Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: download song

: rapture dhol for download

Raj, you are at the wrong forum again. Why, I keep telling you? What is the problem since that terrible incident at monsoon wedding? We thought your medication was helping. Come back to Ministry of Dhol website for your downloads. Vijay.

monsoon wedding

boss , i want a song from monsoon wedding called kawa kawa aaj mera jee karda... can you get it for me..

Re: download song

: rapture dhol for download

Hi.........
I want 2 download this song...............
Please give me the link..............

tuning to Ab Eb Bb Db Gb Bb /// Ab Db Ab Db Gb Bb

tuning to Ab Eb Bb Db Gb Bb  ///  Ab Db Ab Db Gb Bb

This popular thread has been given its own page : tuning to Ab Eb Bb Db Gb Bb /// Ab Db Ab Db Gb Bb

1958 L48 Gibson "cherry"

Anyone know ballpark value?

Re: 1958 L48 Gibson

the value of a ballpark is directly proportionate to the surrounding neighborhood and if there are other ballparks in the area

Re: 1958 L48 Gibson

: the value of a ballpark is directly proportionate to the surrounding neighborhood and if there are other ballparks in the area

The L 48, in vg Cond. could Bring $8-1,000. -depending on COND. If it's been modified-and how -will affect value. Your's is likely a laminate (plywood)- The market for Jazz boxes has improved in recent years.

Dating a Epiphone Les Paul Junior

Can anyone help me date a Epiphone Junior? Serial number SJ04044628. Gibson customer rep gives one date and Blue Book Publications Inc gives another. It's very important that I know the correct date. I am trying to figure out if a signature on it is a forgery. Thanks!!!!

Re: Dating a Epiphone Les Paul Junior

if it was a gibson it would be a 2004 model.
dont know how the epi numbers work, tell us a bit about your forgery theory.

OK. Gibson also said it is a 2004 model made in Korea. Blue Book Publications Inc says it is a 2000 model manufactured at the Samick factory. It has autographs for all three Bee Gees (which look authentic) but Maurice died in Jan. 2003. So... if it is a 2004 model the sigs are fakes. If it is a 2000 model then they could be real.

i think you should only date humans

I once dated Les Paul Jr....He got fresh and tried to touch my butthole at the drive in and I called it off.

: I once dated Les Paul Jr....He got fresh and tried to touch my butthole at the drive in and I called it off.

Just letting you know it's okay to talk about your ass on this forum, though it may not help other guitarists.

teisco del rey e-100

My son just received a DelRey for christmas, from grandparents. I plugged it into the amp and no sound, or if there is any it is very little. My dad said it worked when he bought it. The knobs were loose so I took it apart and WOW what a wiring nightmare. You would not believe the amount of electrical tape used. 1st, is it worth fixing. 2nd, is there anywere to find wiring info for these.

thanks mark

Re: teisco del rey e-100

: My son just received a DelRey for christmas, from grandparents. I plugged it into the amp and no sound, or if there is any it is very little. My dad said it worked when he bought it. The knobs were loose so I took it apart and WOW what a wiring nightmare. You would not believe the amount of electrical tape used. 1st, is it worth fixing. 2nd, is there anywere to find wiring info for these.

: thanks mark

Re: teisco del rey et-100

hi. somehow, i have acquired a tiesco del rey.' i was wondering if you could give me some information on this company and the guitars themselves.

thankyou: jake

Gak.co.uk question

I have ordered a yahama pacificia 012 and a Marshall 10 watt amp from there on sunday and it says next week day delivery..so I was expecting it to come this wednesday or thursday and if it was to come on wednesday it would need to say "item dispatched" on the order tracking instead of that it has said "Order being processed" for the past few days.

So does anyone on these forums ordered anything off that website..if so then tell me how long your delivery took.

Thank You

GT3

how save GT3 midi parameters on a PC ?
Soft name?

