Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2004

Archive for posts from January, 2004

ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: free downlodable hindi songs

: : sir give me the songs of veer-zara

Re: free downlodable hindi songs

: sir give me the songs of oldies{Rafi}

kay MO. number

there is a number on the back of my kay bass and i was wondering if i could find out the model and what year it was made by the code which is MO. 20684

HELP ME!-beginner.

i just got my guitar for christmas and i dont know what the hell im doing.. lol. i dont even know where to start. please, give me some advice if you have any.

Re: HELP ME!-beginner.

If you cn afford it, finding a good teacher is the best way to get started and to get a solid starting foundation. If you learn the basics correctly it will give a solid foundation to build on. If you practice incorrect techniques from day one, the bad habits will be harder to correct in the future. Choosing a teacher is not always easy, a couple of things to remember; find someone with experience who is able to teach the style and methods you want to learn. There's no point going to a classical guitar teacher if you want to play heavy metal. Decide if you want to read music - I would recommend it as depending where your interest are, it can be very useful. Many teachers will give 1st lesson free, it is important to feel comfortable and have a teacher that customises lessons to your needs.

Re: HELP ME!-beginner.

If you cn afford it, finding a good teacher is the best way to get started and to get a solid starting foundation. If you learn the basics correctly it will give a solid foundation to build on. If you practice incorrect techniques from day one, the bad habits will be harder to correct in the future. Choosing a teacher is not always easy, a couple of things to remember; find someone with experience who is able to teach the style and methods you want to learn. There's no point going to a classical guitar teacher if you want to play heavy metal. Decide if you want to read music - I would recommend it as depending where your interest are, it can be very useful. Many teachers will give 1st lesson free, it is important to feel comfortable and have a teacher that customises lessons to your needs.

Wana form a band?

To all the guyz , bassist , drummer nd guitarist who like ozzy nd metallica.. wana form a band?? i'm seriously into it..i'm vocals + guitars... only for metal lovers..

Re: Wana form a band?

Guy...hell yeah...E-mail ASAP tell me what you play...

wood for body, neck and fretboard vs sound produced

Dear all,
I need to know about the differences of wood for body, neck and fretboard of electric guitar and bass (alder, mahogany, wenge, rosewood etc)in term of the characteristic of sound produced. Any explanation will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Conway Twitty song lyrics

Looking for the guitar cords to Conways song "Its only make believe" Thanks...

Jonem

asdjkkalsjd;lkj
aslkdja;lsd
asdjasd

RE: Please give me a new version of chatterz

tha's goog if you give a new version about of chhaterz hhehee thanks you

Floating pickup for acoustic archtop guitar

Hi

My wooden archtop with f holes is already electro but im not very happy with the sound because it gives off feedback when i put gain through it. i want to fix a floating pickup by the neck.

..What pickup should i get?
..How do i install it?

Cheers, Rob

guitar value

i recently bought a 1978 takamine f-390's and i cant find a listing of the value and i was wondering if anyone had an idea of its value

scanned tabs

Do U want to trade?

lau_wildchild@hotmail.Com

ibanez

i have a ibanez serial #L766714 PROFESSIONAL SERIES DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.LIKE TO SELL IT

charvette by charvel

i have a charvette by charvel guitar black very good condition it's got original floyd rose tremolo charvel pick-ups one single and one double. it's got charvel tuners. sounds the best i have ever heard can anyone tell me where to go to get a value on this guitar

Re: charvette by charvel

: i have a charvette by charvel guitar black very good condition it's got original floyd rose tremolo charvel pick-ups one single and one double. it's got charvel tuners. sounds the best i have ever heard can anyone tell me where to go to get a value on this guitar

It's worth about 150 dollars/punds/euros

charvette by charvel

i got a charvette by charvel. it's got charvel pick-ups one single and one double, and it also has charvel tuners. Original floyd rose tremolo with lock down on the head. i was wondering where i could go to find out what this guitar is worth.

Looking for ppl to jam w/ Madison Wi.

im 16, looking for ppl to jam w/ just have fun playing guitar and see where it goes. i love music so im there 100%. My fav bands are the strokes, phantom planet, rooney, yellow card, pete yorn stuff like that. So if u live in Madison Wisconsin give me an email! -Lisa

Re: Looking for ppl to jam w/ Madison Wi.

lizzylou3687@hotmail.com

Re: Looking for ppl to jam w/ Madison Wi.

hi my names esther i live in madison play guitar i sent you an email. so you can aim me at kidabcdefghij . i would love somebody to jam with peeeace. oh yeah the strokes are fabulous

Pricing

I have just purchased a 1946 Fraamus Acoustic Guitar
in original condtion, but with a few scratches and there also is a fade in the colour.
Could you let me know approximately what it is worth
I paid $195 Australia dollars.

looking for a vista jagmaster

hey i want a jagmaster....i will trade for a squier stratocaster with money so yea email me cuz i will never check this site agian

snotpuppy87@hotmail.com

portastudio 488MkII manual

Anyone that can help me find a manual for this recorder would greatly be appreciated.

