Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

pick up

If you were me which pick up would you buy if you wanna change it i have no idea which one to buy. I like punk sound like blink 182. Just tell me your suggestion.

Re: pick up

: If you were me which pick up would you buy if you wanna change it i have no idea which one to buy. I like punk sound like blink 182. Just tell me your suggestion.

First, you DO mean a humbucker, right? I myself am playing a 1984 Kramer modified with a Seymour Duncan Invader, which has the Blink 182 sound. Also, you could try Gibson's re-issue Dirty Fingers which Tom is using now. I went to Gibson with another artist a few years ago and asked them to make us a couple. I didn't expect a whole production line, just 2 pickups. They told me and Keef to take off. But they did it for Tom.

Re: pick up

: If you were me which pick up would you buy if you wanna change it i have no idea which one to buy. I like punk sound like blink 182. Just tell me your suggestion.

Hey, if by any chance you want or need a single coil pickup in your axe, just let everyone know. Gretchen

Silvetta Classic Guitar

Has anyone ever heard of this brand?

my maruti omni has pickup problem,

my maruti omni has pickup problem,

This popular thread has been given its own page : my maruti omni has pickup problem,

messenger guitar

does anyone know where I can get wiring diagrahm, and any other information

please help

Re: messenger guitar

: does anyone know where I can get wiring diagrahm, and any other information

: please help

Your politeness deserves attention. We are a group of guitar tech students, and pro musicians like yourself. We just answered 50 posts in the last week. Nobody said anything, except the webmaster censored out 20 percent of the good ones.

Some forum members have called us shithead names. We don't need that. We know the artists that all are listening to, we know the manuf's and the retailers. Together we spent half a million $$$ on learning, and being friends with the guitar community. We are family and industry all in one.

We have the info you need on one of my favourites, the messenger. We would like to see our other postings in print. We could be writing for nothing.

In the meantime, we welcome any of the other thousands of members to respond, and satisfy your need to know.

We were referred here by one of our mentors Strat Man Dwight, who cared about the community. But we got the same treatment. messenger

: We have the info you need on one of my favourites, the messenger. We would like to see our other postings in print. We could be writing for nothing.

: In the meantime, we welcome any of the other thousands of members to respond, and satisfy your need to know.

: We were referred here by one of our mentors Strat Man Dwight, who cared about the community. But we got the same treatment. messenger

I disagree on one minor point with my pal messenger. Over a week ago, I posted a reply to someone's concern, along with others, and that person thanked us, made a positive comment about the forum due to responses, and implied that she would recommend & refer... so, if the forum is running smoothly, more people will come. We all benefit and the affiliate/sponsors might get more business. Someone might even have another GretSch question or buy one.

: : does anyone know where I can get wiring diagrahm, and any other information

: : please help

: Your politeness deserves attention. We are a group of guitar tech students, and pro musicians like yourself. We just answered 50 posts in the last week. Nobody said anything, except the webmaster censored out 20 percent of the good ones.

: Some forum members have called us shithead names. We don't need that. We know the artists that all are listening to, we know the manuf's and the retailers. Together we spent half a million $$$ on learning, and being friends with the guitar community. We are family and industry all in one.

: We have the info you need on one of my favourites, the messenger. We would like to see our other postings in print. We could be writing for nothing.

: In the meantime, we welcome any of the other thousands of members to respond, and satisfy your need to know.

: We were referred here by one of our mentors Strat Man Dwight, who cared about the community. But we got the same treatment. messenger

I really have an acoustic electric messenger guitar, I wasn't trying to be a mean person...sorry

Beware of email scam

Friends, while we still care, and while we can, we advise you to be careful of answering postings where you answer via email. Some people may potentially ask unnecessary questions, or pose as a nuisance to solicit your email response direct to them. It follows, that some of these postings are legit, while others may intend to sell your address, cross-referenced with your interests, or may use it to harass, infect or junkmail. messenger

1989 Ibanez 540S

What is the value of this guitar? It's not in perfect shape, but it doesn't have any major damage either.

Re: 1989 Ibanez 540S

: What is the value of this guitar? It's not in perfect shape, but it doesn't have any major damage either.

Take it to www.ibanezcollectors.com.

Re: 1989 Ibanez 540S

worth about $325.00 in great shape and 200.00 to 250.00 if decent

: Take it to www.ibanezcollectors.com.

My Epiphone

I recently purchased a used epiphone that is in mint condition. Its serial number is unusual though. It serial umber is ee04013195. could someone verify this as a real epiphone?

Re: My Epiphone

i cant see anyone wanting to forge a epiphone serial number, also the headstock on an epi is very distinctive, i wouldnt worry about it, you have a genuine one, and if the serial numbers work like a gibson then yours is a 2003 model.