David Gilmour e-mail address

Just wondering if there are any direct links to chat with David Gilmour?

Re: David Gilmour e-mail address

yes, its davidgilmour.is.god@kneel-in-front-of-the-great-one.com

Hi

Hello David I'm Muneer from Syrian Arab Republic
I'm very interested of you and your great way that you play guitar with.. so thank very much that you gave us a lot of pleasure and joyfull
Bi

Re: Hi

: Hello David I'm Muneer from Syrian Arab Republic
: I'm very interested of you and your great way that you play guitar with.. so thank very much that you gave us a lot of pleasure and joyfull
: Bi

Muneer, you said you were from Malaysia on our forum, but then you got your head kicked in, so maybe you don't know where you're from anymore. Have a speedy and joyful recovery.

Tom Delonge

does anybody know of any tom delonge guitars forsale? or do you know where i could go to get one made?

Re: Tom Delonge

bro, why Tom Delonge, he aint a great guitarist. And his vocals ruin marks man

Thakur Chakrapani Singh

I visit www.classicalguitar-veena.com it is very interesting and very good for Guitar World

Re: Thakur Chakrapani Singh

: I visit www.classicalguitar-veena.com it is very interesting and very good for Guitar World and all Guitar players

www.classicalguitar-veena.com

Realy it is very interesting website for Guitar world.

what do u think my guitar is worth

i have a epiphone les paul its 10 yrs old and in mint condishion and i would lke how much its worth

Re: what do u think my guitar is worth

:most likely a few hundred max, maybe 250-300$ really depends on who buys it and how much you paid. but you might not get that much, epiphone is a knock-off brand of gibson; like squire to fender

Guitar Aesthetics

Guitar Aesthetics

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar Aesthetics

PA system

hey my band got our first gig and our pa system broke and i have no money to buy a new one and im only 14 and the rest of my band is about the same age so we dont know anyone to barrow one from

fat fingers

im just learning my girfreind got me a esteban guitar for christmass. my first time im trying it it seams my fingers are to fat and i cant hit the chords the right way is this something im doing wrong or is it something that will come with practice. or maybye there is something i can get to wear on my fingers??

Re: fat fingers

: im just learning my girfreind got me a esteban guitar for christmass. my first time im trying it it seams my fingers are to fat and i cant hit the chords the right way is this something im doing wrong or is it something that will come with practice. or maybye there is something i can get to wear on my fingers??

I think that everyone who ever took up the guitar felt that way at the beginning. This is not a natural thing for your hand and fingers to be doing. Practice is the only way to get there. As you practice several things will happen, 1. your hand and fingers will become used to being in the proper positions and 2. you will develop caluses on your finger tips that will enable you to get the sound you want without as much effort. Right now your finger tips are like under inflated tires. It's frustrating now but improves with practice.

there is something i can get to wear on my fingers??

:
: I think that everyone who ever took up the guitar felt that way at the beginning. This is not a natural thing for your hand and fingers to be doing. Practice is the only way to get there. As you practice several things will happen, 1. your hand and fingers will become used to being in the proper positions and 2. you will develop caluses on your finger tips that will enable you to get the sound you want without as much effort. Right now your finger tips are like under inflated tires. It's frustrating now but improves with practice.

thanks i guess its going to take some time.
thanks again!!

No dude, if you aint got the time to practice to work your fingers, then dont bother playing at all, it takes practice just like everything else on the guitar, if ya wanna take the cheep way for it, then put the guitar down and dont touch it ever again.
Trevor

: there is something i can get to wear on my fingers??

: :
: : I think that everyone who ever took up the guitar felt that way at the beginning. This is not a natural thing for your hand and fingers to be doing. Practice is the only way to get there. As you practice several things will happen, 1. your hand and fingers will become used to being in the proper positions and 2. you will develop caluses on your finger tips that will enable you to get the sound you want without as much effort. Right now your finger tips are like under inflated tires. It's frustrating now but improves with practice.

