Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Advertisement

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Dean Guitars

Dean Guitars signed Michael Schenker and check out this cool guitars at www.deanguitars.com and Check out the guitar Dimebag Darrell started his career on ...this is the same guitar on the cover of Cowboys from hell
...check out how it looks today
http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4912

I sure like to have one of those Vs :)

Vox Chassis or Fender Deluxe/Super Reverb

I am looking to get my hands on a chassis for either a Vox AC30 or Fender Deluxe reverb or super reverb amp. Does not need to be in working order. If anyone has one or knows where I might get one, please email me at chrisjohnson72@yahoo.com

Re: Vox Chassis or Fender Deluxe/Super Reverb

fender twin baby!

Neil Young

Anyone think neil young is a great guitar player?

Re: Neil Young

hes ok, i dont think he sets the guitar world alight.

: hes ok, i dont think he sets the guitar world alight.

It's all about Christian Fennesz. That's the new sound of guitar.

neil kicks ass i am a big fan i listen to him allot. i feel that not many people are aware of how awsome he is. but you know how peopl are today. they just listen to radio.

Johhny Thunders/NY Dolls

Anyone like Johnny Thunders? Care to discuss his gear/techniqie etc?
Jeff.

Re: Johhny Thunders/NY Dolls

i have a LP special double cutaway in TV yellow!! i beleive he used to play one? was he the first punk guitar player?? i think the pistols stole a lot from that band, but then they stole a lot from the stones, and the stones stole a lot from chuck berry, maybe we owe it all the chuck berry??

Old Yamaki guitar?!

Hello, I am eagerly lookinh to get my mits on a Yamaki acoustic from the seventies. Anyone have one to sell?

Thanks,
Caz

Re: Old Yamaki guitar?!

did you want one with deep V neck, i could relay message to gentleman who has a beautiful what your looking for.

Yes please!

: did you want one with deep V neck, i could relay message to gentleman who has a beautiful what your looking for.

i will ask the owner about all the other details

I have a twelve string Yamaki AY 431 january 10, 2005

I have one from the mid seventies if you are still looking.
: Hello, I am eagerly lookinh to get my mits on a Yamaki acoustic from the seventies. Anyone have one to sell?

: Thanks,
: Caz

broken nut

yeah, so i just put some thicker strings on my guitar and the low E string chipped off the top of the nut! should i krazy glue it back on? get a replacement nut? get a replacement guitar?

Re: broken nut

you can replace the nut yourself, you get them without slots cut in, they are blank, when you take the old one out make sure you score through the varnish/lacquer around it with a craft knife, this will ensure you do not split away any existing overpainted lacquer, after you have scored it give it a gentle tap with a small pin hammer, knocking it back away from the fretboard, copy the string spacings from the old nut to the new, cut the slots and glue back in place with superglue, i think you call it crazy glue, the instant type glue. and that should be job done.

how would i go about taking the broken nut off the guitar?

read my reply, you score around the old nut with a craft knife.........

Gibson Les Paul Standard for sale

Gibson LP standard for sale , purchased this year , custom birds eye maple finish , gold plated hardware, perfect condition, will negotiate price ,trying to puchase a parker night fly. 561-703-3887

Re: Gibson Les Paul Standard for sale

In Perfect condition I would pay 1000 for it , can you post some pics and give me the serial #? Im gonna call you later its hard to find the birdseye maple finish with all gold hardware

: Gibson LP standard for sale , purchased this year , custom birds eye maple finish , gold plated hardware, perfect condition, will negotiate price ,trying to puchase a parker night fly. 561-703-3887

Do you have any pictures, and how much are you asking?

Email me at ekebleak1@netscape.net
im interested in this one thanks

hý my friend ý am ali from turkey
not speak englýsh
les paul gibson how much man y?

Modes

I'm very confused about modes. I understand the Cmaj mode. C-ionian D-dorian no #'s or b's etc. but I don't get the other maj Chord modes. Ex: If you start in the Dmaj Ionian mode, do the following modes just use the F# C# notes of the D scale or do they use the #'s or b's of there own scale. Ex: Dorian mode in Dmaj would be E.Right?? Can anyone explain them as simply as possible??
Thank you

Re: Modes

did'nt someone answer this one?? dwight, surely you can help him out?