Sell a classical guitar

I would like to sell a classical guitar from Dominique Field, Paris (1998). Does anyone know on which site I can put an add?
Thank you for the tip

Re: Sell a classical guitar

I have been looking for a Field-- what is the condition and the price...?

Thank You-- david

b&j guitars

i have a b&j serenader which is in great shape, it has a large orange label inside and a intracite head stock logo saying serenader and has a prrson playing and what looks like a coat of arms any info would be appreciated ron

jeff beck trem set up

jeff beck  trem set up

This popular thread has been given its own page : jeff beck trem set up

Trace Elliot - Velocette

Trace Elliot  - Velocette

This popular thread has been given its own page : Trace Elliot - Velocette

Guitar Values/Blue Book

Is there any such thing as an online bluebook for guitars?

Re: Guitar Values/Blue Book

not that i know of, most people put there guitars on here for a valuation.

Re: Guitar Values/Blue Book

:recently a friend of mine who (never played guitar)was given an old Gibson acoustic, on the inside there is no sticker indicating the model of guitar only a stamped on letter b and number 15 (b15) i searched the internet and found little info on this model, i DID find out that its a all mahogoney guitar that hasent been made since 1969. I was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate of its value in dollars. thanks

request assistance in playing

I am attempting to teach myself jazz guitar. One problem I have involves playing barre chords. I experience intense soreness in my thumb as well as the area between my thumb and forefinger after playing these chords for just a short while. I have made a concerted effort to correct this problem to no avail. I have tried different techniques in holding the neck which haven't helped. I have tried applying as little pressure as I can to the neck which likewise hasn't been of resolution. Can anyone offer some insight to how I may correct this flaw? It's a major impediment in my advancement with the instrument. Thanks.

Re: request assistance in playing

If you have not had your guitar set up properly, that would be the place to start. It seems you need to build up your grip; a grip exerciser ( with good padding ) may help. A tennis ball with a hole in it can work. Even very strong people can find trouble with a new physical challenge. Use "choking" ( cutting some of the chords short by releasing left hand pressure) when playing chord vamps, especially until your grip develops. It's a very useful technique anyway and well worth mastering. It gives your hand a brief rest every so often. Avoid a sharp bend in your wrist; keep the neck high. Hope this is of some help.

If you have not had your guitar set up properly, that would be the place to start. It seems you need to build up your grip; a grip exerciser ( with good padding ) may help. A tennis ball with a hole in it can work. Even very strong people can find trouble with a new physical challenge. Use "choking" ( cutting some of the chords short by releasing left hand pressure) when playing chord vamps, especially until your grip develops. It's a very useful technique anyway and well worth mastering. It gives your hand a brief rest every so often. Avoid a sharp bend in your wrist; keep the neck high. Hope this is of some help.

Thank you for your assistance, esp. the comment about the neck. I never had a formal set-up either (other than changing the strings once), so I'll consider that as well.

Gibson Maestro vibrola trem unit

anyone know where i can get one? ive seen some vibrola type units but no genuine gibson ones.

Re: Gibson Maestro vibrola trem unit

Have you tried ebay or something for getting a gibson one? Other types may be just as good but I can't really recommend any. Harmony Central doesn't have a review section on accessories so it may be hard to get hold of a really top- notch one.
i found a wanger @ http://www.guitar-parts.com/content/estore_details.asp?product=978 which looks the same as the standard unit. Unfortunately i couldn't find a UK stockist of them, though.
Hope this helps at all.

thanks for looking,
i have seen these ones you quoted, but they dont have the engraving, i want it to look authentic.
Gibson say they dont sell them as parts, but they still source them to go on the latest firebird models and also the angus young sig model.

: thanks for looking,
: i have seen these ones you quoted, but they dont have the engraving, i want it to look authentic.
: Gibson say they dont sell them as parts, but they still source them to go on the latest firebird models and also the angus young sig model.

All very true, and if Gibson don't co-operate, you could try a little strategy or pressure tactics. First open gibson.com and go to valleyartsguitars. Contact VA politely and ask if they will get you the vibrola. If they say no, tell them you are going to get it somehow, so they might as well make some money and get one for you. If that's impossible, try approaching through Les Paul forum and look for Tom Wittrock. Or search Tom Wittrock with something like google. Write a friendly note and ask for his assistance - he has clout and should have what you need already in his possession, or know somebody who has it or be able to get it for you. Have a nice adventure.

hello

i am selling a maestro vibrato an origianl gibson one but i think the your are looking for a lyre those are the ingraved ones seen on the 61 sg's if ur interested i will sell it for $50-80 email me

Do floyd rose tremolos change the tonality of Stratocasters

Here's the thing... I own an american texas special strat (i.e. standard). I'm thinking of replacing my tremolo with a floyd rose tremolo. Does it change the strat sound? If yes, how much... Thank you guys.........

