Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Finger Style Guitar playing

I am into playing guitar fingerstyle. I was wondering if there are certain acoustic guitars more suited to fingerstyle than others? I am thinking in terms of the width of the neck and distance between each string? I realize that classical style guitars have the greatest width (1-3/4?) but what about acoustic guiatars? Do any makes and models offer a wider neck than the standard 1-11/16 that would offer more distance between the strings also?
Thanks,
TG

I got your fiinger playing right here...

Wanna wrap your fingers around my flesh flute?
=-=-=
=-=-=
=-=-=

I am into playing guitar fingerstyle. I was wondering if there are certain acoustic guitars more suited to fingerstyle than others? I am thinking in terms of the width of the neck and distance between each string? I realize that classical style guitars have the greatest width (1-3/4?) but what about acoustic guiatars? Do any makes and models offer a wider neck than the standard 1-11/16 that would offer more distance between the strings also?
: Thanks,
: TG

Darkness TABs

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Darkness TABs

where can i get a copy for free? i dont want to pay 12.99

Guitar Control Upgrades and Tone Kits!

www.has-sound.com

Re: Guitar Control Upgrades and Tone Kits!

: www.has-sound.com

Thanks, I'll check this one out in addition to my regulars: www.deaf-eddie.net & www.torresengineering.com. Strat Man Dwight

Re: Guitar Control Upgrades and Tone Kits!

: : www.has-sound.com

: Thanks, I'll check this one out in addition to my regulars: www.deaf-eddie.net & www.torresengineering.com. Strat Man Dwight

Thanks AGAIN. I find the site potentially useful and appreciate your sharing with us. Strat man Dwight

Improve Aural Skill

How To improve our Aural Skill? Which Including Interval recognition and the Pitch...?

gift for a Hofner player.>.?

Am trying to find an appropriate gift for a friend who plays a Hofner bass in a band. Any suggestions welcome. thanks. -a.

Schematic of 30w Framus ruby riot.

Schematic of 30w Framus ruby riot.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Schematic of 30w Framus ruby riot.

Ibanez ATL 10 Acoustic/Electric

Anyone know anything about this type of guitar? My buddy wants to sell one and I'm doing some research on the net trying to find out some stuff about it...price range etc., can't find much about it on the net, and nothing on the Ibanez site. Thanks

custom guitar

I was just curious about a guitar that I picked up. It is custom made, walnut body, curly maple neck, ebony fret boards with abalone design inlayed, alinico 5 humbucker pickups, Schaller bridge, Schaller tailpiece w/ fine tuners, gotoh tuning machines, double action truss rod GHS boomer strings.
What do you think the going price is for something like this?

Re: custom guitar

: I was just curious about a guitar that I picked up. It is custom made, walnut body, curly maple neck, ebony fret boards with abalone design inlayed, alinico 5 humbucker pickups, Schaller bridge, Schaller tailpiece w/ fine tuners, gotoh tuning machines, double action truss rod GHS boomer strings.
: What do you think the going price is for something like this?

Reply. It is really hard to put a value on non-brand guitars, although some are very fine. You would need to find a buyer who appreciates all its finer points. And it does sound very good. If it plays well, you're blessed with a fine instrument. Strat Man Dwight

rp 2000 schematic

Does anybody have a schematic for the digitech rp 2000,I have to replace the pot switch for the output level. any schematics or circuit diagrams would be helpful

improve Music Aural Skill

Any method or hints to improve our music aural skill? Which include the note interval recognisation and the harmonic of a given note???
THk.....

Any White US Strat in 2001?

Any White US Strat in 2001?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Any White US Strat in 2001?

Black Diamond Strings

Hi, I noticed in the archives from a month ago that somebody is looking for Black Diamond Strings. Well, I sent a suggestion, put it didn't get posted ... now I can't even find the question. Sorry.

So, to make this quick, the answer is bigcitystring.com.

I have a set of black-coated, Black Diamond strings on one of my Strats which has a black colour scheme. Do they ever turn heads! Never mind the looks, the sound is amazing. They were a gift, but I will be buying more in the future, along with my other favourites.

Just trying to help ... please don't ask me what else I use. There's just too many good strings and good people using ALL KINDS out there!

All the best from Canada's Strat Man Dwight

Re: Black Diamond Strings

Strat Man Dwight:

Thanks for the great comments on Black Diamond Black Coated Strings.

Jim Cavanaugh(VP of Operations and owner)

: Hi, I noticed in the archives from a month ago that somebody is looking for Black Diamond Strings. Well, I sent a suggestion, put it didn't get posted ... now I can't even find the question. Sorry.

: So, to make this quick, the answer is bigcitystring.com.

: I have a set of black-coated, Black Diamond strings on one of my Strats which has a black colour scheme. Do they ever turn heads! Never mind the looks, the sound is amazing. They were a gift, but I will be buying more in the future, along with my other favourites.