: thanks i guess its going to take some time.
: thanks again!!

Playing the guitar is harder than Esteban claims. He does not want the QVC audience to catch on to this.

HELP!!

i just got a guitar from my dad for christmas....which i wanted..;..but to be honest... i raelly dont knoe the slightest thing about them.... soo playing it wud be a rather big challenge....... i can strum it...lol....

Re: HELP!!

you can do most things with it, you can tie a rocket on to it and launch it into orbit, maybe you should try with that one first.

is yur last name simpson?

It must be.

: Playing guitar should be taken seriously and not lightly, learn real songs like some led zeppelin or eric clapton, and whatever you do, do not play crap like simple plan or sum 41 or anything like that because it's not really playing guitar so much as banging on the strings and looking a retard, good luck and may the gods of rock be with you. Peace and bong hits - the joshman

: Playing guitar should be taken seriously and not lightly, learn real songs like some led zeppelin or eric clapton, and whatever you do, do not play crap like simple plan or sum 41 or anything like that because it's not really playing guitar so much as banging on the strings and looking a retard, good luck and may the gods of rock be with you. Peace and bong hits - the joshman

Ashley, Playing guitar is a challenge, but if you REALLY want to do it, it is very rewarding. It does require the "P" word : PRACTICE. Here are some tips :
1. Put a set of 8 guage strings on it (have someone you know help you, or pay your local music store $10 to re-string it. $20.00 with the new strings) If it is an acoustic guitar, put 10's or 11's on it.
2. If you didn't get a book with it, pick up a beginning guitar book (level 1), and/or a chord book - these are about $5 to $20.
3. While you watch t.v. pick up the guitar and put each finger (use your finger tips only), on a string and just press them on the strings for 15 to 30 seconds at a time. Just press your fingers on the strings. Then let them rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Do this through one or two t.v. shows, if you can stand it that long. After a while your fingers will hurt, but this is a good thing. After about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of this your fingers will have calluses and will not hurt as bad. This is a necessary evil for all beginning guitar players. DON'T give up.
3.Once your fingers don't hurt as much, try fingering some chords from your book(s). Start out simple with E, D, G, A chords. If you know some one who plays, have them help you so your chords ring out clean.
4. This won't happen overnight. It takes hard work and dedication to play well. If you really want to play, practice for at least 20 to 30 minutes every night.
5. Don't give up! Tell yourself I want to play guitar and I WILL do it!
There is much to learn. Go slowly at first. There aren't enough girls who play guitar, so show all your friends how cool it is to play guitar. You might teach them one day! Stick with it. You CAN do it. Have fun!

What guitar should I buy? please HELP!

I have been playing acoustic for a year now and I'm looking at buying an electric guitar.

I have almost $1700 to spend on a decent guitar, amp and all the accessories and I want your suggestion on a good guitar to buy.

Right now im swaying towards a Les Paul but I have heard these are fairly heavy.

I need something which plays all styles fairly well including rock blues and metal which will also hopefully last a long time.

Any Ideas?

Re: What guitar should I buy? please HELP!

I would prefer an ESP, or the cheap ESPs called LTD...
go to espguitars.com and take a look at the guitars...