Re: Do floyd rose tremolos change the tonality of Stratocasters

: Here's the thing... I own an american texas special strat (i.e. standard). I'm thinking of replacing my tremolo with a floyd rose tremolo. Does it change the strat sound? If yes, how much... Thank you guys.........

I'm not a guy. Yep, Floyd's effect tonality. Everything effects a Strat, even the way you hold it. Some "guys" refuse to change saddles, like to graphtech; refuse to change nuts (excuse me) and won't touch even string trees, as in changing to rollers or graphite. So, you would be altering all this with a whole bridge/locking nut setup. But the sound would be heavier, slightly metallic (I blame the nut), with perhaps a little more sustain, and not as sproingy. Some pickups will compensate somewhat, and bring back the bell-like tones. I just set up a Heavy Metal Strat with new Seymour Duncan vintage single coils, so at least some positions are Stratty. Strange mix. Then there's a nasty humbucker and the FR. Sort of 2 guitars in 1.

messenger acoustic electric guitar help

am having problem with the electrical does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagrahm for
a Messenger acoustic electric guitar..
please help

yes there is a messenger electric guitar

sorry I asked a ligit question

fandel Rickenbacker Copy

fandel Rickenbacker Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : fandel Rickenbacker Copy

KONA Guitar?

Hi all,

It's my first post here, and I need some advice. I'm getting a KONA guitar model #KS2NE and I'm wondering about what you think about it.

Or do you hav anything to say about the KONA guitars in general?

Thanks for any info,

Cheers,

Geniium

Re: KONA Guitar?

Kona makes Great guitars! The model you are purchasing has a sweet mellow sound that resounds because of its depth. I personally think this model is way better than other over $1000 guitars. Just ask friends how much they think you paid for it and you will probably get answers in the over $750 range. There are few guitars thta can touch this one for price/value. You'd have to spend over $3000 buying a top line guitar ( and even then you'd be hard-pressed to justify the difference in price). I highly recommend this guitar and wouldn't be caught without it. I pamper mine to death...

Problems With A Squire Fender Affinty Strat

Problems With A Squire Fender Affinty Strat

This popular thread has been given its own page : Problems With A Squire Fender Affinty Strat

tascam porta 07 manual

I NEED TASCAM PORTA 07 MANUAL.
THANK YOU

VALLEY ARTS GUITAR INFO

VALLEY ARTS GUITAR INFO

This popular thread has been given its own page : VALLEY ARTS GUITAR INFO

VALLEY ARTS GUITAR INFO

HELLO I HAVE A VALLEY ARTS CALIFORNIA PRO WITH THE ML2 THROUGH BODY NECK SERIAL # VA02641 ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO IF ITS AN 80'S ORRIGANL OR NOT I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON THEM I DONT THINK ITS A SAMIK REMAKE IT DOESNT SAY SAMIK ANYWERE AND IT HAS THE (VA) SERIAL NUMBER ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

Floyd Rose, Original or Schaller

I'm thinking about, replacing my ESP lic. Floyd Rose with an Original FR or a Schaller FR.
What do you think is better?? both are about 150 -180 Euro..

Slaeyer

Re: Floyd Rose, Original or Schaller

: I'm thinking about, replacing my ESP lic. Floyd Rose with an Original FR or a Schaller FR.
: What do you think is better?? both are about 150 -180 Euro..

: Slaeyer

Schaller. A little more refined. Read all about it: www.warmoth.com. See the model with neater appearance, upgraded parts and warmer tone. Or Schaller original. Are Floyd's made in China by any chance?

maya les paul

maya les paul

This popular thread has been given its own page : maya les paul

alvarez 5460

Any info please...I dont know his birthdate?...value? anything.

Looking for a Classical Guitar teacher around Boston

I am a true beginner and am seeking a classical guitar teacher within a 20 mile radius North of Boston.

Re: Looking for a Classical Guitar teacher around Boston

: I am a true beginner and am seeking a classical guitar teacher within a 20 mile radius North of Boston.

Contact John Muratore, teaching associate, guitar, Boston University Curriculum/Faculty. Ask for referral to teacher in your area of preference.

Value of Sigma DM-4 guitar made by C.F.Martin

Need to know the value of Sigma DM-4 Acoustic guitar
made by C.F.Martin (Korea)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.