Re: Modes (again)

If you scan down to where you previously asked this question, you will see that I answered it.
Maybe I went into too much detail and confused you. So just think about the following:
Modes are formed by choosing a new "home note" or starting point from another key ( the "mother key")
The new mode has the same sharps/flats as the "mother key"

epiphone bass serial # 0148824

what year is this bass? mint - value - short and sweet.
thank you
jc

Re: epiphone bass serial # 0148824

: what year is this bass? mint - value - short and sweet.
: thank you
: jc

jc, I have asked the manufacturer for info on 7 digit serial # models, and they do not keep any records of these, from the 70's to mid 90's. They have tried to maintain a database for the last 10 years, approx.

Older Hohner Acoustic Guitar

I have an older Hohner Acoustic Guitar model HG-09 AND AM WONDERING WHAT IT IS WORTH. It's in excellent condition.

looking for hired gun work

Im a Hired Gun Drummer out of Jackson Ms.I have 10 to 11 yrs exp. I have 6 yrs exp on the rd traveling with many rd bands.I have played all styles just about of music,looking for partime wrk aroun the southeastern United States any help is greatly appreciated, my email is trent792003@yahoo.com thanx...

Re: looking for hired gun work

: Im a Hired Gun Drummer out of Jackson Ms.I have 10 to 11 yrs exp. I have 6 yrs exp on the rd traveling with many rd bands.I have played all styles just about of music,looking for partime wrk aroun the southeastern United States any help is greatly appreciated, my email is trent792003@yahoo.com thanx...

www.ozarksblues.org & contact Bluesberries Tom Wittrock

Rickenbacker Dakota 650D

I bought this in Texas for 1G in 1998. Anyone know how much I could get for it second hand?

Re: Rickenbacker Dakota 650D

Probably not a whole lot. They retail at 1,000, but you can easily find them for $600 at places online.
How much are you looking for, anyway?

Re: Rickenbacker Dakota 650D

how much u want for it?

vintage gretch??!!

vintage gretch??!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : vintage gretch??!!

wanna learn basics of guitar(specially chords)

pls...... help me out .i need your help

Re: wanna learn basics of guitar(specially chords)

Try the link below

Re: wanna learn basics of guitar(specially chords)

: Try the link below
http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa071200e.htm

SG-X

I want an SG-X in coral.
anyone. let me know if you know of someone selling it.

SG-X

I want an SG-X in coral.
anyone. let me know if you know of someone selling it.
I'd love you for life.
thank you muchly.

Johnny Smith Gibson guitar

I have a Gibson Johnny Smith guitar and would like to know it's approx. value.

Re: Johnny Smith Gibson guitar

: I have a Gibson Johnny Smith guitar and would like to know it's approx. value.

Average value of others in excess of $5000 makes yours worth an appraisal I would think.

seventh day slumber chords

i really need the guitar chords to the song "what i need" by seventh day slumber..please email them to me at gurlpower4God@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Taylor

Re: seventh day slumber chords

why dont you have a listen to it and work them out??
might be quicker.

Re: seventh day slumber chords

It's no big secret that you can link to the guys from www.jesusfreakhideout.com or go direct to forum at www.seventhdayslumber.com. First words you see are please be respectful. Isn't that cool! messenger

WESTERN CANDA MARSHALL WANTED!

Looking for a good marshall amp for lead...i live in vancouver area and looking for anything powerful and clean. must be marshall or mesa. thanks. later.

Re: WESTERN CANDA MARSHALL WANTED!

: Looking for a good marshall amp for lead...i live in vancouver area and looking for anything powerful and clean. must be marshall or mesa. thanks. later.

Long & McQuade new & used equipment, sales of rentals etc.

Re: WESTERN CANDA MARSHALL WANTED!

: Looking for a good marshall amp for lead...i live in vancouver area and looking for anything powerful and clean. must be marshall or mesa. thanks. later.

Also, try some of the cats at SFU music dept. Free phone call to the Dean or leave a posting at the University.

Goya Guitar

I have been given a Goya Guitar. Model # F 11, sn# 115335. It needs some minor attention, and I do not know enough about insturment repair to scrutinize one repair person from another. Nor do I now the value of the guitar. ( This would dictate my willingness to spend a certain amount for the work. ) I live in San Clemente, Ca. (80 miles South of Los Angeles) If anyone has any information for my needs I would appreciate it. Many Thanks in advance. Hal

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.