Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2004

Archive for posts from November, 2004

ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

price on ANTNIO HERNANDAS GUITAR #3

ANY INFO ON THE ANTONIO HERNANDAS CLASSICAL GUITAR #3
WOULD BE MUCH HELPFUL.

Re: price on ANTNIO HERNANDAS GUITAR #3

: ANY INFO ON THE ANTONIO HERNANDAS CLASSICAL GUITAR #3
: WOULD BE MUCH HELPFUL.

Although you'll find many friends and helpful, experienced people here, there are additional experts for your question, waiting at www.8notes.com/forums/guitar. I swear some of these men and women give all the world for classical guitars and will go to the ends of the Earth to know their stuff, and share with other sincere musicians. Strat Man Dwight

Presence

Presence

This popular thread has been given its own page : Presence

pumpkins-1979 amps and effects

hey if any1 knows them, can sum1 please please e mail me with the amp settings and equipment and (most importantly) all the geetar effects used on 1979!cheeers.much happniess will be brought by your wisdom.

Hoyer Acoustic

Hoyer Acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hoyer Acoustic

Fender Telecaster

Does anyone know what the worth of a mid 70s fender telecaster? thanks.

Re: Fender Telecaster

if its a standard model and all original, no repsprays, and was for sale in the UK, i would expect to see it up for £1000 - £1500, some colours are more collectable than others, the blonde model seems to be a very popular colour.

Re: Fender Telecaster

: Does anyone know what the worth of a mid 70s fender telecaster? thanks.

<----i hate telicasters---->

can someone help

I have a guitar i think it is a les Paul but notsure the serial number is V772 27 The model number is A25196 and the style number is ES-295 I would appreciate if you could tell me anything about it. Thank you

Re: can someone help

: I have a guitar i think it is a les Paul but notsure the serial number is V772 27 The model number is A25196 and the style number is ES-295 I would appreciate if you could tell me anything about it. Thank you

Not what you think, but it is a 1952 ES-295. Strat Man Dwight

Kay??

I had a Kay acoustic guitar that had a all black top with no Kay logo and a pick guard on both sides of the resonator with flower or vines designs on them. Also it had a blond strip that went down the back of the guitar. Can anyone tell me the model #? Thanks

yairi model 1172

yairi model 1172

This popular thread has been given its own page : yairi model 1172

Franciscan CN6

Does anyone know what a Franciscan CN6 in excellent condition is worth?

Answer to "can someone help" re: Gibson

Replied. Replied again. Replied again, again. I guess some of you guys did as well. It was such a great question. So, I don't see anything in print. Will this be in print? I hope so. Thanks guys, Strat Man Dwight

www.anything.com

Yes, I'm still looking for those key words that stop our messages. I was wondering if it was other website info. (Except I have more urgent things to do). If this makes it, there is an easy link to music.net via this subject. Strat Man Dwight

Re: www.anything.com

Hi Dwight

The key words are designed to prevent s p a m m e r s and people who post links to a d u l t photography sites. We don't have any problems with people who post links to their own or others' sites.

Obviously, if we published the list of words people would then be able to easily by-pass our spam filter.

cheers
Geoff

: Yes, I'm still looking for those key words that stop our messages. I was wondering if it was other website info. (Except I have more urgent things to do). If this makes it, there is an easy link to music.net via this subject. Strat Man Dwight

Horshoe Pickup WANTED

Horshoe Pickup WANTED to fix my old lap steel

Re: Horshoe Pickup WANTED

: Horshoe Pickup WANTED to fix my old lap steel

Hard to find, hope you get one here, if not try TV Jones, really, search or make that into a url. website address and ask his people. There's bound to be some suggestions. Strat Man Dwight

Garcia Guitar

Still trying to find history on a guitar....Garcia Student Model Grade 3, 1973. I got it for free....in 1983. IT has a superb bright tone, very resonant and 'even' and tunes very, very well...in factit is the best Ive owned. I also have a 'Suzuki' circa 1967 or 1968....needs repair, but it has a very, very bright and clear sound also...anyone with info on these brands, price, value, history, etc, please let me know, it is highly appreciated

Re: Garcia Guitar

I found the info....oh, i paid $50 in 1983 for an immaculate Garcia Grade 3 (1973), not quite free.
DS

: Still trying to find history on a guitar....Garcia Student Model Grade 3, 1973. I got it for free....in 1983. IT has a superb bright tone, very resonant and 'even' and tunes very, very well...in factit is the best Ive owned. I also have a 'Suzuki' circa 1967 or 1968....needs repair, but it has a very, very bright and clear sound also...anyone with info on these brands, price, value, history, etc, please let me know, it is highly appreciated

GAH!

i may not have much time to get on here in the next week, (so here's a lil hi) - been laden with work so i'll check back soon when i have a spare minute sometime.
ta ra! hope you had a nice halloween!
p

Gibson Les Paul Serial Number

Lookng to buy a Gibson Les Paul Guitar - Serial number 00112794 - What does the serial number tell me about the Guitar's age