: Just trying to help ... please don't ask me what else I use. There's just too many good strings and good people using ALL KINDS out there!

: All the best from Canada's Strat Man Dwight

Guitar book value

Hey yall, A friend at work gave me a Kramer electric guitar. Ser# SE8785. I think it's a model 610 or 615. I was just wondering if anyone koows of a website to find book value on it. Any insite would help tons Thxs

Re: Guitar book value

: Hey yall, A friend at work gave me a Kramer electric guitar. Ser# SE8785. I think it's a model 610 or 615. I was just wondering if anyone koows of a website to find book value on it. Any insite would help tons Thxs

Reply. Yes, the Blue Book of Guitar Values. Strat Man Dwight

just testing

YELLOW CARD Guitar settings

YELLOW CARD Guitar settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : YELLOW CARD Guitar settings

http://guitar-software.info

New site: http://guitar-software.info

Fender F5 Made in korea (6 string acoustic)

Whats this guitar worth cant find any information thanks

Re: Fender F5 Made in korea (6 string acoustic)

: Whats this guitar worth cant find any information thanks

Little value, good for beginners. Strat man Dwight

send me new songs and remic plz

thank you

i found a guitar

i need to find out how old/ how much a guitar is worth its a george washburn guitar serial number 312199. its a washburn classical acoustic. it looks old and has what i think is brazilian rosewood, it was given to me by a nun (believe it or not) and there fore could be as old as anything. any help is appreciated.

painting a guitar

I bought a Les Paul guitar kit and I was wondering how would I go about giving it a sunburst type color? The top is a flame maple and I want to show the grain in it but how do I do that?

Re: painting a guitar

Special paints, delecatly, paint it with an airbrush and your going to have to do more than one coat, be careful with the clearcoating, you need to apply each layer of paint with an extremely thin layer, do about 2 or three, enough to fade the wood and give the paint a tone but not color it completely,clear coating is just the same.

: I bought a Les Paul guitar kit and I was wondering how would I go about giving it a sunburst type color? The top is a flame maple and I want to show the grain in it but how do I do that?

want gujarati songs

i want a site to download gujarati songs

Re: want my dick?

i bet you do...big baby...spread em wide
my curry delite....hmmmm.spices

Re: want gujarati songs

: i want to hear a particular song...."Ekalo jane re"

Re: want gujarati songs

: i want a site to download gujarati songs

I want gujarati songs written text. Nitin Parekh

ARIA MODEL 2303

I recently purchased a set of humbucker pickupu for a model 2303 japanese made guitar. the origanol wiring only has a white wire and ground to the bridge pichup but the new bridge pickup has a white,red and ground .how do i wire it. thanks cTc

Aria by Sada Yairi

Can anyone give me information about a Sada Yairi Model 760 "D35" style guitar that was distributed by Aria. The guitar was purchased in 1974.

guan huai fang shi

where i do find guitar tabs for guan huai fang shi? can anybody send it to my email? thanks

Re: guan huai fang shi

: where i do find guitar notes for guan huai fang shi? can anybody send it to my email? thanks

Vox Ultrasonic XII 1967 for sale

"ULTRASONIC XII V275
An exciting double cutaway 12-string electric acoustic guitar. Has built-in E tuner, distortion booster, treble and bass booster, Wah-Wah, repeat percussion. Completely redesigned easy-to-fret fast neck with Vox double T-bar and adjustable steel rod. Has two Vox Ferro sonic wide range high output pickups. Has chrome plated machine heads."

Awesome guitar, really good shape and w/ case and original back pad. Email me for pics and info. $1500 obo

korg pandora px1....bass sound?

Looking to get a bass sound/effect out of a px1. I know how to get to the pitch shifter, but the original tone still comes through...any other options?
Thanks-

ibanez with a floating floyd rose and the make #9201075

[The body of this post has been lost]

TREVVVVVVVOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

a nice man called Trevor will be along in a minute....

I just had sex with your girlfriend

Hahahahahahahaha! you chump!

Re: I just had sex with your girlfriend

i dont have a girlfriend, can i have sex with you?

Help with 72 Gibson

I had my 1972,Les paul Deluxe stolen.Serial #122671.It's a Cherry sunburst,And has quick tunning bridges.Reward for the return of guitar.No questions ask.Also has 2 black humbucker pickups,not many Deluxes that look like this.

LOOKING FOR APRAISAL

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPR.

Re: LOOKING FOR APRAISAL

we are all waiting ..............

Re: LOOKING FOR APRAISAL

: ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPR.

Appraisal link at www.vintageguitarpro.com Strat man Dwight

Is a Lotus a good guitar?

I found a Lotus on an auction website for cheap is it worth my money?

Re: Is a Lotus a good guitar?

$100-$200 depending on model type etc. they are far east copies.

blueridge br343

Interested in this guitar. How much for it and to ship to 31302? does case come with it and it must be mint. NO SCRATCHES! Thanks,

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.