress to playing outta the box.

: Can someone recommend a book,tape or video that deals with modes? I want to know how to use them in a blues rock metal context.Are there other blues notes other than in the blues scale? Is the guitar grimoire any good?

NOVA Electric Guitars

NOVA Electric Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : NOVA Electric Guitars

Roland GR-300 with Controller Guitar fort sale

Currently on auction at ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1517554598. Just like Pat Metheny's!

Great Book for Guitarists

Check out the book, Ovations and Encores, at Amazon or bn.com. It's got a lot of great tips for getting the most out of the audiences you play for. I'm the author of the book, and am happy to answer questions about it. The publisher hasn't really promoted it, so it's an underground find. Thanks for reading.

GUITAR DISCUSSION

HEY, YA'ALL---JUST DISCOVERED THIS FORUM THE OTHER NIGHT--LOST MY LAST GIG AND GOT A NEW COMPUTER--DIG'N THIS PAGE---HOPE I'M NOT ANOYING ANYBODY--OR BOB THE NOB(KNOB)IN PARTICULAR. ROCK'N'ROLL HOOCHIE COO!

A.J. Love's Music Check It Out

Hey everyone!

How are you?

I found a really cool Jamband/Jazz artist named A.J. Love, and I got his new CD called "Interplanetary Funk" he's got a sax player named Hanah Jon Taylor in his band. I've heard that Hanah played with Miles Davis before too!

Also for you Jimi Hendrix fans "A.J. Love is a Hendrix inspired guitarist who has covered one of Hendrix' songs "Who Knows" on his latest album".

Take care.

Mark G

searching for STAGE guitars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Satch, Johnson & Morse? You'll LOVE this!

If you love instrumental rock guitar playing that takes no prisoners, check out my debut album "Never Learned To Dance". Download FREE excerpts from http://guitarlessons.bizhosting.com/albumtracks.html
Go on... you KNOW it makes sense!!

recording on a pc

I have an older desktop dell, my problem is when i go in line in to record something nothing is recorded. I have cool edit pro and I thought maybe it was the program but I also tried to use the computers sound recorder and got nuthin. I ran a troubleshoot procedure and everything checks out ok except when I go to soundmedia in the controls page and select my soundcard I can only adjust the playback portion of it and cannot adjust the record part its shaded so I cant select anything but it is there. My questionn is do I need a new sound card.

Ovation VS Applause

Ovation VS Applause

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation VS Applause

Somone Please Help me With getting my amp to sound like SKA

I have a peavey studio pro 112 transtube series

it has clean and lead

clean : volum, low,mid,high, and a switch for vintage or modern
lead: pre gain, low, mid, high, post gain, and a swtich for modern or vintage or in the middle (super gainey full sound)

and it has reverd and T.dynamics too.

Can somone help me set it so i can get a mighty mighty boss tones ... tone :P :)

by the way i am using a gibson SG limited edition with 2 open coil humbuckers

Somone Please Help me With getting my amp to sound like SKA

I have a peavey studio pro 112 transtube series

it has clean and lead

clean : volum, low,mid,high, and a switch for vintage or modern
lead: pre gain, low, mid, high, post gain, and a swtich for modern or vintage or in the middle (super gainey full sound)

and it has reverd and T.dynamics too.

Can somone help me set it so i can get a mighty mighty boss tones ... tone :P :)

by the way i am using a gibson SG limited edition with 2 open coil humbuckers

roland gr-505

looking for a roland gr-505 metallic blue

music

I AM TRYING TO FIND THE MUSIC AND WHO SUNG THE SONG WILDFIRE. THEY CALL HIM WILDFIRE. A SONG THAT WAS BACK IN THE 70'S

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.