Re: Gibson Les Paul Serial Number

: Lookng to buy a Gibson Les Paul Guitar - Serial number 00112794 - What does the serial number tell me about the Guitar's age

It was made at Nashville, where I believe individual guitar #'s start at 500, each day. There is a different story elsewhere. But I subtract as follows 794 - 500 = the 294th guitar stamped on the 011th day (Jan 11) of 02 (2002). Strat Man Dwight

'70's Gibson Humbucking pick ups

Hello everyone,does anyone know the 1st year that Gibson started to stamp the pat # into the metal of the bottom of the humbucker?I'm pretty sure it is 1974??Thanks

different guitar woods

Has anyone out there had any experience with locust(honeylocust or black locust) as a wood for guitar construction either acoustic or electric? it is a very dense and strong wood the only comercial uses i have found is for fence posts and telephone poles,,,thanks

Re: different guitar woods

: Has anyone out there had any experience with locust(honeylocust or black locust) as a wood for guitar construction either acoustic or electric? it is a very dense and strong wood the only comercial uses i have found is for fence posts and telephone poles,,,thanks

I think this is a great question. I like novelties for electric guitars and would try something different. I have no experience with this wood yet, but note that acoustic guitar tone woods ideally come from trees that are 600 - 800 years old (somehow? - visit Godin guitar's site for example) and are often dried & stockpiled 40 - 50 years (Martin guitars). Thank you for the thought provoking idea. Strat Man Dwight

Guitar Strings

Where on the net is the cheapest place to buy guitar stings?

TIA
Andrew

My Guitar

i baught a "Grand Prix" and no body has every heard of it. is this just a model name? what company made it? when did the company close?
thanks,
Katie

Re: My Guitar

: i baught a "Grand Prix" and no body has every heard of it. is this just a model name? what company made it? when did the company close?
: thanks,
: Katie

Yes, I believe it was just a model name, spawned by the car of the same name, or racing. So, manufacturer is unknown, as are other details. This process in guitar production & distribution is still going on more than ever, today. Get you own made now with 5000 orders. Anyone else? Strat Man Dwight

Re: My Guitar

: : i baught a "Grand Prix" and no body has every heard of it. is this just a model name? what company made it? when did the company close?
: : thanks,
: : Katie

: Yes, I believe it was just a model name, spawned by the car of the same name, or racing. So, manufacturer is unknown, as are other details. This process in guitar production & distribution is still going on more than ever, today. Get you own made now with 5000 orders. Anyone else? Strat Man Dwight

Hey I've seen Camaro guitars too. One of the worst copycat attempts I've witnessed, after the Fender Mustang and so on. Probably got sued by General Motors. Andrew

ADA MP1 Presets

Just purchased a used MP1. I can't seem to load the 69 Presets, for some reason only 40 are present.The unit came with a Version 2 owner's manual, and when I opened the unit,on the ROM, there's a sticker with MP1 1.38 written on it.Is this version 1.38??? And, did this version only have 40 presets?

Thanks.

Re: ADA MP1 Presets

: Just purchased a used MP1. I can't seem to load the 69 Presets, for some reason only 40 are present.The unit came with a Version 2 owner's manual, and when I opened the unit,on the ROM, there's a sticker with MP1 1.38 written on it.Is this version 1.38??? And, did this version only have 40 presets?

: Thanks.

If not here, answers from users and moderator at www.adadepot.com/interactivity/discussion. On ADA, info at harmonycentral is conflicting & useless. I've seen lots of pros & topics within the official site. Strat Man Dwight

the grunge siund like sum 41

hi

I've got a crate 65 watt a pedal digitech gnx1 and i want to know how can i juste sounde like sum 41 in the song motivation and fat lip and their other cool song

thank you

Re: the grunge siund like sum 41

there is a Dod FX69 Grunge pedal on the market, maybe its the sound you are after.

Strat

I am a fourteen year old girl, who owns a silver American Strat and a Yamaha pacifica I want to know if any one else knows someone who has two awesome guitars, cos' all my friends think i'm obsesseD!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Strat

: I am a fourteen year old girl, who owns a silver American Strat and a Yamaha pacifica I want to know if any one else knows someone who has two awesome guitars, cos' all my friends think i'm obsesseD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear about your guitars. By the way is the Silver one Inca silver or after 2001 ... Chrome Silver? The Chromies are awesome.

My 6 almost 7 year old daughter owns 2 Telecasters, the Blue Flower and the Pink Paisley, also a Custom Stratocaster in Burgundy Mist, which is a metallic pink.

My other daughter by the time she was 16 or 17 had a red Jagstang, Sunburst Mustang, Black Cyclone, matching Black Toronado, Black Guild SG style, metallic Purple American Strat, Gold Lonestar Strat and half a dozen acoustics which she has given up completely, until a Martin D-45 comes her way. She has been actively looking for this acoustic for many years, wants a good used one for half of the new price. Her T-shirts said Fender - I would hope so.

Just a footnote, the Jag blew all the local boys out of the water. A Texas special neck pickup and bridge pickup you wouldn't believe unless you recognized it - Tom Delonge's Seymour Duncan Invader!