Slayer

I myself am most definately a ESP guy though i dont own any actual ESPs myself, i do own 2 ltds though as i have owned 6 in the past but i left them at my uncles shop to use in his recording area and well i havent had the time to go back and get them (2 day drive back to get them) so there they sit. LTDs are amazing a standard M-302 kicks out some jazzy tones clean but busts out standard rock and metal distorted, an EXP (new model) really sounds great, i have 2, ex 50 and ex 351bd and both are amazing, as the 50 has standard equipment installed it sounds really good for all genres and usually runs around 230 us dollars, the otherone though is a metal maniacs dream come true but costing around 664 us dollars
another guitar i have that i really love is the epiphone goth series explorer, now all the epi goth series are the same so if you like les pauls they have one, v's theyve got one, sg, well you get the point. These are amazing guitars and for a great price too, it has standard gibson electronics on it and plays almost anything, besides the fact that its got the coolest paint job, its price for 449 us dollars is well worth the cost, and gives you enough to buy a decent amp, one more id reccomend is the actual gibson faded series, these guitars has the same electronics as their counterparts but are much lighter, ex. the flying v standard is just a HEAVY heavy metal machine if you want it to be, the faded is a LIGHT heavy metal machine, needless to say, the faded les pauls are also lighter than their counterparts, and sound just the same, these guitars are truely amazing and one around here will set you back about 630 us dollars, i extremely reccommend these guitars, and they also carry the gibson name so that makes them worth twice your while. there are a tone more i could describe so if youd like just say so and ill list more. Thanks....Trevor

: I have been playing acoustic for a year now and I'm looking at buying an electric guitar.

: I have almost $1700 to spend on a decent guitar, amp and all the accessories and I want your suggestion on a good guitar to buy.

: Right now im swaying towards a Les Paul but I have heard these are fairly heavy.

: I need something which plays all styles fairly well including rock blues and metal which will also hopefully last a long time.

: Any Ideas?

Gibson SG standard, plus any marshall 100 watt head with master volume, and 4x12 cab with vintage 30,s.

Les Paul's a good choice. Not all Les Pauls are alike go play them, play all of them and you can tell a difference. SG is the same thing. G@L is a good Strat choice. Hamer is an alternative to Les Paul, same vibe less expensive. Heritage Guitars are well built, Good used Tom Anderson. Ernie Ball.
I would strongly look at a Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special. This is a American made Hum and 2 single coils cover all bases to start. This together with a Mesa Boogie Combo or a Marshall tube amp. I think the Boogie combo because they are solid even a used one is going to be good unless it's been just trashed. Go play everything in you price range and out until you hear what sounds and feels good to you. The Ernie Ball and a boogie combo should eat up your budget and give you a solid start. If you do not like one or the other they keep their value so you wont get hosed on resale or trade. Good Luck

:hey i feel ya, im kind of in the same fix but ive been playing longer and already have 4 guitars, 1 is a 1965 gibson melody maker and i also have a gibson acoustic, anyway id go with any kind of gibson, yes many les pauls are heavy but not all. and sg's are pretty awsome too.but any gibson is worth the money, if you get one it will probably outlive you. like i said i have a 1965 gibson melody maker,which i might add is the cheapest model gibson makes, and it still looks and more impotantly sounds awsome so if i was you id get a gibson. But its youre money, waste it on something else if you want.

: I have been playing acoustic for a year now and I'm looking at buying an electric guitar.

: I have almost $1700 to spend on a decent guitar, amp and all the accessories and I want your suggestion on a good guitar to buy.

: Right now im swaying towards a Les Paul but I have heard these are fairly heavy.

: I need something which plays all styles fairly well including rock blues and metal which will also hopefully last a long time.

: Any Ideas?

Yes - For the money, instead of a Les Paul you could buy a Diamond Shector. They are well built and play as nice or better than a Les Paul. The Diamond Schector is built well, but the pickups and electronics are crap. Buy the Diamond Schector and then have the pickups replaced with high end Seymore Duncan pickups and pots. I did this and I am very happy with the results. I also had the nut replaced with a graphite nut. The total cost to me for what is now a very high end Les Paul type guitar was about $850.00 after modifications.

I know another pro that has two daimond schectors configure like mine and he loves them. They play like butter.

:Ok so you have been playing for a year; what are you talking about a les paul? you can't handle a les paul it is the angel of guitars, it is something to be revered and worshipped, a mere mortal such as yourself should be happy to even say the word les paul!, I suggest that you get a nice strat-pack or a pawned guitar and amp, just make sure everything is in good condition before you buy it, and stay away from the no-name brands.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.