Mansfield Guitars

Mansfield Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mansfield Guitars

jem 555

has anyone attempted to retro fit an ibanez edge tremolo to the jem 555. jem univeres has not been very informative other than bashing the guitar.

ELECTRA GUITARS

I OWN AN ELECTRA GUITAR AND THE BODY STYLE IS OF LIKE
STRATOCASTERS AND ALSO HAS A COMPARTMENT IN THE BACK BODY FOR A 9VOLT BATTERY. WHAT I WAS WONDERING IS THE YEAR OF THE MODEL.

HELP ME FIX MY GUITAR

I AM HAVING PROBLMS WITH THE VOLUME AND TONE KNOBS AND PICKUPS ON ESP MH-301 AND I DONT KNOW THE WIERING SCHEME. CAN ANY ONE HELP?

KILLER 03

Re: HELP ME FIX MY GUITAR

I broke my neck on my guitar is there a speicial putty i can us to fix it?

: KILLER 03

One of my pickups for pushed in and i wanna know how to fix it can u help me?

: I broke my neck on my guitar is there a speicial putty i can us to fix it?

:
: : KILLER 03

Body filler would probably work

: I broke my neck on my guitar is there a speicial putty i can us to fix it?

:
: : KILLER 03

Body filler would probably work like for cars

: I AM HAVING PROBLMS WITH PUTTING ON A NEW STRING ON THE GUITAR?

HELP ME FIX MY GUITAR

: : I AM HAVING PROBLMS WITH PUTTING ON A NEW STRING ON THE GUITAR?I also do not know how to take out one of the snapped strings from my electric guitar. So my guitar has some strings on but two are just broken and i can not take it out and i have no clue on how to replace it.

Please help me. :-(

See I Was Tuning My Guitar And I Tuned It To Tight And Next Thing You KNo It Popped! I Have No Idea How To Fix It Before My Mom Wakes Up! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

washburn AF40V

i'm looking to buy a washburn af40v in any condition, anybody got one to sell????????????

Re: washburn AF40V

Red/Black getting ready to hit the bay. Make an offer?

washburn AF40V

i'm looking to buy a washburn af40v in any condition, anybody got one to sell????????????

Taylor Dreadnaught

How much can I get for a 900-series Taylor Dreadnaught?

Guitar valuation

I have a very rare Staccato bass guitar, a replica of one which was custom made for Motorhead's Lemmy. I'd be interested in what it might be worth as it might be coming up for sale. Only four were made, and Lemmy's was stolen in the 'states and never recovered.
It was played by Lemmy backstage in Spain last year, after he had strung it with his own strings. I also have to go with it a fully signed outsize souvenir Motorhead plectrum and a vip pass for the gig, signed by Pat Townshend who designed and built the guitar.
If anyone's interested in more info I have pics I can email

Re: Guitar valuation

: I have a Ibanez AS100 year 1983 in the original fur lined case as good as new could I please have the value thank you

leftie push/pull vol pot

Help!! All the push/pull pots I have do not work left-handed.. I can wire it so that it does but then there is no graduation of the volume.. 0-11 in a split second!! anyone know where I can get one that would work?

Re: leftie push/pull vol pot

: Help!! All the push/pull pots I have do not work left-handed.. I can wire it so that it does but then there is no graduation of the volume.. 0-11 in a split second!! anyone know where I can get one that would work?
Yea,
Click on the link below. They carry CTS left handed pots.
http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/20electronicparts.2controlpots/
Good luck......
Make some noise!

i want 2 download free hindi songs

i want 2 download free hindi songs

This popular thread has been given its own page : i want 2 download free hindi songs

Year of make?

I have a USA fender Precision Bass, serial no. S749690.
How can you tell when it was made? Somebody told me it was made in 1978. Would that be right?

Re: Year of make?

The precision bass had serial numbers for 1977 and 1978 start with s7 plus 5 digits. The majority of the S7 +5 digits serials were made in 1978 so I'd say your friend is right.

guitar effects pedals

I'm in the market for a used guitar effects pedal machine - anyone advise on a good model

Re: guitar effects pedals

BOSS ME50 the rest are garbage.

Re: guitar effects pedals

:I agree that the Me-50 from Boss is a good peda but if you wan't the next step of quality, look at the GT-6.

A little advise: Why don't you buy a effect-processor like the g-major and a midi pedal?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.