Finally, Girls ROCK! Keep it up, and love that Strat! Strat man Dwight

looking for help on how much this guitar i have is worth

it is a fender squier i got it from a friend that owed me moneyvon the bottom where the strings are held it says licensed under floyd rose patent

Re: looking for help on how much this guitar i have is worth

: it is a fender squier i got it from a friend that owed me moneyvon the bottom where the strings are held it says licensed under floyd rose patent

What is the serial # on the Strat, what is it's condition and where was it made? Hope it's from Japan ... but whatever's the truth is what counts. Strat Man Dwight

Re: looking for help on how much this guitar i have is worth

the serial # is E956363 its made in korea

dwight Thanks

Thank you for letting me know you was a big help. do you know if this guitar has any value?
thanks

Re: dwight Thanks

: Thank you for letting me know you was a big help. do you know if this guitar has any value?
: thanks

You're welcome. I gave more details via the moderator which have not been posted. My eventual reply was brief trying to omit all the words used previously. Frustrated - I did not expect it to go through. Prices in my view might be from $2500 to $5000 USD. Now please, I would get 2 other opinions. Elderly's in Lansing Michigan keep a computer database on those which they have sold, accessible through their service dept. An issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine has always been a pleasure to own. You might enjoy buying one for yourself, and could find asking prices for your guitar in there, among thousands of others. I once counted over 30,000 guitars for sale, just to find a price on the one I was looking for. Strat Man Dwight

STRAT INTONATION HELP

HEY,HERE'S MY PROBLEM.I HAVE AN ERIC CLAPTON BLACKIE STRAT.MY LOW E STRING IS OUT AND I CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT SET.I'LL PUT MY EAR TO THE BODY & THE TONE SORT OF PHASES IN & OUT.IT'S WORSE AMPED.I TRIED ADJUSTING THE STRING LENGTH WITH MY TUNER.NO LUCK.COULD IT BE MY BRIDGE? THE HIGH E DOES IT ALSO,BUT NOTHING AS BAD AS THE LOW E.I HAVE AN AFTERMARKET PICKUP GUARD ON IT,BUT HOW COULD THAT CAUSE IT? WEIRD,STRINGS 5 THRU 2 ARE DEAD ACCURATE ACCORDING TO THE 12TH FRET HARMONIC MEASUREMENTS WITH MY TUNER.ANY ADVICE? ED.

Re: STRAT INTONATION HELP

maybe your neck pickup magnes are interfering with the stings vibration? Lower pickup perhaps

Re: STRAT INTONATION HELP

As you say, you hear some irregulaties through the body of the guitar, unplugged. Check inside the tremolo block to see that the ball ends of the strings are seated properly. Loosen them, and pull up or move back & forth through saddles till they are right. While youre there, make sure that the Eric-Clapton-only maple block is positioned correctly, tightly against the zinc trem block. Finally - I don't know if you changed your guage of strings recently - see what's happening at the nut. Are these 2 "bad" strings getting hitched or impinged? Strings larger than 10-46 would require some work there, enlarge or lube nut slots. Last resort, change strings. Strat Man Dwight

guitar in stereo

i want to run my guitar in stereo on stage using 2 amps, but im not sure on the best way to go about it with what i have. i play a wolfgang in to a vox wah > keeley compressor > keeley modified boss ds-1 distortion > boss acoustic simulator > peavey 5150 head and 4-12 cab. im not sure what i should use for a second amp. and then i have a memory man deluxe delay pedal in the effects loop, although i will be adding a fulltone fat boost, a fuzz face and a reverb pedal shortly but im not sure where i should incorporate these ( i also have a boss delay pedal and a chorus(stereo) pedal with which i may replace the memory man.

also im not sure how to get the best sound out of the ds-1 its supposed to have a good tone but im finding that i can get the distortion on the 5150 head to sound clearer and fuller than the ds-1 .but i still want to find a way to use this pedal. im thinking im not using the right set up for it since it has such a good rep (particularly the keeley mod) why else would satriani and vai use it on stage?

anyone got any ideas?
i would appreciate any other tips as well.

thanks,
chad

fender strat

I have a Fender Strat, sunburst with maple neck, made in Japan, bought second hand about eight years ago. Unusual thing is that it has a locking trem with Fender on the trem unit - looks as though it was manufactured that way rather than added later. Anyone know anything about it?

Re: fender strat

That's a perfectly normal variation of a factory original MIJ (made in Japan) Strat with locking tremolo. With the name Fender on the bridge, I'd be more sure about it's consistency with other guitars if it also said "licensed by Floyd Rose". It was made by Fuji Gen Gakki, an excellent factory which built guitars for Fender to Fender's specs. They are highly prized. Suggest you get the book from music suppliers, or fender.com about the the Stratocaster - The Japan Years. Loads of info and fun, well it's always fun as I see it. Strat Man Dwight

cadd9

how do you play cadd9?
please react!
perhaps do you also know how to play F7 and F7add2???

Re: cadd9

its a 'C' major with an added 9th.
check here for the shape:
http://www.chordfind.com/

guitar

what is a guitar?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.